Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So you would agree with the E.U. then? 11:17 - Dec 12 with 2996 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

At Present - What the EU are insisting -- is for instance ..... If the EU has to increase Their V.A.T rate to 22% to cover their OWN budget shortfall - Due to their overpaid unelected bureaucrats needing extra monies to cover their PRIVATE air transport (As they need to hire private jets - for their meeting jollies - look at their history on this!) ....... THEN if the UK did not increase our VAT by 2% ....... The EU have the rights to punish us by imposing sanctions --- if we do not fall in line with them - as we would have an unfair advantage!

So you would like to agree with that then?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 08:41 - Dec 13 with 2242 viewsDorsetIan

A few of points on this one ASIS.

First, you suggest that the EU simply sets VAT rates within the EU, which simply isn’t true.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/tax-brexit

Second, I haven’t heard anyone suggest that they are insisting on VAT alignment.

Third, IT‘S THEIR SINGLE MARKET so they can make whatever demands they like.

I hope you getting as cross about all the Covid chronyism we have seen this country over the last year.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 09:02 - Dec 13 with 2228 viewsthissceptredsaint

Agree with you there billions of pounds hived off much going to Johnson and Rishis friends and family, the biggest robbery of taxpayers money since the black knight.

Where is the outrage at that?

Double standards
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 09:18 - Dec 13 with 2219 viewskentsouthampton

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 09:02 - Dec 13 by thissceptredsaint

Agree with you there billions of pounds hived off much going to Johnson and Rishis friends and family, the biggest robbery of taxpayers money since the black knight.

Where is the outrage at that?

Double standards

1.2 billion to Cummings brother's best mate for a track and trace app that didn't work, nice work if you can get it.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 9:19]
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 09:26 - Dec 13 with 2209 viewsdwayne_dibley

all the piggies in each country will have their snouts in the trough. All politicians are corrupt as are their "friends & family"

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 04:00 - Dec 14 with 2150 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 09:18 - Dec 13 by kentsouthampton

1.2 billion to Cummings brother's best mate for a track and trace app that didn't work, nice work if you can get it.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 9:19]

I may have strong thoughts on us leaving the EU - mainly it's a complete WASTE of our money and it seems to me to be " Overpaid Jobs for the boys " i,e Neil & Glenys Kinnock who have extremely LARGE EU PENSIONS -- that we have all to pay for!!! ..

If there was a party named "Common Sense Party " they would get my vote - and I totally agree with your opinion with regard to the funding of "Test & Trace " it's bloody Scandalous! and the site of Hancock & Gavin Williamson blatantly lieing nearly every time - makes me want to throw up!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 04:50 - Dec 14 with 2143 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 08:41 - Dec 13 by DorsetIan

A few of points on this one ASIS.

First, you suggest that the EU simply sets VAT rates within the EU, which simply isn’t true.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/tax-brexit

Second, I haven’t heard anyone suggest that they are insisting on VAT alignment.

Third, IT‘S THEIR SINGLE MARKET so they can make whatever demands they like.

I hope you getting as cross about all the Covid chronyism we have seen this country over the last year.

Good win and Saints up to 4th now - hopefully something that we can agree on Ian.

You stated -- I haven’t heard anyone suggest that they are insisting on VAT alignment? ...... I wasn't suggesting anything like that Ian - I picked V.A.T as BLOODY SILLY TOPIC to point to the view ----- that as of to-day the UK would then be deemed to have an advantage - therefore THEY the EU want to insist that we fall in line and punish us with sanctions, if we do not comply! - this is one of the 3 sticking points, (as we quite rightly in my view) will not agree to such demands. We are being bullied again with the EU TREATING OTHERS in THEIR OWN CLUB - SEE ! This is what will happen to you should you THINK OF LEAVING?

Ian IF its such a good club - the EU should not have any other leaving - my prediction being within 10 years - Italy then Greece will follow and collapse the whole organization

As with - your Third point , IT‘S THEIR SINGLE MARKET so they can make whatever demands they like - correct Ian - but as above -- IF the EU passed to ban all petrol cars by 2025 - they expect us to fall " In line " or face EU sanctions - as the EU insist that we HAVE TO FALL IN LINE!

