Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Failing our kids again.......... 07:13 - Jan 13 with 2821 viewssaint22

.......and lining their cronies pockets
How much more incompetence is this government capable of...?

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/jan/12/what-am-i-supposed-to-make-wit
Failing our kids again.......... on 07:42 - Jan 13 with 1559 viewsMessysaints

They should never have changed it from the vouchers....... was only going to end up with kids being robbed of whats theirs
Failing our kids again.......... on 07:45 - Jan 13 with 1556 viewsButty101

Are you managing to feed your imaginary family?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Failing our kids again.......... on 07:59 - Jan 13 with 1548 viewsDellHero_Would

All of your UK based personnel on furlough until April pal?

Poll: Wearing a mask

Failing our kids again.......... on 08:55 - Jan 13 with 1510 viewssaint22

Failing our kids again.......... on 07:59 - Jan 13 by DellHero_Would

All of your UK based personnel on furlough until April pal?

My entire team are still working on full pay paying full taxes and have been throughout this crisis
Thanks for checking
Failing our kids again.......... on 09:23 - Jan 13 with 1496 viewsButty101

Failing our kids again.......... on 08:55 - Jan 13 by saint22

My entire team are still working on full pay paying full taxes and have been throughout this crisis
Thanks for checking

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Failing our kids again.......... on 15:20 - Jan 13 with 1385 viewsBazza

Do you really think anyone in government office got anywhere near physically checking the offered packages? More likely initiated by some lazy overpaid middle management civil servant or at worse someone similar getting a backhander.
Failing our kids again.......... on 15:33 - Jan 13 with 1376 viewsRon11

Failing our kids again.......... on 09:23 - Jan 13 by Butty101

Absolutely.
That is fu king hilarious
Failing our kids again.......... on 15:35 - Jan 13 with 1375 viewsRon11

Failing our kids again.......... on 08:55 - Jan 13 by saint22

Thanks for checking

FFS that is the funniest thing I've seen on here for weeks!
Login to get fewer ads

Failing our kids again.......... on 16:09 - Jan 13 with 1363 viewsHeisenberg

Failing our kids again.......... on 15:35 - Jan 13 by Ron11

FFS that is the funniest thing I've seen on here for weeks!

To be fair the Burger King near me still does drive through takeaways.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Failing our kids again.......... on 16:12 - Jan 13 with 1359 viewsPoirot

Parents failing their kids again...........
Failing our kids again.......... on 16:32 - Jan 13 with 1340 viewsJaySaint

Failing our kids again.......... on 16:12 - Jan 13 by Poirot

Parents failing their kids again...........

Absolutely

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Failing our kids again.......... on 16:38 - Jan 13 with 1327 viewsRon11

Failing our kids again.......... on 16:32 - Jan 13 by JaySaint

Absolutely

Hit the nail on the head.
Failing our kids again.......... on 17:17 - Jan 13 with 1303 views1885_SFC

We've got a nation of moaning, squinnying, f@cktards - unfortunately.

Old School is Cool

Failing our kids again.......... on 17:43 - Jan 13 with 1269 viewsdwayne_dibley

Failing our kids again.......... on 15:20 - Jan 13 by Bazza

Do you really think anyone in government office got anywhere near physically checking the offered packages? More likely initiated by some lazy overpaid middle management civil servant or at worse someone similar getting a backhander.

definitely smells of a backhander, pretty rife with these sort of supply contracts.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Failing our kids again.......... on 18:13 - Jan 13 with 1243 viewsHeisenberg

Failing our kids again.......... on 17:43 - Jan 13 by dwayne_dibley

definitely smells of a backhander, pretty rife with these sort of supply contracts.

If you want to see who has benefited from procurement backhanders then suggest you look at the facts. It’s not civil servants who have profited but Johnson and his chums mates who have raked it in.

As for blaming families for failing kids. It’s Dickensian. You clearly have no idea.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 18:14]

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Failing our kids again.......... on 18:30 - Jan 13 with 1219 viewsSaintsforeverj

Being that this arrangement is happening, they should be providing a decent meal. But to balance this, they get child benefit. What are they using it for then? My first thought is to feed the kids. If it meant no TV, no holidays, no mobile phone usage, I would feed the kids, every time. I suspect many have phones, tv's, PlayStation etc but can't afford to feed the kids. To me, it should be feed the kids first before all of that. But that's society today.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Failing our kids again.......... on 18:48 - Jan 13 with 1202 viewskentsouthampton

Absolutely

And they all own Mercedes cars, holiday in the Maldives and live in mansions.
Failing our kids again.......... on 18:59 - Jan 13 with 1190 viewsSaintsforeverj

Failing our kids again.......... on 18:48 - Jan 13 by kentsouthampton

And they all own Mercedes cars, holiday in the Maldives and live in mansions.

The point is, before paying for anything else, a parent's duty is to feed their kids. It would cost about 5 pounds to feed their kids for the week. They get child benefit, as I said, my first concern above anything else is to feed the kids. If they really can't afford 5 pounds, then I wod expect to see them sat in ampty House, no mobile phone, no PlayStation, no beers etc. Unfortunately, I suspect that in today's selfish world, feeding the kids comes about 3rd in the list of priorities.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 19:00]

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:01 - Jan 13 with 1184 viewssaint22

Failing our kids again.......... on 16:38 - Jan 13 by Ron11

Hit the nail on the head.

