Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean 19:41 - Feb 6 with 3800 views1951saint

Done it again sent wham's soucek off for violent conduct didn't do anything wrong
Dean on 00:29 - Feb 7 with 2634 viewsDorsetIan

And after he’d reviewed it!

He’s got a screw loose.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Dean on 08:41 - Feb 7 with 2574 viewsJaySaint

was Lee Mason on VAR? Please say he was, that would be amazing....

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Dean on 09:41 - Feb 7 with 2507 viewssaint22

Dean on 08:41 - Feb 7 by JaySaint

was Lee Mason on VAR? Please say he was, that would be amazing....

Yes
Astonishing not only that they are still officiating but together too!!
Dean on 11:03 - Feb 7 with 2461 viewskingslandstand1

Dean on 09:41 - Feb 7 by saint22

Yes
Astonishing not only that they are still officiating but together too!!

Mike Riley must be as much up his own arris as Dean and Mason to actually put them together again so soon after the recent bad press they both got, that he again couldn't give a sh1t about the game as they are all above the game
Dean on 11:23 - Feb 7 with 2439 viewsKennington

My view is if you know the name of the ref there’s an issue. They should be peripheral figures and no more. Things went wrong with ‘famous’ refs like Poll, Clattenburg etc. No one can name linesmen and refs should be in the same bracket.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Dean on 12:42 - Feb 7 with 2388 viewskingslandstand1

Dean on 11:23 - Feb 7 by Kennington

My view is if you know the name of the ref there’s an issue. They should be peripheral figures and no more. Things went wrong with ‘famous’ refs like Poll, Clattenburg etc. No one can name linesmen and refs should be in the same bracket.

Through work I got to know Rob Styles quite well and watched him work his way up through the ranks to be a Prem referee and got himself quite a "name"

He made the grade and although maybe not quite as bad as Dean, wasn't too well liked but packed up before he reached the dreaded Logan's Run (remember that film?) where he had to pack up age of 47 (ok, in the film it was 30 I think) so I asked him why he packed up. He said it was because of all the sh1t he was continually getting by actually applying the rules of the game but also maybe being at the front of controversial decisions. So maybe he was not as thick skinned as the likes of some of the refs now who maybe ought to look at themselves a bit
Dean on 15:02 - Feb 7 with 2311 viewsBerber

The decision was perversely disgraceful. Dean and the other idiot should be given a lengthy rest.
Dean on 16:18 - Feb 7 with 2273 viewskingslandstand1

Just seen this - wonder who our Nige is talking about

Login to get fewer ads

Dean on 22:21 - Feb 7 with 2145 viewshedgeend61

So Dean looks straight at the incident in real time and sees nothing.

After looking at the replay more than 20 times in 2 minutes, he sees something no one else can see, and makes a fool of himself again.

Mitrovic does himself and Dean no favours, the way he fell to the floor I thought Soucek had hit him with a house brick, not brushed him with his hand.
After the red card is shown the cheating Serb tells Dean it wasn't a sending off, why didn't he tell Dean thatt before he looked at the monitor instead of playing dead.

This should be 100% overturned on appeal, the only reason it may not, is that it will make Dean and Mason look inept (which they are) twice in a week,
which may have consequences
Dean on 10:53 - Feb 8 with 1979 viewskingslandstand1

Dean on 22:21 - Feb 7 by hedgeend61

So Dean looks straight at the incident in real time and sees nothing.

After looking at the replay more than 20 times in 2 minutes, he sees something no one else can see, and makes a fool of himself again.

Mitrovic does himself and Dean no favours, the way he fell to the floor I thought Soucek had hit him with a house brick, not brushed him with his hand.
After the red card is shown the cheating Serb tells Dean it wasn't a sending off, why didn't he tell Dean thatt before he looked at the monitor instead of playing dead.

This should be 100% overturned on appeal, the only reason it may not, is that it will make Dean and Mason look inept (which they are) twice in a week,
which may have consequences

And why is Mitrovic not done in some way for his reaction to a tickle. This is something that also needs looking at
Dean on 11:14 - Feb 8 with 1957 viewsPaleRider

Dean on 10:53 - Feb 8 by kingslandstand1

And why is Mitrovic not done in some way for his reaction to a tickle. This is something that also needs looking at

Absolutely agree with this. I can't understand why VAR and retrospective review of videos is not being used to stamp out cheating. maybe it's because no games would go ahead as there would be no players left :)
Dean on 11:15 - Feb 8 with 1955 viewsPaleRider

Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey says VAR is proving "farcical" but "you have to feel for our refs, who are close to exhaustion". let the closing of ranks begin!
Dean on 11:18 - Feb 8 with 1948 viewshedgeend61

Been Recinded

Wrong again Mike
Dean on 11:48 - Feb 8 with 1911 views1885_SFC

From the BBC website:

Premier League referee Mike Dean has notified police after his family received a number of threats, including death threats, and abusive messages in the wake of recent controversial decisions by the official.

