Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs 09:24 - May 11 with 8310 viewsleedsdale

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2021/may/club-statement---keith-hill/

Their fans are delighted! Seems his demeanour didn’t go down well with them, but it’s a very brave decision by the chairman
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 09:27 - May 11 with 5905 viewsCockneyDale

Wow. Didn't see that coming. EDIT - the comments on their tweet announcing it are very familiar
[Post edited 11 May 2021 9:29]
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 09:30 - May 11 with 5878 viewsdeeplishblue

We could do worse.........

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 09:32 - May 11 with 5857 viewsDaleFan7

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 09:30 - May 11 by deeplishblue

We could do worse.........

No thanks, he obviously hasn't learned the lessons that led him to getting sacked here reading the Tranmere fans reactions to his sacking.

If a manager has got you to the playoffs and the fans are still asking for his head then you know something is up.
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 09:36 - May 11 with 5821 viewsleedsdale

His play off record is crap, to be fair
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 09:49 - May 11 with 5747 viewswatford_dale

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 09:36 - May 11 by leedsdale

His play off record is crap, to be fair

Barnsley fans didn't take to him neither, found him too aloof.

Brave move.
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:04 - May 11 with 5687 viewsfunkkk

Even here, where he achieved success, the fans got sick of him and his ego. Barnsley, Bolton & Tranmere fans all actively dislike him. I really hope our board don’t consider going for him.
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:18 - May 11 with 5614 viewsToffeemanc

If Bottomley survives the EGM he will probably bring him back in the sporting director role just to ensure the entire fan base is alienated.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:20 - May 11 with 5602 viewsfunkkk

Bet Chris Dunphy is even more keen to get back involved now.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:22 - May 11 with 5595 viewsJames1980

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:18 - May 11 by Toffeemanc

If Bottomley survives the EGM he will probably bring him back in the sporting director role just to ensure the entire fan base is alienated.

Didn't Bottomley sack Hill?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:29 - May 11 with 5549 viewsDalenet

Interesting timing. The Chairman there obviously has no confidence that Hill will set the team up to win in the play-offs. He must have pissed off a lot of people. Especially when his Points per Match at Tranmere is far better than at any other club he has managed. The other angle is that his contract was only for a year and maybe negotiations for a new contract either didn't happen or Hilly wanted more than Tranmere wanted to pay. So pushing away from the play-offs may make sense

But lets not be sorry for him. He's been paid off by 3 clubs in his 16 year managerial career so he won't starve. He isn't articulate enough for media work so he will land at a League Two club within a year I guess
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:37 - May 11 with 5521 viewsJames1980

His last post match interview.

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:45 - May 11 with 5462 viewsSuddenLad

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:22 - May 11 by James1980

Didn't Bottomley sack Hill?

Yes. 48 hours after giving him his full support in a club interview, prior to us losing at Luton, who were then top of the pile. I'm not saying the decision to sack him was wrong, but the manner in which it took place was shameful.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:48 - May 11 with 5461 viewsDaleFan7

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:37 - May 11 by James1980

His last post match interview.

The only difficult thing is listening to Keith 'it's everybody's fault but mine' Hill.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 10:49]
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:53 - May 11 with 5428 viewsDaleFan7

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:45 - May 11 by SuddenLad

Yes. 48 hours after giving him his full support in a club interview, prior to us losing at Luton, who were then top of the pile. I'm not saying the decision to sack him was wrong, but the manner in which it took place was shameful.

Wasn't that how he left us, too?
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 11:03 - May 11 with 5352 viewsDorkingDale

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:53 - May 11 by DaleFan7

Wasn't that how he left us, too?

...he's talking about us
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 11:11 - May 11 with 5311 viewsDaleFan7

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 11:03 - May 11 by DorkingDale

...he's talking about us

I mean first time around. He told us he was 100% staying and committed to taking the club further, then 24-48 hours later he was off.
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 11:28 - May 11 with 5254 viewsBucketBstard

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 10:20 - May 11 by funkkk

Bet Chris Dunphy is even more keen to get back involved now.

Oh Goodness I hope not.
As noticed , many of us, Barnsley, Bolton and now Tranmere fans alienated by his arrogance.
I really thought he would learn his lesson.
No way should he come back .
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 11:33 - May 11 with 5234 viewsDorkingDale

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 11:28 - May 11 by BucketBstard

Oh Goodness I hope not.
As noticed , many of us, Barnsley, Bolton and now Tranmere fans alienated by his arrogance.
I really thought he would learn his lesson.
No way should he come back .

We've got enough problems without putting his ego in the mix......
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 11:37 - May 11 with 5220 viewsFrog

2 wins in the last 11 games is reason enough, I wish it was here.
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 12:07 - May 11 with 5092 viewskel

He was on a loser with Tranmere fans from the start. They have some kind of rivalry with Bolton to start with which didn’t help, and the caretaker lads he took over from were doing a great job apparently and a lot of their fans wanted them to continue.
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 12:13 - May 11 with 5058 viewsJames1980

I did think it was likely he wouldn't have had his contract renewed/extended regardless what happened.

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 12:38 - May 11 with 4916 viewsToffeemanc

With Gary Bowyer choosing to leave Salford and return to his job with the U23's at Derby I wonder if there is any chance of him being in the running for the Salford Job.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 12:48 - May 11 with 4861 viewsoddjob007

He's clearly had a row with the board.. would love to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting!
Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 13:02 - May 11 with 4801 viewsD_Alien

What a complete and utter fall from grace, and from a position as (and remains as) our GOAT manager

The rot seemed to set in around 2016/17, a couple of seasons after his second promotion with us and when he had us riding high in L1 and competing for the playoffs for a third season running - although there were warning signs prior to that with some of his comments. It was probably the long contract extension and seemingly untouchable position within the club... so in a way, it was that decision which led onto the changes in the boardroom and to where we are today; plus the lack of support for CD in his attempt to return

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 14:22 - May 11 with 4529 viewsJames1980

Hill gets the chop just before the play offs on 13:02 - May 11 by D_Alien

What a complete and utter fall from grace, and from a position as (and remains as) our GOAT manager

The rot seemed to set in around 2016/17, a couple of seasons after his second promotion with us and when he had us riding high in L1 and competing for the playoffs for a third season running - although there were warning signs prior to that with some of his comments. It was probably the long contract extension and seemingly untouchable position within the club... so in a way, it was that decision which led onto the changes in the boardroom and to where we are today; plus the lack of support for CD in his attempt to return

Contract extensions haven't exactly paid off in recent years have they.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024