Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting.... 11:58 - Jan 15 with 710 viewsSonicBoom

I don't think we have actually given enough credit to our defensive improvement. I certainly haven't. I was so used to moaning about Vestergaard and Stephens.
We certainly seem to have turned it around amazingly...
Here's the preview for this weekend from the Guardian...

"Though Southampton laid some ghosts to rest in winning 2-1 at the King Power Stadium just over a year ago, it will be a while before they play Leicester without last season’s 0-9 shellacking cropping up. Their improvement since then is as obvious as it is remarkable, but their current defensive solidity is particularly astonishing. The last team to score more than once against Southampton in the league was Manchester United in November. The Saints have conceded just twice in their last five games — most recently in the 16th minute of their home game against Manchester City on 19 December, 344 minutes ago. No team has more than their eight clean sheets this season — one away from their entire tally from last season. Away from home they are surprisingly reliant on set pieces: they have scored six times from open play, and six times from restarts, including a penalty"
Interesting.... on 12:36 - Jan 15 with 663 viewssaint22

Indeed very true
Thankfully our defence hasn't suffered further injuries this weekend though the quicker Vest is back the better
Oh if only we had another CB to call upon like Salisu....
Interesting.... on 14:48 - Jan 15 with 608 viewsButty101

Interesting.... on 12:36 - Jan 15 by saint22

Indeed very true
Thankfully our defence hasn't suffered further injuries this weekend though the quicker Vest is back the better
Oh if only we had another CB to call upon like Salisu....

So who are you dropping to make way for another centre back?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Interesting.... on 15:40 - Jan 15 with 573 viewsdirk_doone

"No team has more than their eight clean sheets this season"

Yes, our defence should take a lot of credit for our success this season. I first realized how much it had improved when we beat Man City 1-0 at the end of last season in a real backs to the wall performance.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 15:40]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Interesting.... on 16:15 - Jan 15 with 534 viewssaint22

Interesting.... on 14:48 - Jan 15 by Butty101

So who are you dropping to make way for another centre back?

I am not dropping anyone dippy
merely stating that if we wanted another option we dont have one as the £12m we blew on the new CB has NOT played yet
Interesting.... on 18:01 - Jan 15 with 471 viewscynicalsaint

Interesting.... on 16:15 - Jan 15 by saint22

I am not dropping anyone dippy
merely stating that if we wanted another option we dont have one as the £12m we blew on the new CB has NOT played yet

Hasn't need to be played yet..?

Maybe keep your powder dry until you've seen him play or he's Forren'd out and we sell him at a loss.
Interesting.... on 19:52 - Jan 15 with 416 viewsTripleNiemi

Interesting.... on 18:01 - Jan 15 by cynicalsaint

Hasn't need to be played yet..?

Maybe keep your powder dry until you've seen him play or he's Forren'd out and we sell him at a loss.

Come on Cynical that's not the Saints way.....

Is it any wonder how well the team has performed with no fans at the ground.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024