Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Has Visited The Pub 12:02 - Apr 14 with 1796 viewsSaintNick

Who has popped into the pub this week and what was the experience like

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who Has Visited The Pub on 12:04 - Apr 14 with 1796 viewsgeezershoong1

Can't be arsed with the queuing, demanding of my personal details which are on full display on bits of paper for all to see. The most annoying aspect is bar staff who now feel they have been bestowed some position of power where they are like some kind of Covid Marshalls.

I also won't use any establishment that asks for proof of vaccine.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Who Has Visited The Pub on 15:04 - Apr 14 with 1708 viewsSalisburySaint

not yet, in no great rush
Who Has Visited The Pub on 17:26 - Apr 14 with 1641 views1teeminants

Yep good atmosphere. I went to the local last night.Had a nice meal and a few beers, didn’t stay too long as it was cold though but despite this It was busy and everyone was in good spirits including the staff. We had booked a table but people were turning up and getting seated.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 17:28]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Who Has Visited The Pub on 17:45 - Apr 14 with 1621 viewsdarthvader

Not really bothered with the pubs atm .

Havent been drinking since xmas and, although im sure once its warmer and the cider starts calling me , i dont miss it

So giving them a miss........for now

keep the faith coyr

Who Has Visited The Pub on 18:13 - Apr 14 with 1594 views1ASIN12

No not yet, like others have said not in any rush,

The jumping through hoops to get a beer at the moment and then being (or made to feel ) like a criminal and then sitting outsid in the cold - its just not worth it .
Who Has Visited The Pub on 18:43 - Apr 14 with 1571 viewssolent_toffee

I think I’m officially a fair weather drinker, the thought of sitting outside in the freezing cold just doesn’t appeal at the moment.

The equivalent of not being able to do it on on cold Tuesday night in Stoke, so to speak.
Who Has Visited The Pub on 18:47 - Apr 14 with 1558 viewsTripleNiemi

Not yet and no plans to if i am honest. Whilst i can appreciate the predicament pubs are facing, for me i prefer the spontaneous approach of walking into a boozer on the fly and standing at a bar / chatting to new people possibly never met before. Think i will be holding off for a little while yet......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Who Has Visited The Pub on 18:47 - Apr 14 with 1558 viewsSaintsforeverj

No. Having to ask when to go the loo, can't leave your seat, can't go to the bar, cold outside, wear a mask to pay your bill, a load of screaming, feeling deprived hard done by jollies having kittens because they are allowed out - nah will wait until May 17th, when you can walk in and out freely. But, anyone who chooses to accept these conditions, should accept the rules or don't go. So I feel for the pub owners having to act as Covid martials.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 18:51]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Who Has Visited The Pub on 19:33 - Apr 14 with 1506 viewssolent_toffee

Who Has Visited The Pub on 18:47 - Apr 14 by Saintsforeverj

No. Having to ask when to go the loo, can't leave your seat, can't go to the bar, cold outside, wear a mask to pay your bill, a load of screaming, feeling deprived hard done by jollies having kittens because they are allowed out - nah will wait until May 17th, when you can walk in and out freely. But, anyone who chooses to accept these conditions, should accept the rules or don't go. So I feel for the pub owners having to act as Covid martials.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 18:51]

A pub near my dads has had to close already two days in after crowds ignored the six to a group, social distancing rules, became abusive to staff etc. It will be interesting to see what happens at the weekend when the ‘get on it’ brigade hit town for the first time in while.
Who Has Visited The Pub on 19:47 - Apr 14 with 1495 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who Has Visited The Pub on 19:33 - Apr 14 by solent_toffee

A pub near my dads has had to close already two days in after crowds ignored the six to a group, social distancing rules, became abusive to staff etc. It will be interesting to see what happens at the weekend when the ‘get on it’ brigade hit town for the first time in while.

These people are so self-entitled and selfish. But we increasingly have a growing majority of mostly young people, who think that rules are somehow against their human rights. There is definitely a complete lack of respect for authority in an increasing section of society, so they abuse staff etc.

Like you say, let's see what happens at the weekend with the better weather. Problem is they will have to close all the pubs down again, if our people can't behave. And then those abiding by the rules have to suffer because of the idiots, like a lot of situations nowadays.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 19:50]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Who Has Visited The Pub on 20:24 - Apr 14 with 1463 viewskingolaf

Who Has Visited The Pub on 19:33 - Apr 14 by solent_toffee

Shoot them.
Who Has Visited The Pub on 22:21 - Apr 14 with 1392 viewsRonManager

Who Has Visited The Pub on 20:24 - Apr 14 by kingolaf

Shoot them.

I can remember when the internet was all fields

Who Has Visited The Pub on 22:31 - Apr 14 with 1378 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I don't see the point. Why pay £12 an average glass of wine when if you hunt around you can find some okay bottles for £9. Just seems a bit pointless.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Who Has Visited The Pub on 08:17 - Apr 15 with 1269 viewsSaintNick

Who Has Visited The Pub on 22:31 - Apr 14 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I don't see the point. Why pay £12 an average glass of wine when if you hunt around you can find some okay bottles for £9. Just seems a bit pointless.

