Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Super League 16:39 - Apr 18 with 10886 views442Dale

https://news.sky.com/story/european-super-league-plans-set-to-be-announced-six-e

Things are about to get messy.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

European Super League on 17:04 - Apr 18 with 4865 viewsjoecooke

Hopefully it never gets off the ground. Dreadful idea.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

European Super League on 17:35 - Apr 18 with 4815 viewsfunkkk

I can’t see it happening, it’s just a power play by greedy club owners chasing ££‘s.

I don’t think I’d even be upset if it happened, to be honest, it’d finally give me the kick up the arse to turn off the TV.
European Super League on 17:36 - Apr 18 with 4804 views442Dale

It sounds like clubs have already signed up to it. Complete disregard for the game and their supporters.

European Super League on 17:42 - Apr 18 with 4790 viewsfunkkk

It’s pretty funny reading the Premier League & Uefa’s joint statement; two organisations who preside over competitions built on greed.
European Super League on 20:42 - Apr 18 with 4522 viewsEllDale

The way in which SKY are allowing their pundits to savage the notion of this proposed new competition makes you suspect that they don’t have the broadcasting rights to it.
European Super League on 20:55 - Apr 18 with 4467 views442Dale

European Super League on 20:42 - Apr 18 by EllDale

The way in which SKY are allowing their pundits to savage the notion of this proposed new competition makes you suspect that they don’t have the broadcasting rights to it.

While some are already pointing out the hypocrisy of Sky and Neville etc, don’t let that prevent that they are at least trying to illustrate that this move is actually against the whole point of the game: if you do well on the field, you gain rewards.

Sheff Utd may have crashed and burned over the last year, but they went from drawing at home to us to knocking on the door of Champions League places. For all the mistakes made over the last thirty years and the way the game has changed (I don’t think it’s for the better, but many might), it remained a simple world to compete at the top. Of course money played a massive part, but games had to be won on the pitch and that’s why Barnsley got to the Premier League before they appointed two of our managers. It’s why Wigan and Swansea moved up to the highest level and winning cups at Wembley, after beating Graham Barrow sides on the way to promotion.

Proper fans of those involved should want no part of this. There is no competition. It’s no different to a pre-season tournament on the other side of the world, only with a few more games.

European Super League on 23:19 - Apr 18 with 4293 viewsdale5758

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1771514643031862

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

European Super League on 23:27 - Apr 18 with 4273 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56795811

Confirmed.

Already stories coming out that the clubs will not only be barred from European competition next season but their own domestic leagues.

Login to get fewer ads

European Super League on 23:36 - Apr 18 with 4247 viewsnordenblue

European Super League on 23:27 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Confirmed.

Already stories coming out that the clubs will not only be barred from European competition next season but their own domestic leagues.

Not sure they're prepared for the backlash this will now create, not surprised one bit it sums top level football up to perfection
European Super League on 23:59 - Apr 18 with 4209 viewsSandyman

bury will of course be founder members.
European Super League on 00:29 - Apr 19 with 4166 viewsDaleFan7

European Super League on 23:27 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Confirmed.

No chance the PL will kick its 6 biggest teams out. They'd lose too much money.
European Super League on 00:34 - Apr 19 with 4163 views442Dale

European Super League on 00:29 - Apr 19 by DaleFan7

They most certainly will if this carries on. Plus most of their own fans won’t bother turning up.
Can’t see how they can see this through as it would be like restarting their clubs with managers and players possibly wanting out too.

Edit: stories of European competition this season being suspended not confirmed.
Let’s see what they come up with when they agree to talk again to UEFA...
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 0:44]

European Super League on 07:09 - Apr 19 with 4005 viewsheywooddale

European Super League on 00:29 - Apr 19 by DaleFan7

If they go through with participating in a competition that isn't FIFA/UEFA/FA sanctioned, they won't have a choice. Those clubs membership to the FA will be revoked and as much as the Prem has lots of power, it's still a FA sanctioned competition.
European Super League on 07:13 - Apr 19 with 4002 viewsdavidab2202

Whilst this has been rumoured for years,one of the things all clubs moan about is having to play to many games in a season.If my understanding is right they wish to play this "competition" as mid-week games yet stay in their domestic leagues . If the idea is to play the new league on a home and away basis it would add 20 to 30 extra league games(dependant on whether extra clubs join the original 12) in a season .Even if fans "embrace" the new idea the financial implication to the fan paying to go to the games may well become prohibitive. One can only assume a Broadcaster somewhere has shown interest to make it a viable proposition but again there must become a saturation point on what fans will be prepared to pay in T.V subscriptions.
European Super League on 08:13 - Apr 19 with 3943 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

It’s been mooted for years & is probably being used as leverage to extract more concessions from the PL, UEFA etc.
However I actually see it as an opportunity for clubs like dale, fans who have been turned off by the greed of the “big 6” could be lured elsewhere. Dale could find themselves in a fortuitous position (for once), if Utd & City jump ship they’ll alienate thousands of fans locally who, with aggressive advertising, could be persuaded to watch other, local clubs (“real football for real fans”)...
I personally believe that the major losers will be other PL & championship clubs who are already financially stretched in their attempts to stay in / join the PL bandwagon.
European Super League on 09:23 - Apr 19 with 3842 viewsSuddenLad

The players concerned could/will find themselves banned from any and all other FA/FIFA/UEFA competitive football including International representation for their respective countries.

