Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend 09:05 - Apr 23 with 1230 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/54879/west-brom-defeat-r

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 09:55 - Apr 23 with 1191 viewssaint22

Its fulham that are the worry not wba
If we play against fulham like we have done in the last 3 or 4 games then we will be in a world of trouble
Its astonishing we are sat here worrying about our GD over brighton and newcastle in order to stay in the PL
we have fallen so far its mind blowing
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 14:55 - Apr 23 with 1112 viewsSadoldgit

It just goes to show how good we were last year that we can be so poor this year but still be in mid table with the likes of Palace. It we had collected points consistently then there wouldn’t be so much confusion. The differences between the two halves of the season are staggering.
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 16:07 - Apr 23 with 1072 viewssaint22

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 14:55 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

It just goes to show how good we were last year that we can be so poor this year but still be in mid table with the likes of Palace. It we had collected points consistently then there wouldn’t be so much confusion. The differences between the two halves of the season are staggering.

Is it really all down to Covid, fatigue etc?
Or is it a bigger issue?
No one knows other than Ralph and the players so please lets just get 1 win from 6 and sort it over the summer
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 16:43 - Apr 23 with 1058 viewsDorsetIan

I'm sick of the speculation to be honest.

Our overall performance since Christmas has been woeful, and there aren't any excuses - injuries, VRA whatever, bollocks to that: no team that picked up so many points early doors should crash and burn in the way we have. We've got no money, our recent purchases have been mediocre and our manager is not savvy enough to hold a lead, stop a rot, beat ten/nine men, or even avoid a second 9-0 defeat.

It's almost certain that we'll stay up, but if one of Fulham and WBA can overtake us then good luck to them. Both of them have shown more aptitude in recent weeks than we have.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 18:39 - Apr 23 with 986 viewsBerber

Meh. I am already committed to renewing the season card, but based on performances after the first couple of months, I am wondering if I would have been better off to cherry pick the games. If we had to go a whole season without Ings, we would be firked.

We have a few Championship standard players, who don't really cut it as squad players, so hopefully there will be some fresh blood (transfers in) rather than "hopeful" academy players in the squad next season.
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 10:44 - Apr 24 with 926 viewsinthebox

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 16:43 - Apr 23 by DorsetIan

I'm sick of the speculation to be honest.

Our overall performance since Christmas has been woeful, and there aren't any excuses - injuries, VRA whatever, bollocks to that: no team that picked up so many points early doors should crash and burn in the way we have. We've got no money, our recent purchases have been mediocre and our manager is not savvy enough to hold a lead, stop a rot, beat ten/nine men, or even avoid a second 9-0 defeat.

It's almost certain that we'll stay up, but if one of Fulham and WBA can overtake us then good luck to them. Both of them have shown more aptitude in recent weeks than we have.

A quote in the press said Ralph felt "empty" after the Spurs defeat, this sounds like somebody who's run out of ideas or has lost confidence in his players. Ralph acknowledged that Tella was the one bright spark in that game that tells me that in Ralph's opinion every one else let him down.
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 12:20 - Apr 24 with 889 viewsbarry_sanchez

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 16:07 - Apr 23 by saint22

Or is it a bigger issue?
No one knows other than Ralph and the players so please lets just get 1 win from 6 and sort it over the summer

Its because pardon the lack of pc we've a massive bunch of fannies in the team looking elsewhere, they've no heart, soul, desire and belief, a disgrace to not only sport but the City.
They're shite.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 21:53 - Apr 24 with 821 viewsCenturion

Brighton lose to Sheffield 1-0.
Good for us!
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 22:00 - Apr 24 with 816 views1885_SFC

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 21:53 - Apr 24 by Centurion

Brighton lose to Sheffield 1-0.
Good for us!

Old School is Cool

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 22:27 - Apr 24 with 790 viewsSaintsforeverj

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 16:07 - Apr 23 by saint22

Or is it a bigger issue?

You look at the team: Ings, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Bertrand, Redmond, Ves, Walker-Peters etc, international players for England, Scotland and the rest. You get the feeling they're not giving their all and it certainly looks like it when we were strolling around at West Brom and Newcastle against 10 men. And it's this lack of effort that makes it all the more infuriating.

As to why, who knows. We could all guess various reasons. Is it Ralph, is it an unambitious board, are they lazy sods, are they mentally week, are three or four of them wishing they were elsewhere and it's causing disharmony? Could be one of these, all of these or something else. The end of the season can't come soon enough and hopefully things can be sorted out in the summer.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 22:28]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 23:13 - Apr 24 with 765 viewsDorsetIan

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 22:27 - Apr 24 by Saintsforeverj

You look at the team: Ings, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Bertrand, Redmond, Ves, Walker-Peters etc, international players for England, Scotland and the rest. You get the feeling they're not giving their all and it certainly looks like it when we were strolling around at West Brom and Newcastle against 10 men. And it's this lack of effort that makes it all the more infuriating.