Dean has received huge criticism for his decisions to red card Southampton defender Jan Bednarek and West Ham midfielder Tomas Soucek after VAR asked him to check incidents he had not initially seen on the pitch-side monitors

The Bednarek dismissal in Southampton’s 9-0 defeat at Manchester United was overturned and West Ham have appealed against Soucek’s red card for elbowing Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic in Saturday’s goalless draw at Craven Cottage.

Old School is Cool

Dean on 12:40 - Feb 8 with 1865 viewsSalisburySaint

Dean on 11:48 - Feb 8 by 1885_SFC

From the BBC website:

Premier League referee Mike Dean has notified police after his family received a number of threats, including death threats, and abusive messages in the wake of recent controversial decisions by the official.

Dean has received huge criticism for his decisions to red card Southampton defender Jan Bednarek and West Ham midfielder Tomas Soucek after VAR asked him to check incidents he had not initially seen on the pitch-side monitors

The Bednarek dismissal in Southampton’s 9-0 defeat at Manchester United was overturned and West Ham have appealed against Soucek’s red card for elbowing Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic in Saturday’s goalless draw at Craven Cottage.

This is all down to the FA, although Death Threats not acceptably in any way

if they were strong enough they would have taken action already for his ineptitude

Now he's getting the sympathy as a result of his incompetence and being seen as the victim

Mind you as he's from near Liverpool, always being the victim quite normal and appropriate up there !!!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 13:37]
Dean on 13:10 - Feb 8 with 1842 viewsSadoldgit

There truly are some disturbed people out there. His refereeing certainly needs to be questioned but when people start threatening his and his family’s lives things have gone way too far.
Dean on 13:14 - Feb 8 with 1835 viewsgeezershoong1

Dean on 13:10 - Feb 8 by Sadoldgit

There truly are some disturbed people out there. His refereeing certainly needs to be questioned but when people start threatening his and his family’s lives things have gone way too far.

My question would be how empty is your life if you are contacting referee's on social media..?

Social media is for morons.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Dean on 13:16 - Feb 8 with 1834 views1885_SFC

Dean on 13:14 - Feb 8 by geezershoong1

My question would be how empty is your life if you are contacting referee's on social media..?

Amen to that!

Old School is Cool

Dean on 13:28 - Feb 8 with 1823 views1885_SFC

Dean on 12:40 - Feb 8 by SalisburySaint

This is all down to the FA, although Death Threats not acceptably in any way

if they were strong enough they would have taken action already for his ineptitude

Now he's getting the sympathy as a result of his incompetence and being seen as the victim

Mind you as he's from near Liverpool, always being the victim quite normal and appropriate up there !!!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 13:37]

Now is the perfect time to take the hopeless goon out of the firing line & put him on gardening leave... permanently.

Old School is Cool

Dean on 14:16 - Feb 8 with 1786 viewspjt50

Some of the things I've read on here in the past week don't set a great example to be honest. I really don't believe that referees are inherently biased. Of course some are better than others & they make mistakes at work, as we all do. Their job isn't made any easier when players have such disregard for the game and their fellow professionals that they go out of their way to con the officials. Sadly they're getting better & better at it.

Anyone refereeing in non-league deserves a medal & their job isn't made any easier when there's an air of hostility towards referees in the public eye.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 14:17]

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Dean on 15:31 - Feb 8 with 1759 viewsdirk_doone

The new petition to have hm sacked is here:

https://www.change.org/p/the-fa-have-mike-dean-sacked-as-a-premier-league-ref?ut
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 15:33]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Dean on 15:47 - Feb 8 with 1744 views1885_SFC

Dean on 15:31 - Feb 8 by dirk_doone

The new petition to have hm sacked is here:

https://www.change.org/p/the-fa-have-mike-dean-sacked-as-a-premier-league-ref?ut
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 15:33]

Duly signed...

Old School is Cool

Dean on 16:21 - Feb 8 with 1727 viewsBerber

Dean on 11:15 - Feb 8 by PaleRider

Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey says VAR is proving "farcical" but "you have to feel for our refs, who are close to exhaustion". let the closing of ranks begin!

Exhausted? And the players who do a sight more hard running and training aren't? I know he is is getting on a bit, but that is grounds for retirement, not excuses.
Dean on 07:32 - Feb 9 with 1625 viewskernow

Dean on 13:14 - Feb 8 by geezershoong1

Hellooo ,.,.... fellow moron.
Dean on 10:17 - Feb 9 with 1559 viewsDorsetIan

Dean on 16:21 - Feb 8 by Berber

Exhausted? And the players who do a sight more hard running and training aren't? I know he is is getting on a bit, but that is grounds for retirement, not excuses.

And if he's talking about 'exhaustion' from all these VAR controversies, it would help if some of the referees came out and called some of the decisions as ridiculous from time to time and maybe put their own pressure on those in charge to sort the thing out.

Too many vested interests and 'yes men' still trying to defend indefensible decisions or passing the blame for the problems between the refs, the rules and the technology.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024