Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third Covid Wave 10:36 - Jul 16 with 55884 viewsSadoldgit

Infection and hospital rates climbing rapidly. Death rates projected at 200 per day. Nearly 4m people at serious risk. New information coming out about the problems Covid cause the body if it doesn’t kill you. People laid up for the best part of a year with serious complications. Concern over the AstraZenica vaccine. Is it really wise to lift most of the restrictions on Monday? We have been told that we aren’t going back into another lockdown situation no matter what, but Whitty seems to think it might have to be on the cards.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 9:29]
Third Covid Wave on 20:25 - Jul 17 with 1240 viewscocklebreath

Third Covid Wave on 17:42 - Jul 17 by kentsouthampton

He's right it's not going away, it will become endemic and younger people will catch it several times in their lifetimes, you can either hide away and ruin your life chances or get on with your life, I know which route I'm going down.

I agree just wondered if he was an anti vaxxer

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Third Covid Wave on 00:38 - Jul 18 with 1165 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 19:34 - Jul 17 by Berber

Ah, so you think T&T should stop all activities until the numbers come down to manageable numbers? Do even less than they are now? They have no value to add currently? Just depend on those who think they have it to tale a lateral flow test and act as they see fit? Or are you suggesting that we just lock up tight again to mitigate the spread? With R at 1.2-1.4 at present, lockdown would be the only way to control it. What exactly should T&T be doing? Or are you just having a whinge? That is OK by the way. How will new variants be picked up and tracked if T&T don't proactively isolate the most identifiably risky parts of the population?

We would have been delighted if all these pinged people isolated in January, closing down the economy as you say. I don't remember the economy shutting down though, apart from the air travel and hospitality businesses, and frankly, that is where most of the whinging is coming from as I read it. I'll grant that there are other areas being impacted like one of the London Tube lines, but is it anything disastrous? The sensible business leaders are now saying "more home working then,' which seems eminently sensible. There are virologists saying that hospitals are easily able to cope currently, and suggesting that the modelling looks like they will continue to manage.

But there is no media mileage on those stories though. There is lots of information available to anyone who cares to dig it out and analyse it, the media just haven't been *rsed though, pushing the red button instead.

Did I say that?

Currently if you are pinged you have to isolate for 10 days. That’s the bit that is completely inappropriate when cases are soaring as they are, and when really the govt has given up on controlling the spread.

And you did the maths earlier. If the numbers continue to escalate, so too will the pings and the isolations and more and more businesses will have staff shortages.

The whinge is that, as usual throughout this whole pandemic, nothing seems to be thought through or joined up, and decisions do not seem to be being made rationally.

I‘m not the expert but perhaps the only thing that a ping should trigger is an immediate lateral flow test which if only if positive should trigger isolation and a PCR test. Would still enable variants to be tracked without all the unnecessary isolations, which are so economically damaging.

One problem is because the govt aren’t being honest about the current situation and the fact that they have now let rip, they can’t be seen to loosen the T&T rules.

And still the disingenuous f*ckers are calling it ‚freedom day’. How stupid do they think we are?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Third Covid Wave on 00:51 - Jul 18 with 1160 viewsBicester_North

Third Covid Wave on 00:38 - Jul 18 by DorsetIan

Did I say that?

Currently if you are pinged you have to isolate for 10 days. That’s the bit that is completely inappropriate when cases are soaring as they are, and when really the govt has given up on controlling the spread.

And you did the maths earlier. If the numbers continue to escalate, so too will the pings and the isolations and more and more businesses will have staff shortages.

The whinge is that, as usual throughout this whole pandemic, nothing seems to be thought through or joined up, and decisions do not seem to be being made rationally.

I‘m not the expert but perhaps the only thing that a ping should trigger is an immediate lateral flow test which if only if positive should trigger isolation and a PCR test. Would still enable variants to be tracked without all the unnecessary isolations, which are so economically damaging.

One problem is because the govt aren’t being honest about the current situation and the fact that they have now let rip, they can’t be seen to loosen the T&T rules.

And still the disingenuous f*ckers are calling it ‚freedom day’. How stupid do they think we are?

So under your plan

Someone gets the “ping” and gets a lateral flow test which might take a couple of days or more depending on whenever the people can be arsed.

A building site worker for instance who needs the money can easily fake the lateral flow test.

Most people will just crack on unless they have a temperature, cough or other symptom, amd even then if they need the money will go to work. The vaccine should be the end of it.

If you’ve had the double jab, live like we did before. If you haven’t had it, tough shit if you get ill.

The government can’t control it any more. Not everyone lives a comfortable life in the South West where they can work from home and still earn.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Third Covid Wave on 09:37 - Jul 18 with 1097 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 00:51 - Jul 18 by Bicester_North

So under your plan

Someone gets the “ping” and gets a lateral flow test which might take a couple of days or more depending on whenever the people can be arsed.

A building site worker for instance who needs the money can easily fake the lateral flow test.