As to why, who knows. We could all guess various reasons. Is it Ralph, is it an unambitious board, are they lazy sods, are they mentally week, are three or four of them wishing they were elsewhere and it's causing disharmony? Could be one of these, all of these or something else. The end of the season can't come soon enough and hopefully things can be sorted out in the summer.

We know that Ralph keeps asking them to do the same things, and that they keep losing, but he still keeps asking them.

It must be pretty demoralising to be sent over the top every week with the same futile plan.

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 23:35 - Apr 24 with 754 viewsSaintsforeverj

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 23:13 - Apr 24 by DorsetIan

We know that Ralph keeps asking them to do the same things, and that they keep losing, but he still keeps asking them.

It must be pretty demoralising to be sent over the top every week with the same futile plan.

I'm pretty sure Ralph didn't ask the players to pass sideways and backwards when 3 2 down against 10 men. I'm pretty sure he didn't ask Ves to let a West Brom player breeze past him to score. I'm also pretty sure he didn't ask the players to play without aggression and intensity in a cup semi final. The players arn't giving their all for whatever reason. I would say that just like the Chelsea players downed tools for JM and then suddenly started playing when he was gone, the Saints players perhaps would rather have a less demanding manager who doesn't ask them to run so much: it wouldn't surprise me.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 23:38]

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 08:47 - Apr 25 with 645 viewsDorsetIan

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 23:35 - Apr 24 by Saintsforeverj

I'm pretty sure Ralph didn't ask the players to pass sideways and backwards when 3 2 down against 10 men. I'm pretty sure he didn't ask Ves to let a West Brom player breeze past him to score. I'm also pretty sure he didn't ask the players to play without aggression and intensity in a cup semi final. The players arn't giving their all for whatever reason. I would say that just like the Chelsea players downed tools for JM and then suddenly started playing when he was gone, the Saints players perhaps would rather have a less demanding manager who doesn't ask them to run so much: it wouldn't surprise me.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 23:38]

If we get frustrated with his inexplicable tactics, I’m sure they do too.

He got the praise when we were doing well. The buck stops with him when we’re playing badly too. The results speak for themselves, unfortunately, and he currently seems incapable of turning it around.

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 15:14 - Apr 25 with 528 viewssaint22

Well Burnley and Newcastle are heaping that pressure right back on us
Need to avoid defeat Friday
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 15:38 - Apr 25 with 512 viewsgrumpy

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 08:47 - Apr 25 by DorsetIan

If we get frustrated with his inexplicable tactics, I’m sure they do too.

He got the praise when we were doing well. The buck stops with him when we’re playing badly too. The results speak for themselves, unfortunately, and he currently seems incapable of turning it around.

I think Ralph needs to reconsider his half time talk with the team.
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 16:14 - Apr 25 with 481 viewsSaintsforeverj

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 15:14 - Apr 25 by saint22

Well Burnley and Newcastle are heaping that pressure right back on us
Need to avoid defeat Friday

It would be a miracle if we went down. Fulham are away to Chelsea next and we are 9 clear of them with only 5 games to go. Fulham won't escape now unless there is a miracle. We have Fulham to play at home, avoid defeat and we are safe.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 16:16]

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 17:01 - Apr 25 with 464 viewsCenturion

I could see us finishing 17th this season!

In the last four years that would be 17th twice and 16th once!

Not really making progress if that happens.
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 17:02 - Apr 25 with 463 viewsBerber

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 22:27 - Apr 24 by Saintsforeverj

"As to why, who knows. We could all guess various reasons. "

My guess is that the leadership on the pitch is lacking for so many weak and feeble performances. The captain should be falling out with several members of the team each game these past few months. I didn't rate Hoibjerg in this regards, and JWP, for all his personal and professional qualities, was a backwards step in the captaincy. The problem is, you are pretty much bound to pick the captain, and only JWP turns in those kind of performances each week.

We can't put it all on RH.
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 17:07 - Apr 25 with 457 viewsCenturion

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 17:02 - Apr 25 by Berber

"As to why, who knows. We could all guess various reasons. "

My guess is that the leadership on the pitch is lacking for so many weak and feeble performances. The captain should be falling out with several members of the team each game these past few months. I didn't rate Hoibjerg in this regards, and JWP, for all his personal and professional qualities, was a backwards step in the captaincy. The problem is, you are pretty much bound to pick the captain, and only JWP turns in those kind of performances each week.

We can't put it all on RH.

Who would you make captian instead of JWP?

Here lies the problem. No one springs to mind. Possibly Danny Ings?
West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 17:34 - Apr 25 with 442 viewssaint22

West Brom Defeat Relieves Pressure On Southampton This Weekend on 16:14 - Apr 25 by Saintsforeverj

It would be a miracle if we went down. Fulham are away to Chelsea next and we are 9 clear of them with only 5 games to go. Fulham won't escape now unless there is a miracle. We have Fulham to play at home, avoid defeat and we are safe.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 16:16]

I agree it’s highly unlikely but relying on us to avoid defeat against Fulham is a dangerous game given our recent inability to avoid defeat
Hopefully Fulham get beat by Chelsea for sure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024