Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Swansea City all-time tier list 08:22 - Dec 21 with 2134 viewsJesusJack

I've recently become obsessed with tier lists. I love a tier list. You should too. (Who doesn't love tiers right now?) So I thought about compiling an all-time Swans player tier list to determine who is at the top and who is a flop.

For those of you who don't know how a tier list works - firstly, where have you been? - it's simple. Each player is put into a tier that best reflects their contribution to the Swans in their time at the Vetch/Liberty. From the middle of the road in 'BANG AVERAGE' ; 'HEAD SLAPPER' for the worst players to pull on a white shirt and 'YOU JACK BASTARD' being reserved for the best of the best.

Each round I will put forward 4 players; 1 goalkeeper; 1 defender; 1 midfielder; and 1 forward, all from different eras of the Swans history (might be tricky for younger viewers) for you to rank, discuss, debate and (presumably) argue over. General consensus will determine where each player will be placed in the tier list with any contentious decisions to be decided by me (because it's my ball and if I don't play, nobody gets to play.)

I have compiled a list of Swans players from available online sources to include as many as possible and will select players at (sort of) random, so be patient if you're waiting for your favorite (or pet hate) to pop up. Feel free to suggest player(s) to feature in the next round (if we get that far) and I will try to get them in or add them to the list if I've missed them off.

Yes, I attempted this on the other site but I got 1 good response, 1 response from someone who clearly didn't understand the concept and 1 asking questions about semantics, so hopefully more luck of a fun discussion on here...

The tiers are as follows:
1. YOU JACK BASTARD - For the best of the best, club legends
2. First Team Player - played well but that's about it
3. Bang Average - they were just sort of there, nothing special, nothing disasterous
4. Who Are Ya? - if you have to squint at the name and try to remember
5. Head Slapper - for the absolute worst players to pull on a Swans shirt

The first candidates;
GK - Ryan Harrison
DEF - Reuben Agboola
MID - Pablo Hernandez
FWD - Lee Trundle

Go...

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

The Swansea City all-time tier list on 09:14 - Dec 21 with 2118 viewsCatullus

First, I love it, it's hard to seperate out into one all time best but a tier, great idea.

Now then, I have Trunds In "YJB" and surely there's no argument there. When we needed a star he was it. He put bums on seats and he put us on tv regulalrly, even if it was only showboating on Soccer AM! He scored goals and some of them were worldies and then there's the great entertainer

Pablo, this was harder, a great player, a string puller, someone I'd love to have back right now but narrowly missed, scraping the crossar into "FTP"

Agboola had been a good player but for his time with us I've said "bang average"

Ryan Harrison, this one was easy, if only because I just don;'t remember him at all, I looked him up to see when he played and I should remember him, if he was any good I would so he's in "Who are ya" Because I can't remember him I can't say he deserves a head slapper.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Swansea City all-time tier list on 09:38 - Dec 21 with 2104 viewsonehunglow

I'll join in although ,being a bit thick,I'm not sure I understand the format.It's like the Enigma code to me.However.

Harrison.Never heard of him. I'll just wait to place Fred the Statue where he belongs.

Pablo.A strolling sicknote who was so frail I felt football was not really a game he should pursue as a career. Yeah,I know. Unbelievably injury prone although very skilful and I was telling my wife how overated he was when he scored a screamer at the Lib. Ive no idea who it was against as I felt rather wan after that.

Reuben is simply too Jewish a name to feature for our team given we have so many Palestinian supporters (well you put his name forward)

Trundle. Without doubt ,our greatest personality and the most gifted and that includes Ivor. Lee however didnt make the most of his talent,which was a huge loss to football. I love the lad.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Swansea City all-time tier list on 09:59 - Dec 21 with 2097 viewsNeath_Jack

Ryan Harrison - Who Are Ya?
Reuben Agboola - Bang Average
Pablo Hernandez - More difficult, he would flit between YOU JACK BASTARD, and Head Slapper, sometimes in one half of a game. Posters on here will no doubt be swayed by what he went on to do with Leeds though. I'm going to settle on First Team Player.
Lee Trundle - YOU JACK BASTARD x2

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Swansea City all-time tier list on 10:15 - Dec 21 with 2083 viewsonehunglow

The Swansea City all-time tier list on 09:59 - Dec 21 by Neath_Jack

Ryan Harrison - Who Are Ya?
Reuben Agboola - Bang Average
Pablo Hernandez - More difficult, he would flit between YOU JACK BASTARD, and Head Slapper, sometimes in one half of a game. Posters on here will no doubt be swayed by what he went on to do with Leeds though. I'm going to settle on First Team Player.
Lee Trundle - YOU JACK BASTARD x2

Fair comment neathie.
Think Trundle is loved unanimously by our fan base and with good reason and with good reason.

Im sure he regrets not trying to get to Everton

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Swansea City all-time tier list on 11:22 - Dec 21 with 2071 viewsJesusJack

Re: Ryan Harrison, I had to double, triple and quadruple check that it wasn't a wikipedia vandalism as I don't remember him at all (Partly why I included him in the first round to see if anyone else did lol)

According to many sources, he did indeed play for us.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024