Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Games affecting Saints this weekend... 10:42 - Mar 19 with 1477 views1885_SFC

Fulham v Leeds tonight (8.00 pm). A win for Fulham (quite possible) would mean they're only 4 points behind us.

Brighton v Newcastle tomorrow (8.00 pm). I think a draw would be the best outcome for us.

Whatever happens, it's getting a bit tight at the foot of the table. Not exactly time to wet the bed - but things could look dicey by late Saturday night.

Old School is Cool

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 12:09 - Mar 19 with 1425 viewssaint22

We need to beat Burnley & WBA
Quite frankly if we cant, following the last few pi55 poor results, then we deserve to go
Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 20:54 - Mar 19 with 1303 views1885_SFC

HT Fulham 1 Leeds 1.

Two disallowed goals for Leeds before Bamford scored to put Leeds ahead. Then cue some Saints-style, shíte defending to allow Fulham - who have been dire - back into the game.

All to play for 2nd half then...

Old School is Cool

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:07 - Mar 19 with 1293 viewsgrumpy

To be honest I am losing interest ,I'm more interested in the Rugby tomorrow.
Some great games to watch.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 21:09]
Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:52 - Mar 19 with 1267 viewsBicester_North

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 20:54 - Mar 19 by 1885_SFC

HT Fulham 1 Leeds 1.

Two disallowed goals for Leeds before Bamford scored to put Leeds ahead. Then cue some Saints-style, shíte defending to allow Fulham - who have been dire - back into the game.

All to play for 2nd half then...

Fulham are a decent enough side but their lack of a finisher is killing them.

They’ll be demoralised after this. I’d rather see Newcastle go down though

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:59 - Mar 19 with 1258 views1885_SFC

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:52 - Mar 19 by Bicester_North

Fulham are a decent enough side but their lack of a finisher is killing them.

They’ll be demoralised after this. I’d rather see Newcastle go down though

FT Fulham 1 Leeds 2

Agree though; I'd rather the Mags go down.

Old School is Cool

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 22:04 - Mar 19 with 1237 viewsBicester_North

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:59 - Mar 19 by 1885_SFC

FT Fulham 1 Leeds 2

Agree though; I'd rather the Mags go down.

If I had to predict Fulham results, looking at their last 8 games you’d only possibly back them to win 3 maximum (including against us), then say 2 draws, at absolute best they’d have 37 points.

But realistically be a few less than that. 36 points for Saints would surely be enough and that’s without Newcastle, Brighton and Burnley

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 22:07 - Mar 19 with 1231 viewsdirk_doone

Massive result for us.

Beat Bournemouth tomorrow and our season is well and truly back on track.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 08:32 - Mar 20 with 1028 viewsSaintNick

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 22:07 - Mar 19 by dirk_doone

Massive result for us.

Beat Bournemouth tomorrow and our season is well and truly back on track.

Fulham have now lost 3 out of the last 4 and their good run has collapsed, they have 5 out of the last 8 away, 4 at teams chasing Champions League and Europa League and ourselves.

Their 3 home games are crucial, Wolves, Burnley & on the final day Fulham.

We get 5 more points we are safe, I dont think all three of Fulham, Newcastle & Brighton can all get to 37 points

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 11:07 - Mar 20 with 960 viewssaint22

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 08:32 - Mar 20 by SaintNick

Fulham have now lost 3 out of the last 4 and their good run has collapsed, they have 5 out of the last 8 away, 4 at teams chasing Champions League and Europa League and ourselves.

Their 3 home games are crucial, Wolves, Burnley & on the final day Fulham.

We get 5 more points we are safe, I dont think all three of Fulham, Newcastle & Brighton can all get to 37 points

Let’s see if we can get 5 points quickly, we need not drag it out
Burnley & wba should give us what we need hopefully
Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 20:58 - Mar 20 with 898 views1885_SFC

HT Brighton 1 Newcastle 0

Newcastle are shockingly poor.

Old School is Cool

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:21 - Mar 20 with 876 viewsdirk_doone

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 20:58 - Mar 20 by 1885_SFC

A Newcastle defeat is a good result for us as it means there are now 2 teams - Fulham and Newcastle - who would need a miraculous upturn in form combined with a terrible run of results from us in the last few games to overtake us. They won't both do it.

Whether we finish above Brighton or not is unimportant in the general scheme of things. Really, we only have 2 objectives now: staying up and winning the cup.

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:32 - Mar 20 with 863 viewsSaintsforeverj

Brighton looking good to be fair. Trossard, Lallana and Maupai looking decent.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:36 - Mar 20 with 858 viewsdirk_doone

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:32 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

Brighton looking good to be fair. Trossard, Lallana and Maupai looking decent.

