Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe just maybe 08:08 - Apr 25 with 9386 viewssaint22

This bunch of self serving pocket lining “people’s” party muppets who have carried on leaving their silver spoon lives through a pandemic might just get their comeuppance

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/24/johnson-faces-mps-fury-over-dow
Maybe just maybe on 18:23 - Apr 26 with 3020 viewsSadoldgit

Another day and yet another black mark on Johnson’s Prime Ministeral CV with the pile of bodies statement. The problem is that his supporters really don’t care just as the 73 million American’s who voted for Trump didn’t care about his lack of integrity and suitability for the role. Apparently the fact that they are both dodgy scumbags just adds to their appeal.
Maybe just maybe on 21:12 - Apr 26 with 2965 viewsBazza

Maybe just maybe on 18:23 - Apr 26 by Sadoldgit

Another day and yet another black mark on Johnson’s Prime Ministeral CV with the pile of bodies statement. The problem is that his supporters really don’t care just as the 73 million American’s who voted for Trump didn’t care about his lack of integrity and suitability for the role. Apparently the fact that they are both dodgy scumbags just adds to their appeal.

Is this just a losers thread or can anyone join in?

Likening Johnson to Trump is plain silly but at least Hitler hasn’t been mentioned.
Johnson’s much closer to Starmer?
Maybe just maybe on 22:21 - Apr 26 with 2942 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 21:12 - Apr 26 by Bazza

Is this just a losers thread or can anyone join in?

Likening Johnson to Trump is plain silly but at least Hitler hasn’t been mentioned.
Johnson’s much closer to Starmer?

I don’t think that Starmer is remotely like Johnson whereas Johnson and Trump are both narcissistic, lie constantly and only care about themselves.
Maybe just maybe on 22:35 - Apr 26 with 2927 viewsBazza

Both ex public school, in their 50s, wealthy but millions not billions, both well educated but weak leaders bullied by minority party factions.
Maybe just maybe on 05:28 - Apr 27 with 2876 viewsKennington

Let’s just be grateful it’s ‘only’ covid and not a world war. While Britain is currently a leader in vaccinating it’s population, instead of celebrating the opposition endlessly snipe about procurement rules and wallpaper.

Imagine if the country was at war, according to the opposition’s logic munitions factories wouldn’t be allowed unless they had gone through a full OJEU commissioning cycle and we’re fully audited even if means waiting six months longer, as process is apparently what the country is really keen on and not outcomes.

As to Boris’s flat, I think it’s pretty odd that our leader has to live in a tiny flat. I’d create a new prime ministerial residence somewhere off Hyde Park where there are several large diplomat residencies. Does any other global leader live in a flat?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Maybe just maybe on 08:42 - Apr 27 with 2813 viewsSalisburySaint

Maybe just maybe on 18:23 - Apr 26 by Sadoldgit

totally agree and the responses of others on this thread back up your last sentence

its a sad state of affairs that it appears In their view, it's ok to rip off the rest of the country and put in money into your own and your friends back pockets if its in the name of Covid
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 8:44]
Maybe just maybe on 09:07 - Apr 27 with 2801 viewssaint22

Maybe just maybe on 08:42 - Apr 27 by SalisburySaint

totally agree and the responses of others on this thread back up your last sentence

its a sad state of affairs that it appears In their view, it's ok to rip off the rest of the country and put in money into your own and your friends back pockets if its in the name of Covid
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 8:44]

and the voting public seem to think its just fine
amazing really, then again not so much
Maybe just maybe on 09:39 - Apr 27 with 2780 viewsSadoldgit

One of the traits of narcissism is a total lack of empathy. Johnson has demonstrated that clearly with his pile of bodies comment. Hopefully the penny is beginning to drop. The longer he team aims in power the more he gives himself away. I think he has outlived his usefulness for the Tory party. They will leave him in place to carry the can for the Covid debacle and dump him before the next General Election.
Login to get fewer ads

Maybe just maybe on 09:48 - Apr 27 with 2772 viewssaints__fan__73

Yes, what a terrible shame Comrade Corbyn hasn't been governing us these past years.....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Maybe just maybe on 10:35 - Apr 27 with 2749 viewsDorsetIan

This James O'Brien quote summed it up for me...

"The main question remains the same. Just how much political armour can Johnson forge from the public’s psychological need to deny the observable reality of his Brexit?"

Brexit voters and 'red wall' Boris voters have an awful lot invested in their 2016 and 2019 decisions. They are not going to easily admit that the person they followed and then voted for is a wrong 'un.

Sleaze, cronyism, corruption, 'one rule for us' etc were all very important to the electorate at the time of the expenses scandal. I suspect they still are, but for the moment there is too much money on Johnson for people to switch horses.

And the comparisons with Trump are fair. By the end of his term, people were so used to Trump being a complete arse that he could do pretty much whatever he wanted. And we saw how well that ended.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Maybe just maybe on 11:39 - Apr 27 with 2714 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 09:48 - Apr 27 by saints__fan__73

Yes, what a terrible shame Comrade Corbyn hasn't been governing us these past years.....

Which means what exactly? It’s the same old trick. When faced with unpalatable truths just pretend that things could have been far worse with someone else. This has nothing to do with Corbyn and everything to do with Johnson. Park the deflection for a change and deal with reality.
Maybe just maybe on 11:58 - Apr 27 with 2692 viewsSalisburySaint

Maybe just maybe on 11:39 - Apr 27 by Sadoldgit

Which means what exactly? It’s the same old trick. When faced with unpalatable truths just pretend that things could have been far worse with someone else. This has nothing to do with Corbyn and everything to do with Johnson. Park the deflection for a change and deal with reality.

its exactly what the Boris apologists come out with when they have no way of defending his actions
Maybe just maybe on 13:51 - Apr 27 with 2660 viewssaint22

Maybe just maybe on 09:48 - Apr 27 by saints__fan__73

Oh do be quiet
No one liked Corbyn that's a fact but equally he hasn't been in power for 10+ years dragging this country down the sh1 tter whilst looking after only themselves
Time to wake the fk up
Maybe just maybe on 14:21 - Apr 27 with 2638 viewsBison

Politics has returned to boring me silly again since Brexit was decided . Also the Tories with a Landslide and the decline of Trump . The most exciting thing nowadays is whether Boris got his Wallpaper at John Lewis or not and nobody is actually defending Boris on this and the only noise like this thread is from the same old same.

