Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth Game 11:47 - Mar 16 with 2440 viewsSaintNick

This should be an exciting week but no one seems excited

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bournemouth Game on 12:33 - Mar 16 with 1704 viewsBicester_North

That second half on Sunday was enough to knock the excitement out of even the most excitable clapper.

I was of the view that our best XI or so was a match for anybody so a cup win was possible, but the abject display against Brighton when we had almost a full strength team has taken the optimism that we could pull off a shock against the big teams if we get through.

Add to that the sterile experience of watching on TV with no mates, and empty stadiums, and it’s a bit shit really

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Bournemouth Game on 12:42 - Mar 16 with 1687 viewsdwayne_dibley

Bournemouth Game on 12:33 - Mar 16 by Bicester_North

That second half on Sunday was enough to knock the excitement out of even the most excitable clapper.

I was of the view that our best XI or so was a match for anybody so a cup win was possible, but the abject display against Brighton when we had almost a full strength team has taken the optimism that we could pull off a shock against the big teams if we get through.

Add to that the sterile experience of watching on TV with no mates, and empty stadiums, and it’s a bit shit really

that very accurately encapsulates the situation

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Bournemouth Game on 12:58 - Mar 16 with 1663 viewsA1079

That completely reflects how I feel. Any excitement I did have evaporated with our meek and inadequate performance on Sunday.
Bournemouth Game on 13:11 - Mar 16 with 1628 viewsDorsetIan

This.

Not sure I'd be excited even with a trip to Wembley in prospect. The last FA Cup semi-final there with that similarly mediocre Hughes team was no fun.

This season is only going to be 'exciting' again if we get properly sucked into a relegation fight, and even that looks unlikely!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Bournemouth Game on 13:15 - Mar 16 with 1632 viewsCenturion

Most people are more concerned about the league now.
FA Cup seems a luxury and even win against Bournemouth is surely a stay of execution until the next round.
Bournemouth Game on 13:15 - Mar 16 with 1628 viewssaint22

spot on
all that talk of the city game being a free hit and players are back for the weekend looks like a false dawn now
newcastle aside that was the most abject dispiriting disheartening sh1te display by a team of so called professionals in a long long time
I know everyone says they would take a cup win over staying in the PL but I think getting relegated will be the death knell for us
lets just hope the players realise that post international break - which btw I usually hate but think we damn well need it this time to refocus and get our sh*t together
Bournemouth Game on 13:30 - Mar 16 with 1613 views1885_SFC

I lost any enthusiasm for the season after the Newcastle away defeat. That was the end for me. If the team couldn't be arsed that night then neither could I. Brighton on Sunday just mirrored those thoughts. No one at the club appears to give a shít.

The cup game should be causing a buzz, but instead it's going to be a very nervous affair because, apart from us being shít, even at 2-0 up we're likely to f*ck that up!

Get the season over. Finish 15th/16th and see what the Summer brings. I might get my Saints-supporting mojo back by the start of the new season.

Old School is Cool

Bournemouth Game on 13:46 - Mar 16 with 1575 viewsdirk_doone

Bournemouth Game on 13:11 - Mar 16 by DorsetIan

This.

Not sure I'd be excited even with a trip to Wembley in prospect. The last FA Cup semi-final there with that similarly mediocre Hughes team was no fun.

This season is only going to be 'exciting' again if we get properly sucked into a relegation fight, and even that looks unlikely!

Yes, I agree, it's a bit like the mood was before that semi-final v Chelsea. Nobody wants to get their hopes up.

[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 10:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth Game on 14:47 - Mar 16 with 1497 viewssaint22

Bournemouth Game on 13:30 - Mar 16 by 1885_SFC

I lost any enthusiasm for the season after the Newcastle away defeat. That was the end for me. If the team couldn't be arsed that night then neither could I. Brighton on Sunday just mirrored those thoughts. No one at the club appears to give a shít.

The cup game should be causing a buzz, but instead it's going to be a very nervous affair because, apart from us being shít, even at 2-0 up we're likely to f*ck that up!

