Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow 22:43 - Dec 15 with 1662 viewshedgeend61

according to Talksport,

https://talksport.com/football/804756/slaven-bilic-sacked-west-brom-manager-sam-

Nice after drawing at City.

Wilder and Arteta won't sleep well tonight
Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 22:48 - Dec 15 with 1639 viewsdirk_doone

Criminal if that's true. He has done as a good a job as any manager could do at West Brom. Like Scott Parker, he is one of the good guys struggling with the poor hand he's been dealt.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 23:25 - Dec 15 with 1591 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 22:48 - Dec 15 by dirk_doone

Criminal if that's true. He has done as a good a job as any manager could do at West Brom. Like Scott Parker, he is one of the good guys struggling with the poor hand he's been dealt.

I was talking to my wife about this at the weekend. It is entirely the media's doing when a manager is sacked now.

The "media" are talking about OGS (I can't be bothered to spell his name) getting sacked. They talk about x, y and z getting sacked. Yet no one knows what is going on. I mean FFS they referenced Hassenhuttl being sacked after the 9-0, yet here he is today. Did anyone know Saints lost 9-0 to Leicester by the way? I don't think it's been mentioned. Anyone hear that?

Bilic is doing a great job with an average squad. Bilic, Parker, Dyche, Wilder; these guys need to be given a break and a chance to make it happen for their teams.

If ANY manager should be questioned it is Arteta and probably Lampard. Arteta has a very decent squad of players, yet they're 15th and how Chelsea are not top with what they spent is beyond me.

But bollocks to the media, let's bring back some loyalty. Hasenhuttl has shown what a manager can do when a) backed, b) trusted and c) empowered. Empowered is probably the most relevant in Saints' case.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 06:52 - Dec 16 with 1503 viewsNumber_58

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 23:25 - Dec 15 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I was talking to my wife about this at the weekend. It is entirely the media's doing when a manager is sacked now.

The "media" are talking about OGS (I can't be bothered to spell his name) getting sacked. They talk about x, y and z getting sacked. Yet no one knows what is going on. I mean FFS they referenced Hassenhuttl being sacked after the 9-0, yet here he is today. Did anyone know Saints lost 9-0 to Leicester by the way? I don't think it's been mentioned. Anyone hear that?

Bilic is doing a great job with an average squad. Bilic, Parker, Dyche, Wilder; these guys need to be given a break and a chance to make it happen for their teams.

If ANY manager should be questioned it is Arteta and probably Lampard. Arteta has a very decent squad of players, yet they're 15th and how Chelsea are not top with what they spent is beyond me.

But bollocks to the media, let's bring back some loyalty. Hasenhuttl has shown what a manager can do when a) backed, b) trusted and c) empowered. Empowered is probably the most relevant in Saints' case.

I wish I could have an in-depth discussion about football with my wife. As it is, we never get past the usual "so is 'offside' when the ball gets kicked into the crowd?". To be fair to her though, she tries to explain the rules but I just can't get the hang of it.
Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 07:38 - Dec 16 with 1477 viewsJaySaint

but what should WBA do? Just accept relegation because he did well in another division?
if they do nothing, they go down. If they make a change, they may stay up.

You could argue that we sacked Hughes too early, yet I doubt anyone would want that decision reversed.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 8:03]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 08:25 - Dec 16 with 1448 viewssolent_toffee

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 23:25 - Dec 15 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Danny Murphy was suggesting Everton move on from Ancelotti the other day. That’s right Danny Phucking Murphy.

Apparently West Brom are looking at bringing Gravy Tits in. That will be a disgrace if they do. The players are clearly playing for Bilic. I doubt Allerdyce will get a better tune out of them.

It still sickens me that he was involved with Everton.
Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 09:02 - Dec 16 with 1412 viewsChesham_Saint

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 06:52 - Dec 16 by Number_58

I wish I could have an in-depth discussion about football with my wife. As it is, we never get past the usual "so is 'offside' when the ball gets kicked into the crowd?". To be fair to her though, she tries to explain the rules but I just can't get the hang of it.

Haha good one...When you get home do you ask her to take her panties off ....as they cut in to you too much as well?!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 09:36 - Dec 16 with 1384 viewssaint22

If Allardyce gets that job its a travesty, Bilic should be given more time, couple of wins and up they go
That neanderthal crook should never get another chance at any club
Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 09:36 - Dec 16 with 1381 viewsJaySaint

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 09:36 - Dec 16 by saint22

If Allardyce gets that job its a travesty, Bilic should be given more time, couple of wins and up they go

would you have argued that Mark Hughes should have been given more time at Saints?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 10:41 - Dec 16 with 1337 viewsdwayne_dibley

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 09:36 - Dec 16 by saint22

it would also mean buying a lot of brown paper envelopes

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 11:12 - Dec 16 with 1318 viewsMessysaints

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 07:38 - Dec 16 by JaySaint

but what should WBA do? Just accept relegation because he did well in another division?

