Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 17:08 - Mar 13 with 18719 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another trip down to John Bond’s old house on the coast, Harry loves it there as does Ted Macdougall who may or not be dead.

Bournemouth v Swansea City
Deans in Court
Tuesday March 16th 2021
Kick Off 7.45pm

Match Officials
JAMES LININGTON
Daniel Leach and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Keith Stroud

James Linington, ah the chap from 2009 who reduced the swans to seven players in a carling cup tie. That was a long time ago, he insisted swans player Besian ( RIP) although badly injured stand on the pitch so he could finish the game without having to call it off.

Linington being silly in 2009

This game will be televised LIVE by the evil SKY TV

The swans haven’t won in eight games against Bournemouth, the last time was a 4-1 away win in 2007. A 1-0 win at Luton on Saturday for the swans and a 3-2 home loss for Bournemouth against Barnsley are the most recent results. Bournemouth will be desperate to win this game as much as the swans.

Swans stats v AFC Bournemouth
Games won: 23
Games drawn: 13
Games lost: 24

Ted Macdougall update : Alive and well

Things to do in Bournemouth
Hengistbury Head
Getting to the top of the head at Hengitsbury is possible, that’s if you make the long journey to the game to listen to it on the wireless in the club car park. This unspoilt Covid free area of the town is sandy and has water. It also has a visitor centre where you can visit. The visitor centre is a great day out. As is the nature reserve. However we’ve just done some research and it’s all closed, so no head opening in Hengitsbury. Sorry.

Hengitsbury Head before it caught Covid

Bournemouth latest news
From Jonathan Woodgate on Adam Smith
"He's going for a scan today," said the head coach. "He won't be fit for tomorrow or the weekend so we'll see how he is after that. Hopefully we'll get a prognosis off the medical team. Smith was replaced by Jack Stacey against the Tykes, with Woodgate pleased to have such an able player to come in for him down the right flank "We've got two really good right-backs at the club," he said. "When Jack played against Burnley in my second game in charge, I thought he was very good, so we have him. We're gutted that Smudge isn't available but now it's an opportunity for Jack to come in and play."

Adam Smith having a limp on Saturday

Swans latest news
Marc Guehi is set to miss out for the Swans with the groin injury he suffered against Blackburn, with Joel Latibeaudiere impressing in his absence at Luton. Paul Arriola is fighting to return from a thigh injury, while Wayne Routledge and Brandon Cooper have recently returned from injury. Liam Cullen, Steven Benda, Jordan Morris and Tivonge Rushesha are all sidelined for the longer-term.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54530

Bournemouth: Asmir Begovic, Steve Cook (captain), Jefferson Lerna, Dominic Solanke, Arnaut Danjuma, Jack Wilshere, Jack Stacey, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Junior Stanislas, Diego Rico, Phil Billing.

Substitutes: Mark Travers, Chris Mepham, Shane Long, Sam Surridge, Rodrigo Riquelme, Ben Pearson, Gavin Kilkenny, Jaidon Anthony, Jordan Zemura.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Jake Bidwell, Ben Cabango, Kieron Freeman, Ollie Cooper.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54553

Nothing to Follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:23 - Mar 16 with 1233 viewsOldjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:17 - Mar 16 by Treforys_Jack

Other teams have had midweek off at least once, we've not. Happy to help.

once big deal , we've been crap for ages mind

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:29 - Mar 16 with 1222 viewsCatullus

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:15 - Mar 16 by Oldjack

pleas no more of this mythical tiredness, it's the same for all teams ,Cooper has lost the plot that's my best shot

Bournemouth didn't look tired tonight. Zipped past us quitr frequently, quicker to loose balls, quicker going forward.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:31 - Mar 16 with 1217 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:15 - Mar 16 by Oldjack

pleas no more of this mythical tiredness, it's the same for all teams ,Cooper has lost the plot that's my best shot

It’s hardly the same for a team with 4 strikers is it?

Ayew and Lowe wouldn’t be looking wrecked now if Morris and Cullen were able to share the load.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:33 - Mar 16 with 1204 viewsCatullus

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:16 - Mar 16 by Fireboy2

We are tired and its been getting worse game by game, this is because of coopers lack of rotation, rotation that has been needed in the games that have been coming thick and fast.

We have one massive game on saturday, if and its a big if we can give one massive effort and finish on a high we can take it into the international break where the rest can be used to recuperate and work on different formations which could take us straight up because I truly believe that we still have a chance of getting second place.

Andy Cole wherever you may be, is that moaning for you?

I agree with you. I just hope we don't lose anybody during the break. How many of our team are playing internationals?

Cooper needs to do something because right now we look tired and we are goal shy...hell we're shot shy! We aren't creating decent chances.

