Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't envy you Nick..... 08:59 - Mar 15 with 1043 viewsSonicBoom

Having to come up with your match report this week.......
I don't envy you Nick..... on 09:18 - Mar 15 with 1025 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Report:

Saints were crap

the end.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

I don't envy you Nick..... on 09:31 - Mar 15 with 997 viewssaints__fan__73

To be blunt, it was a great weekend for Team Run by Owners who sacked the man who took away my Season Ticket FC as they lost, after a plucky display against mighty Brighton, by the odd goal in 3.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

I don't envy you Nick..... on 09:57 - Mar 15 with 941 viewsKennington

I don't envy you Nick..... on 09:31 - Mar 15 by saints__fan__73

To be blunt, it was a great weekend for Team Run by Owners who sacked the man who took away my Season Ticket FC as they lost, after a plucky display against mighty Brighton, by the odd goal in 3.

Yet again fans were though ultimately responsible for yesterday’s result. Being live on BBC1 on Sunday but fans not having secured a spot on the One show days earlier to promote the game simply showed that fans unlike our Chinese overlord aren’t committed.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 9:57]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

I don't envy you Nick..... on 10:03 - Mar 15 with 927 viewsSaintNick

I don't envy you Nick..... on 09:31 - Mar 15 by saints__fan__73

At this point I must apologise, I hadn't realised what a superb psychoanalyst you are , it is like you are in my head, you know what I am thinking even before I think it, everything I do in my life is driven by a trivial incident that happened almost 10 years ago now.

I sit in a darkened room eaten up by hate.

This would be all good if it actually had any basis n truth.

Firstly I didn't watch "Team Run by Owners who sacked the man who took away my Season Ticket FC", I know you struggle to process facts, so to keep it simple, the person who sacked the man who took away my season ticket, no longer owns the club, a Chinese man by the name of Gao now owns the club, as far as I know he had nothing to do with it back then.

So I actually have no reason to feel grateful to the owners, I can call it exactly how it is.

With regard to my season ticket, I never actually lost it, a member of the ticket office saved the seat and resold it to me under a different name, so I never actually missed a game from the seat. Your hero Cortese had no friends in the football club.

He knew what had happened but could do little as by now the Football Ombudsman was involved in a year long case that I won and your hero had to back down.

So I don't need to feel grateful to anybody other than myself, if you ever speak to people involved at National level with supporters associations, at the time I was seen as a man who stood up to a dictator and won.

Perhaps you have in your life achieved some sort of victory over authority, perhaps you have spotted that your change is 10p short in a shop, perhaps you have overstayed in a parking spot and avoided a fine or perhaps someone has tried to pay for a Burger with a Scottish £5 note and you have turned them away despite it being legal tender.

If so then you will know something of that feeling of elation that I felt knowing I had stood up and been strong.

Perhaps my biggest triumph since then is being able to keep you dangling on the end of a hook for the best part of a decade, I am humbled that someone seems to care about the events of 2011-12 much more than me and brings them up on a regular basis.

I have wracked my brain as to why you would be so concerned, I have dug deep into my memory and can only think it dates back to around 1999/2000, I had a fling with a girl who was in a relationship at the time with an assistant shift manager's assistant's assistant at Burger King, he found out and made many threats which weren't carried out, it would be a big coincidence, I have always felt a bit of guilt, so if that is you please accept my apologies

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

I don't envy you Nick..... on 10:17 - Mar 15 with 901 viewsSonicBoom

To be fair SF 73 you are strangely obsessed with the fact the club took Nick's ticket away. Why do you care so much? No one else brings it up.
I don't envy you Nick..... on 10:24 - Mar 15 with 885 viewsDENZY

I don't envy you Nick..... on 10:03 - Mar 15 by SaintNick

At this point I must apologise, I hadn't realised what a superb psychoanalyst you are , it is like you are in my head, you know what I am thinking even before I think it, everything I do in my life is driven by a trivial incident that happened almost 10 years ago now.

Firstly I didn't watch "Team Run by Owners who sacked the man who took away my Season Ticket FC", I know you struggle to process facts, so to keep it simple, the person who sacked the man who took away my season ticket, no longer owns the club, a Chinese man by the name of Gao now owns the club, as far as I know he had nothing to do with it back then.

So I actually have no reason to feel grateful to the owners, I can call it exactly how it is.

With regard to my season ticket, I never actually lost it, a member of the ticket office saved the seat and resold it to me under a different name, so I never actually missed a game from the seat. Your hero Cortese had no friends in the football club.

He knew what had happened but could do little as by now the Football Ombudsman was involved in a year long case that I won and your hero had to back down.

So I don't need to feel grateful to anybody other than myself, if you ever speak to people involved at National level with supporters associations, at the time I was seen as a man who stood up to a dictator and won.

Perhaps you have in your life achieved some sort of victory over authority, perhaps you have spotted that your change is 10p short in a shop, perhaps you have overstayed in a parking spot and avoided a fine or perhaps someone has tried to pay for a Burger with a Scottish £5 note and you have turned them away despite it being legal tender.

If so then you will know something of that feeling of elation that I felt knowing I had stood up and been strong.

Perhaps my biggest triumph since then is being able to keep you dangling on the end of a hook for the best part of a decade, I am humbled that someone seems to care about the events of 2011-12 much more than me and brings them up on a regular basis.