You could argue that we sacked Hughes too early, yet I doubt anyone would want that decision reversed.

We regressed under hughes, Had every player looking bad bar Redders and Tadic, but even they never reached top form as shown by tadic when he left and set the Champions league alight with Ajax... He also tried to force JWP out of the club dropping him ( our most consistent performer even before he took over ) and nearlly sold him for a mere 14 million...

Was a huge mistake Hughes, Had a year and we went backwards survived relgation just thanks to other teams being worse, then had us in relegation posistion when he got sacked, now we have Ralph who with pretty much the same squad we have now with far less depth has us 4th and JWP has become one of the best mids in the league and is our most influencial player, and most consistent player
Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 11:36 - Dec 16 with 1302 viewsSadoldgit

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 07:38 - Dec 16 by JaySaint

The difference being that Bilic is a better manager than Hughes.

The sacking has been confirmed.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 13:10]
Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 13:53 - Dec 16 with 1254 viewsChesham_Saint

A stupid move I think. I heard this on Talksport as well, with the appalling Jim White and myopic Simon Jordan. I know Jordan was chairman of Palace and all that, but he really does come out with some absolute guff. His view was that as the West Brom board were smart enough to appoint Bilic in the first place, they should know when to sack him and it didn’t matter what the fans thought.

You only have to consider all the shit appointments we’ve had at Saints down the years (Branfoot, Gray, Wigley, Redknapp, Poortvliet, Wotte, Pelligrino and Hughes) to realise this is nonsense. Boards can be very far from ‘smart’ when appointing managers.

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 14:20 - Dec 16 with 1248 viewsSadoldgit

Unsurprisingly, names in the frame are Fat Sam, Pearson, Hughes and Howe. Let us hope, for WBA fans sake, that it is Howe.
Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 14:23 - Dec 16 with 1245 viewsButty101

Its BFS - he was meant to be commentating on talk sport and hes no longer available

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 14:23 - Dec 16 with 1245 viewsChesham_Saint

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 14:20 - Dec 16 by Sadoldgit

Unsurprisingly, names in the frame are Fat Sam, Pearson, Hughes and Howe. Let us hope, for WBA fans sake, that it is Howe.

For the way the West Brom fans danced with the skates when we went down, I have little liking for them. On that basis I’d like them to appoint Mark Hughes....

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 14:26 - Dec 16 with 1243 viewsButty101

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 14:23 - Dec 16 by Chesham_Saint

For the way the West Brom fans danced with the skates when we went down, I have little liking for them. On that basis I’d like them to appoint Mark Hughes....

good point cn uts

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 14:34 - Dec 16 with 1229 viewsBerber

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 22:48 - Dec 15 by dirk_doone

I agree with this. Bilic has a more Championship quality squad than Parker, but both will be doing magnificently to avoid relegation.
Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 14:37 - Dec 16 with 1225 viewsSaintsforeverj

Only time will tell if this is the right decision. We don't know what the atmosphere is like on the training ground etc or what has happened behind closed doors or what the players think. If WBA improve, it will be correct. If they don't it will be wrong. Always thought Bilic is passionate and decent but time will tell. Money is everything and if big Sam keeps them up, they get 200 million.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 14:38]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 15:37 - Dec 16 with 1190 viewsBerber

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 14:26 - Dec 16 by Butty101

good point cn uts

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 17:39 - Dec 16 with 1106 viewsTimSaint

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 06:52 - Dec 16 by Number_58

My mate once said that his missus was trying to show an interest in football, so that weekend, whilst he was watching the game, she came in and asked

Wife: What's the score.....

Mate: nil - nil

Wife: Who to ?

TimSaint

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 17:46 - Dec 16 with 1100 viewsChesham_Saint

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 17:39 - Dec 16 by TimSaint

My mate once said that his missus was trying to show an interest in football, so that weekend, whilst he was watching the game, she came in and asked

Wife: What's the score.....

Mate: nil - nil

Wife: Who to ?

“It’s only a game...”

Bilic sacked by West Brom tomorrow on 18:14 - Dec 16 with 1086 viewskernow

As toffee said once, " they've punched the BFS klaxon".
Fortunately, if covid restrictions continue, their fans won't be having to endure watching them.

Tough on Slaven Bilic, decent man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024