Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humphrys 22:56 - Apr 6 with 6933 viewsShun

Attracting Championship interest apparently. No idea how accurate the sources are but there are a few mentions of it on Twitter.

Humphrys on 23:18 - Apr 6 with 4865 viewsdingdangblue

Only natural really, he's too good for us and definitely too good for League 2. Also there is the problem of only being on a 2 year contract - unless they are sold after 1 season they are likely to leave for nothing and run the contract out.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 8:35]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Humphrys on 23:50 - Apr 6 with 4819 viewsShun

Humphrys on 23:18 - Apr 6 by dingdangblue

Only natural really, he's too good for us and definitely too good for League 2. Also there is the problem of only being on a 2 year contract - unless they are sold after 1 season they are likely to leave for nothing and run the contract out.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 8:35]

Completely agree, but I’d still be gutted if he left this summer - mainly because due to all his injuries I feel like we haven’t seen him anywhere near as much as we should’ve done.
Humphrys on 00:54 - Apr 7 with 4777 viewsSandyman

His agent has probably seen the bleedin' obvious that this club isn't progressing under the current regime and is making moves in his clients interest. No surprise really.
Humphrys on 06:37 - Apr 7 with 4695 viewsD_Alien

Humphrys on 23:50 - Apr 6 by Shun

Completely agree, but I’d still be gutted if he left this summer - mainly because due to all his injuries I feel like we haven’t seen him anywhere near as much as we should’ve done.

We've seen him on the vlogs

It'll have been a learning experience for him this season more off the pitch than on, which should stand him in good stead in ten year's time

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Humphrys on 06:55 - Apr 7 with 4692 viewsJames1980

If the hypotheses about the plan is to get relegated are correct. Selling Humphrys at a profit to offset the revenue between L1 & L2 could be part of the grand scheme. Maybe that was the intention all along when signing him.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Humphrys on 09:03 - Apr 7 with 4551 viewsBucketBstard

Cant see him good enough for Championship. But good luck to the fella, he at least shows passion when he is on the pitch and it must be soul destroying to be managed by BBM .
Humphrys on 09:31 - Apr 7 with 4498 viewsDalenet

Humphrys on 06:55 - Apr 7 by James1980

If the hypotheses about the plan is to get relegated are correct. Selling Humphrys at a profit to offset the revenue between L1 & L2 could be part of the grand scheme. Maybe that was the intention all along when signing him.

We are not that clever James. Besides which, why would a club buy a player (yes, pay money) when they are struggling financially on the off chance we might be able to sell him when the shite hits the fan. There is no guarantee we would get the money back never mind make a profit. Ludicrous suggestion.

I think the club had banked on earning some cash from Baah - either in the January transfer window or next season had he signed a new contract. Looks like that door is now closed.

I hope Humps is up for a League Two fight, but if another NW based club higher up came in for him we wouldn't blame him would we?
Humphrys on 09:43 - Apr 7 with 4472 viewsSuddenLad

I genuinely hope he's still here for a few seasons yet, but there's more chance of him becoming another Alfie. Being sold to pay the bills at some stupid price.

Unless we see news about players actually extending contracts, (EOC, Baah, Lund, Humphrys etc.) you can see exactly how things will be going.

Humps might well be being 'eyed up' by Championship clubs. I wouldn't be surprised at all, so they will be hovering like vultures when the time comes for the 'easy pickings'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Humphrys on 09:57 - Apr 7 with 4443 viewsJames1980

Humphrys on 09:31 - Apr 7 by Dalenet

We are not that clever James. Besides which, why would a club buy a player (yes, pay money) when they are struggling financially on the off chance we might be able to sell him when the shite hits the fan. There is no guarantee we would get the money back never mind make a profit. Ludicrous suggestion.

I think the club had banked on earning some cash from Baah - either in the January transfer window or next season had he signed a new contract. Looks like that door is now closed.

I hope Humps is up for a League Two fight, but if another NW based club higher up came in for him we wouldn't blame him would we?

Perhaps spending money on a player was a machievellian tactic to throw us off the scent regarding the managed relegation and whatever other grand plan there is.
I do hope we retain Stephen's services but as others have said wouldn't be surprised if he does go elsewhere.

Humphrys on 11:10 - Apr 7 with 4326 viewsfunkkk

Humphrys on 09:31 - Apr 7 by Dalenet

I’m sure (actually not that sure) I remember BBM saying that Humphrys was a potentially saleable asset which was the reason the board agreed to free up cash for him.

I’d try and find it but CBA and I should probably be working.
Humphrys on 11:14 - Apr 7 with 4320 viewsfitzochris

Humphrys on 11:10 - Apr 7 by funkkk

I’m sure (actually not that sure) I remember BBM saying that Humphrys was a potentially saleable asset which was the reason the board agreed to free up cash for him.

I’d try and find it but CBA and I should probably be working.

I think he said it on this forum’s podcast.

It’s not an unreasonable strategy, as it’s a better one than relying on developing youth players, in my opinion.

We’ve demonstrated the success of this many times over with the likes of Holt, Lambert, Murray etc.

Perhaps we’ve relied too much on the sell-on clause in the past, rather than upfront cash.

