Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speakman statement 12:07 - Apr 14 with 15728 viewsfitzochris

From the club...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/april/statement_swindongame/

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Speakman statement on 12:14 - Apr 14 with 7475 viewsfunkkk

I tell you what, this is the first time my fiancée has ever taken an interest in all things Dale. I’m sure she can’t wait for the latest instalment of the soap opera she says is better than Corrie. If only it wasn’t so serious.
Speakman statement on 12:20 - Apr 14 with 7438 viewsD_Alien

It raises the question: are those parties interested in investing into the club, or specifically into the club under its current regime?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Speakman statement on 12:22 - Apr 14 with 7406 viewsSandyman

Have the talks with "highly interested" investors included the public offer from Chris Dunphy / the David Clough executors et al. If not, why not? Have they been invited to attend a game? One wonders if the CEO is courting potential investors to ensure his position at the club. That is if such investors exist.

There's a couple of thousand of us "offer support" to Rochdale AFC regularly, over many years, but we don't get asked as individuals to be "official Club Representatives" so we get to see a game. Don't recall the Speakmans being regulars at the COA, and haven't seen them away on a Tuesday night at Colchester, Barnet etc etc.

Edit: As the current board of directors is inquorate according to the club's articles of association, are they even in a position to approve any such investment without consulting the shareholders? Wonder if the "highly interested" investors are aware of the statement made by current investors Altman and Marcelli on Monday regarding the governance of RAFC? Sorry, asking more questions than good old James here, but it does make you think...
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 12:32]
Speakman statement on 12:29 - Apr 14 with 7365 viewsBrierls

Funny that those at the club can respond to things they have an 'oven baked' copy & paste statement courtesy of the EFL.

I can only come to the conclusion that they simply don't want to communicate answers to the Trust questions as they won't stand up to scrutiny.
Speakman statement on 12:44 - Apr 14 with 7213 viewselectricblue

How would the speakmans be classed as investors according to a bit of searching in 2020 they where only worth £1m.
So not much to invest really is there with their extravagant lifestyle..

Smacks of clutching at straws....

Oh and ive never heard of them....
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 12:46]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Speakman statement on 12:48 - Apr 14 with 7159 viewsTipperaryDale

Never heard of these until I googled them today. From the face of it, they look to be self-promoting, PR-driven 'celebrities' with a load of bumf about how good they are but without any actual accreditations or even qualifications. Seem like they would suit our dear CEO down to the ground.

Perhaps they've hypnotised him?
Speakman statement on 12:54 - Apr 14 with 7116 viewsdeeplishblue

Reminds me of Animal Farm.

All supporters are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Speakman statement on 13:04 - Apr 14 with 7023 viewsShun

Brave of them to invite potential investors to watch our home performances!
Login to get fewer ads

Speakman statement on 13:05 - Apr 14 with 7005 viewsjoecooke

Christ on a bike, who's next Uri Geller ?

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Speakman statement on 13:06 - Apr 14 with 6997 viewsBrierls

Speakman statement on 12:54 - Apr 14 by deeplishblue

It reminds me of Animal Farm because they are fcuking chickens.
Speakman statement on 13:07 - Apr 14 with 6986 viewskel

We’re going full on bury here aren’t we? Absolutely embarrassing all this.
Speakman statement on 13:11 - Apr 14 with 6926 viewsDaleFan7

Speakman statement on 13:07 - Apr 14 by kel

Was going to say, we're going to get into the territory of Steve Dale ramblings coming out of the club soon.
Speakman statement on 13:13 - Apr 14 with 6912 viewsNigeriamark

Speakman statement on 12:44 - Apr 14 by electricblue

How would the speakmans be classed as investors according to a bit of searching in 2020 they where only worth £1m.

It depends what is meant by investment. Is it Sponsorship, a donation ( I wish), a loan with very generous terms, or an investment where a good return is invested

Looking at the statement from the American investors, I for one am glad they have gone, it was Bury-esque in delusion. After exceptional items Dale seem to be a tiny business of no more than 4 - 5 million and always running at a loss on normal business. How is a multi-million training facility going to even guarantee the interest payments if the investors want a return?

I think we need to be wary & clarify what people are bringing. with "investments". Sponsorships are great, we get money, they get publicity, some free meals hospitality arrangements etc & the club creams off the profit. Investments with interest & expected return are at the other end of the spectrum, disaster in waiting

Didn't bury have a "guaranteed" profitable hotel and conference centre in the pipeline to build on their actual high profit car park sale & their guaranteed cash from easily putting on summer rock concerts? I wonder how that all turned out. Didn't we have a long Bury thread mocking multi million pound investments as delusional?
Speakman statement on 13:18 - Apr 14 with 6864 viewsLaveritty

Agree 100% - it just keeps getting more and more bizarre and the disconnect grows wider with every new revelation.

