Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro’s 20:34 - Apr 8 with 2129 viewsShun

If all players were fit what would your preferred XI be for the upcoming tournament? I’d go with something like:

________________Pope________________
_TAA____Stones________Maguire___Shaw_
_______________Rice________________
______Foden___________Mount________
__Rashford______Kane_______Grealish___

I’d consider swapping Alexander-Arnold for someone more defensively sound against the more offensive teams. And I’d alternate Rashford and Sterling based on form, although the former edges it at present.
Euro’s on 20:52 - Apr 8 with 2091 viewsboromat

------------------Pope
Trippier Stones Maguire Shaw
--------------Rice Phillips
-----Mount Grealish Foden
----------------Kane

-------------------Pope
TAA Walker Stones Maguire Shaw
-------Henderson Philips Rice
-------------Kane Sterling

Depends who we're playing and which formation but I like these two line ups one more offensive the other when we need to keep it tight. Maybe Rashford instead of Sterling in the second one close call.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Euro’s on 21:03 - Apr 8 with 2062 viewsjudd

Dawson

Poll: What is it to be then?

Euro’s on 21:06 - Apr 8 with 2059 viewsTVOS1907

Euro’s on 21:03 - Apr 8 by judd

Dawson

Les?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Euro’s on 21:13 - Apr 8 with 2047 views442Dale

Can we pick a different manager too?

Bobby Robson.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Euro’s on 21:20 - Apr 8 with 2030 viewsjudd

Euro’s on 21:06 - Apr 8 by TVOS1907

Les?

I'm male

Euro’s on 21:22 - Apr 8 with 2025 viewsjudd

Euro’s on 21:13 - Apr 8 by 442Dale

Can we pick a different manager too?

Bobby Robson.

I know we inexplicably extend contracts when we are dead and buried, but come on...

Euro’s on 21:36 - Apr 8 with 2000 viewsTVOS1907

Euro’s on 21:20 - Apr 8 by judd

I'm male

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Euro’s on 21:42 - Apr 8 with 1987 viewsjudd

Euro’s on 21:36 - Apr 8 by TVOS1907

Is that Robbie Wakenshaw?

Login to get fewer ads

Euro’s on 21:46 - Apr 8 with 1985 viewsTVOS1907

Euro’s on 21:42 - Apr 8 by judd

Is that Robbie Wakenshaw?

No.

It's a cat.

Euro’s on 22:02 - Apr 8 with 1954 viewsD_Alien

Euro’s on 21:46 - Apr 8 by TVOS1907

No.

It's a cat.

It could be his Siamese twin

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Euro’s on 10:04 - Apr 9 with 1767 viewsAtThePeake

Like your team there Shun. Personally I'd go with Walker over Trent for the experience and the more defensive mindset, although it says a lot about how the game has changed in the last 5 or 6 years that I consider Walker a more defensive full-back than anyone really.

I'd also probably just edge Sterling in over Rashford. Partly because I think he's more suited to playing on the right than Rashford and partly because I'd fancy Rashford to make more of an impact from the bench whereas that's not really a role that Sterling is used to.

Tangled up in blue.

Euro’s on 11:02 - Apr 9 with 1717 viewsfunkkk

Stones, Maguire, Foden, Mount, Grealish and Kane would form the basis of my selection. I think the other players can change depending on opposition.

Sadly I don’t think Grealish will start any game of importance.

What I don’t want to see is two holding midfielders regardless of the opposition.
Euro’s on 12:54 - Apr 9 with 1659 viewsTipperaryDale

Euro’s on 10:04 - Apr 9 by AtThePeake

Like your team there Shun. Personally I'd go with Walker over Trent for the experience and the more defensive mindset, although it says a lot about how the game has changed in the last 5 or 6 years that I consider Walker a more defensive full-back than anyone really.

I'd also probably just edge Sterling in over Rashford. Partly because I think he's more suited to playing on the right than Rashford and partly because I'd fancy Rashford to make more of an impact from the bench whereas that's not really a role that Sterling is used to.

Spot on re Sterling over Rashford. Think he's got a good understanding with Kane as well. Number 10s, right and left forwards England are inundated with - it's central midfield towards the centre backs I see a problem with. Rice is great, but he's going to have a lot of work on if we play all those forwards.
Euro’s on 12:56 - Apr 9 with 1658 viewsD_Alien

Not convinced by Pope. He lacks international experience at club level but that wouldn't be so much of a hindrance except he doesn't seem to dominate his area either. Trouble is, we're struggling for alternatives too. It's a shame Fraser Forster didn't make more of his career although seems to be back in good form for Saints. Think there's room for someone else to grab their chance between the sticks

Stones remains a liability which, at the very highest level, you simply shouldn't be having to think about. Thought Mings might step up but he's started making errors too; again, need someone else to step up

Agree with funkk about the direness of playing two holding midfielders. If we had two great players then fair enough, but as things stand ours are bang average at international level. Would prefer Henderson to Rice, when fit

Rashford showed last night why he's got an edge on Sterling but also seems more injury-prone, so inclined to agree with ATP about his best option being as impact sub

Finally, Reece James at RB

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024