We have shown we are capable so the manager just has to figure out what is wrong and fix it. I guess we'll find out it he can or not.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:36 - Mar 16 with 1194 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:31 - Mar 16 by jack247

It’s hardly the same for a team with 4 strikers is it?

Ayew and Lowe wouldn’t be looking wrecked now if Morris and Cullen were able to share the load.

Lowe was shit first 12 games had couple good games and back to shit..don't think its tiredness just not good enough..
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:37 - Mar 16 with 1192 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Disappointing but not all that surprised and not a complete disaster. We never get anything down there for some reason and some total lapses of concentration cost us.

I came into these 2 games saying that 3pts had to be the minimum requirement so that hasn't changed. Just got to do that lot on Saturday now- and Whittaker absolutely has to start.

I still believe we have a chance at 2nd- we're still in a better position for it than Brentford. If we can limp into the Intl break with 72pts I still fancy our chances. Even if we can just keep in touch with Watford there's always the chance we might do them in that last game, for example.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:37 - Mar 16 with 1191 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:33 - Mar 16 by Catullus

I agree with you. I just hope we don't lose anybody during the break. How many of our team are playing internationals?

Cooper needs to do something because right now we look tired and we are goal shy...hell we're shot shy! We aren't creating decent chances.

We have shown we are capable so the manager just has to figure out what is wrong and fix it. I guess we'll find out it he can or not.

Roberts and Cabango definitely. Not sure what’s happening with Ayew? Maybe Guehi if England have age group games.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:43 - Mar 16 with 1175 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:36 - Mar 16 by angryjack

Lowe was shit first 12 games had couple good games and back to shit..don't think its tiredness just not good enough..

He was an out and out winger when he came here. Asked to play up front alongside Ayew who also isn’t a striker. That was always going to take time.

Plus our full backs aren’t bombing down the wings as much as before and we aren’t breaking as quickly as we were when we turnover possession.

I kind of agree with the Hourihane comments, he’s undoubtedly a match winner, but he slows us down in midfield, which doesn’t help Lowe at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:55 - Mar 16 with 1128 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:43 - Mar 16 by jack247

He was an out and out winger when he came here. Asked to play up front alongside Ayew who also isn’t a striker. That was always going to take time.

Plus our full backs aren’t bombing down the wings as much as before and we aren’t breaking as quickly as we were when we turnover possession.

I kind of agree with the Hourihane comments, he’s undoubtedly a match winner, but he slows us down in midfield, which doesn’t help Lowe at all.

If Lowe concentrates staying central and giving us something to hit instead running deep or out wide then when our midfield got it nothing to hit and stick..its a shambles
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:58 - Mar 16 with 1121 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:23 - Mar 16 by Oldjack

once big deal , we've been crap for ages mind

Yes they've had a break, if you think that doesn't affect performances I can't help you.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 23:07 - Mar 16 with 1100 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:58 - Mar 16 by Treforys_Jack

Yes they've had a break, if you think that doesn't affect performances I can't help you.

We had a break when sheff wed game was offswings and roundabouts we all got play 46 games at end day
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 23:22 - Mar 16 with 1045 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just watched the game. I had it recorded.

Just not good enough really, Bournemouth better in every department. Hard to put the finger of blame on anyone, we just weren’t good enough to win.

We deserve to be where we are but we are nowhere near the top 3 best sides in my opinion, we have just played above our level for a very long period of time.

Man for man there is little comparison between Bournemouth and us for example. I think we need to get autos, as with the teams we are likely to face in the play offs we will be fairly big odds against going up.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 00:01 - Mar 17 with 991 viewsBadlands

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:55 - Mar 16 by angryjack

If Lowe concentrates staying central and giving us something to hit instead running deep or out wide then when our midfield got it nothing to hit and stick..its a shambles

He's plying to orders.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 00:04 - Mar 17 with 990 viewstheloneranger

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 22:09 - Mar 16 by TenbySwan

Trying to be positive.
We have had 10 games in 31 days.
We had a lot of players who looked out on their feet

But
We are level with Brentford and have a game in hand on Watford.
I just hope we turn up on Saturday and make the most of the International break for the final push.

We're 2 points in front of Brentford.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 06:34 - Mar 17 with 899 views34dfgdf54

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 23:22 - Mar 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Just not good enough really, Bournemouth better in every department. Hard to put the finger of blame on anyone, we just weren’t good enough to win.

We deserve to be where we are but we are nowhere near the top 3 best sides in my opinion, we have just played above our level for a very long period of time.

Man for man there is little comparison between Bournemouth and us for example. I think we need to get autos, as with the teams we are likely to face in the play offs we will be fairly big odds against going up.

The attacking threat Bournemouth have is premier league standard. How they aren’t in top 2 is ridiculous never mind top 6.