Humphrys is good enough to step up a level. When fit and provided with decent service, he’s one the best forwards in League One based on what I’ve seen this season. It’s just a bloody shame he’s struggled so much with injuries.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Humphrys on 11:32 - Apr 7 with 4280 views49thseason

So the Hyenas are gathering to pick over the bones of the club are they? Any offer close to £200k and he is gone...
Humphrys on 12:09 - Apr 7 with 4197 viewsD_Alien

Humphrys on 09:57 - Apr 7 by James1980

Perhaps spending money on a player was a machievellian tactic to throw us off the scent regarding the managed relegation and whatever other grand plan there is.
I do hope we retain Stephen's services but as others have said wouldn't be surprised if he does go elsewhere.

For that, you'd need a Machiavelli in charge of transfer dealings...

As things stand, we'll have someone playing Humpty Dumpty

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Humphrys on 15:18 - Apr 7 with 3984 viewsSaxonDale

Don’t think Humphrys is quite ready for the Championship- think he’d benefit from playing a full season in League 1 next season. I know they’ve got Clarke-Harris but he strikes me as the perfect player for Peterborough to have and sell on for a fee. He has talked about how settled he feels back up north though so that may work in our favour IF we stay in League 1.
Humphrys on 16:49 - Apr 7 with 3828 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Humphrys on 11:32 - Apr 7 by 49thseason

So the Hyenas are gathering to pick over the bones of the club are they? Any offer close to £200k and he is gone...

Don’t think they’ll need to gather... if / when we go down the club will practically put a for sale sign round his neck (along with Rathbone).
Humphrys on 17:18 - Apr 7 with 3762 viewsblackdogblue

Humphrys on 16:49 - Apr 7 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Don’t think they’ll need to gather... if / when we go down the club will practically put a for sale sign round his neck (along with Rathbone).

And Morley...

Have the same opinion as above, he has the makings but how many games has he missed due to Injury this season..

Question for TVOS on his ratio 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Humphrys on 17:33 - Apr 7 with 3733 viewsJames1980

Humphrys on 17:18 - Apr 7 by blackdogblue

And Morley...

Have the same opinion as above, he has the makings but how many games has he missed due to Injury this season..

Question for TVOS on his ratio 😀

Regarding his injuries he admitted on one of his vlogs he doesn't do his stretching/foam rolling routine as often as he should. That can't help him maintain an extended injury free run.

Humphrys on 18:15 - Apr 7 with 3670 viewsRippDale

Humphrys on 17:33 - Apr 7 by James1980

Regarding his injuries he admitted on one of his vlogs he doesn't do his stretching/foam rolling routine as often as he should. That can't help him maintain an extended injury free run.

I don't think he will move just yet. He still has a lot to prove in terms of injuries and consistency. He shows glimpses of the player he could be but can go missing. If he stays fit he should be a top scorer in league 2 and then he can get the big move
Humphrys on 19:36 - Apr 7 with 3556 viewsdalenumber2

Humphrys on 15:18 - Apr 7 by SaxonDale

Don’t think Humphrys is quite ready for the Championship- think he’d benefit from playing a full season in League 1 next season. I know they’ve got Clarke-Harris but he strikes me as the perfect player for Peterborough to have and sell on for a fee. He has talked about how settled he feels back up north though so that may work in our favour IF we stay in League 1.

And he’s just bought a house in this area...
Humphrys on 19:55 - Apr 7 with 3521 viewskel

Humphrys on 12:09 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

For that, you'd need a Machiavelli in charge of transfer dealings...

As things stand, we'll have someone playing Humpty Dumpty

Lee Machiavelli?

*grown man playing silly word games*
Humphrys on 20:16 - Apr 7 with 3476 viewsAtThePeake

Humphrys on 18:15 - Apr 7 by RippDale

I don't think he will move just yet. He still has a lot to prove in terms of injuries and consistency. He shows glimpses of the player he could be but can go missing. If he stays fit he should be a top scorer in league 2 and then he can get the big move

He's scored 10 goals in 24 starts for the worst team in L1 this season, and perhaps more impressively there have been very different types of goals - free-kicks, headers, great solo efforts and poachers finishes. He definitely doesn't need to prove himself at L2 level, which is where he is likely to be playing if he remains with us next season.

Tangled up in blue.

Humphrys on 20:31 - Apr 7 with 3439 viewsEllDale

Don’t know if it’s coincidence or not but a fairly lavish and professional compilation of Humphrys highlights has just surfaced on Twitter.....
Humphrys on 20:59 - Apr 7 with 3393 viewsblackdogblue

Humphrys on 20:16 - Apr 7 by AtThePeake

He's scored 10 goals in 24 starts for the worst team in L1 this season, and perhaps more impressively there have been very different types of goals - free-kicks, headers, great solo efforts and poachers finishes. He definitely doesn't need to prove himself at L2 level, which is where he is likely to be playing if he remains with us next season.

24/38... not good & Calvin has scored 1/1 for Barrow.. sign him up again 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Humphrys on 21:01 - Apr 7 with 3388 viewsTVOS1907

Humphrys on 20:59 - Apr 7 by blackdogblue

24/38... not good & Calvin has scored 1/1 for Barrow.. sign him up again 😀

1/3 actually

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Humphrys on 21:20 - Apr 7 with 3346 viewsnordenblue

Humphrys on 19:55 - Apr 7 by kel

Lee Machiavelli?

*grown man playing silly word games*

Awww that's just evil
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024