Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
wee jimmy krankie 08:15 - Dec 23 with 73910 viewsbritferry

I'm not a hypocrite, the English made me break my own rules, we demand another once in a lifetime vote

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

wee jimmy krankie on 23:32 - Mar 27 with 1404 viewsKilkennyjack

wee jimmy krankie on 17:48 - Mar 27 by johnlangy

ALBA are only contesting list seats.

In 2016 the SNP only ended up with 4 list seats from 950,000 votes because the PR rules excluded them in many areas because they had won so many constituency seats. Those rules meant that the Conservatives won 24 list seats with 520,000 votes and Labour won 21 list seats with 435,000 votes.

If we suppose for the sake of argument that those 950,000 SNP list votes are won by ALBA this time they will win a large number of the list seats currently held by the Conservatives and Labour hence the Super Majority slogan.

I don't imagine they'll ALL go to ALBA but if those SNP voters really want Independence they'll vote ALBA with their list vote whether they like Salmond or not.

So if the SNP win just the 59 constituency seats as last time and ALBA win say 20 list seats. Then add the Greens 6 you'll have 85 pro Indy MSP's out of a 129 seat parliament.

Great post John.

Beware of the Risen People

wee jimmy krankie on 23:33 - Mar 27 with 1401 viewsKilkennyjack

wee jimmy krankie on 18:25 - Mar 27 by Boundy

Not everyone. I don't think its reached puberty yet .

At least i am not a pissy pants pensioner like you.

The 1970s wee great though, yeah ?
Much better then ...... 😂😂

wee jimmy krankie on 08:29 - Mar 28 with 1369 viewsfelixstowe_jack

wee jimmy krankie on 23:32 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

Great post John.

Trouble is no way can niclola and sturgeon work together as they hate each other.

And of course only the UK government can authorise a legally binding meaningfully referendum.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

wee jimmy krankie on 09:12 - Mar 28 with 1361 viewsBoundy

wee jimmy krankie on 23:33 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

At least i am not a pissy pants pensioner like you.

The 1970s wee great though, yeah ?
Much better then ...... 😂😂

Honestly I'm devastated ! that's the sort of response I'd expect from a child posing as an adult .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

wee jimmy krankie on 13:18 - Mar 28 with 1325 viewsKilkennyjack

wee jimmy krankie on 09:12 - Mar 28 by Boundy

Honestly I'm devastated ! that's the sort of response I'd expect from a child posing as an adult .

Well you started it old fella 👍

wee jimmy krankie on 13:41 - Mar 28 with 1310 viewsBoundy

wee jimmy krankie on 13:18 - Mar 28 by Kilkennyjack

Well you started it old fella 👍

I believe you're wrong , again, you picked up on my approximate age when I posted about events occurring in the 70's and you seemed to latch onto it. You seem worried that someone has different perspective on life or can relate to events which you've only read about in books ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

wee jimmy krankie on 16:11 - Mar 28 with 1295 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 09:12 - Mar 28 by Boundy

I have a 12 year old son who could do better BUT he's more mature and wouldn't throw the insult out there at a complete stranger.

I think maybe it's time....

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

wee jimmy krankie on 16:35 - Mar 28 with 1284 viewsraynor94

wee jimmy krankie on 16:11 - Mar 28 by Catullus

I have a 12 year old son who could do better BUT he's more mature and wouldn't throw the insult out there at a complete stranger.

I think maybe it's time....

Long overdue

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

wee jimmy krankie on 17:09 - Mar 28 with 1267 viewstrampie

wee jimmy krankie on 19:37 - Mar 27 by Catullus

William the Conqueror?

Napoleon?

Vichy France?

Macron?

The EU?

Welshman's hill

We invaded England combined with the French, we was 60 miles into England at one point but the English were afraid to fight, we was on one hill and they were on another, the French eventually went home the English decided we were too hard for them and just starve us out, every night we would sing what became tribal football songs centuries later, we would sing at them "your supposed to be at home" and of course "boring boring England".

The French still have Glyndwrs letter in a museum and won't give it back with us offering to back the French Pope and not the Italian variety (the English were backing the other pope, funny how we often take the other side to them, lol), if they come over to help us duff the barbaric Saxons up (I think that was the word Glyndwr used to describe our friends from the other side of the dyke), as we were greatly outnumbered population wise and the French were always having trouble with Germanic types it made sense, but it was too cold and wet for the frogs and English would not fight so they went home and left us to fight the English on our own, the English army still would not have it and refused to allow us the high ground preferring to wait for us to go home which happened, us Welsh helped France in two World wars, if they don't give Glyndwrs letter back the next time the Germanic tribes come calling the French can go and whistle as far as I'm concerned.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

wee jimmy krankie on 20:33 - Mar 28 with 1231 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 17:09 - Mar 28 by trampie

Welshman's hill

We invaded England combined with the French, we was 60 miles into England at one point but the English were afraid to fight, we was on one hill and they were on another, the French eventually went home the English decided we were too hard for them and just starve us out, every night we would sing what became tribal football songs centuries later, we would sing at them "your supposed to be at home" and of course "boring boring England".

