Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread 14:29 - Apr 17 with 9253 views442Dale

Although it’ll mean they will go above us by a point, we could really do with Swindon winning this.

A Wimbledon win would be a six point gap again, which would possibly be a bridge too far.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 14:38 - Apr 17 with 3434 viewsJames1980

Draw wouldn't be so bad we would still be above Swindon and Wimbledon only 4 points ahead of us

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 14:57 - Apr 17 with 3375 viewsTVOS1907

The gap (to 20th) will be five points if Wimbledon win, as they'll go above Wigan.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 15:00 - Apr 17 with 3360 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 14:57 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

The gap (to 20th) will be five points if Wimbledon win, as they'll go above Wigan.

Good point! Though have almost ruled Wigan out of it for now (unless they lose the next couple) and factoring in that we have Wimbledon to play.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 15:02 - Apr 17 with 3345 viewsrich_dale

Best result would be a Swindon win - need the gap to safety to be as small as possible
AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 17:54 - Apr 17 with 3014 viewsTVOS1907

1-0 to AFC Wimbledon

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:00 - Apr 17 with 2969 viewsSuddenLad

2-0 Wimbledon

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:14 - Apr 17 with 2881 views442Dale

As we stand, could be looking at four wins from last five required or three wins and two draws.

Either way, if we stay up it will have been title winning form over the final seven games.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:24 - Apr 17 with 2815 viewsD_Alien

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:14 - Apr 17 by 442Dale

As we stand, could be looking at four wins from last five required or three wins and two draws.

Either way, if we stay up it will have been title winning form over the final seven games.

I must admit i'm finding this sudden resurgence in optimism about our prospects (don't mean by you) pretty annoying

Apart from the odd away win and high-scoring home draw, it's been pretty much wall-to-wall dross for the past seven months, and whilst many of us having been saying all along that we needed to be playing in the manner that's been revived from previous backs-to-the-wall campaigns, the fact that it's now being proven to be far more effective shouldn't ever allow any escape by BBM from the opprobrium that his previous obstinacy warrants

He can do one, whatever happens

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:37 - Apr 17 with 2739 views49thseason

Hopefully we have now put the tippy tappy backwards football firmly in the rear view mirror. I can't see us replacing the manager any time soon simply from a cost pespective so I think we are heading in L2 with the same management team unless we win all of our remaining games. I guess getting fans into the Stadia is now the critical decision, if it doesnt happen we are in deep, deep shite both as a club and a professional sport at the lower levels at least.
AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:38 - Apr 17 with 2734 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:24 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

I must admit i'm finding this sudden resurgence in optimism about our prospects (don't mean by you) pretty annoying

Apart from the odd away win and high-scoring home draw, it's been pretty much wall-to-wall dross for the past seven months, and whilst many of us having been saying all along that we needed to be playing in the manner that's been revived from previous backs-to-the-wall campaigns, the fact that it's now being proven to be far more effective shouldn't ever allow any escape by BBM from the opprobrium that his previous obstinacy warrants

He can do one, whatever happens

May as well copy some of the post from the other thread rather than type pretty much the same things again:

On going long from goalkeeper to Beesley...

We don’t often go that long, and nor should we only when required, the main thing is we get the ball into the opposition half and play from there. It’s no coincidence that is exactly what we’ve done the last two games and looked to progress into the penalty area, such a small change in the direction of play is the reason we are able to look threatening as has been shown when we’ve won games over the season. That we haven’t done that consistently is not down to personnel and injuries (the last two games prove that) or that other clubs have much better resources, but because we haven’t learnt what we are good at and looked to mould our play to that regularly.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:44 - Apr 17 with 2653 viewsD_Alien

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:38 - Apr 17 by 442Dale

May as well copy some of the post from the other thread rather than type pretty much the same things again:

On going long from goalkeeper to Beesley...

We don’t often go that long, and nor should we only when required, the main thing is we get the ball into the opposition half and play from there. It’s no coincidence that is exactly what we’ve done the last two games and looked to progress into the penalty area, such a small change in the direction of play is the reason we are able to look threatening as has been shown when we’ve won games over the season. That we haven’t done that consistently is not down to personnel and injuries (the last two games prove that) or that other clubs have much better resources, but because we haven’t learnt what we are good at and looked to mould our play to that regularly.

