Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread 13:11 - Apr 21 with 5531 viewsSaintNick

For all the opinion up to and during the game

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Apr 21 with 1209 viewsdirk_doone

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:03 - Apr 21 by ElijahK

Well it’s not like Redmonds any better, I mean he was just as bad as those two when we played Leicester
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 20:04]

Minamino, not Diallo, was the obvious replacement for Ings. Diallo was the totally wrong choice of sub.

We had 3 players there today who were absolute rubbish: Walcott, Djenepo and Diallo.They did more for Spurs than they did for us.

As for "we played well", that only applies to when Ings was on the pitch. As soon as he went off, we looked as bad as we did against West Brom.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 20:12]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Apr 21 with 1188 views1885_SFC

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Apr 21 by Heisenberg

Oh shut up. We played well and could have got a point. We won’t go down ffs grow a pair. I’m just done with all this. VAR and clubs like Spurs who one day decide they want to leave the league and the next day don’t. When Lovren tweets about greed in football like some wise sage I know my time is up. I’m done with it.

Yep. Poor old Spurs without their beloved King Kane one day. The next day it's dirty, greedy Spurs for selling their soul for the Euro cash. Following day it's commentators jizzing in their pants when they win as it keeps a media darling London team fighting for the top four.

To cap it all - they then ask Gareth Bale after the game, of all people, his thoughts on the European Super League... to which he grins like a coont with his reply - all the while evading answering the question.

WALOB

Old School is Cool

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:10 - Apr 21 with 1154 viewssaint22

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Apr 21 by dirk_doone

Minamino, not Diallo, was the obvious replacement for Ings. Diallo was the totally wrong choice of sub.

We had 3 players there today who were absolute rubbish: Walcott, Djenepo and Diallo.They did more for Spurs than they did for us.

As for "we played well", that only applies to when Ings was on the pitch. As soon as he went off, we looked as bad as we did against West Brom.

Agreed another nonsensical sub from Ralph and equally added to us being on the back foot
What a joke
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Apr 21 with 1149 viewsDorsetIan

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Apr 21 by dirk_doone

It was so stupid on so many levels. Not bringing on a replacement striker, messing up the midfield that was doing well, and bringing back onto the field someone who had not been very good of late. I was screaming at the TV.

And then to follow it up by bringing on Djenepo!...

Ralph f*cked that up royally.

I don’t think he’s got a clue.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Apr 21 with 1125 viewssaint22

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Apr 21 by DorsetIan

It was so stupid on so many levels. Not bringing on a replacement striker, messing up the midfield that was doing well, and bringing back onto the field someone who had not been very good of late. I was screaming at the TV.

And then to follow it up by bringing on Djenepo!...

Ralph f*cked that up royally.

I don’t think he’s got a clue.

Never mind Leicester at home next.....
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:14 - Apr 21 with 1123 viewscocklebreath

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Apr 21 by 1885_SFC

Yep. Poor old Spurs without their beloved King Kane one day. The next day it's dirty, greedy Spurs for selling their soul for the Euro cash. Following day it's commentators jizzing in their pants when they win as it keeps a media darling London team fighting for the top four.

To cap it all - they then ask Gareth Bale after the game, of all people, his thoughts on the European Super League... to which he grins like a coont with his reply - all the while evading answering the question.

WALOB

Ridiculous night of bullish!t football and pundits

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Apr 21 with 1097 views1885_SFC

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Apr 21 by cocklebreath

Ralph bottled it, minamino or Redmond for Ings, Armstrong and JWP had the midfield sorted

I can only assume that, for a laugh, Minamino took a shít in Ralph's coffee during a session over at Staplewood recently? Not sure what the point was of getting him on loan if we don't play him. He was the automatic choice when Ings went off - surely? Leave the rest of the team as is.

It's been said before many times & I know it's getting boring... but Ralph's substitutions really do mystify me.

Old School is Cool

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:24 - Apr 21 with 1044 viewsDorsetIan

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Apr 21 by 1885_SFC

I can only assume that, for a laugh, Minamino took a shít in Ralph's coffee during a session over at Staplewood recently? Not sure what the point was of getting him on loan if we don't play him. He was the automatic choice when Ings went off - surely? Leave the rest of the team as is.

It's been said before many times & I know it's getting boring... but Ralph's substitutions really do mystify me.

‘Mystify’ is putting it mildly.

There comes a point when you have to draw the obvious conclusion that he is not up to it, tactically. If he couldn’t see what bringing on Diallo was going to do, then how can we expect him to be able to respond to the more subtle tactical changes that other teams make.

At this level, you need to be better than this.

