Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets 10:40 - May 21 with 7564 viewsboromat

Suppose this is one of the next big topics we'll be discussing over the next few weeks. I think the last update we got was that we were waiting to know for certain what the situation will be for next season. We can't be far off that now really.

Do we think we're waiting for the outcomes of June 1st before making any commercial decisions?

As it stands I have the feeling the club are budgeting like last season on the assumption we'll have no fans. Potentially edging their bets and keeping the budget the same in the hope we'll get some crowds and that covers the drop in finances due to the relegation. Cash flow through this close season could be a concern.

What are we predicting for the prices? I'll go with price freeze and they'll be the same as pre-covid when we were in League 1.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Tickets on 10:54 - May 21 with 4839 viewsfinberty

It'd be good for some gesture to those who paid in full for last season, but I'm not holding my breath.
Season Tickets on 11:13 - May 21 with 4799 viewsDaleFan7

I think prices will be the same as last season, too. If they increase them then they really do run the risk of alienating an entire fanbase.

The interesting thing for me will be whether they offer any compensation to those whose ST last season cost more than 23 ifollow passes.

An adult season ticket in the Main Stand was £335 and they received £230 worth of 'product' from it. Will there be a £105 discount for those people this season? If not, will they be able to claim a refund?
Season Tickets on 11:32 - May 21 with 4751 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets on 11:13 - May 21 by DaleFan7

I think prices will be the same as last season, too. If they increase them then they really do run the risk of alienating an entire fanbase.

The interesting thing for me will be whether they offer any compensation to those whose ST last season cost more than 23 ifollow passes.

An adult season ticket in the Main Stand was £335 and they received £230 worth of 'product' from it. Will there be a £105 discount for those people this season? If not, will they be able to claim a refund?

I'd suggest it'll be highly unlikely refunds will be applied retrospectively; there was plenty of opportunity to claim one last season. That's not to say the club shouldn't make some kind of gesture towards those who chose not to apply for a refund - other than a V sign, that is

I'll be more interested to see what the potd pricing looks like for L2 football, and whether the Rewards Card is offered again with a potd discount

Dunno what the L2 average potd price is but if we're above average they're shooting themselves in both feet - the ones that fans will vote with in the absence of any other kind of vote

[Post edited 21 May 2021 11:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Tickets on 11:36 - May 21 with 4733 viewsSuddenLad

Season Tickets on 11:13 - May 21 by DaleFan7

Yes, it's a dilemma and a fine balance will need to be struck when pricing is considered. If you take into account those full paying customers, who ALSO decided not to claim a refund for the unused tickets for the previous season, then they will be significantly out of pocket, even though a proportion of that total was of their own choosing.

Around £200 down in total. A hefty sum. That needs to be addressed and acknowledged. It may still be the case that some supporters will forgo the balance if they wish, but that must not be 'assumed'. I'm sure it won't be, but some careful thought is needed and adequate options and alternatives should be made available.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season Tickets on 12:03 - May 21 with 4667 viewsDalenet

The Government isn't going to confirm whether restrictions are to be lifted until 21st June. Even then there is a lot of doubt. So if the club isn't facing an immediate cashflow crisis, it makes sense to wait until the end of June to make any announcements. Otherwise they will have to plan on social distancing measures for seat allocation.

As for prices - it would be nice to see a gesture to those that paid full price beyond the iFollow price last season. Other clubs have done that. But I wouldn't want to see that place the club into a more perilous state. I fully expect a price freeze and no early bird window - in other words we all pay the same price

POTD is becoming a real challenge for lower league clubs. With Premier League now trying to cap away fan ticket pricing, there is a danger that some lower league clubs will be charging more than Premier League for POTD. That isn't sustainable. The hoped for salary cap might have allowed more sensible ticket pricing, but those hopes are dashed.

