Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
wee jimmy krankie 08:15 - Dec 23 with 71102 viewsbritferry

I'm not a hypocrite, the English made me break my own rules, we demand another once in a lifetime vote

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

wee jimmy krankie on 17:20 - Nov 28 with 2202 viewsKilkennyjack

wee jimmy krankie on 14:04 - Nov 27 by felixstowe_jack

Totally voluntary Union which the majority in both Wales and Scotland acknowledge and the Supreme Court confirmed.

Please try to keep up.

The court just interpreted the existing law.
Nothing more.

The court does not take sides, or even comment on the fairness.

It simply confirmed the indyref2 need uk govt approval for a vote.
Very helpful.

As that will not happen with a post Brexit UK yoon government then Nicola will use the GE as a mandate.

60 plus counties left the British Empire without Indyrefs - so nothing unusual.
Importantly its the people of Scotland who will decide.

No man can block the march of a nation. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇪🇺

Beware of the Risen People

wee jimmy krankie on 17:45 - Nov 28 with 2192 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 17:20 - Nov 28 by Kilkennyjack

Please try to keep up.

Nothing more.

Very helpful.

As that will not happen with a post Brexit UK yoon government then Nicola will use the GE as a mandate.

You were told many times this would be the result, but still you argued the point. Well now you've been proven very wrong by the court.

The GE cannot legally be considered a mandate for an indy vote, they will still need Westminsters approval first, do try to understand that, I know it's hard for you, but try.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

wee jimmy krankie on 19:27 - Nov 28 with 2140 viewsunion_jack

wee jimmy krankie on 17:45 - Nov 28 by Catullus

You were told many times this would be the result, but still you argued the point. Well now you've been proven very wrong by the court.

The GE cannot legally be considered a mandate for an indy vote, they will still need Westminsters approval first, do try to understand that, I know it's hard for you, but try.

It’s like banging your head against a brick wall

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

wee jimmy krankie on 13:26 - Nov 29 with 1947 viewsfelixstowe_jack

wee jimmy krankie on 17:20 - Nov 28 by Kilkennyjack

Please try to keep up.

Nothing more.

Very helpful.

You seem unable to grasp the point that Scotland is a voluntary part of the United Kingdom and has never been part of the Empire.

You also seem intent on ignoring the democratic wishes of 56% of the population who live in Scotland who wish to remain as part of the UK.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

wee jimmy krankie on 10:19 - Dec 1 with 1748 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see Jk Rowling offer a crate of her favourite tipple to a protester who heckled Nicola over her new laws in Scotland to allow Scots to decide thier own gender.

She says Nicola had forrmented a culture that tells women they are bigoted if they stand up for women's rights.

wee jimmy krankie on 13:28 - Dec 2 with 1686 viewsfelixstowe_jack

wee jimmy krankie on 10:19 - Dec 1 by felixstowe_jack

Good to see Jk Rowling offer a crate of her favourite tipple to a protester who heckled Nicola over her new laws in Scotland to allow Scots to decide thier own gender.

She says Nicola had forrmented a culture that tells women they are bigoted if they stand up for women's rights.

The SNP leader in Westminster has resigned at least he realise the SNP cannot keep going on about a single issue while every public service in Scotland crumbles.

wee jimmy krankie on 16:55 - Dec 4 with 1490 viewsTogg

wee jimmy krankie on 13:28 - Dec 2 by felixstowe_jack

The SNP leader in Westminster has resigned at least he realise the SNP cannot keep going on about a single issue while every public service in Scotland crumbles.

She definitely can't have her 'cake and eat it'.
German ambassador says independent Scotland WOULD have to adopt euro https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11500323/New-blow-Sturgeon-German-ambas
wee jimmy krankie on 17:05 - Dec 4 with 1462 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 16:55 - Dec 4 by Togg

German ambassador says independent Scotland WOULD have to adopt euro https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11500323/New-blow-Sturgeon-German-ambas

The realities of a new EU membership application have oft been pointed out but the blinkered, one eyed amongst us refuse to believe these things because they simply do not want to.

If Wales went indy we'd have no UK and no EU, we'd be on our own for at least one decade and maybe 2. Even then, if we ddn't meet the Copenhagen criteria it could drag on much longer or we could be refused.
Some people seem to think us and Scotland could leave the Uk and be gathered up into the EU club the very next day. The EU cannot afford and doesn't want more members who cannot pay their way and want bailing out. An indy Wales, even if we accept the latest offering from JLangy would see us needing over 2 billion to break even and the EU gave us less than a third of that every year. We'd be about 1.5 billion short and where would those cuts come from, not in the Senedd I'd bet.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

wee jimmy krankie on 17:57 - Dec 4 with 1454 viewsjohnlangy

wee jimmy krankie on 17:05 - Dec 4 by Catullus

The realities of a new EU membership application have oft been pointed out but the blinkered, one eyed amongst us refuse to believe these things because they simply do not want to.

