Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sluggish & Dithering? part 2 . 07:54 - Jan 27 with 818 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Firstly thank you to all who posted to Part 1 -- it gave me a good laugh - thank you! If you are Hungarian - you could be offered the Russia’s Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine. Here from Reuters in Brussels - Hungary’s plans to import and possibly use Russia’s touted Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine raise safety concerns and could damage trust in potential shots, the European Commission said, opening a new front in the EU’s fraught relations with Budapest.
Another example of EU acting like a dictatorship. No doubt Hungary is concerned that - they wish to gain a vaccine against COVID-19 to give their people - and are not satisfied how the EU are being so Sluggish & Dithering? - As mentioned in 1 ..... The EU full council has a 3rd meeting on Friday to discuss the other 2 first meetings ?

As and when Scotland wishes to re-join their beloved EU - sorry, but I do not understand HOW they still want to use their Scottish Pound as their currency - as I understand that the EU HAS INDICATED that is possible ? .......... really?

When all new EU members who wish to join the bloc -- as all have agreed -- and is part of the joining agreement as of the signing of the Maastricht Treaty in 1992 are legally obliged to adopt the euro once they meet the criteria, since the terms of their accession treaties make the provisions on the euro binding on them.

Do you really think that ALL the other 27 will agree? As with all EU treaties ALL HAVE to agree ,,,,, and how long do you feel that agreement would take?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Sluggish & Dithering? part 2 . on 08:29 - Jan 27 with 780 viewsBerber

Interesting to see the EU Commission throwing its weight about against members when they so fervently claimed (ad nauseum) to be representing them in the Brexit negotiations. It's the snidey way they try to tear down the opinions of anyone who disagrees, like suggesting that the UK, whilst within their right to persue emergency approval of vaccines, were also being dangerously irresponsible, and their approach (dither and delay) was the right one, that annoy me.

However, they made contracts with Astra Zeneca, (who knew what they were getting into) so are quite entitled to expect delivery or redress.They made the deal with a global business, with global production facilities, and I am pretty sure that the contract didn't specify that the EU vaccines had to be produced within the EU. However, all multinationals should take note of the overbearing, authoritarian threats to impede free flow of goods and services from the EU territories. If they didn't account for underperformance in their contract, then they are dorks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024