Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Janik off the hook 17:33 - May 5 with 2165 viewskingslandstand1

Red card has been rescinded apparently but doesn't help that we played the majority of the game with 10 men that may have cost us 2 points
Janik off the hook on 17:39 - May 5 with 1849 viewsDorsetIan

It’s more VAR nonsense but personally I think going down to 10 men helped us earn a point.

We have tended to get caught out exposed at the back when attacking, so being able to simply hold a defensive shape helped us.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Janik off the hook on 18:58 - May 5 with 1743 viewsRon11

Janik off the hook on 17:39 - May 5 by DorsetIan

It’s more VAR nonsense but personally I think going down to 10 men helped us earn a point.

We have tended to get caught out exposed at the back when attacking, so being able to simply hold a defensive shape helped us.

This was referee nonsense rather than VAR.
His motivation was questionable, to say the least.
But he'll get away with it.
Janik off the hook on 19:52 - May 5 with 1690 viewsSaintsforeverj

Janik off the hook on 18:58 - May 5 by Ron11

This was referee nonsense rather than VAR.
His motivation was questionable, to say the least.
But he'll get away with it.

Yep, VAR is being used badly by our hopeless officials. The red card is rescinded after a few days. During the game, they now have VAR to change obvious errors. They have admitted it was an obvious error after the game, so how an earth did they not realise during the game!? Needed a few days to check the rules? Cheating? The officials seem to be utterly useless. The problem is not so much VAR. Its the rediculous interpretations of each decision by our inadequate officials.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 19:56]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Janik off the hook on 21:17 - May 5 with 1612 viewsgrumpy

I can't see how going down to 10 men helped us earn a point.
If Janik had stayed on the pitch we could have won the game.
How that ref sent off Janik without checking is beyond me.
Janik off the hook on 21:19 - May 5 with 1609 viewssaint22

Janik off the hook on 21:17 - May 5 by grumpy

Didn’t I read somewhere he had only 4 PL games before and two of those were Leicester games
Another c**t to add to the long list of poor refs
Janik off the hook on 06:28 - May 6 with 1468 viewsdixiefrog

Does that mean that the one match ban now automatically goes to the cheat Vardy, who rolled around like he’d been hit by a snipers bullet?

Poll: Which is the greatest crisp of all time?

Janik off the hook on 08:01 - May 6 with 1430 viewsMattFinish

How many bad VAR decisions against us has John Moss been involved in this season. It's about time he was checked for gills
Janik off the hook on 08:23 - May 6 with 1413 viewsSadoldgit

Janik off the hook on 06:28 - May 6 by dixiefrog

Does that mean that the one match ban now automatically goes to the cheat Vardy, who rolled around like he’d been hit by a snipers bullet?

To be fair he did get caught on the ankle. From where the ref was I can understand that it looked like a clear foul. It is only from a completely different angle that you can see that Vest played the ball back to the keeper before the contact with the player. All the more reason to double check with VAR. that it what it is there for. Keith Hackett says the decision was correct in ritually and he is correct that getting the ball first doesn’t mean it isn’t a foul if you also wipe out the player. The difficulty comes how you interpret and normal bit of “contact” and definite foul play. What I think we can say with some degree of certainty is that Vardy was not prevented a goal scoring opportunity. At no point did he have control of the ball which was in its way back to the keeper.
Login to get fewer ads

Janik off the hook on 09:28 - May 6 with 1379 viewsRon11

Janik off the hook on 06:28 - May 6 by dixiefrog

That's what should happen,100% but of course it won't.
Perhaps it would have been poetic justice if the weasel Vardy's ankle had been broken.
I'm Van Dijk would agree.....
Janik off the hook on 09:46 - May 6 with 1360 viewsMattFinish

Regardless of what Hackett says, the decision was overturned by the refereeing panel after looking at it and applying the rules of the game. So what was Moss doing? He should be stood down as not fit for purpose
We've had 2 red cards rescinded where the VAR ref has not recommended the on pitch ref to go to the monitor
Proves one thing, money talks
Janik off the hook on 10:32 - May 6 with 1330 viewsBerber

I think you may be right, about that
Janik off the hook on 10:56 - May 6 with 1320 viewsDorsetIan

I don't understand the wish to defend VAR by suggesting that the VAR sh!tshow is all down to bad refereeing.