If Wales went indy we'd have no UK and no EU, we'd be on our own for at least one decade and maybe 2. Even then, if we ddn't meet the Copenhagen criteria it could drag on much longer or we could be refused.
Some people seem to think us and Scotland could leave the Uk and be gathered up into the EU club the very next day. The EU cannot afford and doesn't want more members who cannot pay their way and want bailing out. An indy Wales, even if we accept the latest offering from JLangy would see us needing over 2 billion to break even and the EU gave us less than a third of that every year. We'd be about 1.5 billion short and where would those cuts come from, not in the Senedd I'd bet.

A very brief response Cat.

The £2.6 billion deficit Professor Doyle calculates we'd have as an Independent country is a 3.4 % deficit as a percentage of our GDP. (2019 numbers). The EU requires countries to have a deficit of no more than 3% in order to join. They also require countries within the EU to maintain that 3%.

Having said that many countries within the EU have run deficits above 3% at various times. And i'm not just talking about Greece here. Italy certainly have. Even France.

That's not me making any case to argue for an Indy Wales joining the EU, just offering a bit of extra detail.
wee jimmy krankie on 20:32 - Dec 4 with 1417 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 17:57 - Dec 4 by johnlangy

A very brief response Cat.

The £2.6 billion deficit Professor Doyle calculates we'd have as an Independent country is a 3.4 % deficit as a percentage of our GDP. (2019 numbers). The EU requires countries to have a deficit of no more than 3% in order to join. They also require countries within the EU to maintain that 3%.

Having said that many countries within the EU have run deficits above 3% at various times. And i'm not just talking about Greece here. Italy certainly have. Even France.

That's not me making any case to argue for an Indy Wales joining the EU, just offering a bit of extra detail.

Yes John and that's assuming the deficit is only 2.6 billion, in the current situation it's likely to be more too.

That's not the whole argument though, there is a lot more to the Copenhagen criteria and a membership application than maintaining no more than a 3% deficit.

Spain have run at higher too John but the EU have been clamping down on some countries and not others, they mullerd Greece, and Cyprus I think yet they let France get away with it. In recent times though they have been putting in stricter rules, they don't want more financially unstable countries and they would need us to prove we are stable before joining was considered. The EU is having it's own problems because of covid and Ukraine.
The whole world is having issues, whats going on here has many reasons and Brexit is a small part of the whole show.

wee jimmy krankie on 09:38 - Dec 5 with 1322 viewsjohnlangy

wee jimmy krankie on 20:32 - Dec 4 by Catullus

Yes John and that's assuming the deficit is only 2.6 billion, in the current situation it's likely to be more too.

That's not the whole argument though, there is a lot more to the Copenhagen criteria and a membership application than maintaining no more than a 3% deficit.

Spain have run at higher too John but the EU have been clamping down on some countries and not others, they mullerd Greece, and Cyprus I think yet they let France get away with it. In recent times though they have been putting in stricter rules, they don't want more financially unstable countries and they would need us to prove we are stable before joining was considered. The EU is having it's own problems because of covid and Ukraine.
The whole world is having issues, whats going on here has many reasons and Brexit is a small part of the whole show.

The first para, possibly.

The rest, no argument. Although the discussion about how 'small' the Brexit effect is could be interesting.
wee jimmy krankie on 10:09 - Dec 5 with 1314 viewsfelixstowe_jack

wee jimmy krankie on 09:38 - Dec 5 by johnlangy

The first para, possibly.

The rest, no argument. Although the discussion about how 'small' the Brexit effect is could be interesting.

Brexit effect is very small compared to global supply crisis, Global inflation, energy crisis. Every country in the EU is suffering from those.

wee jimmy krankie on 14:46 - Dec 15 with 1042 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Scottish budget speech has bern suspended in their Parliament. Apparently someone in the Scottish Government leaked details of their income tax rises to the BBC.

wee jimmy krankie on 19:08 - Dec 15 with 999 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 14:46 - Dec 15 by felixstowe_jack

The Scottish budget speech has bern suspended in their Parliament. Apparently someone in the Scottish Government leaked details of their income tax rises to the BBC.

I was surprised Drakers didn't increase income tax here. How do we pay for the essential services?

