Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? 12:10 - Feb 12 with 1077 viewsTimSaint

So did all you other Season Ticket holders get your email this morning, asking if you would like your ST balance carried over or refunded ?

If so, which option will you go for and why ?

Obviously there is little knowing of when we will actually be allowed back in, which could potentially extend into next season - depending on Govt announcements and perhaps the reintroduction of a Tier system - so what will you do ?

Personally, I'm tempted to let them keep it for me towards next season, so it will be cheaper to renew in the summer. Obviously I intend to go as soon as we are allowed, so I will be renewing anyway, so them keeping it makes sense for me. I believe I have received 9 refunds to date - all of which I have transferred straight into my daughter's savings account.

TimSaint

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 12:49 - Feb 12 with 1055 viewsSaintNick

I would say leave the money in the pot, the club needs it at the moment for cash flow, from a monetary viewpoint with savings accounts paying 0.05% at the moment, £300 left in a savings account for 4 months till the renewal time would earn you the princely sum of 5p, so there is none of the better off in my bank than their bank rubbish usually spouted by those who were complaining about refunds

As you say you are intending to go, you are a supporters of the club, so its a case of support them in their hour of need and you never know if we get to the cup final there may be a very limited amount of fans allowed in and when Saints are trying to spread 10,000 tickets the top category may be season ticket holders that didnt ask for a refund

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 13:16 - Feb 12 with 1027 viewshedgeend61

Carry over to next season as budgeted for it at the start of the season, so shouldn't really be missing the money and cheaper for 21-22 season.
Plus better chance of tickets if/when we get going again.

Some supporters though may have lost jobs and be struggling financially, fully understand why they may ask for refund.
Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 13:47 - Feb 12 with 995 viewsBerber

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 13:16 - Feb 12 by hedgeend61

Carry over to next season as budgeted for it at the start of the season, so shouldn't really be missing the money and cheaper for 21-22 season.
Plus better chance of tickets if/when we get going again.

Some supporters though may have lost jobs and be struggling financially, fully understand why they may ask for refund.

Just carried over today.
Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 13:55 - Feb 12 with 987 viewssaints__fan__73

Given the club, by its own admission, is losing £3m per month and has just had to take an £80m loan just to keep paying the bills I would say any fan would be mad to leave their money in the grubby clutches and Gao and Liebherr.

If the company that currently owns Southampton Football club was to go into administration then you would lose it all.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 14:14 - Feb 12 with 964 viewsBerber

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 13:55 - Feb 12 by saints__fan__73

Given the club, by its own admission, is losing £3m per month and has just had to take an £80m loan just to keep paying the bills I would say any fan would be mad to leave their money in the grubby clutches and Gao and Liebherr.

If the company that currently owns Southampton Football club was to go into administration then you would lose it all.

Well, that is a valid approach, especially for those unprepared to be optimistic and or generous. If you are worried about the "grubby clutches of Gao and Leibner" best keep your money in your pocket and watch the games on TV for the forseeable future.

As for "and has just had to take an £80m loan" you are several months late with that one.

I think most fans are grown up enough to understand what they are doing.
Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 14:37 - Feb 12 with 946 viewsDorsetIan

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 14:14 - Feb 12 by Berber

Well, that is a valid approach, especially for those unprepared to be optimistic and or generous. If you are worried about the "grubby clutches of Gao and Leibner" best keep your money in your pocket and watch the games on TV for the forseeable future.

As for "and has just had to take an £80m loan" you are several months late with that one.

I think most fans are grown up enough to understand what they are doing.

I'm no fan of Gao, and have currently got 5 season tickets (4 of them jnrs) tied up with the club.

We're not going to go bust; I've already 'spent' it, so I am going to carry it over too.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 14:52 - Feb 12 with 933 viewsdwayne_dibley

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 13:55 - Feb 12 by saints__fan__73

Section 75

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 15:00 - Feb 12 with 926 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another reason to carry over, is that if everything opens up in April as expected, they might allow a few thousand fans back into stadiums. The season doesn't finish until the end of May, so every chance some fans will be allowed back and ST holders who have kept their ticket will be first in line. Here's hoping they allow a few thousand to travel to Wembley too.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 15:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 15:16 - Feb 12 with 907 viewsSalisburySaint

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 15:00 - Feb 12 by Saintsforeverj

Another reason to carry over, is that if everything opens up in April as expected, they might allow a few thousand fans back into stadiums. The season doesn't finish until the end of May, so every chance some fans will be allowed back and ST holders who have kept their ticket will be first in line. Here's hoping they allow a few thousand to travel to Wembley too.