Login to get fewer ads

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:27 - Apr 21 with 1018 viewspjt50

I don't know what's happened to Diallo. After his first few games I had really high hopes but at the moment he just looks lightweight & error prone. Desperately needs Romeu to come back but in the meantime why not give Jankewitz another run out? We can't hold Man U against him for ever.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Apr 21 with 1013 viewssaint22

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:24 - Apr 21 by DorsetIan

There comes a point when you have to draw the obvious conclusion that he is not up to it, tactically. If he couldn’t see what bringing on Diallo was going to do, then how can we expect him to be able to respond to the more subtle tactical changes that other teams make.

The endless second half capitulations, losing from winning positions, sitting back trying to hold a goal lead it does all point to someone who has no clue tactically
I can’t see us getting anything from our next two games meaning the Fulham game is huge
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Apr 21 with 997 viewsSadoldgit

What mystifies me is just how we have become a shadow of the team that were flying last year.
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:32 - Apr 21 with 988 views1885_SFC

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:24 - Apr 21 by DorsetIan

Bringing Diallo on smacked of holding on to what we had.

I'm just a mere fan. But even I know that - on current form - bringing Diallo, Redmond & Djenepo on was never going to strengthen us or inspire us and - as expected - we reverted to the same old clueless Saints we've seen in recent weeks & months.

Old School is Cool

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:33 - Apr 21 with 983 viewsDorsetIan

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:27 - Apr 21 by pjt50

I don't know what's happened to Diallo. After his first few games I had really high hopes but at the moment he just looks lightweight & error prone. Desperately needs Romeu to come back but in the meantime why not give Jankewitz another run out? We can't hold Man U against him for ever.

To be fair to him, he’s been thrown in at the deep end and while he’s not been bad, it’s been just too many games and he’s gone off the boil. I was pleased to see him on the bench and the team played much better without him.

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Apr 21 with 949 viewsdirk_doone

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

What mystifies me is just how we have become a shadow of the team that were flying last year.

Opposition managers have worked out our weaknesses. They know all they have to do is counterattack the empty space on the right side of our defence. We've conceded goals from that in all of our last 4 games. They also know that if they conserve energy in the first half, they'll be able to blow us away in the second half when we tire and that we'll barely offer more than token resistance. Teams used to get demoralized by our all-out attack early in games but now they know all they have to do is bide their time and we'll tire badly. That late flurry of goals at Villa was the start of it, even though we hung on for a win.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 20:44]

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Apr 21 with 853 viewsSadoldgit

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Apr 21 by dirk_doone

Opposition managers have worked out our weaknesses. They know all they have to do is counterattack the empty space on the right side of our defence. We've conceded goals from that in all of our last 4 games. They also know that if they conserve energy in the first half, they'll be able to blow us away in the second half when we tire and that we'll barely offer more than token resistance. Teams used to get demoralized by our all-out attack early in games but now they know all they have to do is bide their time and we'll tire badly. That late flurry of goals at Villa was the start of it, even though we hung on for a win.

That explains why we lose but it doesn’t explain why we are so toothless in the final third.
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:04 - Apr 21 with 822 viewsBaltimore

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

That explains why we lose but it doesn’t explain why we are so toothless in the final third.

Because when we're in a good position in the final 3rd of the field our natural instinct appears to be to pass it backwards for some bizarre reason!
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:05 - Apr 21 with 813 viewsdirk_doone

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Apr 21 by Sadoldgit

Again opposition managers have worked out our weaknesses. They know, for example, that Che Adams can only score with his right foot so that's all their defenders have to focus on against him.

The only one who is a real box of tricks is Ings. The rest of our attacking players are fairly predictable.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 21:08]

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:06 - Apr 21 with 811 viewsDorsetIan

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Apr 21 by dirk_doone

And Ralph doesn’t seem to realise he’s been made, and he just keeps serving up more of the same.

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:06 - Apr 21 with 807 viewsgrumpy

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:04 - Apr 21 by Baltimore

Because when we're in a good position in the final 3rd of the field our natural instinct appears to be to pass it backwards for some bizarre reason!

and we only have one reliable goal scorer and he has a habit of getting injured.
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:23 - Apr 21 with 750 viewssaint22

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:06 - Apr 21 by DorsetIan

And Ralph doesn’t seem to realise he’s been made, and he just keeps serving up more of the same.

He is also talking sh1te now

“We have eight substitutes and normally should be able to replace him [Danny Ings] but today we couldn't really push our game with the subs and the opponents were stronger and we were under pressure and making that stupid foul leading to the penalty then it's too easy for them.“

Well it certainly wasn’t Diallo was it!?
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Apr 21 with 751 viewsA1079

I should have known better but for 45 minutes I almost had a tinge of hope.