Most people will just crack on unless they have a temperature, cough or other symptom, amd even then if they need the money will go to work. The vaccine should be the end of it.

If you’ve had the double jab, live like we did before. If you haven’t had it, tough shit if you get ill.

The government can’t control it any more. Not everyone lives a comfortable life in the South West where they can work from home and still earn.

Lateral flow tests are pretty much immediate.

Anyone who will ‘just crack on’ deleted the NHS T&T app weeks ago.

Have you considered a career in public health?

Third Covid Wave on 09:43 - Jul 18 with 1087 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 09:37 - Jul 18 by DorsetIan

Lateral flow tests that are very inaccurate?

what is the plan then. Lockdown forever? I see no one ever dares answers this

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Third Covid Wave on 10:34 - Jul 18 with 1066 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 09:43 - Jul 18 by JaySaint

Lateral flow tests that are very inaccurate?

what is the plan then. Lockdown forever? I see no one ever dares answers this

Not as accurate as PCR tests, but still better than isolation for everyone who is pinged or nothing at all.

I am not in the lockdown forever camp. But relaxing absolutely everything while requiring healthy people to isolate is just mad.

Fact is the ‘freedom day’ was meant to come as the final stage of the second lockdown and the plan by now was for case numbers to be very low.

Because of Boris Johnson’s choices, they are instead very high, so some sort of tweak to the original plan wouldn’t be unreasonable.

Just as a matter of interest Jay:

Have you had the jab?
Will you be wearing a max when you go to places where other people are forced to be in enclosed spaces, such as public transport and shops?

Third Covid Wave on 10:48 - Jul 18 with 1061 viewsDorsetIan

I see Johnson and Sunak are ignoring their pings this morning.

Meanwhile 500,000 expected to isolate, even if healthy.

It’s almost as if theres one rule for Boris Johnson and another for the rest of us. Who would ever have thought it...

Third Covid Wave on 10:51 - Jul 18 with 1060 viewsdwayne_dibley

Third Covid Wave on 10:48 - Jul 18 by DorsetIan

It’s almost as if theres one rule for Boris Johnson and another for the rest of us. Who would ever have thought it...

The Establishment will do what they want

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Login to get fewer ads

Third Covid Wave on 10:59 - Jul 18 with 1055 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 10:34 - Jul 18 by DorsetIan

Not as accurate as PCR tests, but still better than isolation for everyone who is pinged or nothing at all.

I am not in the lockdown forever camp. But relaxing absolutely everything while requiring healthy people to isolate is just mad.

Fact is the ‘freedom day’ was meant to come as the final stage of the second lockdown and the plan by now was for case numbers to be very low.

Because of Boris Johnson’s choices, they are instead very high, so some sort of tweak to the original plan wouldn’t be unreasonable.

Just as a matter of interest Jay:

Have you had the jab?
Will you be wearing a max when you go to places where other people are forced to be in enclosed spaces, such as public transport and shops?

What will a tweak to the plan do? (and what tweak are you on about?)

for a while now, bar wearing masks and not packing into bars and clubs, we are not far back from normal. The country has had enough. We around 50 deaths a day, with those who died who had covid in the last 28 days.

meanwhile 650 will die of cancer today!

Yes, I have had Jab 1. I know people losing their business/jobs because they are healthy but have to lockdown. I will not be wearing a mask. Since the start, covid is not dangerous to almost the entire population.. Now with around 1.2m tests per day, (accuracy is questionable), 50K have covid and 50 die.

we would not entertain any form of restrictions on those remarkable stats.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 11:04]

Third Covid Wave on 11:17 - Jul 18 with 1044 viewssaint22

Third Covid Wave on 10:48 - Jul 18 by DorsetIan

Now they have done a U turn! Well I never
They really are more incompetent with every day
Third Covid Wave on 11:52 - Jul 18 with 1031 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 10:59 - Jul 18 by JaySaint

What will a tweak to the plan do? (and what tweak are you on about?)

for a while now, bar wearing masks and not packing into bars and clubs, we are not far back from normal. The country has had enough. We around 50 deaths a day, with those who died who had covid in the last 28 days.

meanwhile 650 will die of cancer today!

Yes, I have had Jab 1. I know people losing their business/jobs because they are healthy but have to lockdown. I will not be wearing a mask. Since the start, covid is not dangerous to almost the entire population.. Now with around 1.2m tests per day, (accuracy is questionable), 50K have covid and 50 die.

we would not entertain any form of restrictions on those remarkable stats.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 11:04]

I’ll continue to wear a mask in enclosed public spaces. I could be asymptomatic and i might be mixing with someone who is very vulnerable to Covid (but won’t find out until they catch it).

It’s such a small inconvenience to put a mask on, I can’t see any justification at all for not doing so.

When the numbers are very low again, I’ll think about stopping.

Third Covid Wave on 11:55 - Jul 18 with 1026 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 11:52 - Jul 18 by DorsetIan

I’ll continue to wear a mask in enclosed public spaces. I could be asymptomatic and i might be mixing with someone who is very vulnerable to Covid (but won’t find out until they catch it).