I’ve carried over, as Nick says no interest to be gained by getting money back a makes next seasons ticket cheaper
Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 16:29 - Feb 12 with 858 viewskingslandstand1

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 15:00 - Feb 12 by Saintsforeverj

I'll carry over although hadn't thought about that reasoning SFJ, although I don't think the chances of it happening will be that high, but you never know and as I didn't get in to those few games where 2k got in I should be in with a chance of being drawn out of the hat

As the cash for games missed has come in it's gone in to the savings account that the next ST will come out of anyway so nothing to lose really

As for SF73's thoughts, well each to ones own I suppose but do you really think the club will go bust?
Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 17:05 - Feb 12 with 835 viewssaints__fan__73

Far better in your bank account than our corrupt owners.

Did you know that Gao was caught bribing a civil servant in China and only escaped prosecution as he grassed up the civil servant involved?

The Civil Servant was then executed by the state.

Nice guy is Gao...

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 17:33 - Feb 12 with 807 viewsSaintsforeverj

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 16:29 - Feb 12 by kingslandstand1

I'll carry over although hadn't thought about that reasoning SFJ, although I don't think the chances of it happening will be that high, but you never know and as I didn't get in to those few games where 2k got in I should be in with a chance of being drawn out of the hat

As the cash for games missed has come in it's gone in to the savings account that the next ST will come out of anyway so nothing to lose really

As for SF73's thoughts, well each to ones own I suppose but do you really think the club will go bust?

The club won't go bust whilst we are in the PL I wouldn't have thought and if it was that desperate we have players to sell, so no chance of going bust. And yeah, if as expected pubs and restaurants open early April, I can see a few thousand being able to attend the final few home games. If you have a refund and lose your ST, you wouldn't get a ticket. And of course one eye on us getting to the FA Cup final. Long shot maybe but by the 15th May, some fans might be allowed to attend and we will be first in line. Nonetheless, we get money off for next year, so definitely carrying over.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 17:52 - Feb 12 with 789 viewskingslandstand1

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 17:05 - Feb 12 by saints__fan__73

Did you know that Gao was caught bribing a civil servant in China and only escaped prosecution as he grassed up the civil servant involved?

Nice guy is Gao...

I'll take my chances
Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 09:46 - Feb 13 with 625 viewsBerber

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 17:05 - Feb 12 by saints__fan__73

Nice guy is Gao...

I'd say that is more down to the Chinese state than Gao. It is a corrupt system, and no big business will succeed there without a bit of lubrication and working your connections. There is no secret about that, only for the deals themselves. To be honest, if it was a choice between me getting topped, and revealing a corrupt official, I'd do the same as Gao. The official probably wasn't cutting his boss in on the deal and left himself exposed.
Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 10:32 - Feb 13 with 609 viewsSaintNick

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 09:46 - Feb 13 by Berber

I'd say that is more down to the Chinese state than Gao. It is a corrupt system, and no big business will succeed there without a bit of lubrication and working your connections. There is no secret about that, only for the deals themselves. To be honest, if it was a choice between me getting topped, and revealing a corrupt official, I'd do the same as Gao. The official probably wasn't cutting his boss in on the deal and left himself exposed.

I would take no notice of sf73, he clearly had a gripe with the club that will never be resolved, whoever owns the club he will find some reason why they are corrupt and accuse them of any heinous crime he can dream up.

There is always a lack of evidence offered to back up his claims.

Sadly these days the to own a football club these days you have to be very rich and to do that you have had to be ruthless at some point .

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 17:53 - Feb 13 with 551 viewssaints__fan__73

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 10:32 - Feb 13 by SaintNick

I would take no notice of sf73, he clearly had a gripe with the club that will never be resolved, whoever owns the club he will find some reason why they are corrupt and accuse them of any heinous crime he can dream up.

There is always a lack of evidence offered to back up his claims.

Sadly these days the to own a football club these days you have to be very rich and to do that you have had to be ruthless at some point .

Evidence?

Just some two Bob website.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/45571/

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 18:01 - Feb 13 with 538 viewsDellHero_Would

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 17:53 - Feb 13 by saints__fan__73

Evidence?

Just some two Bob website.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/45571/

I'd poke her after few beers mush!

Poll: Wearing a mask

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 18:23 - Feb 13 with 512 viewsdwayne_dibley

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 18:01 - Feb 13 by DellHero_Would

I'd poke her after few beers mush!

where?

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 18:32 - Feb 13 with 500 viewsDellHero_Would

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 18:23 - Feb 13 by dwayne_dibley

where?

The old centre circle at the Dell. I come quicker thinking of all the great goals scored on that bit of turf, walk away and have a beer in the Winston.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 19:23 - Feb 13 with 457 viewsdwayne_dibley

Season Ticket - Balance Carry Over or Refund ? on 18:32 - Feb 13 by DellHero_Would

The old centre circle at the Dell. I come quicker thinking of all the great goals scored on that bit of turf, walk away and have a beer in the Winston.

class

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024