Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. 12:07 - Feb 24 with 1235 viewsstmichael

Watch Ings goal at Arsenal from a quickly taken free kick. Wait for the whistle????
Goals change games and once again we are shafted by the worst referees in Europe.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Df4W2J

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 12:28 - Feb 24 with 1203 viewsSadoldgit

If he said to JWP wait for the whistle the kick was taken before he blew it. Although we have been on the end of some dreadful decisions I don’t think we can complain about the 2 last night.
No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 12:37 - Feb 24 with 1189 viewsstmichael

There is no need to wait for the whistle. If he asked us to do that then he is in the wrong. There are rules in place re moving ball ,taken from the wrong spot etc to penalise teams who abuse taking it quickly but it is our free kick , our advantage and our right to try and seek an advantage by catching the opponent out.
The referee in the Ings case was alive and alert as were we.
Unless the ref is doing his laces up or booking someone why wait for a whistle?

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 12:47 - Feb 24 with 1166 viewsSadoldgit

No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 12:37 - Feb 24 by stmichael

There is no need to wait for the whistle. If he asked us to do that then he is in the wrong. There are rules in place re moving ball ,taken from the wrong spot etc to penalise teams who abuse taking it quickly but it is our free kick , our advantage and our right to try and seek an advantage by catching the opponent out.

Because he said so and he is the referee. He has to be ready and in position and he clearly wasn’t looking at the play when the kick was taken.
No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 12:59 - Feb 24 with 1146 viewsIngskneeslide

No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 12:47 - Feb 24 by Sadoldgit

Because he said so and he is the referee. He has to be ready and in position and he clearly wasn’t looking at the play when the kick was taken.

You're right but I think the bigger frustration for Saints fans at the moment is although both of the big decisions probably were correct we've also seen other teams get the opposite decision.
No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 13:40 - Feb 24 with 1106 viewsSadoldgit

No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 12:59 - Feb 24 by Ingskneeslide

You're right but I think the bigger frustration for Saints fans at the moment is although both of the big decisions probably were correct we've also seen other teams get the opposite decision.

Indeed. When VAR first came in we benefitted from a number of decisions whilst other clubs were kicking off that decisions were wrongly going against them. In recent weeks it has gone against us. The whole point about VAR is to give us better decisions so I am not going to complain when a correct call is made, as with the penalty last night. We just need more consistency and more correct calls.
No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 17:03 - Feb 24 with 1006 viewskingslandstand1

No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 12:37 - Feb 24 by stmichael

Sorry StM, I hadn't read your post when replying as above, but that was also my thoughts
No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 17:40 - Feb 24 with 973 viewsgrumpy

Sadly I think VAR/Referee decisions are getting to the team and(I know it shouldn't)their heads go down because they are so used to it now,
No question Adams goal should have been allowed last night.. on 19:35 - Feb 27 with 682 viewsFrontwheeler

Can you explain why we were not given the retake as it was taken too quickly?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024