Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christian Eriksen 09:26 - Jun 13 with 988 viewsSaintNick

Very distressing to see him collapse, you have to admire the Denmark team who stood up like men and surrounded him to give him privacy, I think half our team would have run off crying

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Christian Eriksen on 09:27 - Jun 13 with 973 viewsChesham_Saint

I’m not so sure about that Nick. Events like that often bring out the best in people.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Christian Eriksen on 10:46 - Jun 13 with 934 viewsdirk_doone

They were crying. I don't think our team would have behaved any differently. They are human too.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Christian Eriksen on 11:13 - Jun 13 with 894 viewskingslandstand1

I can't imaging that was a tongue in cheek comment for something so serious, but assuming it wasn't I think you're totally wrong.

I never prticularly liked the player and thought he was over-rated etc, but I was almost close to tears worrying about what we might all be witnessing so imagine how all pro footballers must have felt and it would have affected the England players the same. A few of the England players were also team mates so I believe they would haev acted in the same way
Christian Eriksen on 12:18 - Jun 13 with 861 viewsSadoldgit

Christian Eriksen on 10:46 - Jun 13 by dirk_doone

They were crying. I don't think our team would have behaved any differently. They are human too.

They were and why wouldn’t they be? It was a very harrowing situation and looked very bad for a while. Thankfully he was revived and it getting well looked after but it would have been traumatic enough if it had been on a park pitch, let alone broadcast live in front of millions. Imagine what his family and friends went through. It’s very odd when human beings are criticised for showing human emotions and I think any team would have done what the Denmark team did for their colleague.
Christian Eriksen on 17:48 - Jun 13 with 757 viewsNewdawn2014

its a bit outdated to assume men don`t cry , absolutely nothing wrong with showing emotion.
I never watched it but he`s a very lucky man to have people who acted so quickly to save him, best of luck with his recovery.
Christian Eriksen on 19:44 - Jun 13 with 694 viewsSadoldgit

So it was a heart attack and the first blast of the defib did the trick and got it going again. Lucky man.
Christian Eriksen on 20:03 - Jun 13 with 684 viewssaint22

Christian Eriksen on 17:48 - Jun 13 by Newdawn2014

its a bit outdated to assume men don`t cry , absolutely nothing wrong with showing emotion.
I never watched it but he`s a very lucky man to have people who acted so quickly to save him, best of luck with his recovery.

Agreed
I would actually say that real men do cry
Christian Eriksen on 20:12 - Jun 13 with 677 viewsBicester_North

Christian Eriksen on 20:03 - Jun 13 by saint22

Agreed
I would actually say that real men do cry

Every man has cried at some point

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Christian Eriksen on 21:23 - Jun 13 with 640 viewscocklebreath

Mods close this thread, bad taste. Oh

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Christian Eriksen on 10:14 - Jun 14 with 546 viewsSaintNick

Christian Eriksen on 21:23 - Jun 13 by cocklebreath

Mods close this thread, bad taste. Oh

This was a thread to praise the way the Denmark team behaved, no one should see it as a slur on some of them who were clearly distressed, my point was that even though they were, they still did what they had to do.

I wasn't being tongue in cheek about our team, yes it would have brought the best out in some of our players, but I truly believe that the reaction would not have overall have been as the Denmark team behaved.

Christian Eriksen on 10:24 - Jun 14 with 535 viewssaints__fan__73

Christian Eriksen on 10:14 - Jun 14 by SaintNick

This was a thread to praise the way the Denmark team behaved, no one should see it as a slur on some of them who were clearly distressed, my point was that even though they were, they still did what they had to do.

I wasn't being tongue in cheek about our team, yes it would have brought the best out in some of our players, but I truly believe that the reaction would not have overall have been as the Denmark team behaved.

1st rule of holes Nick, when in one, stop digging.....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Christian Eriksen on 14:57 - Jun 14 with 467 viewsSadoldgit

Christian Eriksen on 10:14 - Jun 14 by SaintNick

I often agree with your points Nick, but not this one. I don’t know why you would have expected a different reaction from our team. One thing you can be sure of any team, in situations like this they all pull together for a team mate. It isn’t the first time a team has crowded round a colleague. I’m surprised that you think that we have spineless players who would do otherwise.
Christian Eriksen on 15:31 - Jun 14 with 448 viewssaints__fan__73

Christian Eriksen on 14:57 - Jun 14 by Sadoldgit

I often agree with your points Nick, but not this one. I don’t know why you would have expected a different reaction from our team. One thing you can be sure of any team, in situations like this they all pull together for a team mate. It isn’t the first time a team has crowded round a colleague. I’m surprised that you think that we have spineless players who would do otherwise.

Odd thing to be used to berate the national team about.

I guess Scousers never like England do they.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Christian Eriksen on 15:57 - Jun 14 with 426 viewsSaintNick

Christian Eriksen on 14:57 - Jun 14 by Sadoldgit

I just think that some of our footballers have grown up with no experience of life and although some of them would react well, I think a lot would just not know what to do, I know its a little out of order to think that, but I just think a lot of the england squad have lost touch with the real world

Christian Eriksen on 16:01 - Jun 14 with 424 viewsSadoldgit

Christian Eriksen on 15:57 - Jun 14 by SaintNick

I just think that some of our footballers have grown up with no experience of life and although some of them would react well, I think a lot would just not know what to do, I know its a little out of order to think that, but I just think a lot of the england squad have lost touch with the real world

I don’t disagree that some are naive, but they would take their lead from more experience players wouldn’t they? Not every Danish player decided to form a ring about Erickson at the same time.
Christian Eriksen on 16:07 - Jun 14 with 419 viewsChesham_Saint

Christian Eriksen on 15:57 - Jun 14 by SaintNick

I’d assumed you were talking about the Saints team, not England.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024