Anyhow, there was supposed to be a fans panel for season tickets this season. We heard it met once and was to meet again once the club had refined its thinking. Have we heard whether it has met again? If not, I can only assume that the club is someway away from making any announcements.
Season Tickets on 19:45 - May 21 with 4403 viewsonedalefan

Season Tickets on 11:32 - May 21 by D_Alien

I'd suggest it'll be highly unlikely refunds will be applied retrospectively; there was plenty of opportunity to claim one last season. That's not to say the club shouldn't make some kind of gesture towards those who chose not to apply for a refund - other than a V sign, that is

I'll be more interested to see what the potd pricing looks like for L2 football, and whether the Rewards Card is offered again with a potd discount

Dunno what the L2 average potd price is but if we're above average they're shooting themselves in both feet - the ones that fans will vote with in the absence of any other kind of vote

[Post edited 21 May 2021 11:35]

If I remember correctly, any person who decided to claim a refund during the season also lost their seat for the next season with no guarantee that they could get it again.
Season Tickets on 20:37 - May 21 with 4330 viewsfinberty

Season Tickets on 19:45 - May 21 by onedalefan

If I remember correctly, any person who decided to claim a refund during the season also lost their seat for the next season with no guarantee that they could get it again.

OOh. That'll make it hard to find an alternative.

[Not a dig at you, ODF].
[Post edited 21 May 2021 20:39]
Season Tickets on 21:44 - May 21 with 4240 viewsriggers37

Most other clubs have released their season ticket prices and some have even started selling them! A lot well under £200 with incentives like reduced price if you had a season ticket in 2019/20 but didn’t renew last season.

Seems strange for us not to?

If social distancing is still in place its a good bet that it will be as now, 25% capacity or 10000 whichever is less. 25% of the capacity will cover the number of season tickets we sell.

If the club waits till the announcement and fans aren’t allowed in the grounds then no season tickets will have been sold. The club will have lost the money from people who have bought season tickets but don’t claim a refund? Seem to be shooting themselves in the foot by potentially ensuring no funds at all from season ticket sales.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets on 23:05 - May 21 with 4145 viewsSandyman

A lot will depend on whether Bottomley is still involved in the club. His retention will lose a lot of season card sales.
Season Tickets on 10:44 - May 22 with 3888 viewsBarrowdale

Season Tickets on 23:05 - May 21 by Sandyman

A lot will depend on whether Bottomley is still involved in the club. His retention will lose a lot of season card sales.

No it wont. You are a vocal minority who are becoming tiresome.
Sc takeup will be on price and opportunity of getting in the ground.
Season Tickets on 10:49 - May 22 with 3868 viewsRAFCBLUE

Season Tickets on 10:44 - May 22 by Barrowdale

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/270894/vote-of-confidence-

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Season Tickets on 11:38 - May 22 with 3791 viewsRAFCBLUE

Season Tickets on 21:44 - May 21 by riggers37

Most other clubs have released their season ticket prices and some have even started selling them! A lot well under £200 with incentives like reduced price if you had a season ticket in 2019/20 but didn’t renew last season.

Seems strange for us not to?

If social distancing is still in place its a good bet that it will be as now, 25% capacity or 10000 whichever is less. 25% of the capacity will cover the number of season tickets we sell.

If the club waits till the announcement and fans aren’t allowed in the grounds then no season tickets will have been sold. The club will have lost the money from people who have bought season tickets but don’t claim a refund? Seem to be shooting themselves in the foot by potentially ensuring no funds at all from season ticket sales.

I think we will have lost a number of season ticket holders for three main reasons.

First a number have sadly passed away either during the pandemic or because of it.

Second, the habit of travelling around the UK and going to football has been broken. The EFL are going to allow a version of iFollow next season so there will be some fans who will consume some games that the way which was not a choice before pandemic. That option conflicts with Season Tickets.

Third, price. The UK is seeing price inflation but not wage inflation meaning individual budgets will be squeezed; that's why you are seeing lots of clubs drop their prices to tempt people back in. Rochdale, in economic terms, has a number of challenges to overcome.

The feelings about the club don't help, but there is a huge marketing effort to encouraged lapsed fans to attend and then commit to a season ticket.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Season Tickets on 11:44 - May 22 with 3777 viewsnordenblue

Season Tickets on 11:38 - May 22 by RAFCBLUE

I think we will have lost a number of season ticket holders for three main reasons.

First a number have sadly passed away either during the pandemic or because of it.

Second, the habit of travelling around the UK and going to football has been broken. The EFL are going to allow a version of iFollow next season so there will be some fans who will consume some games that the way which was not a choice before pandemic. That option conflicts with Season Tickets.

Third, price. The UK is seeing price inflation but not wage inflation meaning individual budgets will be squeezed; that's why you are seeing lots of clubs drop their prices to tempt people back in. Rochdale, in economic terms, has a number of challenges to overcome.

