Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU 09:58 - Dec 10 with 4933 viewsdirk_doone

NT
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 1:28]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:03 - Dec 10 with 2484 viewsDorsetIan

This 'no deal' option was only supposed to be a bargaining chip. Threaten to walk away and the EU will come grovelling, 'they need us more that we need them' etc.

It doesn't seem to be panning out like that. Funny that they also seem to be concerned about their own 'sovereignty' - who would have thought it?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:08 - Dec 10 with 2485 viewsdirk_doone

NT

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:13 - Dec 10 with 2476 viewsBison

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:08 - Dec 10 by dirk_doone

NT

You forgot to mention Dirk that this is COVID related to holidaymakers , just like we banned the Danish over their mink farms. Most of the world is banned from entering the EU which during a pandemic is fine.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:45 - Dec 10 with 2427 viewsBison

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:08 - Dec 10 by dirk_doone

NT

I work for one of those international banks based in London Dirk so will let you know how it's going. By the way we have recently closed or severally scaled back our operation in Russia , Greece , France and Malta. Coincidentally we are not investing in North America so much either as our focus is on Asia Pacific and ..... the U.K.

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:45 - Dec 10 with 2426 viewsdwayne_dibley

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:13 - Dec 10 by Bison

You forgot to mention Dirk that this is COVID related to holidaymakers , just like we banned the Danish over their mink farms. Most of the world is banned from entering the EU which during a pandemic is fine.

the covid restriction is of course true, but on a wider note regarding the EU and other tinpot republics shunning Great Britain they can just go fook themselves

Apart from Willy the Conker in 1066 and William of Orange the European states have been unable to subjugate the British. So what makes them think they can start now as the farce of EU membership and ECJ dictatorial judgements has clearly failed.

As Cpl Jones rightly said "they don't like it up them" (apart from a selection of foreign MEPs)

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:53 - Dec 10 with 2421 viewsgrumpy

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:13 - Dec 10 by Bison

Why do some people keep going on about sovereignty, don't we all depend on each other?
In the EU we are far stronger than outside it.
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:55 - Dec 10 with 2416 viewsdwayne_dibley

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:53 - Dec 10 by grumpy

Why do some people keep going on about sovereignty, don't we all depend on each other?

it was actually 27 against 1 with the ECJ also siding with France who happily broke or ignored any rules they wanted to

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:56 - Dec 10 with 2416 viewsBison

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:45 - Dec 10 by dwayne_dibley

the covid restriction is of course true, but on a wider note regarding the EU and other tinpot republics shunning Great Britain they can just go fook themselves

Apart from Willy the Conker in 1066 and William of Orange the European states have been unable to subjugate the British. So what makes them think they can start now as the farce of EU membership and ECJ dictatorial judgements has clearly failed.

As Cpl Jones rightly said "they don't like it up them" (apart from a selection of foreign MEPs)

We've been an 'isolated backwater ' for most of the last millennium ( and probabally since the land bridge to Europe disappeared after the last ice age ) yet we've seemed to have achieved quite a fair bit on our own. Whoever thinks that Givin the history of the European continent that they have finally achieved the perfect balance amongst themselves in the shape of the EU has not studied history.

If this was a horse race and you had to place your bet on previous form I know who I would be backing.

Login to get fewer ads

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:59 - Dec 10 with 2414 viewsgrumpy

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:45 - Dec 10 by dwayne_dibley

'regarding the EU and other tinpot republics shunning Great Britain'

You have that the wrong way round, its us that's shunning them..
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:02 - Dec 10 with 2412 viewsdwayne_dibley

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:59 - Dec 10 by grumpy

'regarding the EU and other tinpot republics shunning Great Britain'

You have that the wrong way round, its us that's shunning them..