Guys nobody gives a Fek about it , it wont cost him votes as whether he got his stuff free from Ikea or not there is still no credible opposition., which I must say is a shame.

The next exciting thing politically wise will be the Jocks I reckon.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Maybe just maybe on 14:44 - Apr 27 with 2617 viewsSalisburySaint

Maybe just maybe on 14:21 - Apr 27 by Bison

Politics has returned to boring me silly again since Brexit was decided . Also the Tories with a Landslide and the decline of Trump . The most exciting thing nowadays is whether Boris got his Wallpaper at John Lewis or not and nobody is actually defending Boris on this and the only noise like this thread is from the same old same.

Guys nobody gives a Fek about it , it wont cost him votes as whether he got his stuff free from Ikea or not there is still no credible opposition., which I must say is a shame.

The next exciting thing politically wise will be the Jocks I reckon.

Find it sad that some people feel the "let the bodies pile high in their thousands!’ that Boris is alleged to have raged is acceptable.
Maybe just maybe on 15:18 - Apr 27 with 2597 viewsBison

Maybe just maybe on 14:44 - Apr 27 by SalisburySaint

Find it sad that some people feel the "let the bodies pile high in their thousands!’ that Boris is alleged to have raged is acceptable.

It didnt bother me at all I have mates who say worse and think crazier. I know it was a figure of speech which says to me he doesnt want to go back into a lockdown which I totally agree with , its time to reboot life again.

I guess some people are more easily offended than others , you may have a point if body mountain appears in West Wellow but I cant really see that happening. And there is also that he denied it and nobody has come out openly and actually said he said it. I personally reckon he did in the heat of a moment but I am certainly not offended by it.

Maybe just maybe on 15:23 - Apr 27 with 2589 viewsgeezershoong1

He/they did say 'whatever it takes..'

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Maybe just maybe on 15:27 - Apr 27 with 2580 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 14:44 - Apr 27 by SalisburySaint

I would imagine that those who lost loved ones to the virus will not find his comments acceptable. One of the saddest things is no one is particularly surprised or shocked by his statement. It’s exactly the sort of thing you would expect him to say and then deny that he said it. The contempt for the people he is supposed to serve is demonstrated on an almost daily basis. There is plenty of political push back but as the point was made earlier, the people who voted him in don’t want to admit that they made a massive mistake so he gets a free pass from a large section of the public.
Maybe just maybe on 15:37 - Apr 27 with 2573 viewsHeisenberg

The country gets the leaders it deserves. If people are happy with a lying self serving clown that has shat on everyone in both his professional and personal life then that says a lot about the state this country is in I guess.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Maybe just maybe on 16:02 - Apr 27 with 2555 viewsBicester_North

Maybe just maybe on 15:37 - Apr 27 by Heisenberg

The country gets the leaders it deserves. If people are happy with a lying self serving clown that has shat on everyone in both his professional and personal life then that says a lot about the state this country is in I guess.

Wrong log in saint22

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Maybe just maybe on 16:29 - Apr 27 with 2535 viewssaint22

Spot on
Maybe just maybe on 17:13 - Apr 27 with 2513 viewsBison

Or does it say a lot about the level of opposition if the majority of the country pick one side over the other ?

22,000,000 people get to have their say next month. If this govt is so bad surely the result is nailed on ? Labour seem to be concentrating on personal attacks ie text messages , wallpaper , un-substantiated comments ...... I wonder what there actual policies are as the only plan they seem to have is personal attacks. I'm not sure that will work and makes them as bad as who they trying to discredit.

Maybe just maybe on 17:22 - Apr 27 with 2506 viewsDorsetIan

Maybe just maybe on 17:13 - Apr 27 by Bison

Or does it say a lot about the level of opposition if the majority of the country pick one side over the other ?

22,000,000 people get to have their say next month. If this govt is so bad surely the result is nailed on ? Labour seem to be concentrating on personal attacks ie text messages , wallpaper , un-substantiated comments ...... I wonder what there actual policies are as the only plan they seem to have is personal attacks. I'm not sure that will work and makes them as bad as who they trying to discredit.

We will eventually get to an 'anyone but Boris' position, but we are not there yet.

And likely the Tory Party will get rid as soon as that moment comes.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Maybe just maybe on 17:29 - Apr 27 with 2504 viewssaint22

Maybe just maybe on 17:13 - Apr 27 by Bison

Of course it does the opposition is poor, very poor but that said people still have a moral choice & there are other parties
Or they can be lazy revert to type and just think "oh who cares it doesnt affect me anyway"
Maybe just maybe on 17:32 - Apr 27 with 2501 viewsBison

Maybe just maybe on 17:22 - Apr 27 by DorsetIan

We will eventually get to an 'anyone but Boris' position, but we are not there yet.

And likely the Tory Party will get rid as soon as that moment comes.

You are probably right Ian I guess the Hartlepool bye election will be a good barometer of where we are, if Labour hold does it mean the tide is turning or are we getting even further to the side of anyone but labour still. If so then the left need to stop blaming Boris and take a deep look at themselves. You cant blame the British public ( Outside of London ) forever for voting as they see fit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024