Lallana was a very astute acquisition for them. He was the best player on the pitch when we played them.

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:37 - Mar 20 with 857 viewssaint22

How on earth did we lose to them!??
With 9 men!
Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:43 - Mar 20 with 851 viewsdirk_doone

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:37 - Mar 20 by saint22

How on earth did we lose to them!??
With 9 men!

We allowed Newcastle to have 4 shots on target, which is all you need to score 3 goals against McCarthy on his form this year. I'm not sure we'd have even won today if he'd been in goal as Bournemouth had the same number of shots on target as we did: 5.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 21:43]

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:45 - Mar 20 with 848 viewsSaintsforeverj

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:36 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

Lallana was a very astute acquisition for them. He was the best player on the pitch when we played them.

That's true. In hindsight, he would probably have been a better acquisition than Walcott.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:46 - Mar 20 with 843 viewssaint22

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:43 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

We allowed Newcastle to have 4 shots on target, which is all you need to score 3 goals against McCarthy on his form this year. I'm not sure we'd have even won today if he'd been in goal as Bournemouth had the same number of shots on target as we did: 5.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 21:43]

Oh yea true
And he passed one to them as well
Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 22:09 - Mar 20 with 817 viewshedgeend61

Looking at their run-in, unless they improve a ton they'll be lucky to get 6 points tops, can only really see chances in last 2 games.

04.04. 14:05 Newcastle Tottenham

11.04. 12:00 Burnley Newcastle

17.04. 15:00 Newcastle West Ham

24.04. 15:00 Liverpool Newcastle
-
01.05. 15:00 Newcastle Arsenal
-
08.05. 15:00 Leicester Newcastle
-
12.05. 19:45 Newcastle Manchester City
-
15.05. 15:00 Newcastle Sheffield Utd
-
23.05. 16:00 Fulham Newcastle
Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 22:13 - Mar 20 with 807 viewsdirk_doone

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 22:09 - Mar 20 by hedgeend61

Looking at their run-in, unless they improve a ton they'll be lucky to get 6 points tops, can only really see chances in last 2 games.

04.04. 14:05 Newcastle Tottenham

11.04. 12:00 Burnley Newcastle

17.04. 15:00 Newcastle West Ham

24.04. 15:00 Liverpool Newcastle
-
01.05. 15:00 Newcastle Arsenal
-
08.05. 15:00 Leicester Newcastle
-
12.05. 19:45 Newcastle Manchester City
-
15.05. 15:00 Newcastle Sheffield Utd
-
23.05. 16:00 Fulham Newcastle

That final game should decide which team fills the 3rd relegation spot.

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 23:03 - Mar 20 with 775 viewsA1079

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 21:36 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

Totally agree Dirk.

I think he would like to have returned and finished his career at Saints but a combination of the manner in which he left and the bitterness that ensued afterwards between Saints fans and him probably put the nail in the coffin to that ever being an option. But, personally I think he could have done a useful job for us.
Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 23:37 - Mar 20 with 747 viewsdirk_doone

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 23:03 - Mar 20 by A1079

Totally agree Dirk.

I think he would like to have returned and finished his career at Saints but a combination of the manner in which he left and the bitterness that ensued afterwards between Saints fans and him probably put the nail in the coffin to that ever being an option. But, personally I think he could have done a useful job for us.

Getting Lallana and Welbeck, 2 players with 76 England caps between them, for nothing, was a transfer coup and has added real class to what was previously just a team of hard working journeymen. Getting big name players in not only inspires the rest of the team but also excites the fans. That is the sort of thing McMenemy used to do.

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 08:45 - Mar 21 with 666 viewssolent_toffee

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 22:13 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

That final game should decide which team fills the 3rd relegation spot.

Didn’t realise Newcastle’s run of games. Can’t see them getting anything except maybe three points v an unmotivated already relegated Sheff Utd. They could already be down by the time they play Fulham.

I caught the second half of the Brighton game. They were woeful and barely made a tackle, made Brighton look like City.
Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 11:23 - Mar 21 with 598 viewssaint22

Games affecting Saints this weekend... on 08:45 - Mar 21 by solent_toffee

Didn’t realise Newcastle’s run of games. Can’t see them getting anything except maybe three points v an unmotivated already relegated Sheff Utd. They could already be down by the time they play Fulham.

I caught the second half of the Brighton game. They were woeful and barely made a tackle, made Brighton look like City.

Fully agree they look in serious trouble and I can’t see that last game being do or die I think it will be settled by then
That said we cannot be complacent we need to take yesterday’s performance and kick into next three games and get the two wins we need ASAP so we can plan for next year
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024