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:04 - Dec 10 with 2410 viewsgrumpy

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:56 - Dec 10 by Bison

We've been an 'isolated backwater ' for most of the last millennium ( and probabally since the land bridge to Europe disappeared after the last ice age ) yet we've seemed to have achieved quite a fair bit on our own. Whoever thinks that Givin the history of the European continent that they have finally achieved the perfect balance amongst themselves in the shape of the EU has not studied history.

If this was a horse race and you had to place your bet on previous form I know who I would be backing.

I think if it had not been for the EU there would have been been a lot more trouble in Europe.
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:15 - Dec 10 with 2394 viewsBison

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:04 - Dec 10 by grumpy

I think if it had not been for the EU there would have been been a lot more trouble in Europe.

You may be right Grumps but I would also attribute a lot to NATO for stepping in to stop the Bosnia , Croation and Kosovo genecides. Some would also say that the emergence of MAD and nuclear arsenals have also had a major contribution in stopping wars.

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:39 - Dec 10 with 2374 viewsgrumpy

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:15 - Dec 10 by Bison

You may be right Grumps but I would also attribute a lot to NATO for stepping in to stop the Bosnia , Croation and Kosovo genecides. Some would also say that the emergence of MAD and nuclear arsenals have also had a major contribution in stopping wars.

Of course, Bison.
God help us if anyone fires any of those nuclear weapons off.
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:39 - Dec 10 with 2374 viewsdwayne_dibley

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:04 - Dec 10 by grumpy

the primary rationale for the EU / Common Market was to allow Germany to exert influence over the rest of the vassal states uusing finacial and commercial exploitation rather than Panzer tanks. In this it succeeded but was overtaken by the rise of the Cold war, Superpowers and nuclear weapons.

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:41 - Dec 10 with 2368 viewsgrumpy

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:39 - Dec 10 by dwayne_dibley

the primary rationale for the EU / Common Market was to allow Germany to exert influence over the rest of the vassal states uusing finacial and commercial exploitation rather than Panzer tanks. In this it succeeded but was overtaken by the rise of the Cold war, Superpowers and nuclear weapons.

Rubbish
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 12:55 - Dec 10 with 2316 viewsdwayne_dibley

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 11:41 - Dec 10 by grumpy

Rubbish

in what respect?

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 13:01 - Dec 10 with 2301 viewsDorsetIan

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 10:53 - Dec 10 by grumpy

It's a lot more than some people who keep 'going on about sovereignty' - those people have imposed their single issue fanaticism onto the rest of us. This from George Osborne in the ES...

"Clear victors are the “sovereigntists”–those who, perfectly honourably, could
never accept the European Union laws and court rulings that were the price we paid for the collective economic, social and security benefits of membership. What makes their victory impressive is that there were so few of them.

Even among Eurosceptics, most wanted to be in a “common market”. But now we’re out of that. At every turn these last four years, the economy has been sacrificed to maintain the purity of sovereignty.

We’ll find, I suspect, that our splendid isolation is an illusion, and that we’ll end up “voluntarily” shadowing the EU rules and standards that we once helped shape."

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/brexit-no-deal-brussels-eu-customs-union-b219

In the next few days Boris will need to decide whether he wants to continue to placate these nutters or whether he wants to start prioritising the economic prosperity of the UK.

Seriously, we're out of the EU, we're no longer governed by the European Court, there's no freedom of movement, no customs union - wtf are we still holding out for?? Ideological purity - that's all it is now.

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 14:52 - Dec 10 with 2252 viewsgrumpy

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 12:55 - Dec 10 by dwayne_dibley

in what respect?

'the primary rationale for the EU / Common Market was to allow Germany to exert influence over the rest of the vassal states uusing finacial and commercial exploitation rather than Panzer tanks'
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 14:56 - Dec 10 with 2247 viewsgrumpy

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 13:01 - Dec 10 by DorsetIan

It's a lot more than some people who keep 'going on about sovereignty' - those people have imposed their single issue fanaticism onto the rest of us. This from George Osborne in the ES...