Reading various comments and assessments that opposition sides have worked us out makes it so bewildering as they worked us out long ago and yet we have persisted with the same tactics more or less week in and week out. But:-

- why are we unable to play for 90 plus minutes in virtually every game?;
- why do we physically and mentally seem to give up so easily?;
- why when we concede a goal do we seem unable to calvanise ourselves into a response?;
- why when we get an injury, a sending off or a bad decision do our heads drop straight away and as a team they just seem to accept that there is only going to be one outcome?;

I am not calling for his dismissal but I have given Ralph more slack and rope than I did Claude Puel. The question that I ask, is Ralph just not yet ready for a job like this? He seems tactically lost and it is questionable whether he has the ability to motivate when things get tough. Do I believe that if he gets a summer to put together the team he wants (and that assumes he gets the support to do so) that he will be a different manager who can deliver a better set of results? I am not sure I do.

The issue then is, even if he goes and someone else comes in what will happen? if the team is more or less the same and any additions will be bargain bucket purchases then the likelihood is a honeymoon period if we are lucky and then revert to type.

It is difficult to see where our next win will come from and I really suspect we will not get another win for what is left of the season. Therefore, if we stay up it will not be because we have been good enough, it will be because those below were marginally worse than us in terms of results. But, unless things change from the very top down I cannot see next season any more successful and sooner or later relegation will be the outcome. Not a disaster for me personally as I will watch the team whatever league they are in, but what it will mean to the club from a business point of view may be more damaging.

I doubt that there are many of us who would not love to draw a line under this season.
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Apr 21 with 640 viewsDorsetIan

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Apr 21 by A1079

I should have known better but for 45 minutes I almost had a tinge of hope.

Reading various comments and assessments that opposition sides have worked us out makes it so bewildering as they worked us out long ago and yet we have persisted with the same tactics more or less week in and week out. But:-

- why are we unable to play for 90 plus minutes in virtually every game?;
- why do we physically and mentally seem to give up so easily?;
- why when we concede a goal do we seem unable to calvanise ourselves into a response?;
- why when we get an injury, a sending off or a bad decision do our heads drop straight away and as a team they just seem to accept that there is only going to be one outcome?;

I am not calling for his dismissal but I have given Ralph more slack and rope than I did Claude Puel. The question that I ask, is Ralph just not yet ready for a job like this? He seems tactically lost and it is questionable whether he has the ability to motivate when things get tough. Do I believe that if he gets a summer to put together the team he wants (and that assumes he gets the support to do so) that he will be a different manager who can deliver a better set of results? I am not sure I do.

The issue then is, even if he goes and someone else comes in what will happen? if the team is more or less the same and any additions will be bargain bucket purchases then the likelihood is a honeymoon period if we are lucky and then revert to type.

It is difficult to see where our next win will come from and I really suspect we will not get another win for what is left of the season. Therefore, if we stay up it will not be because we have been good enough, it will be because those below were marginally worse than us in terms of results. But, unless things change from the very top down I cannot see next season any more successful and sooner or later relegation will be the outcome. Not a disaster for me personally as I will watch the team whatever league they are in, but what it will mean to the club from a business point of view may be more damaging.

I doubt that there are many of us who would not love to draw a line under this season.

You were right to have hope after the first half. We were playing well and looking like a proper team.

The fault lies with Ralph for his inexplicable substitutions but the 'before' and 'after' contrast was SO stark that hopefully even Ralph can draw two pretty clear conclusions from today's result:

1. Diallo does not offer enough in midfield. He hasn't done badly since Romeu's injury but he is too inexperienced to control a game in the way someone in that position needs to.

2. When Djenepo plays, we are a man down.

Imo these two should be mothballed for the rest of the season. The starting 11 looked lively. Stick with them and just play someone else up front instead of Danny. I don't really mind who. I think having a decent 4 in midfield is the absolute key to seeing out this season with a handful of more points.

Watching capitulations like this over and over and over again is just not good for our mental health.

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 23:00 - Apr 21 with 549 viewsSadoldgit

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 21:23 - Apr 21 by saint22

He is also talking sh1te now

“We have eight substitutes and normally should be able to replace him [Danny Ings] but today we couldn't really push our game with the subs and the opponents were stronger and we were under pressure and making that stupid foul leading to the penalty then it's too easy for them.“

Well it certainly wasn’t Diallo was it!?

I have just watched the interview and can’t see a problem with it. He said we weren’t good enough which is true. He said that we didn’t push on with the subs which is true. You would expect some fresh energy with fresh legs and it didn’t happen. Don’t commit a stupid foul in that position and we get a point. Little wonder he looked so pissed off.
Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 23:09 - Apr 21 with 534 viewsButty101

i see ralph has started blaming the players. Its a slippery slope.

If he cant show something in the last 6 games of the season then i think its time to go.

I would like to see Howe in. I think hes a decent manager and will have learnt from his last season at Bournemouth.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Tottenham Hotspur Game Matchday Thread on 06:39 - Apr 22 with 420 viewssaintwizzler

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024