Oh don't get me wrong that sort are ten a penny and dont deserve it at all
Trouble is how do they get away with that and who governs it?
Failing our kids again.......... on 19:13 - Jan 13 with 1172 viewssolent_toffee

Absolutely

What an absolute lot of bollox.

Lazy tired old sweeping stereotyping from that fella. On what basis does he think parents who are struggling financially can afford Xbox’s? It’s laughable.

The lack of empathy towards people in this country at times is frightening.
Failing our kids again.......... on 19:15 - Jan 13 with 1167 viewssolent_toffee

Failing our kids again.......... on 18:59 - Jan 13 by Saintsforeverj

The point is, before paying for anything else, a parent's duty is to feed their kids. It would cost about 5 pounds to feed their kids for the week. They get child benefit, as I said, my first concern above anything else is to feed the kids. If they really can't afford 5 pounds, then I wod expect to see them sat in ampty House, no mobile phone, no PlayStation, no beers etc. Unfortunately, I suspect that in today's selfish world, feeding the kids comes about 3rd in the list of priorities.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 19:00]

£5 a week to feed a child? So what’s that about 80p a day? Sound.
Failing our kids again.......... on 19:29 - Jan 13 with 1150 viewsSaintsforeverj

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:15 - Jan 13 by solent_toffee

£5 a week to feed a child? So what’s that about 80p a day? Sound.

They could always use their child benefit or get rid of their mobile phone? I would for my kids. You know the point. So many kids have selfish parents (who are too busy having multiple partners, buying the latest mobile phone and computers for their kids to keep them quiet). Then they can't fed the kids. I. Know this as my wife works in this area. These people are bad with money in most instances (many gamble, smoke etc). They can't feed the kids but they can pay ofr other things. The state having to feed the nation's kids, tells us about the parents of today. As I said, if it meant feeding the kids, everything else would go, if it was me. The kids are the first priority. They are not the first priority in many families my wife works with and that's wrong.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 19:33]

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:37 - Jan 13 with 1123 viewssolent_toffee

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:29 - Jan 13 by Saintsforeverj

They could always use their child benefit or get rid of their mobile phone? I would for my kids. You know the point. So many kids have selfish parents (who are too busy having multiple partners, buying the latest mobile phone and computers for their kids to keep them quiet). Then they can't fed the kids. I. Know this as my wife works in this area. These people are bad with money in most instances (many gamble, smoke etc). They can't feed the kids but they can pay ofr other things. The state having to feed the nation's kids, tells us about the parents of today. As I said, if it meant feeding the kids, everything else would go, if it was me. The kids are the first priority. They are not the first priority in many families my wife works with and that's wrong.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 19:33]

These people? Again a massive sweeping statement literally pigeon holing hundreds of thousands, potentially millions of people. The myth perpetuated that those struggling financially have flat screens, Xbox’s s etc is laughable.

I’m not denying that there are feckless parents, there was when I was growing up thirty years ago, mates parents who spent all day in the boozer whilst their kids went without. It wasn’t the kids fault.

Child benefit is what, 21 quid a week, so about 80 quid a month. That wouldn’t even pay for the water bill.

People are struggling financially and it’s only going to get worse. People deserve compassion ans support, not judgement.
Failing our kids again.......... on 19:51 - Jan 13 with 1112 viewsSaintsforeverj

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:37 - Jan 13 by solent_toffee

These people? Again a massive sweeping statement literally pigeon holing hundreds of thousands, potentially millions of people. The myth perpetuated that those struggling financially have flat screens, Xbox’s s etc is laughable.

I’m not denying that there are feckless parents, there was when I was growing up thirty years ago, mates parents who spent all day in the boozer whilst their kids went without. It wasn’t the kids fault.

Child benefit is what, 21 quid a week, so about 80 quid a month. That wouldn’t even pay for the water bill.

People are struggling financially and it’s only going to get worse. People deserve compassion ans support, not judgement.

Compassion for the kids, might mean that we have to be careful what messages we send out. The state feeding the kids, may encourage further parents to think it isn't their responsibility and in my opinion, a parent should do whatever it takes to feed their own kids. The child benefit is there for the kids, not to pay the water bill. My parents struggled financial in the past too, and I lived on beans on toast for a period of time. It taught me how to be thankful, grateful and understood what responsibility meant.

I have compassion for some of these poor kids, who have parents who can't even feed them. In most cases they can, they just make bad choices.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 19:53]

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:57 - Jan 13 with 1100 viewssolent_toffee

Failing our kids again.......... on 19:51 - Jan 13 by Saintsforeverj

Compassion for the kids, might mean that we have to be careful what messages we send out. The state feeding the kids, may encourage further parents to think it isn't their responsibility and in my opinion, a parent should do whatever it takes to feed their own kids. The child benefit is there for the kids, not to pay the water bill. My parents struggled financial in the past too, and I lived on beans on toast for a period of time. It taught me how to be thankful, grateful and understood what responsibility meant.

I have compassion for some of these poor kids, who have parents who can't even feed them. In most cases they can, they just make bad choices.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 19:53]

The child benefit is there to pay for the welfare of the child, to feed, to clothe, to heat, to wash. That would include the water bill, the gas, the electric bill etc. All of which go up each year much higher than wages and benefits. Sometimes there just isn’t enough money to go around even for those who don’t have a feckless lifestyle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024