Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fans who shaped a revolution 10:24 - Jun 18 with 4180 viewsAtThePeake

Brilliant as always from Fitzo.

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2021/06/18/the-fans-who-shaped-a-revolution/

Tangled up in blue.

The fans who shaped a revolution on 11:50 - Jun 18 with 4027 viewselectricblue

Fantastic article by Fitzo..

Ive copied n pasted that article and sent it to my WHU mate in London who asked to be kept upto date about the situation from the first murmurings to today......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The fans who shaped a revolution on 11:54 - Jun 18 with 4019 viewsKnavesmireBob

First time poster. Dale fan 30+ years, first trip to Spotland vs Gretna in the FA Cup '91. Grandparents ran the Black Dog and Flower of the Valley back in the 60s/70s. Born in the town but long since exiled, currently living in York, get to approx 10 games a year and listen/stream the rest.

I've read this message board almost every day the last 10+ years, listened to every podcast episode (superb, the best thing to come out of the pandemic), but never posted as I don't feel my tupennyworth carries much value given I'm no longer resident in the borough.

However, on the back of reading another excellent Fitzo blog I just wanted to log in now and express a massive thank you, to all of you who have fought this fight in whatever form. Never more has the last few months crystallised why I continue to passionately support this club, despite the distance. I've come to realise it's not really about what happens on the pitch, it's more about connection to who we are as Rochdale people. Our values. As others have said, there's perhaps no other fanbase that could do this, in such an understated, humble and ego-less way. After a couple of years of increasing disillusionment, I've read this message board every day in June with a smile on my face and a glow in my heart, and it feels amazing to be a Dale fan again. To know that we've been tested, and we've shown collectively we're strong enough to resist. For all of you who've played a part in this, I just want to let you know there's people like me out there, lurking away quietly in the background, that are hugely appreciative of everything you do. I owe you, more than you'll ever know. Never give up. Up the Dale.
The fans who shaped a revolution on 12:20 - Jun 18 with 3939 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Another new poster who has watched from afar as the last few weeks have unearthed some collective misgivings that would have Fred turning in his grave. This article by Fitzo captures the alternative, the spirit of the fans. I have nothing but admiration for the Dale Trust and would encourage every single Dale fan to join their ranks. The article paints a fantastic picture of the spirit to stand up for what is right. We all knew there were/are wrong uns in the club and the Trust rescued us from the jaws of the abyss. Good on you ladies and gentleman of the revolution. Truly, truly inspiring.
The fans who shaped a revolution on 12:21 - Jun 18 with 3934 viewsSuddenLad

The fans who shaped a revolution on 11:54 - Jun 18 by KnavesmireBob

First time poster. Dale fan 30+ years, first trip to Spotland vs Gretna in the FA Cup '91. Grandparents ran the Black Dog and Flower of the Valley back in the 60s/70s. Born in the town but long since exiled, currently living in York, get to approx 10 games a year and listen/stream the rest.

I've read this message board almost every day the last 10+ years, listened to every podcast episode (superb, the best thing to come out of the pandemic), but never posted as I don't feel my tupennyworth carries much value given I'm no longer resident in the borough.

However, on the back of reading another excellent Fitzo blog I just wanted to log in now and express a massive thank you, to all of you who have fought this fight in whatever form. Never more has the last few months crystallised why I continue to passionately support this club, despite the distance. I've come to realise it's not really about what happens on the pitch, it's more about connection to who we are as Rochdale people. Our values. As others have said, there's perhaps no other fanbase that could do this, in such an understated, humble and ego-less way. After a couple of years of increasing disillusionment, I've read this message board every day in June with a smile on my face and a glow in my heart, and it feels amazing to be a Dale fan again. To know that we've been tested, and we've shown collectively we're strong enough to resist. For all of you who've played a part in this, I just want to let you know there's people like me out there, lurking away quietly in the background, that are hugely appreciative of everything you do. I owe you, more than you'll ever know. Never give up. Up the Dale.

Don't be shy about posting on here KD. You're as much a Dale fan as any of us and entitled to express your views as you see fit.

Great post, by the way. Up the Dale.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The fans who shaped a revolution on 15:00 - Jun 18 with 3656 viewsBazzanne

Living on the other side of the world I found it riveting to follow the happenings at Dale over the past few weeks. I was worried about what was going to happen to the club I have supported for 70+ years. Thanks to the efforts of the Trust and others I have more confidence going forward from here. Hopefully with a few good additions to the team we may see better times on the pitch as well. Well done to all involved. UTD.
The fans who shaped a revolution on 15:12 - Jun 18 with 3621 viewswatchmaker

Excellent piece as always from Fitzo. Hat tip to all who got together to first of all fully study tand understand the boards initial plans/intents. Then to come together and challenge with logic not shouts these plans and thereby end them. Chris captures this and played his own part. As an exile i owe a massive thank you. Hopefully there will be fans of other clubs who read this piece and learn from it.
PS put me down for shares when they are offered.
The fans who shaped a revolution on 17:58 - Jun 18 with 3373 viewsJames1980

Thank you for this excellent and informative piece. Also thank you to all of those involved in uncovering what 'The Plan' was and what it could have done to the club. Maybe 'The Plan' could be the title of a book about these events.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The fans who shaped a revolution on 09:32 - Jun 19 with 3099 viewsTalkingSutty

The fans who shaped a revolution on 11:54 - Jun 18 by KnavesmireBob

Lovely post KB, you love the Club the same as us and you are very obviously one of us, never be afraid to voice your opinion on your club. The good ship Rochdale now enters calmer waters, it’s been very stormy of late but caution still needs to be applied even now. The removal of Rawlinson and Bottomley was never a witch hunt, they were the architects of their own downfall, make no mistake about that. The AGM/EGM scuppered the desperate plans of those tasked with looking after our football club, had the motions be passed the Club would have very likely been heading directly for the rocks as i compose this post.

Three of those Directors are still in the Boardroom, Kelly, Pockney and Grindrod and they have all revealed their hand now, we know how they viewed the shareholders and how they wanted to remove their say on the running of the Club. The interim Chairman wanted to off load the club, he can’t deny that and he knows it, all three of them did. It’s important now that if shares do become available for fans to buy that we all take the opportunity. If finances dictate a choice between buying a replica shirt or shares, chose the share option.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 9:35]
Login to get fewer ads

The fans who shaped a revolution on 09:38 - Jun 19 with 3078 viewsfitzochris

Thanks ATP 👍

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024