Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sharehunters alert 14:13 - Jun 30 with 36349 viewsSandyman

Looks like someone / some people are trying to hoover up shares.

[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 14:14]
Sharehunters alert on 22:33 - Jun 30 with 4451 viewsJames1980

Sharehunters alert on 22:25 - Jun 30 by tony_roch975

well according to the Confirmation statement Nick Grindrod is a new shareholder with 100 shares, ditto Jack Northover with 20, ditto George Delves with 20 and D Bottomley's holding is down by 140 - circumstantial but??

Didn't want to name names incase 100+20+20 didn't equal that 140

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sharehunters alert on 22:59 - Jun 30 with 4324 viewstony_roch975

Sharehunters alert on 22:33 - Jun 30 by James1980

Didn't want to name names incase 100+20+20 didn't equal that 140

correct (the Statement doesn't state where the shares came from) which is why I said 'circumstantial' but as they can't be new issue they must be transfers and the other new transfers appear to be inter-family/bequests or the G Morris transfer to the new directors which he announced at the EGM. I'm not keen on ITK threads so wanted to make clear what was being implied - the statement is a public document so anyone named is free to correct any misinterpretations.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 23:01]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Sharehunters alert on 16:17 - Jul 1 with 3866 viewsRAFCBLUE

Anyone receiving these communications should make an immediate check of their internet and financial security to make sure they have not been compromised because as far as I'm concerned this is nothing more than a crude fraud attempt against Dale shareholders.

I've received this afternoon a "PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL, SUBJECT TO CONTRACT" email communication today which is full of what I can only describe as complete and utter bullshit.

The fraudster is interested in buying my shares but they already have 55% of the shares in Rochdale; i.e. they have control of the club.

If I'd already bought 55% of a company then I'd legally control it and I'd not have to buy another penny of shares. The Chairman said on Twitter that he's never heard of them which was the other big clue!

Unfortunately these evil fraudster types would have no issue stealing financially or the personal data from unsuspecting individuals and I guess that is what happens when you happen to be in the press when the CEO and manager leave within a few days of one another.

If you get such an email, the sensible thing to do to protect yourself is delete it.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Sharehunters alert on 21:34 - Jul 1 with 3565 viewsjudd

Let's not lose sight of these greasy fookers in all that a going on.

If you know a shareholder please bring this shady approach to their attention and that it is not in the best interests of the club.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sharehunters alert on 21:47 - Jul 1 with 3508 viewsRAFCBLUE

Sharehunters alert on 21:34 - Jul 1 by judd

If you know a shareholder please bring this shady approach to their attention and that it is not in the best interests of the club.

Not just that judd, they're not in the best interests of the individual.

The Board of this club said, just one month ago that the value of a share was £6.

£6.

Anyone offering less than that is making an insulting offer. The boiler scam frauds are all about getting you to invest in something that doesn't exist.

This derivation is a request to a shareholder to sell their shares to a completely unknown and unheard of entity.

I would not be giving out my details at all so that someone could "wire me the monies"!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Sharehunters alert on 21:53 - Jul 1 with 3474 viewsjudd

Sharehunters alert on 21:47 - Jul 1 by RAFCBLUE

The Board of this club said, just one month ago that the value of a share was £6.

£6.

Anyone offering less than that is making an insulting offer. The boiler scam frauds are all about getting you to invest in something that doesn't exist.

This derivation is a request to a shareholder to sell their shares to a completely unknown and unheard of entity.

I would not be giving out my details at all so that someone could "wire me the monies"!

It all adds up, RAFCBLUE, in raising the defences of our club again.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sharehunters alert on 22:52 - Jul 1 with 3288 viewsTomRAFC

Sharehunters alert on 21:34 - Jul 1 by judd

Well said, this is a far bigger threat than anything else at the moment.

I'm not well up on company law etc but the prospects seem very daunting.

If any combo of Altman, Marcelli, Kelly, Kilpatrick sold up, then these people would have a large stake in the club, maybe even a majority depending on who sold.

Having shares would also mean they could have first opportunity to buy when the share release goes to an EGM.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 22:53]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Sharehunters alert on 09:25 - Jul 2 with 3003 viewsDaleiLama

Sharehunters alert on 22:52 - Jul 1 by TomRAFC

Well said, this is a far bigger threat than anything else at the moment.

I'm not well up on company law etc but the prospects seem very daunting.

If any combo of Altman, Marcelli, Kelly, Kilpatrick sold up, then these people would have a large stake in the club, maybe even a majority depending on who sold.