Many people seem to have got used to drinking at home.

I'm not sure what bars you frequent but you wont find many in Southampton charging £12 for a glass of wine, but you are right you can have a bottle with 3-4 glasses in it for £9 and four 660ml bottles of premium beer for £6 if you stay at home £15 , in the pub thats about £45

Who Has Visited The Pub on 08:24 - Apr 15 with 1263 viewssolent_toffee

Who Has Visited The Pub on 08:17 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

I'm not sure what bars you frequent but you wont find many in Southampton charging £12 for a glass of wine, but you are right you can have a bottle with 3-4 glasses in it for £9 and four 660ml bottles of premium beer for £6 if you stay at home £15 , in the pub thats about £45

On Oxford Street, you’d be looking at close to £12 for a large glass of wine, over a tenner for a double spirit and mixer and close on to £6 for a pint of decent beer.

It will be interesting to see how much the pubs put their prices up in the next month or so. I can see why to an extent, but as you say people have got used to drinking at home and you’d struggle to justify spending the inflated prices on a regular basis.
Who Has Visited The Pub on 08:30 - Apr 15 with 1262 viewsSaintNick

Who Has Visited The Pub on 08:24 - Apr 15 by solent_toffee

On Oxford Street, you’d be looking at close to £12 for a large glass of wine, over a tenner for a double spirit and mixer and close on to £6 for a pint of decent beer.

It will be interesting to see how much the pubs put their prices up in the next month or so. I can see why to an extent, but as you say people have got used to drinking at home and you’d struggle to justify spending the inflated prices on a regular basis.

Sadly my days of being a trendy on Oxford Street are over, difficult one for the pubs, do they go for putting the prices up but risk putting off drinkers or go for a low price structure to attract punters.

I think that initially many will go for the low pricing with the prices gradually rising

Who Has Visited The Pub on 09:07 - Apr 15 with 1241 viewssolent_toffee

Who Has Visited The Pub on 08:30 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

Sadly my days of being a trendy on Oxford Street are over, difficult one for the pubs, do they go for putting the prices up but risk putting off drinkers or go for a low price structure to attract punters.

I think that initially many will go for the low pricing with the prices gradually rising

I think a lot of pubs will review their opening hours and maybe not open on Monday and Tuesday when it is normally quite quiet to keep their costs down.

Southampton city centre pubs don’t really get busy except for Thursday to Saturday, even Sunday’s weren’t as busy as they used to be.
Who Has Visited The Pub on 09:18 - Apr 15 with 1226 viewsKennington

No here too. It’s cold and in London far too busy. That said if anyone knows of an outdoor screen for Sunday I’d be very up for that.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Who Has Visited The Pub on 10:06 - Apr 15 with 1200 viewskingslandstand1

Who Has Visited The Pub on 20:24 - Apr 14 by kingolaf

Shoot them.

There may be consequences, but that would certainly alleviate the problem!
Who Has Visited The Pub on 10:10 - Apr 15 with 1199 viewsVagina_Dentata

Went to my local yesterday. Bar staff were great and I had a good time seeing my friends.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Who Has Visited The Pub on 12:47 - Apr 16 with 1025 viewsSadoldgit

We went on Monday which did me a favour in the end as I missed the game. We have a new landlord and landlady who took over the local during the first lockdown, which clearly wasn’t ideal for them. They have been working hard to get the place ready for their second opening so we thought we should show our faces on the first night. Although they had a few patio heaters they didn’t throw out much heat, we we had to fetch some blankets from home to keep warm. Apart from being bloody cold, the prices had gone up considerably too. On the plus side, the menu and food have improved. It was good to see the locals again although after a few drinks people were mixing and the rule of six was forgotten. They are closing at 9 at the moment but that just means that people are starting drinking earlier. We shall return, although we will wait until it gets warmer but we have lost the habit of a regular trip across the road now and adding in the price hike the visits will probably become less frequent now as it is so much cheaper (and safer) to drink at home.
Who Has Visited The Pub on 14:20 - Apr 16 with 986 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Who Has Visited The Pub on 08:17 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

I live in Fleet, bars/pubs are expensive here as it's a captive market. I mean yes, you can find a small glass of wine for £7 potentially, but it'll be crap. Last time I went out anyway was in London where I was being charged £17 for a glass of wine ...

But yes more people are definitely used to drinking at home with prices accordingly. Take Majestic - if you spend £150+ on wine and beer, they'll do free named day delivery. That is incredible and so easy!
What made me laugh were the people going out then appearing on the news moaning how expensive it was. Shock! haha

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Who Has Visited The Pub on 15:11 - Apr 16 with 965 viewsSadoldgit

The plonk in the local has gone up 25% since the latest lockdown. We are not in a town, in fact we are miles from anywhere. I appreciate that they need to make their money but they are risking putting off their regular local trade.
Who Has Visited The Pub on 21:32 - Apr 16 with 902 viewsWaylander

Went to my usual haunt this afternoon. Pretty busy but relaxed. My regular beer isn't available until next week so I need to go back and check on the quality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024