But then, he said we couldn't raise them with the way things are and so, he stilll gets to blame Westminster.

it's a reality of the situation, if we went indy, to make up the 2.6 billion assumed deficit we woud have to borrow, raise taxes or make cuts but possibly a combiantion of all three. if the deficit is anywhere near the 2019 figure of 19.4% then what do we do?

That 19.4% was the figure given by a Cardiff Uni study.

wee jimmy krankie on 22:08 - Dec 15 with 972 viewsKilkennyjack

wee jimmy krankie on 16:55 - Dec 4 by Togg

Great news.

wee jimmy krankie on 22:10 - Dec 15 with 971 viewsKilkennyjack

wee jimmy krankie on 10:09 - Dec 5 by felixstowe_jack

Brexit effect is very small compared to global supply crisis, Global inflation, energy crisis. Every country in the EU is suffering from those.

Brexit is double the negative impact of covid.

Wise the feck up mun.

wee jimmy krankie on 22:13 - Dec 15 with 970 viewsKilkennyjack

wee jimmy krankie on 13:26 - Nov 29 by felixstowe_jack

You seem unable to grasp the point that Scotland is a voluntary part of the United Kingdom and has never been part of the Empire.

You also seem intent on ignoring the democratic wishes of 56% of the population who live in Scotland who wish to remain as part of the UK.

Obviously Scotland was part of Empire.

Brexit has happened since the vote.
Scotland voted Remain.

wee jimmy krankie on 22:16 - Dec 15 with 968 viewsKilkennyjack

wee jimmy krankie on 19:08 - Dec 15 by Catullus

I was surprised Drakers didn't increase income tax here. How do we pay for the essential services?

But then, he said we couldn't raise them with the way things are and so, he stilll gets to blame Westminster.

it's a reality of the situation, if we went indy, to make up the 2.6 billion assumed deficit we woud have to borrow, raise taxes or make cuts but possibly a combiantion of all three. if the deficit is anywhere near the 2019 figure of 19.4% then what do we do?

That 19.4% was the figure given by a Cardiff Uni study.

Cymru cannot afford to stay in the Uk.

UK general government gross debt was £2,436.7 billion at the end of Quarter 2 (Apr to June) 2022, equivalent to 101.9% of gross domestic product (GDP).

wee jimmy krankie on 07:03 - Dec 16 with 946 viewsWhiterockin

wee jimmy krankie on 22:13 - Dec 15 by Kilkennyjack

Obviously Scotland was part of Empire.

Brexit has happened since the vote.
Scotland voted Remain.

Wales voted leave.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

wee jimmy krankie on 22:30 - Dec 16 with 793 viewsKilkennyjack

wee jimmy krankie on 07:03 - Dec 16 by Whiterockin

Wales voted leave.

An act of national self harm.
Embarrassing.

Why would anyone think a bunch of English toffs would do whats right for Cymru ?
They have all run away now its going belly up. Johnson is on the after dinner speaking circuit.9

Close vote, just takes a town the size of Llanelli voting against the way that the BbC wanted them to vote. Corbyn sold us down the river.

Control of borders - they cant even do that. Clueless.

wee jimmy krankie on 15:29 - Dec 17 with 643 viewsfelixstowe_jack

wee jimmy krankie on 22:30 - Dec 16 by Kilkennyjack

Embarrassing.

Why would anyone think a bunch of English toffs would do whats right for Cymru ?
They have all run away now its going belly up. Johnson is on the after dinner speaking circuit.9

Close vote, just takes a town the size of Llanelli voting against the way that the BbC wanted them to vote. Corbyn sold us down the river.

That is democracy for yo

Scotland voted to remain part of the UK by a sizable majority.
The UK voted to leave the EU by a smaller majority.
Wales vote for devolution by a tiny Majority.

Do you want to have these referendums every year until you get all three results the way would like or do you accept the democratic results all all three.

wee jimmy krankie on 15:50 - Dec 17 with 637 viewsCatullus

wee jimmy krankie on 22:30 - Dec 16 by Kilkennyjack

Embarrassing.

Wales voting Labour in every time in devolution is an act of national self harm but what choice do we have?

How many Welsh labour politico's sit in the Lords now? Hypocrites all.

The size of the win was much, much more than 27000 but it doesn't matter, it could have been 27 votes, the result is the result and you cannot use the soze of the win as an argument otherwise we will be re-running the devo vote too because that rsult was much, much closer.

No country can 100% control its borders, people even escape from North Korea.

This thing about Wales cannot afford to stay in the UK. Aeeing as we are subsidised by England then yes we can because the English are paying our bill, well the South East corner of it is anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024