Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prem money 17:02 - Dec 13 with 1728 viewsseasidedale

Just been reading about the terms of the premiership money, league one clubs are only allowed to spend £20,000 on transfer up to summer. Free transfers can only be signed after a player leaves and can only be paid 70% wages of departing player. This I believe comes into effect if the club applies for extra funding from the amount set aside. Not sure how accurate this is as it was in the sun (no I don’t buy it, it came through on a feed)
Thoughts?
Prem money on 18:54 - Dec 13 with 1623 viewsDalenet

The final £20m was set aside for clubs in the edge that couldn't pay wages or their PAYE bill. They were told that if they needed that cash they would be under restrictions. Doesn't seem unfair to me.....if you couldn't afford to pay your players you shouldn't be allowed to then buy players or spend it on new wages.
Prem money on 19:41 - Dec 13 with 1564 viewsD_Alien

Prem money on 18:54 - Dec 13 by Dalenet

The final £20m was set aside for clubs in the edge that couldn't pay wages or their PAYE bill. They were told that if they needed that cash they would be under restrictions. Doesn't seem unfair to me.....if you couldn't afford to pay your players you shouldn't be allowed to then buy players or spend it on new wages.

Agree with that

This is an opportunity for profligate clubs to get their houses in order, if they're capable of doing so. Using this 'edge fund' to continue their spendthrift ways would be a waste that it seems the EFL & Premier League won't allow

Said months ago that the covid break in income should be used to reset football finances, certainly below the top tier

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Prem money on 11:26 - Dec 14 with 1366 viewsDalenet

Prem money on 19:41 - Dec 13 by D_Alien

Agree with that

This is an opportunity for profligate clubs to get their houses in order, if they're capable of doing so. Using this 'edge fund' to continue their spendthrift ways would be a waste that it seems the EFL & Premier League won't allow

Said months ago that the covid break in income should be used to reset football finances, certainly below the top tier

The news in the Chronicle yesterday was that Sunderland are on the brink of administration. The owner (who is trying to sell) says that isn't true but he is sinking £1m a month of his own cash to keep them going. The Premiership distribution won't help them one bit. I thought they had cut their budget to £9m pa but that suggests not. The news article was raised as Sunderland has asked for a bigger slice of the £30m pie because its costs are higher. No surprise there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024