I have wracked my brain as to why you would be so concerned, I have dug deep into my memory and can only think it dates back to around 1999/2000, I had a fling with a girl who was in a relationship at the time with an assistant shift manager's assistant's assistant at Burger King, he found out and made many threats which weren't carried out, it would be a big coincidence, I have always felt a bit of guilt, so if that is you please accept my apologies

Game, set, match.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

I don't envy you Nick..... on 10:42 - Mar 15 with 855 viewssaints__fan__73

I don't envy you Nick..... on 10:03 - Mar 15 by SaintNick

Quite the response Nicholas, there must be a grain of truth to what I said to elicit such a passionate reply!

This place went to the nutcases many years back but I do like to pop over now and again to remind you of your laughable hypocrisy. As we came up from the bottom of L1 to the top half of the PL with Pochettino as our manager, due to your hatred of Cortese, you missed not a single attempt to critisise the club and play down our successes. Everything was examined by you in minutia to find a way to say how the club were getting it all wrong. You brought up time and time again, the supposed financial mismanagement of the club, your crowning glory being the fact that the Staplewood re-development went a few million over budget. However it's funny that, during the time in PL Cortese was here, and even the years immediately after he left every single financial report we submitted said the club was running at a profit. Fast forward to now where we have had to borrow huge amounts to play the bills (and not due to covid) and have re-mortgaged the stadium and training ground, and you won't critisise this at all.

Your defence of Carrillo is my personal fav. £20m+ on transfer fees + another 10-15m on wages, all for about a half dozen goalless appearances but your considered opinion is at least he did something' as he apparently did a dummy in one match that led to a goal....

Even in the Lowe era you were able to give a measured opinion of what was going on at the club, praising and critisicing with some degree of fairness. However, since the season ticket incident it's been 100% abuse and then 100% praise.

p.s. in case you have forgot Fat Kat is still an owner of our club.

I don't envy you Nick..... on 10:44 - Mar 15 with 845 viewssaints__fan__73

I don't envy you Nick..... on 10:24 - Mar 15 by DENZY

Game, set, match.

Indeed it is. Thank you very much for the compliment my old missing toed buddy!

Login to get fewer ads

I don't envy you Nick..... on 12:18 - Mar 15 with 766 viewsSaintNick

I don't envy you Nick..... on 10:42 - Mar 15 by saints__fan__73

Quite the response Nicholas, there must be a grain of truth to what I said to elicit such a passionate reply!

This place went to the nutcases many years back but I do like to pop over now and again to remind you of your laughable hypocrisy. As we came up from the bottom of L1 to the top half of the PL with Pochettino as our manager, due to your hatred of Cortese, you missed not a single attempt to critisise the club and play down our successes. Everything was examined by you in minutia to find a way to say how the club were getting it all wrong. You brought up time and time again, the supposed financial mismanagement of the club, your crowning glory being the fact that the Staplewood re-development went a few million over budget. However it's funny that, during the time in PL Cortese was here, and even the years immediately after he left every single financial report we submitted said the club was running at a profit. Fast forward to now where we have had to borrow huge amounts to play the bills (and not due to covid) and have re-mortgaged the stadium and training ground, and you won't critisise this at all.

Your defence of Carrillo is my personal fav. £20m+ on transfer fees + another 10-15m on wages, all for about a half dozen goalless appearances but your considered opinion is at least he did something' as he apparently did a dummy in one match that led to a goal....

Even in the Lowe era you were able to give a measured opinion of what was going on at the club, praising and critisicing with some degree of fairness. However, since the season ticket incident it's been 100% abuse and then 100% praise.

p.s. in case you have forgot Fat Kat is still an owner of our club.

Do you know I dont really care enough to actually reply to this in any detail

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

I don't envy you Nick..... on 12:23 - Mar 15 with 758 viewssaints__fan__73

I don't envy you Nick..... on 12:18 - Mar 15 by SaintNick

Do you know I dont really care enough to actually reply to this in any detail

To be blunt, I think you ran out of words with your last war and peace reply.

I don't envy you Nick..... on 15:19 - Mar 15 with 681 viewsdwayne_dibley

I don't envy you Nick..... on 10:17 - Mar 15 by SonicBoom

To be fair SF 73 you are strangely obsessed with the fact the club took Nick's ticket away. Why do you care so much? No one else brings it up.

that's the issue, having your ST surgically removed can cause a liftime of medical bills. Surely someone ought to organise a crowdfunded campaign to get it reinserted

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

I don't envy you Nick..... on 15:23 - Mar 15 with 676 viewsKennington

Really like this site, but no one can deny the editorial was far more critical of the club in the years we were actually winning games.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

I don't envy you Nick..... on 15:33 - Mar 15 with 659 viewsdwayne_dibley

I don't envy you Nick..... on 15:23 - Mar 15 by Kennington

Really like this site, but no one can deny the editorial was far more critical of the club in the years we were actually winning games.

in a civilised society one should care for the afflicted

a dose of alpine klops can be disconcerting
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 15:34]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

I don't envy you Nick..... on 15:47 - Mar 15 with 642 viewsCenturion

FWIW I think this site is very well balanced as are the comments of Nick and most posters.
I also think it is a site that is getting better and better, unlike our football team!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024