Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sammy Lee 18:09 - Jul 13 with 12259 viewsEllDale

Coming to the COA in a mentoring capacity to help our new manager courtesy of the LMA
Sammy Lee on 18:11 - Jul 13 with 7758 views49thseason

Stockdale interview on official site and you tube
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 18:13]
Sammy Lee on 18:12 - Jul 13 with 7743 views442Dale

Really good interview that. There’s a steely determination and also recognises immediately where we are and what supporters want.

The emphasis on being horrible to play against was refreshing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sammy Lee on 18:16 - Jul 13 with 7710 viewsDaleFan7

Sammy Lee on 18:12 - Jul 13 by 442Dale

Really good interview that. There’s a steely determination and also recognises immediately where we are and what supporters want.

The emphasis on being horrible to play against was refreshing.

He's certainly had a good mentor in that sense.
Sammy Lee on 18:17 - Jul 13 with 7694 viewsfunkkk

Article here about what his role may entail:

https://leaguemanagers.com/news/lma-latest/lma-technical-mentoring-training-ilm-
Sammy Lee on 18:26 - Jul 13 with 7631 viewsTomRAFC

Great interview. I had been someone who had been more hopeful that we'd hire an experienced head but Stockdale really impressed me. I can see why he impressed the board too.

His comments about the club being fan owned were brilliant, and also hopefully a further thing to discourage Andy Curran.

Having Sammy Lee in a mentoring role is a huge positive. I was one of the people who thought BBM needed an experienced head in his backroom staff. As for his comments on the backroom staff, I think it would be positive for BBMs team to move on. Stockdale deserves his own team.

His comments about some players maybe moving on and his approach to transfers were all very progressive, sad as it would be to lose certain players.

If we can have a good transfer window, sack off Curran and get some more shares into fans hands, then the club could be in it's most positive position in years.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Sammy Lee on 18:44 - Jul 13 with 7512 views49thseason

Stockdale and Lee are both well acquainted with Sam Allardyce, so no shortage of people to turn to if he needs a second opinion. They all have great connections to other clubs and players too . This could be the start of something really great, God knows it needs to be, but strength comes from adversity and we have had a pan full of that lately.
Sammy Lee on 18:50 - Jul 13 with 7467 viewsjonahwhereru

Stand out comments:
Recruit players with physicality.
Play at a high tempo.
Music to most supports ears I would imagine. Sounds tailor made for Oli Rathbone, hopefully he will also see it that way. Got the impression that some players may have regretted signing, after BBM left. Hope the board are firm but fair here and don’t consider ripping up any recently signed contracts. If these players are not happy come the window, we can off load them, and get ones that want to play for the club, not just the manager.

Impressed.
Sammy Lee on 19:03 - Jul 13 with 7367 viewsseasidedale

I got the impression it was back room staff who could move on if they wanted
Login to get fewer ads

Sammy Lee on 19:12 - Jul 13 with 7286 viewsIOMDale

Sammy Lee on 19:03 - Jul 13 by seasidedale

I got the impression it was back room staff who could move on if they wanted

So did I - Riley and Gibbons come to mind.

UTDNFS

Sammy Lee on 19:20 - Jul 13 with 7224 viewsEllDale

My thoughts entirely although Jim McNulty may stay as he’s registered as a player as well.
Sounds like other members of staff have got until Friday though.
Sammy Lee on 19:25 - Jul 13 with 7162 viewsJames1980

Did BBM have the opportunity for a mentor arranged by the LMA I wonder or is it a fairly new initiative.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sammy Lee on 19:28 - Jul 13 with 7143 views442Dale

Sammy Lee on 19:25 - Jul 13 by James1980

Did BBM have the opportunity for a mentor arranged by the LMA I wonder or is it a fairly new initiative.

That article is from 2019 so you’d think any manager as a member of the LMA could access that support.

They’d need a big notepad to count all the passes in our own half.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sammy Lee on 19:29 - Jul 13 with 7139 viewsboromat

Sammy Lee on 18:50 - Jul 13 by jonahwhereru

Stand out comments:
Recruit players with physicality.
Play at a high tempo.
Music to most supports ears I would imagine. Sounds tailor made for Oli Rathbone, hopefully he will also see it that way. Got the impression that some players may have regretted signing, after BBM left. Hope the board are firm but fair here and don’t consider ripping up any recently signed contracts. If these players are not happy come the window, we can off load them, and get ones that want to play for the club, not just the manager.

Impressed.

Not just Rathbone and think it'll suit plenty of the players namely Done, Dooley, Odoh, Beesley.