Hopefully all this will not be necessary as they are still talking at present , .... And even I hope for a fair trade agreement , to lessen more work/grief and despair for our companies and UK citizens.
You maybe surprised by my answers to kentsouthampton post - Happy Christmas.

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 06:35 - Dec 14 with 2116 viewsthissceptredsaint

That's a cop out to say all politicians have their noses in the trough. I'm sure there are some that aren't that way and anyway in a democracy we are the ones that exercise our judgement and put them in the position to do so, so we are ultimately at fault for making such bad choices
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 08:41 - Dec 14 with 2059 viewsdwayne_dibley

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 06:35 - Dec 14 by thissceptredsaint

That's a cop out to say all politicians have their noses in the trough. I'm sure there are some that aren't that way and anyway in a democracy we are the ones that exercise our judgement and put them in the position to do so, so we are ultimately at fault for making such bad choices

The electorate only get to elect the choices the main parties put up for election, independants are normally also rans

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Login to get fewer ads

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 09:25 - Dec 14 with 2041 viewsgrumpy

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 04:00 - Dec 14 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

I may have strong thoughts on us leaving the EU - mainly it's a complete WASTE of our money and it seems to me to be " Overpaid Jobs for the boys " i,e Neil & Glenys Kinnock who have extremely LARGE EU PENSIONS -- that we have all to pay for!!! ..

If there was a party named "Common Sense Party " they would get my vote - and I totally agree with your opinion with regard to the funding of "Test & Trace " it's bloody Scandalous! and the site of Hancock & Gavin Williamson blatantly lieing nearly every time - makes me want to throw up!

How much money has it cost trying to leave with a deal that's worse than the one we have?

This 'Brexit' has divided Europe and the UK, we even have problems with our own regions.
Scotland will get independence, Ireland will move closer to being unified.
I can see trouble in both those countries coming from that.

What a tragedy this Brexit is for this Country, very sad.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 9:32]
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 09:40 - Dec 14 with 2026 viewsDorsetIan

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 04:50 - Dec 14 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Good win and Saints up to 4th now - hopefully something that we can agree on Ian.

You stated -- I haven’t heard anyone suggest that they are insisting on VAT alignment? ...... I wasn't suggesting anything like that Ian - I picked V.A.T as BLOODY SILLY TOPIC to point to the view ----- that as of to-day the UK would then be deemed to have an advantage - therefore THEY the EU want to insist that we fall in line and punish us with sanctions, if we do not comply! - this is one of the 3 sticking points, (as we quite rightly in my view) will not agree to such demands. We are being bullied again with the EU TREATING OTHERS in THEIR OWN CLUB - SEE ! This is what will happen to you should you THINK OF LEAVING?

Ian IF its such a good club - the EU should not have any other leaving - my prediction being within 10 years - Italy then Greece will follow and collapse the whole organization

As with - your Third point , IT‘S THEIR SINGLE MARKET so they can make whatever demands they like - correct Ian - but as above -- IF the EU passed to ban all petrol cars by 2025 - they expect us to fall " In line " or face EU sanctions - as the EU insist that we HAVE TO FALL IN LINE!

Hopefully all this will not be necessary as they are still talking at present , .... And even I hope for a fair trade agreement , to lessen more work/grief and despair for our companies and UK citizens.
You maybe surprised by my answers to kentsouthampton post - Happy Christmas.

Yes, ASIS - a great win and a great season so far. I am sure that if we sat down for a pint we might agree on quite a few things!

It's not that they are forcing us to stay in line, but the remaining member states all have to obey by the rules if they want tarif free access to the single market. All they are saying is that if we decide (which will be our right - nobody is going to tell us what to do) to have rules which are not as stringent as theirs then we might lose some of the 'tarif free' status of being in the single market. I don't see what's wrong with that - why should we have exactly the same rights as everything within the EU who has to stick to the rules?