We are running on empty and Brentford aren’t far behind. Watford will fancy getting 2nd now, coming into form when it matters.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 06:46 - Mar 17 with 886 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 06:34 - Mar 17 by 34dfgdf54

The attacking threat Bournemouth have is premier league standard. How they aren’t in top 2 is ridiculous never mind top 6.

We are running on empty and Brentford aren’t far behind. Watford will fancy getting 2nd now, coming into form when it matters.

Perhaps he should be benched Saturday evening and given the last 20 minutes. Neither he or Ayew are offering any kind of outlet at the moment which gives us not much of a chance of winning games (unless we get a penalty).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 07:16 - Mar 17 with 855 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 00:04 - Mar 17 by theloneranger

Well if he is the man giving orders needs shagging as it's clearly not working with our centre forwards drifting all over place and when we get possession nothing there to hit and play off..can clearly see this is a problem,so easy for opposing defenders
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 07:21 - Mar 17 with 848 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 23:22 - Mar 16 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s a fair assessment, I thought we were actually better last night than we were at Luton. We were just up against a much better team.

Bournemouth have battered us twice, albeit they couldn’t get past Woodman at home.

Player for player, them and Norwich are head and shoulders above the rest. I’m not convinced we won’t sneak second mind. Watford still have to play us, Norwich and Brentford. Brentford seem to be in a similar place to us. We’ve got a break coming up and then a decent run of fixtures.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 07:25 - Mar 17 with 840 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 07:21 - Mar 17 by jack247

That’s a fair assessment, I thought we were actually better last night than we were at Luton. We were just up against a much better team.

Bournemouth have battered us twice, albeit they couldn’t get past Woodman at home.

Player for player, them and Norwich are head and shoulders above the rest. I’m not convinced we won’t sneak second mind. Watford still have to play us, Norwich and Brentford. Brentford seem to be in a similar place to us. We’ve got a break coming up and then a decent run of fixtures.

No decent run fixtures innthis league,it's ruthless as Huddersfield Bristol Blackburn and the few we luckily won..will tell you
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 07:36 - Mar 17 with 823 views34dfgdf54

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 07:21 - Mar 17 by jack247

I actually thought we played some nice stuff yesterday until we got in the final third.

If we sneak second it will be the biggest travesty in football history but i'll take it all day long.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 07:58 - Mar 17 with 807 viewsDr_Winston

Morris didn't get much of a look in even when he was here. Ditto Whittaker.

It's not even starts. Ayew is never subbed off and given 30 minutes rest. Lowe rarely is. Same for most of our players. Until fairly recently Cooper didn't even bother looking to make subs until 70-75 minutes in.

I don't know why he does it. Stubborness, stupidity, making some kind of petty point about not getting the exact player he wanted (as if any manager has that luxury any more), whatever it is, but our players are out on their feet.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 8:04]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 08:47 - Mar 17 with 754 viewsFireboy2

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 07:58 - Mar 17 by Dr_Winston

Morris didn't get much of a look in even when he was here. Ditto Whittaker.

It's not even starts. Ayew is never subbed off and given 30 minutes rest. Lowe rarely is. Same for most of our players. Until fairly recently Cooper didn't even bother looking to make subs until 70-75 minutes in.

I don't know why he does it. Stubborness, stupidity, making some kind of petty point about not getting the exact player he wanted (as if any manager has that luxury any more), whatever it is, but our players are out on their feet.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 8:04]

I've been saying this for a while Doc. whatever his rationale is its biting us on the @rse, this approach has certain players running on water and thats why our performances have dropped, all we do is defend, yes very admirably but when get the ball back we are too tired to do anything with it and therefore lose it very quickly.

We have one game before we get a 13 day break, hopefully this will recharge their batteries and cooper will be a bit more pragmatic in his approach to managing his players minutes, if he doesn't we will be cannon fodder in the play offs whoever we play.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 08:57 - Mar 17 with 742 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 00:04 - Mar 17 by theloneranger

Now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 09:05 - Mar 17 with 743 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 07:25 - Mar 17 by angryjack

No decent run fixtures innthis league,it's ruthless as Huddersfield Bristol Blackburn and the few we luckily won..will tell you

Of course there are, it’s not as if we play teams like Bournemouth twice a week.

Before last night, we’d been awful for 4 games and taken 10 points. Wouldn’t surprise me to see us do that against the likes of Birmingham, Preston, Milwall and Wycombe.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 09:06 - Mar 17 with 741 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 07:36 - Mar 17 by 34dfgdf54

I actually thought we played some nice stuff yesterday until we got in the final third.

If we sneak second it will be the biggest travesty in football history but i'll take it all day long.

Agree.

Bournemouth were better than us all over the pitch, but we’ve played worse than that and won a couple of times in the last few weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024