More concerned for Morley, a player I've always thought highly of, he's not one for physicality or high energy. That's not to say he couldn't be though so I look forward to see how his game changes under the new regime.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Sammy Lee on 19:34 - Jul 13 with 7090 views49thseason

Maybe Morley will look like a better player if he has actual runners to find with his passes, Part of the problem last season was the lack of forwards and other midfielders quickly moving forwards into attacking spaces. I think Morley has the ability to find them if they show willing and get into the right positions. Being continually forced to look behind and sideways to make a pass is not Morley's game at all. Equally I think he could do more to get into those "edge of the area" situations which enable him to shoot at goal.
Sammy Lee on 19:54 - Jul 13 with 6936 viewsjokerthief

Surely this could be abbreviated to Coming to the COA in a MC to help ONM courtesy of the LMA IMO.
Sammy Lee on 20:03 - Jul 13 with 6888 viewsEllDale

As an aside (and I may be a bit of a dinosaur here) wasn’t it nice to see RS smartly dressed for his interviews today? Collar and tie etc.
Quite a change from the laidback hoody and tee shirt of BBM.
Sammy Lee on 21:41 - Jul 13 with 6500 viewsD_Alien

I reckon Sammy Lee will see eye to eye with Jack the Kitman

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sammy Lee on 21:56 - Jul 13 with 6410 viewsjonahwhereru

Sammy Lee on 21:41 - Jul 13 by D_Alien

I reckon Sammy Lee will see eye to eye with Jack the Kitman

Yeah, and I reckon Beesley will be nuts over Sammy!
Sammy Lee on 22:51 - Jul 13 with 6162 viewsShun

My favourite line in Stockdale's interview was 'fans will be here long after players and staff have left.' Someone who realises how important that is is off to a good start.
Sammy Lee on 23:23 - Jul 13 with 6063 viewsmikehunt

Oh my goodness! How have we got Stockdale under these current circumstances? What a beacon of hope he is. I’ve completely warmed to the guy based on that interview. If he moulds a team half as good as he projects himself I shall be well happy. (I’m still panicking internally at our situation though).

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Sammy Lee on 23:56 - Jul 13 with 5994 views_Windydale

After listening to his comments, I came away feeling that this is now a fresh new start and a new beginning for Dale.

A young Manager not tired and jaded carrying scars from previous battles, but one eager to build a new squad and entertain. It's also good he's not been around to carry any of the burdens caused by recent shenanigans.

If we had re-employed Hill, afflicted by previous tough assignments, it wouldn't be long before he's suffering from an emotional burn-out and verbally attacking the fans.
Sammy Lee on 06:28 - Jul 14 with 5757 viewsJessie

Sammy Lee on 23:23 - Jul 13 by mikehunt

Oh my goodness! How have we got Stockdale under these current circumstances? What a beacon of hope he is. I’ve completely warmed to the guy based on that interview. If he moulds a team half as good as he projects himself I shall be well happy. (I’m still panicking internally at our situation though).

Hi! I'm new here. I've been following Robbie Stockdale's coaching career ever since he became the first team coach under Allardyce at Sunderland. He really is a good coach and also a nice guy (I have never met him personally but have seen plenty of comments from people who have.) He did an amazing job as the head coach of Sunderland's youth team. You can read about it on his Wikipedia page - I compiled the stats of that part of his career on there.

Just curious as to what situation are you talking about exactly? Thanks. I hope Robbie has made the right choice to start his managerial career at Rochdale. I've read many comments by you people since he joined this club last week and you all seem very nice people.
Sammy Lee on 07:37 - Jul 14 with 5619 viewsjonahwhereru

Sammy Lee on 06:28 - Jul 14 by Jessie

Hi! I'm new here. I've been following Robbie Stockdale's coaching career ever since he became the first team coach under Allardyce at Sunderland. He really is a good coach and also a nice guy (I have never met him personally but have seen plenty of comments from people who have.) He did an amazing job as the head coach of Sunderland's youth team. You can read about it on his Wikipedia page - I compiled the stats of that part of his career on there.

Just curious as to what situation are you talking about exactly? Thanks. I hope Robbie has made the right choice to start his managerial career at Rochdale. I've read many comments by you people since he joined this club last week and you all seem very nice people.

Thanks for the post.

The situation is that there are aggressive sharks from distant climates circling the club.

Not a great time to be dipping a toe in the water.
Sammy Lee on 10:07 - Jul 14 with 5315 viewsJessie

Sammy Lee on 07:37 - Jul 14 by jonahwhereru

Thanks for the post.

The situation is that there are aggressive sharks from distant climates circling the club.

Not a great time to be dipping a toe in the water.

Thanks. Hopefully it won't affect his overall plan for the new season. Sunderland had trouble at board level when he was there so he probably isn't unfamiliar with such things....
Sammy Lee on 10:37 - Jul 14 with 5213 viewsDaleiLama

Sammy Lee on 10:07 - Jul 14 by Jessie

Thanks. Hopefully it won't affect his overall plan for the new season. Sunderland had trouble at board level when he was there so he probably isn't unfamiliar with such things....

If we pick up any players you are familiar with from following his career, would be very interested to hear your opinions too. Thanks for posting.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024