Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland til I die 14:03 - Feb 1 with 1154 viewssolent_toffee

I’m a bit late to the whole Netflix thing, but have just started watching the first series of this.

Great insight into how football is and also a bit depressing with the amount of money that gets wasted on transfers of players who simply don’t give a toss. Sunderland spent around 350 million in the run up to their relegation and recouped about a third back.
Sunderland til I die on 14:39 - Feb 1 with 1098 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s a bloody fantastic programme.

The second series is utterly brilliant. The Chief Exec guy is very David Brent at times.....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Sunderland til I die on 14:47 - Feb 1 with 1088 viewsBerber

Ellis Short, the owner progressively got rid of of anyone with a football background from the support side in the club. He appointed Margaret Burn as CEO who was previously the company secretary and newly qualified lawyer and Niall Quinn left shortly afterwards (I think she was the board minute taker at the time). He thought he knew everything there was to know. Roy Keene was manager when Short bought the club and resigned within a few weeks because he refused to take weekly calls from Short who tried to tell him how to manage the team. Keene was far from a good manager, but better than the series of chaps Short and Burn subsequently brought in as the next saviour.

The series is a good watch though.
Sunderland til I die on 15:31 - Feb 1 with 1059 viewsMytchettSaint

It’s a very good series but also quite bewildering to see a football club being run so badly. The bit about the cryo chamber in the second series sums up everything that was wrong there.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Sunderland til I die on 16:03 - Feb 1 with 1026 viewsthissceptredsaint

Sounds very Rupert Lowe-esque
Sunderland til I die on 16:55 - Feb 1 with 977 viewskingslandstand1

"Class of 92" or something like that on Sky Sports was also good. Only a 3 parter about Gary Neville & Co and the work that goes in to the running of Salford and they're attempt at getting promotion to the Football League, and eventually doing so

Even daft things like hoping the kit turns up in time for the new season etc. Quite like Gary Neville on the back of that, and good to see Paul Scoles take the pi55 out of Phil Neville in one small piece
Sunderland til I die on 17:47 - Feb 1 with 947 viewsgeezershoong1

AKA 'How not to run a football club'.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Sunderland til I die on 18:01 - Feb 1 with 930 viewssolent_toffee

Sunderland til I die on 14:39 - Feb 1 by PatfromPoole

It’s a bloody fantastic programme.

The second series is utterly brilliant. The Chief Exec guy is very David Brent at times.....

I accidentally watched the first episode of the second series before going back to the beginning. The Brent character, the Eastleigh fella’s mate, got me hooked. An absolute arse, can’t to fast watch it.

Some of those players are horrific, as others have said shocking way to run a football club. Ironically fans up and down the country are watching SSN gagging for their clubs to buy some random players they’ve never heard of. Madness.
Sunderland til I die on 18:23 - Feb 1 with 912 viewsdirk_doone

I'll have to watch that, Toffee.

I was writing about Mike Dean on another thread, who, of course is the celeberity Tranmere Rovers fan (alhough he also seems to like Man United and Spurs), and I remember reading one of their messageboards, perhaps their only one, where they seem to think they have some sort of rivalry with Everton. What's that all about and does it mean Mike Dean isn't allowed to referee Everton games?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland til I die on 19:35 - Feb 1 with 871 viewssolent_toffee

Sunderland til I die on 18:23 - Feb 1 by dirk_doone

I'll have to watch that, Toffee.

I was writing about Mike Dean on another thread, who, of course is the celeberity Tranmere Rovers fan (alhough he also seems to like Man United and Spurs), and I remember reading one of their messageboards, perhaps their only one, where they seem to think they have some sort of rivalry with Everton. What's that all about and does it mean Mike Dean isn't allowed to referee Everton games?

Mike Dean has referred Everton a few times already this season and has been dreadful every time. His two sons are both season ticket holders at Liverpool so how he is allowed to ref their games and Everton I don’t know, but he does. More often than not he doesn’t give outrageous pens or sending offs against Everton like he did before VAR but he gives them nothing from start to finish.
Sunderland til I die on 20:08 - Feb 1 with 852 viewsdirk_doone

Sunderland til I die on 19:35 - Feb 1 by solent_toffee

Mike Dean has referred Everton a few times already this season and has been dreadful every time. His two sons are both season ticket holders at Liverpool so how he is allowed to ref their games and Everton I don’t know, but he does. More often than not he doesn’t give outrageous pens or sending offs against Everton like he did before VAR but he gives them nothing from start to finish.

It's really surprising Dean is allowed to referee your games. In fact, it's really surprising he's allowed to referee anybody's games.

One of his favourite tricks, apart from giving red cards for innocuous tackles, was awarding penalties for fouls outside the penalty area. In theory, VAR should top him doing that tomorrow night but with Lee Mason on VAR anything is possible.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 20:16]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Sunderland til I die on 21:12 - Feb 1 with 795 viewsMytchettSaint

Sunderland til I die on 19:35 - Feb 1 by solent_toffee

Have you seen the Everton/Howard Kendall one on Amazon prime yet? I’ve not seen it but being of that age where Everton were “THE” team in the mid 80’s I’m going to give it a go soon.

The Leeds United one on prime about their promotion and then championship success was pretty watchable as well.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024