The French still have Glyndwrs letter in a museum and won't give it back with us offering to back the French Pope and not the Italian variety (the English were backing the other pope, funny how we often take the other side to them, lol), if they come over to help us duff the barbaric Saxons up (I think that was the word Glyndwr used to describe our friends from the other side of the dyke), as we were greatly outnumbered population wise and the French were always having trouble with Germanic types it made sense, but it was too cold and wet for the frogs and English would not fight so they went home and left us to fight the English on our own, the English army still would not have it and refused to allow us the high ground preferring to wait for us to go home which happened, us Welsh helped France in two World wars, if they don't give Glyndwrs letter back the next time the Germanic tribes come calling the French can go and whistle as far as I'm concerned.

You do know who the Franks were?

You must also mean the battle of Woodbury hill but it's not quite as you describe it,

http://hwiccianarchaeology.com/the-battle-of-woodbury-hill/

The English weren't afraid to fight at all.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

wee jimmy krankie on 21:05 - Mar 28 with 1213 viewstrampie

Oh according to wiki it was "the barbarous Saxons", not barbaric as I thought.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

wee jimmy krankie on 21:33 - Mar 28 with 1198 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 21:05 - Mar 28 by trampie

Oh according to wiki it was "the barbarous Saxons", not barbaric as I thought.

That's pretty much the same thing. Now Woodbury Hill, will you accept the story isn't as you described it?

wee jimmy krankie on 21:40 - Mar 28 with 1188 viewstrampie

wee jimmy krankie on 21:33 - Mar 28 by Catullus

That's pretty much the same thing. Now Woodbury Hill, will you accept the story isn't as you described it?

What do you mean ?, I've read a few accounts from different sources, I bet you have never heard of it until I said about it and I said about it because you did not know of a Wales connection to France, I have pulled you up loads of times on points of order.

wee jimmy krankie on 12:08 - Mar 29 with 1131 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 21:40 - Mar 28 by trampie

What do you mean ?, I've read a few accounts from different sources, I bet you have never heard of it until I said about it and I said about it because you did not know of a Wales connection to France, I have pulled you up loads of times on points of order.

Points of order...no you haven't. Where have I said Wales has NO connection with France. I knew about Woodbury Hill because I watch history programmes. I knew about the French landing at Tenby. I watched this,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00mlrq9

and this,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qgnk/wales-and-the-history-of-the-worl

You can read what accounts you like but it's generally accepted that the English just sat and waited and Glyndwr decided to go home because he could see the English army getting stronger and stronger and had already lost allies. The French had lost many of their warhorses.
Historians have different points of view too and where Glyndwr is concerned accounts are going to have bias depending whether written by English or Welsh, or someone outside the two.
Scotland has a stronger connection to France,
https://www.scotland.org/events/lorient-celtic-festival/scottish-french-connecti

Apart from a roughly 250 year period (1160's on) Wales hasn't had that much of a connection compared to Scotland.

Now what else do you claim to have pulled me up on?

wee jimmy krankie on 13:15 - Mar 29 with 1117 viewstrampie

wee jimmy krankie on 12:08 - Mar 29 by Catullus

Points of order...no you haven't. Where have I said Wales has NO connection with France. I knew about Woodbury Hill because I watch history programmes. I knew about the French landing at Tenby. I watched this,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00mlrq9

and this,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qgnk/wales-and-the-history-of-the-worl

You can read what accounts you like but it's generally accepted that the English just sat and waited and Glyndwr decided to go home because he could see the English army getting stronger and stronger and had already lost allies. The French had lost many of their warhorses.
Historians have different points of view too and where Glyndwr is concerned accounts are going to have bias depending whether written by English or Welsh, or someone outside the two.
Scotland has a stronger connection to France,
https://www.scotland.org/events/lorient-celtic-festival/scottish-french-connecti

Apart from a roughly 250 year period (1160's on) Wales hasn't had that much of a connection compared to Scotland.

Now what else do you claim to have pulled me up on?

Oh they sat and waited did they, "your supposed to be at home", "boring, boring England", changed your tune now I see.

wee jimmy krankie on 14:21 - Mar 29 with 1097 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 13:15 - Mar 29 by trampie

Oh they sat and waited did they, "your supposed to be at home", "boring, boring England", changed your tune now I see.

Pretty poor effort that.

How have I changed my tune?

You need to get on a boat with Robson Green, you'd have more success.

wee jimmy krankie on 14:22 - Mar 29 with 1091 viewstrampie

Never heard of him.

wee jimmy krankie on 14:40 - Mar 29 with 1079 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 14:22 - Mar 29 by trampie

Never heard of him.

Ok, how have I changed my tune then?

wee jimmy krankie on 15:03 - Mar 29 with 1063 viewsonehunglow

Anyone not hearing of Robson Green must be living under a stone in a dark valley of death.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

wee jimmy krankie on 19:24 - Mar 29 with 1010 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 15:03 - Mar 29 by onehunglow

Anyone not hearing of Robson Green must be living under a stone in a dark valley of death.

Trampie seems to have retreated under that stone. Doesn't want to answer my question and can't provide any evidence to dispute what I said and could only post that childish answer.