A bit like his use of 'Australian style' when he really means 'no', I don't trust a word Boris Johnson says about the EU's position. He is always going to try to spin it to show himself in a good light.

We just have to wait and see now what happens. A deal seems more likely today than it did last Thursday.

All the best

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 10:26 - Dec 14 with 2011 viewsgrumpy

I don't doubt there will be a deal, its surely gone on so long there has to be.
When this deal comes back to us there's going to be a lot of small print to go over.
I hope Boris doesn't come back with a Chamberlain like deal.
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 11:43 - Dec 14 with 1995 viewsSadoldgit

I can’t see how we can expect a tariff free access to the single market without making concessions. The problem for Johnson will be selling those concessions to those who want us to be totally “sovereign”. We can’t have both. The EU will hoping we will give way and we are hoping that the EU will allow the integrity of the single market to be bent to accommodate us. It is in both of our interests to find a way forward, but the red lines are clearly preventing any kind of compromise being reached. There may well be some further progress on the fishing issue, but I really can’t see either side giving in on the fundamental issue of abiding by EU rules. Neither side wants to be seen as pulling the plug, hence the constant pushing back of deadlines, but at some point they are going to have to accept that a soft Brexit just isn’t going to happen.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 9:44]
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 20:09 - Dec 14 with 1906 viewskernow

Haiti is totally sovereign, like North Korea.
Also poverty stricken.
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 21:50 - Dec 14 with 1879 viewsBerber

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 09:26 - Dec 13 by dwayne_dibley

all the piggies in each country will have their snouts in the trough. All politicians are corrupt as are their "friends & family"

This, if anyone thinks no politician is not as corrupt as they can get away with, you may not be responsible enough to vote.
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 21:55 - Dec 14 with 1871 views1885_SFC

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 21:50 - Dec 14 by Berber

This, if anyone thinks no politician is not as corrupt as they can get away with, you may not be responsible enough to vote.

Yep, I remember my taxes helping pay for some MP's fookin' duck pond ffs.

Old School is Cool

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 22:11 - Dec 14 with 1855 viewsDorsetIan

Irony of this 'all politicians are bent'/'drain the swamp' vibe, is that when a politician starts spouting it, you know you're listening to the worst of the worst.

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 16:53 - Dec 15 with 1762 viewssaintfrance

Sorry Dorset Ian, not quite right that everyone follows the rules, both Poland and Hungary tell Brussels to not tell them what they can do as do most eastern European countries that receive and not give, France has a major shareholding in Peugeot and Renault to prop them up as they do with their airline , they are scared of their farmers and fishermen. France also do not follow any health and safety rules regarding food and construction. There is a tremendous amount of waste and lack of budget oversight in Brussels so don't run away with the idea all is fair over there, it ain't
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 21:15 - Dec 15 with 1728 views1885_SFC

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 16:53 - Dec 15 by saintfrance

Sorry Dorset Ian, not quite right that everyone follows the rules, both Poland and Hungary tell Brussels to not tell them what they can do as do most eastern European countries that receive and not give, France has a major shareholding in Peugeot and Renault to prop them up as they do with their airline , they are scared of their farmers and fishermen. France also do not follow any health and safety rules regarding food and construction. There is a tremendous amount of waste and lack of budget oversight in Brussels so don't run away with the idea all is fair over there, it ain't

I see the frogs are already saying they're going to blockade British ferries if they don't get a fishing deal.

Old School is Cool

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 21:17 - Dec 15 with 1725 viewsDorsetIan

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 16:53 - Dec 15 by saintfrance

When did I say that everyone follows the rules?

That's what the European Court is for - to enforce them when they are broken. And it does.

Funny you mention Poland and Hungary. Front page of the European Court website reporting on a case by Poland and Hungary being dismissed.

https://curia.europa.eu/jcms/jcms/j_6/en/

People break the law in this country too. It doesn't mean that it's a free for all here. Point remains - EU has every right to insist that a non-member like us sticks to the same rules, if we want the same benefits.