If £££ are so important to them, leave them to it. I hope they choke on it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

European Super League on 09:46 - Apr 19 with 3816 viewselectricblue

European Super League on 08:13 - Apr 19 by Plattyswrinklynuts

It’s been mooted for years & is probably being used as leverage to extract more concessions from the PL, UEFA etc.
However I actually see it as an opportunity for clubs like dale, fans who have been turned off by the greed of the “big 6” could be lured elsewhere. Dale could find themselves in a fortuitous position (for once), if Utd & City jump ship they’ll alienate thousands of fans locally who, with aggressive advertising, could be persuaded to watch other, local clubs (“real football for real fans”)...
I personally believe that the major losers will be other PL & championship clubs who are already financially stretched in their attempts to stay in / join the PL bandwagon.

Supporters will moan at first and then they will be rushing to lap up the tickets just to watch their club in action...

Yes there will always be supporters wanting tickets..

I can see this European super league going ahead reason being is, if the domestic leagues FAs punish the clubs in some way and they will see it as no other option but to leave.....
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 11:40]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

European Super League on 10:10 - Apr 19 with 3788 viewsSuddenLad

Manchester United have now resigned from the European Club Association and Ed Woodward has resigned his role with UEFA.

The whole league structure will need to be reviewed if this comes to fruition. The Premier League will be anything but.

European Super League on 10:29 - Apr 19 with 3747 viewsBillyRudd

GREED UNITED V HYPOCRISY ACADEMICALS

The grand final, the ultimate power struggle between the foreign owned, sweat the assets, business men of the 6 verses the hypocrisy of the ruling bodies that have relentlessly pursued their own dilution of our National sport in pursuit of more and more money.
I have zero sympathy for any of them and really not that much interest as whatever the outcome it won,t be for giving the actual fans any thought. By fans (other than the old and infirm) I don,t mean armchair experts with a Sky subscription, I mean fans who actually stand on terraces.
The owners of the 6 have no regard for the history, tradition or supporters of the clubs they now own, other than lip service but they have been aided and abetted by the hypocrites in charge of the game over many years.
Premier league break away. Greed
Pricing, what the market will stand such that the working man with a family cannot afford it. Greed
Parachute payments making the football ladder an unfair competition for Championship clubs. Hypocrisy
24 hour football to sweat the assets allowed by the controlling bodies. Greed and Hypocracy.
Big clubs treating the F.A. Cup with contempt, playing inferior teams, meddling with replays, Man Utd piking off abroad to play in some competition nobody remembers. Greed and hypocrisy.
Programmes no longer a requirement. Hypocrisy that the ruling bodies care about our heritage.
Clubs off abroad pre-season to play anywhere but England to sweat the assets and then bleating there are to many games a season, then proposing this. Beggars belief.
Over the years making a mockery of the brilliant European Cup, a knockout for true National champions with the Champions League, another meaningless pursuit of money for also rans. Greed and Hypocrisy.
Who will win this battle for power to have the longest snout in the trough? Don,t know and frankly don,t care as the game has already been ruined for me. Whoever wins, it will have nothing to do with the integrity of the game and have everything to do with controlling the purse strings.
Up the Dale
ps Has our pursuit of a "Sporting Director" been put on hold as DB awaits our invite to join the Super Elite?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 10:33]
European Super League on 10:39 - Apr 19 with 3709 viewsSuddenLad

All the German elite clubs have refused to have anything to do with it.

European Super League on 10:47 - Apr 19 with 3697 viewsDaleFan7

Germany have a model where fans own the majority share in clubs so there's no chance they'd vote for something like that regardless.
European Super League on 10:47 - Apr 19 with 3700 viewsBillyRudd

European Super League on 10:39 - Apr 19 by SuddenLad

All the German elite clubs have refused to have anything to do with it.

My understanding of the voting structure (by law) of German clubs effectively negated the option. Happy to be corrected if wrong. Something about fans organisations having deciding votes over commercial share entities.
European Super League on 10:59 - Apr 19 with 3682 viewsBigDaveMyCock

European Super League on 09:46 - Apr 19 by electricblue

Supporters will moan at first and then they will be rushing to lap up the tickets just to watch their club in action...

Yes there will always be supporters wanting tickets..

I can see this European super league going ahead reason being is, if the domestic leagues FAs punish the clubs in some way and they will see it as no other option but to leave.....
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 11:40]

I’m not sure they will. There is actually relatively little enthusiasm for Champions League or Europa League group games where there is nothing to be decided on the night. The Super League will for the most part be effectively this on a loop for much of the time. The restriction on competition (it’s effectively a closed shop) takes away relegation, the excitement of newly promoted teams, facing clubs from different leagues in cups and the competition for European spots.
There’s a real risk of it being very repetitive with many games having little meaning.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

European Super League on 11:08 - Apr 19 with 3660 views49thseason

If this goes ahead, it would be a good time to split L1 &2 into L1North and L1 South. All the traipsing up and down the country is a financial and footballing nonsense in the sense that players are getting back for a Tuesday night match at Plymouth at 4am or facing two nights in hotels and when two regional divisions would attract bigger crowds with less travelling. ...
And, there may not be any need for relegations this year!
European Super League on 14:26 - Apr 19 with 3374 viewswatford_dale

Think most of this is financially driven to address the alarming finances at most of the clubs:
Real Madrid - 700m euro in debt
Barcelona - £1bn euro in debt
Atletico Madrid - perennially in debt
Inter Milan - don't have the finances to compete in europe/keep up with Conte's demands
Juventus - don't have the financial clout in the European market. They were the second richest club in the world before the cash for scudetto's scandal
AC Milan - just recently cleared their debt

Man U - in debt and American owned who will want a large slice of the cash.
Man C - petroleum owned, don't need the money
Chelsea - oligarch owned, don't need the money
Liverpool - owners are American, who have decided that their sports clubs (Liverpool and Boston Red Sox) need to become sustainable, which has resulted in a reduction in wage bills or reduced transfer spending and will will want a large slice of the cash.
Spurs - no idea why they are here but they now need the severance cash.
Arsenal - American owned and will want a large slice of the cash.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024