Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elyounoussi 23:32 - Apr 10 with 1154 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56563703

He seems to have really flourished in Scotland. Ok, it's a much easier league, but could he have developed into a good player and full of confidence? I assume he is due to come back to Saints in the summer. He might be worth keeping?
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 23:35]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Elyounoussi on 23:56 - Apr 10 with 1119 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

F**k him, he's lightweight - a terrible signing on a 5 year contract.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Elyounoussi on 08:55 - Apr 11 with 983 viewsSaintNick

Elyounoussi on 23:56 - Apr 10 by Gennaro_Contaldo

F**k him, he's lightweight - a terrible signing on a 5 year contract.

Not sure he has impressed that much, Celtic fans seem unconvinced at times, when they play the lower clubs he can be a fast track bully as they say in cricket and show his talent, but when the chips are down he fails to produce too often, for that matter so does Mario Lemina

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Elyounoussi on 09:19 - Apr 11 with 957 viewsNumber_58

Elyounoussi on 08:55 - Apr 11 by SaintNick

Not sure he has impressed that much, Celtic fans seem unconvinced at times, when they play the lower clubs he can be a fast track bully as they say in cricket and show his talent, but when the chips are down he fails to produce too often, for that matter so does Mario Lemina

Some Celtic fans weren't that bothered about losing Stuart Armstrong (and Scotland still don't seem to rate him) so I'm not sure how much faith we can put in opinions north of the border. Interestingly, if ME hadnt ever joined Saints but was now being linked with us, would we all be getting excited about the prospect of him coming here, bearing in mind the value we've got out of Forster, VVD, Big Vic and Armstrong?
Elyounoussi on 09:37 - Apr 11 with 925 viewsSaintNick

Elyounoussi on 09:19 - Apr 11 by Number_58

Some Celtic fans weren't that bothered about losing Stuart Armstrong (and Scotland still don't seem to rate him) so I'm not sure how much faith we can put in opinions north of the border. Interestingly, if ME hadnt ever joined Saints but was now being linked with us, would we all be getting excited about the prospect of him coming here, bearing in mind the value we've got out of Forster, VVD, Big Vic and Armstrong?

Good points about the players we have got from Celtic before, the problem for Elyounoussi is that we are well stocked in the positions he can play

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Elyounoussi on 11:10 - Apr 11 with 860 viewskingslandstand1

Elyounoussi on 09:19 - Apr 11 by Number_58

Re Armstrong, I work with 3 Celtic fans (albeit remotely right now!), but at the time we were first interested in him they were all relieved that he stayed with them for another year or so but expected the inevitable when a Prem club come looking and although pleased for him were quite peed off that he left. They continued to watch out for him and were surprised he didn't make such an immediate impact, but are not at all surprised he is getting the plaudits now

I see Soccer Saturday were trying to sell him to Arsenal for us yesterday along with Danny, JWP and Vestergard! Not all to Arsenal although Merson did say that all of them would walk in to the Arsenal team right now!

As far as Elyounoussi goes, they would take him or leave him. Shines at times, disappears at other but he's not really a Prem player. Flattered to deceive
Elyounoussi on 11:49 - Apr 11 with 830 viewsTimSaint

He is right up there with some of the biggest mistake signings we have ever made.

£16m fee and allegedly £60k a week, on a 5 year deal from summer 2018.

He and the likes of Lemina and Hoedt, are the reason we are haemorrhaging money - players that don't play for us, but we have paid big transfer fees for them and pay at least 75% of their wages - so they can benefit other clubs !!

Moi has made just 16 appearances for Saints.

To suggest he is now flourishing in Scotland and could come back to Saints is bizarre. We bought him as an established player with Champions League experience and goals and he should have slotted straight into our team. He should most certainly not have needed 2 years in a weak Scottish League with goals against the likes of Livingstone, in order to prove himself.

Let's see what happens in the summer. If he is as good as suggested, he will come back to Saints and get straight back into the squad. If not, we will be forced to sell him cheaply - due to his transfer value dropping and high wages, or we will be forced to loan him out again for the remaining 2 years of his contract, in an attempt to recoup £10k a week on his £60k a week wages. Then once his contract is up, he'll be after his loyalty bonus !! I think we all know what path will be taken.

TimSaint

Elyounoussi on 12:00 - Apr 11 with 813 viewsSadoldgit

The guy has shown that he can play at International level and Champions League level but not everyone suits the Premier League. Good luck to him at Celtic. Nice to see him get MotM the other day.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 22:32]
Elyounoussi on 14:39 - Apr 11 with 726 viewssaint22

It’s flat track bully and we don’t need any more wingers who have good and bad days
Login to get fewer ads

Elyounoussi on 15:03 - Apr 11 with 712 viewsSaintsforeverj

But ME will be a free so to speak, as he is already our player. No doubt Walcott will stay, we have Djenepo, Redmond but Minamino will likely go back. ME is putting in quite a few MOTM performances and scoring goals. I'm saying it might be worth giving him a chance, rather than bringing in another Minamino at a cost, who is no better. Is there not the slightest chance that he might have improved and might be useful to us? This is assuming Celtic don't buy him, which I doubt they will. FF is another example of a player who suddenly got good after being up there.

Here is an article about this exact issue. I hope he isn't Ings replacement, but he has been useful up there.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballfancast.com/southampton-fc-news/southam
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 15:46]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024