Get the season over. Finish 15th/16th and see what the Summer brings. I might get my Saints-supporting mojo back by the start of the new season.

15 or 16th?? it will be 17th i think by the skin of our teeth
What a shambles really after where we were pre Xmas, beggars belief
Bournemouth Game on 15:04 - Mar 16 with 1493 viewsSonicBoom

I just like to talk about Saints with some pride. It was great when we were top half. I had that feeling that we could beat anyone.
But we have barely got a point in nearly a third of the season. We have been spanked by a record margin AGAIN, and let in three times as many as we've scored recently.
The only team we beat was Sheffield United who are pretty much the worst PL team ever.

On Sunday I was getting messages from all over taking the P out of us and saying we got done by Brighton and looked way off the pace.
So no, I'm not excited.
At least we are proving the fact that Saints aren't just crap at home because of the fans....
Bournemouth Game on 15:21 - Mar 16 with 1478 viewsTimSaint

For me, it's got to the stage where I am hoping that Bournemouth will have a really energy sapping game v Swansea tonight AND pick up further injuries and suspensions !!

Will take any win on Saturday, followed by a team and tactics reboot during the international break, get a few more players back from injury and really kick on in both the league and Cup for the last 2 months of the season.

TimSaint

Bournemouth Game on 16:01 - Mar 16 with 1427 viewssaint22

Bournemouth Game on 15:21 - Mar 16 by TimSaint

For me, it's got to the stage where I am hoping that Bournemouth will have a really energy sapping game v Swansea tonight AND pick up further injuries and suspensions !!

Will take any win on Saturday, followed by a team and tactics reboot during the international break, get a few more players back from injury and really kick on in both the league and Cup for the last 2 months of the season.

exactly this Tim!!
I wold hope Ings and Walcott are back and fired up to perform for the last 9 games of the season....surely they will??
We need two wins and dear god we must be able to get them in that run somehow, even though I am well aware we haven't managed that in the past ten!!
Bournemouth Game on 16:26 - Mar 16 with 1395 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

This.

The last match was draining ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Bournemouth Game on 16:34 - Mar 16 with 1389 viewsSadoldgit

I was looking forward to this match up until last week. After the City and Brighton matches I am worried that we are going to get turned over by Bournemouth, that our confidence will take even more of a nose dive and that we will continue to struggle through the rest of the season. Losing I can take. Going down I can live with if it were to happen. What depresses me is the lack of fight and application over 90 minutes. I think that we are all fed up with aimlessly passing the ball back and forth around the back and playing tippy tappy football in dangerous areas in our own half. If we are going to lose, at least go down fighting and give us something to be proud of.
Bournemouth Game on 16:48 - Mar 16 with 1372 viewsCenturion

Bournemouth Game on 14:47 - Mar 16 by saint22

15 or 16th?? it will be 17th i think by the skin of our teeth
What a shambles really after where we were pre Xmas, beggars belief

I would never have thought that we would be in the mess we find ourselves after the victory over Liverpool in January.
Only Saints could do this. Let's hope we survive relegation.
The Cup is now a side show, even a distraction.
Bournemouth Game on 16:59 - Mar 16 with 1357 viewsBerber

Bournemouth Game on 16:34 - Mar 16 by Sadoldgit

I was looking forward to this match up until last week. After the City and Brighton matches I am worried that we are going to get turned over by Bournemouth, that our confidence will take even more of a nose dive and that we will continue to struggle through the rest of the season. Losing I can take. Going down I can live with if it were to happen. What depresses me is the lack of fight and application over 90 minutes. I think that we are all fed up with aimlessly passing the ball back and forth around the back and playing tippy tappy football in dangerous areas in our own half. If we are going to lose, at least go down fighting and give us something to be proud of.