"Clear victors are the “sovereigntists”–those who, perfectly honourably, could
never accept the European Union laws and court rulings that were the price we paid for the collective economic, social and security benefits of membership. What makes their victory impressive is that there were so few of them.

Even among Eurosceptics, most wanted to be in a “common market”. But now we’re out of that. At every turn these last four years, the economy has been sacrificed to maintain the purity of sovereignty.

We’ll find, I suspect, that our splendid isolation is an illusion, and that we’ll end up “voluntarily” shadowing the EU rules and standards that we once helped shape."

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/brexit-no-deal-brussels-eu-customs-union-b219

In the next few days Boris will need to decide whether he wants to continue to placate these nutters or whether he wants to start prioritising the economic prosperity of the UK.

Seriously, we're out of the EU, we're no longer governed by the European Court, there's no freedom of movement, no customs union - wtf are we still holding out for?? Ideological purity - that's all it is now.

How much has Brexit cost us?
What a ridiculous waste of time and money just as we are going to have to try and recover from the damage this virus has done to the economy.
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 15:52 - Dec 10 with 2211 viewsfranniesTache

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 14:56 - Dec 10 by grumpy

How much has Brexit cost us?
What a ridiculous waste of time and money just as we are going to have to try and recover from the damage this virus has done to the economy.

The latest figure i've seen for the cost of Brexit to this date has been £130bn, not sure how that figure was reached but it's actually more than our total contributions to the EU since we joined.
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 16:23 - Dec 10 with 2181 viewskentsouthampton

The EU in "taking back control of its borders" shocker.
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 16:34 - Dec 10 with 2170 viewsBazza

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 15:52 - Dec 10 by franniesTache

The latest figure i've seen for the cost of Brexit to this date has been £130bn, not sure how that figure was reached but it's actually more than our total contributions to the EU since we joined.

No-one knows the real cost, conflated as it is with the coronavirus.

One thing is clear we voted to leave.

Our influence in the EU was consistently diminished at will by the Germans and their France lapdogs. Don't worry life does exist outside the EU.

Watch Poland and Hungary get ground down by the EU masters in their current budget dispute, that would have involved the UK.
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 17:03 - Dec 10 with 2098 viewsDorsetIan

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 16:34 - Dec 10 by Bazza

Our influence in the EU was consistently diminished at will by the Germans and their France lapdogs. Don't worry life does exist outside the EU.

Watch Poland and Hungary get ground down by the EU masters in their current budget dispute, that would have involved the UK.

I guess if you understand everything in terms of: 'consistently dimished at will', 'lapdogs' and countries being 'ground down', you were never going to like a wonderful collective endeavour like european integration.

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 17:11 - Dec 10 with 2097 viewsfranniesTache

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 16:34 - Dec 10 by Bazza

From what i read that figure was one that excluded Covid related downturns.

There's a few around that point at anywhere between a 3.3%-6% drop in GDP from a no deal excluding Covid (future prediction not current spend).

Like i said though i don't know how the figures are reached as i'm not an economist and don't work in government.
Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 17:16 - Dec 10 with 2094 viewsBison

Britain to become the pariah of Europe, not just the EU on 17:03 - Dec 10 by DorsetIan

I guess if you understand everything in terms of: 'consistently dimished at will', 'lapdogs' and countries being 'ground down', you were never going to like a wonderful collective endeavour like european integration.

Or the Weimar Republic , or maybe the USSR or even the Ottoman Empire.

The Romans maybe , Aztecs , Mongolian .

Of course we must mention the British Empire.

They bad , the EU is the solution to the worlds problems , harmony personified. Bigger is better and before you get on your high horse Ian I'm talking historically , for your assumption about the European Union being the equivalent of peace on earth in the future what facts do you possess ?

The 1st Scottish referendum was before the Brexit vote but the fact it happened shows the world and even the UK is not a global kibbutz , people and nations have always been tribal.

I predict the EU will fail , I'd rather not be in it when it does.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024