It’s such a small inconvenience to put a mask on, I can’t see any justification at all for not doing so.

When the numbers are very low again, I’ll think about stopping.

That is good for you.

I am out in my city centre at the moment, and nearly all COVID announcements/signs are being taken down from shop doors and windows.

about time.

If you and others want to continue and wear a mask, then great. I do not.

Third Covid Wave on 12:17 - Jul 18 with 1010 viewscocklebreath

Third Covid Wave on 11:55 - Jul 18 by JaySaint

That is good for you.

I am out in my city centre at the moment, and nearly all COVID announcements/signs are being taken down from shop doors and windows.

about time.

You’ll be guilt tripped by people saying your selfish, next we’ll be wearing masks to stop giving people low immunity the flu.

Third Covid Wave on 12:21 - Jul 18 with 1007 viewsDorsetIan

That is good for you.

about time.

I don’t want to. I think I should. I think have some responsibility to others.

Third Covid Wave on 14:00 - Jul 18 with 969 viewssaint22

That is good for you.

about time.

It’s about being a responsible human being, no one WANTS to wear masks but when I am on a packed tube I shall I wear one, equally in a busy indoor environment too and I would expect smart adults to do the same
To just say “ I am not” is just childish, but I guess that sums you up
Third Covid Wave on 14:03 - Jul 18 with 967 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 11:17 - Jul 18 by saint22

Now they have done a U turn! Well I never
They really are more incompetent with every day

That’s good that they’ve eventually realised that everyone has to go by the same rules.

Now all they need to do is change the rules so that healthy people (them included) don’t have to self-isolate for 10 days.

Third Covid Wave on 17:43 - Jul 18 with 892 viewscocklebreath

Third Covid Wave on 14:03 - Jul 18 by DorsetIan

That’s good that they’ve eventually realised that everyone has to go by the same rules.

Now all they need to do is change the rules so that healthy people (them included) don’t have to self-isolate for 10 days.

Exactly, the rule is mental.

Third Covid Wave on 18:19 - Jul 18 with 873 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 10:16 - Jul 17 by JaySaint

Lockdown forever then?

Didn’t say that. I shall repeat myself. Initially the plan was a slow, managed release from lockdown. Given the situation is getting worse, why the free for all?
Third Covid Wave on 18:29 - Jul 18 with 869 viewscocklebreath

Third Covid Wave on 18:19 - Jul 18 by Sadoldgit

Didn’t say that. I shall repeat myself. Initially the plan was a slow, managed release from lockdown. Given the situation is getting worse, why the free for all?

It’s going mental anyway so what do you suggest go back to step 1 or 2? The kids break up next week, that can only help

Third Covid Wave on 18:41 - Jul 18 with 866 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 18:29 - Jul 18 by cocklebreath

It’s going mental anyway so what do you suggest go back to step 1 or 2? The kids break up next week, that can only help

I’m not suggestion anything other than it is total madness to pretend all is well and we can just go on as usual without any serious consequences. I am going to continue to respect my life and those of others. I am sure the selfish idiots will do what they like and not bother about the consequences.
Third Covid Wave on 19:55 - Jul 18 with 829 viewssaint22

Third Covid Wave on 18:29 - Jul 18 by cocklebreath

The kids breaking up will hardly help with all and sundry swanning all over the country mask less
Third Covid Wave on 19:59 - Jul 18 with 826 viewscocklebreath

Third Covid Wave on 19:55 - Jul 18 by saint22

The kids breaking up will hardly help with all and sundry swanning all over the country mask less

Masks haven’t stopped this wave and they won’t stop a future wave, utterly pointless

Third Covid Wave on 21:05 - Jul 18 with 802 viewsBison

Third Covid Wave on 19:55 - Jul 18 by saint22

You can keep your comfort blanket mask on if you like.

Dr Colin Axon, who has advised the government on minimising the risk of cross-infection in supermarkets, accused medics of presenting a "cartoonish" view of how how tiny particles travel through the air.

He warned some cloth masks have gaps which are invisible to the naked eye, but are 500,000 times the size of viral Covid particles.

"The small sizes are not easily understood but an imperfect analogy would be to imagine marbles fired at builders' scaffolding, some might hit a pole and rebound, but obviously most will fly through," he told The Telegraph.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Third Covid Wave on 21:10 - Jul 18 with 794 viewsJaySaint

Just been to Rownhams services. Packed solid inside and out.
Hardly a mask being worn. Mostly full of people where English is not the first language, seemed like an eastern european getaway going on (coach part was full also).

But I guess, it is just the gammons messing this up

Third Covid Wave on 23:18 - Jul 18 with 752 viewsBicester_North

Third Covid Wave on 09:37 - Jul 18 by DorsetIan

Yes I know they are immediate Ian, but people might not take them immediately.

Your solution was thick and naive.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024