Imagine if he puts out a full strength side and they meekly submit, what hope that the squad buck up their ideas for the rest of the season? They seem to be going through the motions like a side that has just clinched PL safety.
Bournemouth Game on 17:37 - Mar 16 with 1320 viewskingslandstand1

Bournemouth Game on 15:21 - Mar 16 by TimSaint

I think that just about sums most feelings up

Afraid that lethargy is dwindling down through to the fans/supporters now - well it is me. Not at all as confident of a win now as I was when the draw was made
Bournemouth Game on 18:02 - Mar 16 with 1285 views1ASIN12

The football has been crap of late , there is a real danger that Bournemouth will turn us over and we will probably never live it down in their eyes .

However even with all that if we could have gone then I’d been really looking forward to it . Early train down a few beers before and a curry after and a slim chance of wembley again .

It’s hard to get excited about watching football on TV with no fans there .

it will be typical that Saints finally win a cup and it will , in my eyes be a bit of a damp squid with if no fans allowed to attend .
Bournemouth Game on 18:06 - Mar 16 with 1279 views1885_SFC

Bournemouth Game on 18:02 - Mar 16 by 1ASIN12

The football has been crap of late , there is a real danger that Bournemouth will turn us over and we will probably never live it down in their eyes .

However even with all that if we could have gone then I’d been really looking forward to it . Early train down a few beers before and a curry after and a slim chance of wembley again .

It’s hard to get excited about watching football on TV with no fans there .

it will be typical that Saints finally win a cup and it will , in my eyes be a bit of a damp squid with if no fans allowed to attend .

I heard the FA are going to use the FA Cup Final as a testing ground to allow fans back into games?

Old School is Cool

Bournemouth Game on 18:45 - Mar 16 with 1242 viewskingolaf

It’s the style of our football that is boring me. Too much tippy tappy sideways backwards propaganda football.
Djenepo made some decent runs in behind on Sunday, but instead of playing it through we chose to go sideways. And this was when we were 2-1 down and chasing the game.
Boring, negative, turgid crap.
Bournemouth Game on 18:47 - Mar 16 with 1240 viewsTripleNiemi

Crikey Riley, after reading the responses to this post i think i will go and stick me head in the oven......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Bournemouth Game on 18:29 - Mar 17 with 1029 viewsNumber_58

I used to love FA Cup quarter finals. The prospect of getting to a semi-final used to be really exciting - neutral ground, brilliant day out, etc, but since they moved them all to Wembley it's just not the same. That said, I'm sure my enthusiasm will perk up should we get past Bournemouth.
Bournemouth Game on 21:31 - Mar 17 with 967 viewsgrumpy

The game against Brighton was an embarrassment, all the worse for being on mainstream tv.
This team has to show some courage and move the ball forward not sideways so much.
Haven't the fans suffered enough with two 9-0 defeats and this miserable run, if we lose to Bournemouth after losing to Brighton I would fear for the rest of the season.
Bournemouth Game on 22:20 - Mar 17 with 932 viewsKennington

Frankly a bit jaded with saints. Would be great if we progress and who knows even get to a final.

Just hacks me right off that we are or rather should be an established premier league team having been in this league since 2012. A time that there has been more money than ever on top level English football. However, due to the abject running of the club we only have two recognised full backs, one of those KWP has barely played 50 senior games and there’s also a mountain of debt. That’s after selling every player that possibly could be sold until there was no one left to sell. How does a premier league team, supposedly the best league on the world end up with such a brittle squad? The answer is it’s either RH’s fault for wanting a tiny squad or the owner for not providing funds. I know where my guess is and it’s not Ralph. There’s no doubt that Kat, Gao and the various directors like Les, Krueger etc have run the club into the ground and is probably not much better off than the months before we last went into administration 15 years or so ago.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Bournemouth Game on 23:13 - Mar 17 with 900 viewsdirk_doone

Just watched the highlights of the Bournemouth v Swansea game. They score from left wing crosses and corners, which is exactly how we concede goals because we don't man mark the main aerial goal threats with our tallest defenders and we don't put a man on the line at the near post and every opposition manager knows that.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 7:37]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024