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 11:54 - Dec 16 with 1655 viewsSadoldgit

It looks like we are edging closer to finally getting the deal done. If so, I wonder how it compares to the ones voted down in the Commons previously.
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 12:24 - Dec 16 with 1646 viewsSaintsforeverj

I have always suspected that a deal will be done. The EU will lose billions too, if there is no deal. Money always talks (even in the EU establishment), and a deal will likely be done in the end. Boris always knew that, and has stood firm on getting the best outcome for the UK, knowing / risking that the EU will want a deal. If Boris delivers a deal, maintaining our sovereignty, laws made in Britain and ending free movement etc, then it is job done and many will see this is as success.

Plus, the UK is the first country to get the vaccine out. While the EU dithers, has meetings, and argues, we have started the vaccine roll out because we make our own laws now. This is an example of where leaving the EU, will be a good thing, especially if we get a deal.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 12:41]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:01 - Dec 16 with 1608 viewsfranniesTache

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 12:24 - Dec 16 by Saintsforeverj

I have always suspected that a deal will be done. The EU will lose billions too, if there is no deal. Money always talks (even in the EU establishment), and a deal will likely be done in the end. Boris always knew that, and has stood firm on getting the best outcome for the UK, knowing / risking that the EU will want a deal. If Boris delivers a deal, maintaining our sovereignty, laws made in Britain and ending free movement etc, then it is job done and many will see this is as success.

Plus, the UK is the first country to get the vaccine out. While the EU dithers, has meetings, and argues, we have started the vaccine roll out because we make our own laws now. This is an example of where leaving the EU, will be a good thing, especially if we get a deal.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 12:41]

We rolled the vaccine out early because of a law the EU put in place that allowed us to do so, As things stand we are still in the boundaries of the EU health law and Brexit had zero impact on our ability to roll out a German made vaccine under EU law.
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:04 - Dec 16 with 1604 viewsSaintsforeverj

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:01 - Dec 16 by franniesTache

We rolled the vaccine out early because of a law the EU put in place that allowed us to do so, As things stand we are still in the boundaries of the EU health law and Brexit had zero impact on our ability to roll out a German made vaccine under EU law.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1372827/EU-news-cor

"While EU states are free to complete their own regulatory checks, they agreed to adopt a unified approach."

We were not part of the "unified approach" as we have left the EU, and that's why we got out the vaccine quicker than EU ruled Germany.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 13:10]

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:10 - Dec 16 with 1593 viewsfranniesTache

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:04 - Dec 16 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1372827/EU-news-cor

"While EU states are free to complete their own regulatory checks, they agreed to adopt a unified approach."

We were not part of the "unified approach" as we have left the EU, and that's why we got out the vaccine quicker than EU ruled Germany.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 13:10]

Yeah i'm aware at what Hancock and Rees Mogg said, if i was being polite i'd say two extremely senior politicians who should know better made a mistake, if i was being a cynic i'd say two people with a vested interest outright lied to the general public.

The fact that Brexit had no impact is even confirmed on the Governments own website

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-mhra-stateme
So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:18 - Dec 16 with 1586 viewsSaintsforeverj

So you would agree with the E.U. then? on 13:10 - Dec 16 by franniesTache

Yeah i'm aware at what Hancock and Rees Mogg said, if i was being polite i'd say two extremely senior politicians who should know better made a mistake, if i was being a cynic i'd say two people with a vested interest outright lied to the general public.

The fact that Brexit had no impact is even confirmed on the Governments own website

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-mhra-stateme

So why hasnt Germany started vaccinations then? And why are they annoyed? What's the reason, we are the first to vaccinate and they arn't?

Here is a German doctor quoted from what I posted

Its president Gerald Gass said: “I am asking myself if we really need time until Dec 29 to reach the approval of the vaccination in Europe – Europe should try to get an emergency authorisation earlier.

“That way we could still go into nursing homes with mobile teams before Christmas and vaccinate the residents.”

What does he mean "In Europe".
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 13:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024