The feelings about the club don't help, but there is a huge marketing effort to encouraged lapsed fans to attend and then commit to a season ticket.

All this after blatantly not giving a toss about the very same fan base for months and months on end... they will reap the benefits of their continuous shit show when they do eventually go on sale, should be fun watching that blubbering idiot trying to explain that one from behind the tears
Season Tickets on 12:02 - May 22 with 3746 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Don't be so sure about that. The reason most people are keeping quiet about it, is that they'll wait until after the 1st of June, before voting with their wallets. The current regime will cripple the club with their idiocy.
Season Tickets on 12:08 - May 22 with 3730 viewsD_Alien

That's whooshed a couple already!

Season Tickets on 12:10 - May 22 with 3712 viewsMass_Debater

Season Tickets on 10:49 - May 22 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/270894/vote-of-confidence-

Whoooooooooooooooooooooosh
Season Tickets on 14:01 - May 22 with 3552 viewsRAFCBLUE

Season Tickets on 12:10 - May 22 by Mass_Debater

Whoooooooooooooooooooooosh

There is still time to vote

Season Tickets on 17:28 - May 22 with 3342 viewsJames1980

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot is hinging on the result of the EGM's and then what is decided come June 21st.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season Tickets on 17:59 - May 23 with 2983 viewsblackdogblue

I have voted with the trust and whatever the outcome will not change my opinion on next season no matter who is in the boardroom / Manager & my personal opinions aside on this subject...

I did not renew last season, why would I need 3 I follow passes? On the thread of changes, I never in my life have drank in the house, that’s changed now & Dog being closed aside, have no desire to rush into the village or other local pubs for a beer...

We as a family have followed them home & 90% away for many, many years now... Going back pre Covid, if the price remained the same at nearly £800 for the 3 of us (Daughter lost interest 😢), would I see it for value for money in League 2 after this seasons performance??? Hell No...

What is going on from the dugout upwards aside, we go to support our team but until this is restored on the pitch, I’m not paying a lot of money to watch us get stuffed every week...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Season Tickets on 20:12 - May 23 with 2863 viewsboromat

Lots of people mentioning something for those who decided to leave their money in the club. Really don't understand why, everyone with STs were offered a refund if you didn't take them up on the refund then decision made! End of.

I left my money in the club. And it's been acknowledged and thanked several times by the club and for me that's enough. Any additional thing the club might do to acknowledge these contributions wouldn't be for me they'd be for the PR of it and if that's what they want to do then fine but make it so that it's something to help bring fans or new fans in rather than refunding me the money I've consciously left with the club.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Tickets on 20:55 - May 23 with 2825 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

With respect, that’s bollocks. Took my time to respond to this particular post as I wasn’t sure if it was slightly tongue in cheek or not. I will be renewing my season ticket but that’s purely out of habit & seeing my mates, it’s got nothing to do with the crap the club has been uttering for the last 12 plus months or the state of the boardroom.
I respect anyone’s decision if they decide to keep their cash in their pocket, they’ve earned it & that’s their choice.
Season Tickets on 21:06 - May 23 with 2810 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets on 20:55 - May 23 by Plattyswrinklynuts

With respect, that’s bollocks. Took my time to respond to this particular post as I wasn’t sure if it was slightly tongue in cheek or not. I will be renewing my season ticket but that’s purely out of habit & seeing my mates, it’s got nothing to do with the crap the club has been uttering for the last 12 plus months or the state of the boardroom.
I respect anyone’s decision if they decide to keep their cash in their pocket, they’ve earned it & that’s their choice.

Slightly?

Season Tickets on 21:42 - May 23 with 2767 viewsTVOS1907

Season Tickets on 20:55 - May 23 by Plattyswrinklynuts

If you look at all of barrowdale's previous posts, you'd realise how tongue-in-cheek it is.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season Tickets on 21:53 - May 23 with 2751 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets on 21:42 - May 23 by TVOS1907

If you look at all of barrowdale's previous posts, you'd realise how tongue-in-cheek it is.

There's a multitude of posts flagging this up, earlier in the thread!!

Season Tickets on 00:42 - May 24 with 2649 viewsShun

Season Tickets on 21:53 - May 23 by D_Alien

There's a multitude of posts flagging this up, earlier in the thread!!

I’m with the other posters on this thread, I find it very hard to believe that was tongue in cheek!
[Post edited 24 May 2021 0:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024