Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester 19:30 - May 15 with 1805 viewsbarry_sanchez

I know the big clubs and big corps will use this victory as a hammer to smaller clubs to say it can be done etc etc even though its rarer than rocking horse shite but I have to say I am well jealous, while we're happy to beat one of the "elites" once a season they've (Leicester) got memories that make me jealous and also sad that our bag of shite management never went for it, if our club was a colour it would be a nice beige, possible a neutral grey.................

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 20:38 - May 15 with 1735 viewsDENZY

Yes, over the last 10/15 years we've seen average clubs like Birmingham, Swansea, Wigan, Leicester, Pompey ffs all pick up a trophy. All I've ever seen us win in my lifetime is a tin of paint.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 20:46 - May 15 with 1727 viewskernow

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 20:38 - May 15 by DENZY

Yes, over the last 10/15 years we've seen average clubs like Birmingham, Swansea, Wigan, Leicester, Pompey ffs all pick up a trophy. All I've ever seen us win in my lifetime is a tin of paint.

Awwww. Never mind.
Could be worse.
Grimsby on on Tuesday night in February for example and all that.
Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 21:12 - May 15 with 1696 viewskingslandstand1

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 20:38 - May 15 by DENZY

But we did beat the mighty Carlisle United while we were in the 3rd division

Have to say it was a good day out with 50,000 Saints fans rocking Wembley :-)
Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 21:13 - May 15 with 1694 viewskingslandstand1

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 20:46 - May 15 by kernow

Awwww. Never mind.
Could be worse.
Grimsby on on Tuesday night in February for example and all that.

You mean what the likes of the blue few continually have to put up with
Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 23:53 - May 15 with 1606 viewsdirk_doone

I think we have to use the fact that, for our size, in terms of trophies won, we are the most underachieving team in the country as motivation to do better rather than just embrace it and say it's good enough.

Leicester and Saints are almost identical in size. In fact, in the season before Leicester won the league, according to all the stats, Saints' fanbase was far bigger than Leicester's. Leicester even used our stadium plans to save money when they copied St Mary's.

Just as Nottingham Forest did in the 70s when we were competing with them, they invested in building a team over several years and their objective was winning trophies. Our owners' objective seems to be to just survive in the Premier League. We've shown no real ambition to win trophies since the Cortese era and as the financial results show we've leaked far more money than we did then so nothing has been gained by selling all of our best players. We've just spent a fortune on players who are out on loan to other clubs.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 0:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 01:25 - May 16 with 1571 viewsBicester_North

For the size of the city, we compare to Stoke, Middlesbrough, Coventry, Bradford, Brighton, Cardiff and the Bristol clubs for winning one or less trophy.

This year was a massive chance against a Leicester team which were shit on the day, and then have a pop at Chelsea.

It’s alright to say it could be worse we could be Carlisle or Rochdale fans but for a city the size
of Soton it’s f*cking annoying to only have 76
[Post edited 16 May 2021 1:27]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 08:34 - May 16 with 1471 viewsbarry_sanchez

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 01:25 - May 16 by Bicester_North

For the size of the city, we compare to Stoke, Middlesbrough, Coventry, Bradford, Brighton, Cardiff and the Bristol clubs for winning one or less trophy.

This year was a massive chance against a Leicester team which were shit on the day, and then have a pop at Chelsea.

It’s alright to say it could be worse we could be Carlisle or Rochdale fans but for a city the size
of Soton it’s f*cking annoying to only have 76
[Post edited 16 May 2021 1:27]

Is continually going on about 76 is actually embarrassing and shows how little we’ve won in our history, I can’t think of a club our size less successful.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 11:18 - May 16 with 1387 viewsBerber

And where are 75% of them now? I wouldn't trade a trophy for a decade of mediocre obscurity in the nether regions of English football.
Login to get fewer ads

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 06:20 - May 17 with 1282 viewsbarry_sanchez

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 11:18 - May 16 by Berber

And where are 75% of them now? I wouldn't trade a trophy for a decade of mediocre obscurity in the nether regions of English football.

I would, I enjoyed football more in the leagues below, we had a chance of winning, in the Premiership we make up the numbers and thats it, the money we get doesn't go back into the club, stable Premiership clubs (thats questionable) are the most boring to support, the only excitement is if we're in a relegation battle or get to a semi and play like we're in a friendly...........................
1 major trophy in our history is as a crap record as any team I can think of, Old Etonians have a fuller cabinet FFS.......

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 06:18 - May 18 with 1146 viewskernow

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 06:20 - May 17 by barry_sanchez

I would, I enjoyed football more in the leagues below, we had a chance of winning, in the Premiership we make up the numbers and thats it, the money we get doesn't go back into the club, stable Premiership clubs (thats questionable) are the most boring to support, the only excitement is if we're in a relegation battle or get to a semi and play like we're in a friendly...........................
1 major trophy in our history is as a crap record as any team I can think of, Old Etonians have a fuller cabinet FFS.......

Go support a team that wins trophies then and give us a break from your moaning.
Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 07:16 - May 20 with 1037 viewsbarry_sanchez

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 06:18 - May 18 by kernow

Go support a team that wins trophies then and give us a break from your moaning.

Why? Is moaning not part of being a fan, blind acceptance of shite means we deserve it, we've a terrible record at winning things and the comfort blanket that's thrown at us actually makes it more apparent ie 1976 do's and dinner's every 5 mins or that we've competed (loosely termed) in the higher echelons for decades, that's an achievement of course but not a reason rest on laurels, we are and always will be a low aspiration club.
I'd love you to give me evidence to the contrary.

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 17:36 - May 20 with 965 viewsSadoldgit

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 08:34 - May 16 by barry_sanchez

Is continually going on about 76 is actually embarrassing and shows how little we’ve won in our history, I can’t think of a club our size less successful.

Oh dear Barry. You will really never get over this will you. Just as well that you aren’t a Crystal Palace supporter. Someone has to be bottom of the pile. I suggest you go off and support Leicester as you are so envious of them. If supporting a club was only about success there are many clubs that would have very little support at all.
Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 20:11 - May 20 with 934 viewsbarry_sanchez

Don't mind admitting I'm totally jealous of Leicester on 17:36 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

Oh dear Barry. You will really never get over this will you. Just as well that you aren’t a Crystal Palace supporter. Someone has to be bottom of the pile. I suggest you go off and support Leicester as you are so envious of them. If supporting a club was only about success there are many clubs that would have very little support at all.

Its not about success its about the endeavor for success, I've told you that 100 times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024