I'm sure if he looked hard enough he could find some evidence I am wrong. It shouldn't be that hard, I am often wrong!

wee jimmy krankie on 19:56 - Mar 29 with 996 viewstrampie

You disputed what I said, then you back it up what I said, lol.

English not afraid to fight you say, is there some other phrase for it then ?

wee jimmy krankie on 20:19 - Mar 29 with 990 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 19:56 - Mar 29 by trampie

You disputed what I said, then you back it up what I said, lol.

English not afraid to fight you say, is there some other phrase for it then ?

I didn't back up what you said. The English didn't retreat, Glyndwr did. The English waited for more troops to arrive, that's not refusing to fight. If the English were so weak kneed why didn't Glyndwr attack them? Maybe because he had more sense and knew he'd lose.

Still you haven't answered the question. How did I change my tune, come on it's not really that hard.

wee jimmy krankie on 20:32 - Mar 29 with 981 viewstrampie

wee jimmy krankie on 20:19 - Mar 29 by Catullus

I didn't back up what you said. The English didn't retreat, Glyndwr did. The English waited for more troops to arrive, that's not refusing to fight. If the English were so weak kneed why didn't Glyndwr attack them? Maybe because he had more sense and knew he'd lose.

Still you haven't answered the question. How did I change my tune, come on it's not really that hard.

The English did not fight, an invading army was 60 miles into their territory and they would not engage, they did not want to give the Welsh the advantage of the high ground, Wales being a small country do not have the numbers to colonise land gains, the Welsh wanted to weaken them by giving them a kicking, if they did not like their king then beat their army and try and force regime change to someone more sympathetic, the onus was on the English but as the old songs go "boring boring England" and "your supposed to be at home".

You put up links backing what I said after saying things did not happen like that.

wee jimmy krankie on 08:46 - Mar 30 with 931 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 20:32 - Mar 29 by trampie

The English did not fight, an invading army was 60 miles into their territory and they would not engage, they did not want to give the Welsh the advantage of the high ground, Wales being a small country do not have the numbers to colonise land gains, the Welsh wanted to weaken them by giving them a kicking, if they did not like their king then beat their army and try and force regime change to someone more sympathetic, the onus was on the English but as the old songs go "boring boring England" and "your supposed to be at home".

You put up links backing what I said after saying things did not happen like that.

You're just talking nonsense again, takem from the link I put up,

As for the king’s position his was a waiting game. The longer he stood firm the more his levies would assemble. Henry’s forces located either side of the gorge at Abberley, (the passageway to Wales) and ranks of soldiers bivouacked eastward behind Witley Castle less was the likelihood of Owain breaking out.

Monstrelet’s account relates:

‘Each party drew in order of battle on two eminences, having a valley between them, and each waiting for the attack of its opponent. This contest, who should commence the battle, lasted for eight days; and they were regularly every morning drawn up in battle array, and remained in this state until evening, during which time there were many skirmishes between the two parties, when upwards of 200 of either side were slain, and more wounded. On the side of France three knights were slain, namely Sir Patrouillart de Trie, brother to the marshal of France, the Sieur de Martelonne, and the Sieur de la Valle.’

The account shows that both sides drew up in battle lines but neither was willing to start a pitched battle. No doubt the hotheads in the French ranks spoiling for a fight engaged in exploits of their own. The flat area opposite the present day Hundred House at the foot of Woodbury Hill was most probably the arena where most of the clashes took place. There is a local legend that many of the French dead were buried in the churchyard of the ancient church at Abberley.

With the situations as they were neither side could gain the advantage. Owain could go no further, and King Henry did not have enough troops to defeat his enemy.

Monstrelet further relates:

‘The French and Welsh were also oppressed by famine, and other inconveniences, for only with great difficulty could they obtain any provisions, as the English had strongly guarded all passes. At length, on the eighth day that the two armies had been looking at each other, the King of England, seeing the enemy were not afraid of him, retreated to Worcester, but was pursued by some French and Welsh, who seized on 18 carts laden with provision, and other baggage, upon which the French and Welsh marched back to Wales.’

The last part of his account was pure propaganda in the face of defeat. It is known that many of the reinforcements and provisions meant for Owain were intercepted by the English, and many of the stragglers cut off by the flooded river Teme and drowned. The situation in Owains camp was desperate to the extreme. Men fought over scraps of meat. Owain seeing his situation as hopeless cut his losses, gathered his multitude, and slipped away at night back to Wales. The French forces embarked for France in October.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That totally refutes what you said. It says The English waited for more troops to arrive and then later on that Glyndwr realised his situation was hopeless so cut his losses and retreated.
You post disingenuous propaganda, you don't provide evidence then all you have is childish retorts.
Your claim about refusing to fight is nonsense, Henry IV waited for more troops to overcome a tactical disadvantage, Glyndwr, short on supplies, realsing he couldn't win, retreated.
Wouldn't you say retreating is refusing to fight? If the English had retreated you'd have said they were running away.

wee jimmy krankie on 08:50 - Mar 30 with 930 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Not sure what all this has to do with Nicola and her trouble with the alba party . Two SNP MPs have joined alba .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024