Sure, there will be many decisions where the officials in the VAR box are as useless as those on the pitch, but the issues are much wider than this.

The system itself is flawed. It has created a new situation where level is now offside and there seems to be absolutely no rule which asks the VAR people to only get involved in 'clear and obvious' errors, because VAR is getting involved in all sorts of extremely marginal decisions.

Most importantly though, it hasn't improved the decision making and it isn't getting any better, which tells me that the people in charge of it are in complete denial about how sh!t it is and how detrimental it has become to the enjoyment of the game.

And it's been nearly two years now ffs. It's criminal negligence.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 11:17]

Janik off the hook on 11:19 - May 6 with 1298 viewsPaleRider

Janik off the hook on 10:56 - May 6 by DorsetIan

I don't understand the wish to defend VAR by suggesting that the VAR sh!tshow is all down to bad refereeing.

Sure, there will be many decisions where the officials in the VAR box are as useless as those on the pitch, but the issues are much wider than this.

The system itself is flawed. It has created a new situation where level is now offside and there seems to be absolutely no rule which asks the VAR people to only get involved in 'clear and obvious' errors, because VAR is getting involved in all sorts of extremely marginal decisions.

Most importantly though, it hasn't improved the decision making and it isn't getting any better, which tells me that the people in charge of it are in complete denial about how sh!t it is and how detrimental it has become to the enjoyment of the game.

And it's been nearly two years now ffs. It's criminal negligence.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 11:17]

The reason is because video technology works very well in a large amount of other sports (both well funded and less well funded) as well as outside of the Premier League.
Janik off the hook on 11:31 - May 6 with 1291 viewsDorsetIan

Janik off the hook on 11:19 - May 6 by PaleRider

The reason is because video technology works very well in a large amount of other sports (both well funded and less well funded) as well as outside of the Premier League.

I get that, but there is no contradiction in agreeing with the principle of video assistance (which I support) and yet knowing that the 'VAR' system being using in the premier league is complete sh!t.

For me, it makes it worse that others have done it so much better.

Janik off the hook on 12:03 - May 6 with 1274 viewsTimSaint

It shows is how shit the referee and VAR official are and they should be reprimanded accordingly - but of course they won't.

All they needed to do was take a quick look and see that he got the ball first and that it was the follow through that caught Vardy. (who obviously did enough rolls and stayed down long enough to influence them until the red card was brandished).

It shows that the 2 officials clearly haven't learned from the previous week, where that West Ham player got sent off for the follow through on the Chelsea player - only for it to be rescinded a few days later.

They were saying on the radio that it could cost WHU a place in the Champions League, as they could have got something out of the game. It is the same for us - we could have won and been safe by now. Similarly, we may not have conceded those last 3 at Old Trafford - which could affect where we finish in the league table due to goal difference.

He couldn't wait to get the card out - without having a look at VAR, who incidentally backed him straight away - and both officials should now be fined their match fees and relegated to the Championship for a few games.

It is also bizarre that he has been allowed to officiate Leicester games in 4 of his 9 Prem appearances.

Still, at least he gave us the penalty - although I was sure at the time that he was going to look at VAR and reverse his decision.

As 22 says, he's probably another ref to add to the cvnt list.