Having shares would also mean they could have first opportunity to buy when the share release goes to an EGM.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 22:53]

Whilst I absolutely applaud the call for constant vigilance and don't for a second think we should stop questioning absolutely everything that happens, I do wonder how much of a credible threat this is. There is a big difference between having a Roller on the drive to give the illusion of being minted and not actually having a pot to piss in and leveraged debt up to your eye balls. A bit of a problem when it comes to actually paying for someones shares. Also, a failed attempt to gain control of the club would leave a chancer with a lot of paper which would effectively be worthless.

I am certainly not advocating complacency, but I feel the chancers have been seen coming and the board are ahead of the game. The sooner more shares can be issued and mopped up by us fans the better too. RAFCBLUE fas been all over the legal and fiscal side of the AGM/EGM issues from the off and has no doubt forgotten more than I'll ever know in this respect. Apart from the snide tactics being used to try to dupe genuine people (many of whom may be elderly) does it seem likely that this latest attempt could gain traction RB? Thanks in advance

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Sharehunters alert on 10:04 - Jul 2 with 2885 viewsShun

Out of interest, when the club does release new shares are there any safeguarding measures to ensure they aren’t all just purchased by shysters like this?
Sharehunters alert on 10:11 - Jul 2 with 2869 viewsjonahwhereru

Sharehunters alert on 21:47 - Jul 1 by RAFCBLUE

£6.

In the cold light of day £6 a share is extortion. It dramatically over values the club. Anyone with a share portfolio would not to them with a barge pole.
However football is emotive and I will be in the queue to buy some of the new share issue. But it will be through gritted teeth.
However The widest possible distribution of shares is the best message the supports can give to the new board. So wether you can afford 20 shares or 2000 I would urge all those who can afford what is a luxury to get involved. Those who may be naive enough to think it is a financial investment or simple cannot really afford it shouldn’t get involved.
UTD
Sharehunters alert on 10:15 - Jul 2 with 2860 viewsDalenet

Sharehunters alert on 10:04 - Jul 2 by Shun

Out of interest, when the club does release new shares are there any safeguarding measures to ensure they aren’t all just purchased by shysters like this?

One of the statements implied that shares would only be offered to selected individuals - perhaps season ticket holders. That way they know them to be fans. The Board know it is important to get that right. If they restrict the issue too, so nobody can buy more than a small share, it would also stop anybody from gaining any direct influence. Trying to buy up shares from hundreds of small investors would be much harder to do.
Sharehunters alert on 11:28 - Jul 2 with 2673 viewswatford_dale

Sharehunters alert on 10:11 - Jul 2 by jonahwhereru

In the cold light of day £6 a share is extortion. It dramatically over values the club. Anyone with a share portfolio would not to them with a barge pole.
However football is emotive and I will be in the queue to buy some of the new share issue. But it will be through gritted teeth.
However The widest possible distribution of shares is the best message the supports can give to the new board. So wether you can afford 20 shares or 2000 I would urge all those who can afford what is a luxury to get involved. Those who may be naive enough to think it is a financial investment or simple cannot really afford it shouldn’t get involved.
UTD

Agreed, £6 a share when we were in division 1 but to maintain that price with a drop in division is madness.

I highly doubt there will be many takers plus when we issue the increased shareholding, it is likely that a few game hunters will come along as they have the cash. Targeting the local populous in one of the most deprived town's in the country will be the challenge.

I appreciate that we may want to attach some conditions for sale of shares to prevent them being swept up by a crook as we did in the 80's but the overriding concept is that they need to be sold and attaching conditions will be bonkers. Money doesn't discriminate.

Plus a share issue is a one shot deal, what will be the trick next year and the year after that? The same economic challenges within the town will exist and the club will have to become more creative in securing future revenue streams.
Sharehunters alert on 12:09 - Jul 2 with 2558 viewsNewbury_Dale

I presume Andrew Kilpatrick's apparent 'disinterest' was more as a consequence of his other business commitments, and his geographical distance from the area. Rather than a genuine apathy towards the football club. I dont think his family's loyalty to the club can be questioned, over a long period of time. In view of that, you would be disappointed if we was to sell his shareholding to someone whose intentions could not be proven to be positive. To me, he is critical to all of this, with his shareholding being that much bigger than the rest.
Sharehunters alert on 12:15 - Jul 2 with 2527 viewsD_Alien

Sharehunters alert on 12:09 - Jul 2 by Newbury_Dale

I presume Andrew Kilpatrick's apparent 'disinterest' was more as a consequence of his other business commitments, and his geographical distance from the area. Rather than a genuine apathy towards the football club. I dont think his family's loyalty to the club can be questioned, over a long period of time. In view of that, you would be disappointed if we was to sell his shareholding to someone whose intentions could not be proven to be positive. To me, he is critical to all of this, with his shareholding being that much bigger than the rest.