Quite, but already there are hints of revisionism in finding ourselves in with a chance of an escape, when it's all so unnecessary and i find it hard to stomach. I've no doubt some would hail BBM a hero if we stay in L1, when in fact he's the villain for putting our status in jeopardy, and will remain so as far as i'm concerned

[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 18:46]

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:48 - Apr 17 with 2614 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:44 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

Quite, but already there are hints of revisionism in finding ourselves in with a chance of an escape, when it's all so unnecessary and i find it hard to stomach. I've no doubt some would hail BBM a hero if we stay in L1, when in fact he's the villain for putting our status in jeopardy, and will remain so as far as i'm concerned

Can’t disagree that this is all on the management team for our current position and there’s nobody who could convince me that we shouldn’t already be safe around where Shrewsbury/Burton are.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:54 - Apr 17 with 2571 viewsmikehunt

4-0 Got to win all our games now, methinks

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:58 - Apr 17 with 2540 viewsjudd

Absolutely spot on.

4 consecutive seasons of utter dross football with the occasional decent league performance and exciting cup tie.

Poll: What is it to be then?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:21 - Apr 17 with 2442 viewsTVOS1907

I think, in the main, the reaction from supporters has still been quite realistic.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:30 - Apr 17 with 2393 viewsD_Alien

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:21 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

I think, in the main, the reaction from supporters has still been quite realistic.

In the main, perhaps; but nowt like a pre-emptive strike!

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:34 - Apr 17 with 2378 viewsdingdangblue

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:54 - Apr 17 by mikehunt

4-0 Got to win all our games now, methinks

The way they are playing Wimbledon away looks like our toughest ask. It's the 1 we NEED to win too.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:49 - Apr 17 with 2280 viewsNorthernDale

I will not and never hold BBM as a hero, he is to blame for the mess, we will need to win 4 and draw 1 of the remaining games to have a chance of survival.

Wimbledon remaining fixtures:
Oxford (H), Ipswich (A), The Dale (H), Portsmouth (H), Lincoln (A) - potentially some difficult games.

Wigan:
Shrewsbury (A), Burton (H), Hull (A), Swindon (H) - besides Hull, the other games are not that hard.

I
AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:16 - Apr 17 with 2175 viewsSaxonDale

Did we change our style much today? Yes, we were certainly more effective at it but I’d put that down more to the improved individual performances of many of our forward players. In fact I’d argue today was the best demonstration of what BBM has been trying to achieve for 2 years (why he hasn’t managed to do so is another conversation.)
AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:17 - Apr 17 with 2173 viewsdingdangblue

Got to hope Oxford can do us a favour on Tuesday - and we have to do our bit by somehow beating Blackpool (they must be due 1).
It would be a great time to get a fit Humphrys back into the team. Has BBM been asked post match about his progress?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:19 - Apr 17 with 2166 viewsTVOS1907

Sheridan has resigned now

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:20 - Apr 17 with 2161 viewsDalenet

Yep BBM is to blame through consistently poor tactics.

Yes we can blame injuries, blame not having a recognised left back, not being able to compete for new signings due to budgets. But BBM has made some silly tactical mistakes, including letting the team sit deep to try and defend a point, or not using subs when it was clear somebody was struggling. We have even conceded this season because we haven't even had a sub ready when one of our players was off injured.

If we hadn't rolled over at Gillingham, hadn't let Peterborough equalise in the 90+ minute, same with Oxford at home I seem to recall, we would have been 3 or 4 points ahead of where we are. We'd still have been shite all season, but still in with a shout of survival as we go into the final games. This was all so unnecessary.

So BBM where do we go from here? You have 5 games left to prove that we might have a chance in League Two or that we might be entertained. Or do we whimper off now and lose 1000 Daleys in next season.
AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:24 - Apr 17 with 2142 viewsncfc_chalky

Bloody hell,if you Daleys are this miseable about a important 3-1 win then God knows what it will be like on here if you get relegated

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:31 - Apr 17 with 2086 viewsD_Alien

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:24 - Apr 17 by ncfc_chalky

Bloody hell,if you Daleys are this miseable about a important 3-1 win then God knows what it will be like on here if you get relegated

It's great to see us winning, but you know very well if you've followed us as closely as you seem to have done that there was no need for this late resurgence, almost certainly to just fall short of survival. That's why it's so f*cking annoying

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:33 - Apr 17 with 2078 viewsJames1980

Shouldn't how well a manager performs in a season. (note I say season) be judge on 46 games. Had we been safe now because we had 4 wins and a draw earlier in the season but lost the last 5 games. Would you still be calling for a change of manager?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024