It is getting to the point where I feel I am actually starting to hate my club for what it is turning into!

The lunatics have taken over the asylum!

For the sake of the club - PLEASE GO NOW and close the door and turn off the lights when you leave!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Speakman statement on 13:19 - Apr 14 with 6864 viewsYadHoDale

Speakman statement on 12:54 - Apr 14 by deeplishblue

Very much like Animal Farm, except Napoleon has returned to St Helena (Or is it St Helier), Snowball is looking to return from exile (hopefully icepick-free) and Squealer is proving to be a fairly inept executive..
Speakman statement on 13:21 - Apr 14 with 6844 viewsBigKindo

The big difference being Rochdale AFC started with money in the bank whereas allegedly Bury didn't.
Speakman statement on 13:22 - Apr 14 with 6833 viewsjoecooke

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Speakman statement on 13:27 - Apr 14 with 6786 viewsstandale

Speakman statement on 12:44 - Apr 14 by electricblue

i bet your brother as.
Speakman statement on 13:30 - Apr 14 with 6757 viewsD_Alien

Speakman statement on 13:13 - Apr 14 by Nigeriamark

It depends what is meant by investment. Is it Sponsorship, a donation ( I wish), a loan with very generous terms, or an investment where a good return is invested

Looking at the statement from the American investors, I for one am glad they have gone, it was Bury-esque in delusion. After exceptional items Dale seem to be a tiny business of no more than 4 - 5 million and always running at a loss on normal business. How is a multi-million training facility going to even guarantee the interest payments if the investors want a return?

I think we need to be wary & clarify what people are bringing. with "investments". Sponsorships are great, we get money, they get publicity, some free meals hospitality arrangements etc & the club creams off the profit. Investments with interest & expected return are at the other end of the spectrum, disaster in waiting

Didn't bury have a "guaranteed" profitable hotel and conference centre in the pipeline to build on their actual high profit car park sale & their guaranteed cash from easily putting on summer rock concerts? I wonder how that all turned out. Didn't we have a long Bury thread mocking multi million pound investments as delusional?

"I for one am glad they have gone"

They haven't gone anywhere, simply put their interest on hold

Speakman statement on 13:37 - Apr 14 with 6717 views49thseason

Exeter once had Uri Geller bending things at their club so I guess having the Speakmans getting rid of snake phobias and fear of flying in the Rochdale squad might be quite useful. I recall one of the sheffield clubs had Tony Robbins working with them for a few days and they then went on a huge unbeaten run shortly afterwards, so maybe the Speakmans can have a similar impact?
Speakman statement on 13:37 - Apr 14 with 6716 viewskel

Speakman statement on 13:21 - Apr 14 by BigKindo

The big difference being Rochdale AFC started with money in the bank whereas allegedly Bury didn't.

I’m referring more to the comedy element. We’re a laughing stock.
Speakman statement on 13:40 - Apr 14 with 6696 viewsjudd

No coincidence there's a damning Supporters Trust statement been released today, eh?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Speakman statement on 13:52 - Apr 14 with 6613 viewsjudd

"Nik and Eva Speakman were invited as official Club Representatives, due to their offer of support to Rochdale AFC."

It will be interesting to hear what this offer of support is.

"As reported on Monday, the Board of Directors are working to secure outside investment for Rochdale AFC and as a result have met with several serious investors over the past few months.

The Board have now reached a key stage with a number of highly interested parties, including a group of investors, who attended last night’s game along with the Speakmans"

Are the Speakmans "serious investors", a "highly interested" party, or just "and the Speakmans"?

Were they a group of investors or potential investors?

"The majority of those in attendance travel separately to the ground, to minimise the risk of spreading Coronavirus, which is why the car park is still in full use on a matchday."

Hmmm. The majority of cars I saw arrive (granted, not as many as were on the car park when I got there) were multiple occupancy, including 3 4x4s of 4, 2 and 2, and the Speakmans Hummer x 2. Not done much for any carbon neutral footprint claims neither.

The last car going in as I left was 2 youths.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Speakman statement on 13:53 - Apr 14 with 6609 viewsNigeriamark

Speakman statement on 13:30 - Apr 14 by D_Alien

"I for one am glad they have gone"

They haven't gone anywhere, simply put their interest on hold

I meant gone as in gone from potentially being on the board & in a position of real influence for their investment ideas.
Speakman statement on 13:55 - Apr 14 with 6597 viewsD_Alien

Speakman statement on 13:53 - Apr 14 by Nigeriamark

I meant gone as in gone from potentially being on the board & in a position of real influence for their investment ideas.

They're still potentially future board members

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024