Indeed, and it's perhaps a positive that he resigned as Chairman when he saw which way the windy board was blowing. Someone with less scruples might've stayed on to cash in

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sharehunters alert on 18:15 - Jul 2 with 2231 viewstony_roch975

think that's unfair on Kelly & Kilpatrick but surely the Board's announcement that they are going to do a shares issue with pre-emption rights (rather than sell a majority interest to a single investor) stymies Altman & Marcelli's bid and makes it more likely they will sell up?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 18:19]

Sharehunters alert on 18:17 - Jul 2 with 2224 viewstony_roch975

Email tonight from Board :
Dear All,

The board has been made aware that shareholders are being approached by an Andrew Curran via the agent Alexander Jarvis to purchase their shares in an attempt to take a controlling stake in the club. We believe that Mr Curran is being aided by the two deposed directors of RAFC at the EGM held on the 01/06/21 and believe they have also been offered their positions back on the board.

We have been told by the supporters trust that if this happens it will cause immense hostility amongst the fan base and will lead to the demise of our great club. We strongly urge you not to sell you shares. We have also been informed that as the potential purchasers have not advised us or applied to pass the relevant EFL tests in terms of club ownership, any sale of the shares to them may not be legal, and therefore void.

If you wish to call me on this issue then please e-mail me on simon.gauge@rochdaleafc.co.uk with your contact details and I will call you.

Kind regards,

Rochdale AFC

Sharehunters alert on 18:34 - Jul 2 with 2180 viewsSuddenLad

Can these deposed scumbags possibly sink any lower? They are making themselves complete pariahs in this town. How can they ever show their faces around the club ever again?

All this BS about 'loving this club'.

Utter bo**ocks.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sharehunters alert on 18:37 - Jul 2 with 2175 views442Dale

We are entering a very worrying situation.

Talk of clean slates elsewhere may have been valid a couple of hours ago, but this being thrown onto the field is possibly bigger than anything we saw in the whole of June.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sharehunters alert on 18:44 - Jul 2 with 2141 viewsSandyman

Sharehunters alert on 18:34 - Jul 2 by SuddenLad

Can these deposed scumbags possibly sink any lower? They are making themselves complete pariahs in this town. How can they ever show their faces around the club ever again?

All this BS about 'loving this club'.

Utter bo**ocks.

Looks like they want to kill the club, not love it.
Sharehunters alert on 18:51 - Jul 2 with 2106 viewsncfc_chalky

FFS.... when will it all end so I can do something more important that coming on this forum 😮

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Sharehunters alert on 19:01 - Jul 2 with 2032 viewsSuddenLad

Random question........

Is there any clause, condition or regulation, specifically applying to shareholders which allows for the annulment of their shareholding, in the event that it can be shown that they are actively engaged in conduct or behaviour which is detrimental to the organisation or company who issued those shares?

If so, the process needs to start.

Sharehunters alert on 19:19 - Jul 2 with 1966 views1907

I didn’t think was possible for Bottomley to be any more hated than he already was but he’s really giving it a good go. What an absolute stain on the town this man is. What can we as supporters do to make sure this god awful man has no further influence on our club?
Sharehunters alert on 19:52 - Jul 2 with 3173 views49thseason

Sharehunters alert on 19:01 - Jul 2 by SuddenLad

Random question........

Is there any clause, condition or regulation, specifically applying to shareholders which allows for the annulment of their shareholding, in the event that it can be shown that they are actively engaged in conduct or behaviour which is detrimental to the organisation or company who issued those shares?

If so, the process needs to start.

I dont think you can annul legally acquired shares but I believe the Directors have the right not to agree to a transfer of shares if they believe such a transfer would not be in the interests of the business. Clearly the transfer of large quantities of shares to a hostile acquirer could be so deemed. Apparently all Directors have to agree which might be a problem if there is a mole in the Boardroom.
https://www.companylawclub.co.uk/share-transfer-provisions
Sharehunters alert on 19:58 - Jul 2 with 3097 viewsSuddenLad

Sharehunters alert on 19:52 - Jul 2 by 49thseason

I dont think you can annul legally acquired shares but I believe the Directors have the right not to agree to a transfer of shares if they believe such a transfer would not be in the interests of the business. Clearly the transfer of large quantities of shares to a hostile acquirer could be so deemed. Apparently all Directors have to agree which might be a problem if there is a mole in the Boardroom.

Thank you.

I was trying to 'head them off at the pass' so to speak. That said, if ALL directors have to agree to the sale/transfer, it will become clear what intentions any of them may have when they will literally be forced to show their hand.

Sharehunters alert on 20:08 - Jul 2 with 3008 viewsAtThePeake

Sharehunters alert on 19:52 - Jul 2 by 49thseason

Why did all the board members agree to the sale of Chris Dunphy's shares to Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli if this is the case? They weren't exactly welcomed as shareholders at the time if I remember correctly.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024