TimSaint

Janik off the hook on 13:07 - May 6 with 1246 viewskingslandstand1

Agree Grumpy, what I was saying was that it may (can't say for def we'd have won) have cost us 2 points as we only got 1 rather than possibly 3
Janik off the hook on 13:08 - May 6 with 1246 viewskingslandstand1

Janik off the hook on 21:19 - May 5 by saint22

Didn’t I read somewhere he had only 4 PL games before and two of those were Leicester games
Another c**t to add to the long list of poor refs

I think it was 6 or 7 and 3 of those were Leicester wins. They like him!
Janik off the hook on 14:33 - May 6 with 1199 viewsDorsetIan

I suppose, simply put, because we've been mostly playing with 11 men and usually been getting no points.

Take Jack Stephens, for example. I thought he had a really good game. But I think that was because he only had to hold his position at left back and defend. We've conceded lots of goals when attacking and getting caught in possession.

In this game we were forced to just concentrate on defence and we got a point. Arguably if we had concentrated on 'parking the bus' like this in a few more games since Christmas, we wouldn't have lost 12 of them.

The next few games are going to be really interesting. There is no reason why we can't target wins against Palace, Fulham and Leeds, but...

Fifteen points to play for in total - let's see how many we get.

Janik off the hook on 15:11 - May 6 with 1175 viewssaint22

Janik off the hook on 14:33 - May 6 by DorsetIan

I suppose, simply put, because we've been mostly playing with 11 men and usually been getting no points.

Take Jack Stephens, for example. I thought he had a really good game. But I think that was because he only had to hold his position at left back and defend. We've conceded lots of goals when attacking and getting caught in possession.

In this game we were forced to just concentrate on defence and we got a point. Arguably if we had concentrated on 'parking the bus' like this in a few more games since Christmas, we wouldn't have lost 12 of them.

The next few games are going to be really interesting. There is no reason why we can't target wins against Palace, Fulham and Leeds, but...

we will get 3
Janik off the hook on 15:44 - May 6 with 1163 viewsBison

Janik off the hook on 14:33 - May 6 by DorsetIan

I agree Ian our full backs leave us exposed and with only Diallo as a defensive midfielder expected to cover we get caught as he is not yet good enough. Perhaps make the fullbacks stay back and play a more conventional midfielder who can hurt a team going forward but can also defend but thats not his only job.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Janik off the hook on 16:16 - May 6 with 1133 viewsDorsetIan

Janik off the hook on 15:11 - May 6 by saint22

we will get 3

On current form that's what we would get. But I'm a bit more optimistic. I think we can win at least a couple of the games I mentioned.

Maybe more, it's been such an up and down season, who knows. Would be good to end the season on something a bit more positive.

Janik off the hook on 19:02 - May 6 with 1046 viewsSadoldgit

Janik off the hook on 09:46 - May 6 by MattFinish

Regardless of what Hackett says, the decision was overturned by the refereeing panel after looking at it and applying the rules of the game. So what was Moss doing? He should be stood down as not fit for purpose
We've had 2 red cards rescinded where the VAR ref has not recommended the on pitch ref to go to the monitor
Proves one thing, money talks

Perhaps they should get the people on the panels to look at VAR rather than the likes of Moss?
Janik off the hook on 20:04 - May 6 with 1027 viewsDorsetIan

Janik off the hook on 19:02 - May 6 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps they should get the people on the panels to look at VAR rather than the likes of Moss?

Maybe there shouldn't be a separate person looking at VAR at all.

Maybe the captains should have three appeals and if they appeal the ref goes to look at the monitor. No lines on the screen. No slow-mos. Just a few different angles to get a better view.

The whole thing is far too complicated for a system intended only to iron out 'clear and obvious' mistakes.

And we need to get back to the principle that the match is officiated by the people on the actual pitch and line.

Janik off the hook on 17:43 - May 8 with 815 viewscocklebreath

Anyone just seen the Stirling tackle? 10 times worse than Jannicks but just a yellow

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Janik off the hook on 20:49 - May 8 with 774 viewsdirk_doone

Unlucky for us he wasn't banned though.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024