Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid 15:34 - Jul 30 with 5093 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19481160.saints-turn-aston-villa-james-ward-pr

Grealish off the Man City by the looks of it. Villa want Ward-Prowse. How much will they be prepared to offer?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 23:04 - Aug 1 with 1764 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 22:12 - Aug 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Would that be the club that has a record attendance of around 20k more than your club, and the club that has 4 times as many major honours?

Masks are an absolute must in the PO area. You just wouldn't risk going anywhere near Fratton unless you were paid huge amounts of money.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 23:13]

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 23:31 - Aug 1 with 1729 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 23:04 - Aug 1 by Saintsforeverj

Masks are an absolute must in the PO area. You just wouldn't risk going anywhere near Fratton unless you were paid huge amounts of money.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 23:13]

The emotional outpouring on this site is still well above average I see. Don't let the facts get in the way of your emotions eh!

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 23:37 - Aug 1 with 1720 viewscocklebreath

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 23:31 - Aug 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The emotional outpouring on this site is still well above average I see. Don't let the facts get in the way of your emotions eh!

How’s the racist club down the road doing?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 13:19 - Aug 2 with 1582 viewsButty101

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 22:12 - Aug 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Would that be the club that has a record attendance of around 20k more than your club, and the club that has 4 times as many major honours?

You are so last century.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 13:50 - Aug 2 with 1542 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 13:19 - Aug 2 by Butty101

You are so last century.

This century : Pompey 1 Soton 0

I just have the best facts.

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 14:08 - Aug 2 with 1528 viewsButty101

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 13:50 - Aug 2 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Is that in the attendance's debate? Im sure you were talking about attendances.

Has Pompey managed to average over 21k at home this century? Asking for a friend

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:15 - Aug 2 with 1480 viewsCity_boy

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:06 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

So he would go to Brentford for more money?

Yes, he would.

This would be no different to when Blackburn attracted top players by offering shed load of money. Players that ordinarily wouldn't have given Blackburn a second glance.

That was a long time ago I know, but players and agents have got worse since those days. Money talks !
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:51 - Aug 2 with 1407 viewsSadoldgit

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:15 - Aug 2 by City_boy

Yes, he would.

This would be no different to when Blackburn attracted top players by offering shed load of money. Players that ordinarily wouldn't have given Blackburn a second glance.

That was a long time ago I know, but players and agents have got worse since those days. Money talks !

Blackburn were a completely different kettle of fish back then and were making an all out effort to win the league. Brentford will probably struggle to stay up so I say again that he wouldn’t go there for more money. At his stage f development don’t you think that he would be looking for a step up rather than a step down?
Login to get fewer ads

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 18:27 - Aug 2 with 1368 viewskernow

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:51 - Aug 2 by Sadoldgit

Blackburn were a completely different kettle of fish back then and were making an all out effort to win the league. Brentford will probably struggle to stay up so I say again that he wouldn’t go there for more money. At his stage f development don’t you think that he would be looking for a step up rather than a step down?

Aston Villa are a massive club, in terms of history, achievements, infrastructure, support, financial clout. A move from a club like Saints to Aston Villa would be a step up in my opinion.
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:02 - Aug 2 with 1312 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:51 - Aug 2 by Sadoldgit

As it stands it would be step down to go to Brentford. Top players wouldn't go there to earn less and also struggle, but they would go there if Brentford had a Jack Walker take over, paying top wages and buying the best players - Brentford would then become good because of the money. That's exactly how struggling sides like Blackburn and Portsmouth with small ish grounds, suddenly got good, by attracting the top players with top money. And as another poster said, Villa have a 40 000 plus ground, very ambitious, would triple Ward-Prowse wages, so yes he may well be tempted rather than stay at skint Saints, unfortunately. Or maybe we might be better off with 40 million to spend on the team.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 20:07]

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:06 - Aug 2 with 1304 viewsSadoldgit

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:02 - Aug 2 by Saintsforeverj

As it stands it would be step down to go to Brentford. Top players wouldn't go there to earn less and also struggle, but they would go there if Brentford had a Jack Walker take over, paying top wages and buying the best players - Brentford would then become good because of the money. That's exactly how struggling sides like Blackburn and Portsmouth with small ish grounds, suddenly got good, by attracting the top players with top money. And as another poster said, Villa have a 40 000 plus ground, very ambitious, would triple Ward-Prowse wages, so yes he may well be tempted rather than stay at skint Saints, unfortunately. Or maybe we might be better off with 40 million to spend on the team.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 20:07]

My point was that JWP wouldn’t go to Brentford for more money as the club is now, which you disputed. That does not include a massive cash injection from a benevolent owner. Shearer would never gone to Blackburn if they had just come up and didn’t have a pot to piss in apart from paying him a fortune.
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:19 - Aug 2 with 1294 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:06 - Aug 2 by Sadoldgit

My point was that JWP wouldn’t go to Brentford for more money as the club is now, which you disputed. That does not include a massive cash injection from a benevolent owner. Shearer would never gone to Blackburn if they had just come up and didn’t have a pot to piss in apart from paying him a fortune.

It would be highly unlikely for any club to pay top wages and stay as they are now. If they paid a top wage, they would attract the top players and then wouldn't struggle. So no I wasn't disputing that at all. They wouldn't be as they are now would they, if they paid top wages suddenly! Ofcourse Shearer wouldnt have gone to a club without a pot to p!ss in. Obviously, as they wouldn't have been able to afford him.

"My point was that JWP wouldn’t go to Brentford for more money as the club is now, which you disputed" Your making the point that he wouldn't go there for more money as they are now, which is obvious: they can't afford him! It wouldn't stay as it is now would it if they suddenly paid big wages, buying players for 30 million plus???

So I agree with you that he wouldn't go to Brentford as they are now, because they couldn't afford him! But if they could afford him, paid him a top wage and were ambitious, he would think about going, despite Brentford being a "smaller" club. Portsmouth and Blackburn with money, are proof of that. You were suggesting that even if Brentford had money, he wouldn't go for the money. And then the examples of Blackburn and Portsmouth came up, proving that players go for the cash (and the success usually comes with it).
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 20:54]

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 22:01 - Aug 2 with 1234 viewsPatfromPoole

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 13:50 - Aug 2 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your best players go to Wigan.

As well as your best manager in the last 10 years.

Wigan. A club whose ground is 3 times bigger than their core support.

Your club is a joke.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 14:17 - Aug 3 with 1116 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 14:08 - Aug 2 by Butty101

Is that in the attendance's debate? Im sure you were talking about attendances.

Has Pompey managed to average over 21k at home this century? Asking for a friend

OK,

Who are the most successful club in, say Germany?

It must be Dortmund right? ie all those massive attendances, as according to you, that is what success is, right?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 14:25 - Aug 3 with 1108 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 22:01 - Aug 2 by PatfromPoole

Your best players go to Wigan.

As well as your best manager in the last 10 years.

Wigan. A club whose ground is 3 times bigger than their core support.

Your club is a joke.

Yep, like Wallace and Webster?

The best manager in the last 10 years is Jackett, check the stats man!

Cook went to Wigan to spunk some cash, where are Wigan now?

Wigan and Pompey are a bit like Soton and Celtic, where some players go to the smaller club to earn more money - but the club they leave have a much richer history

Pompey : 4 trophies in 123 years
Soton : 1 trophy in 136 years, which club is the bigger joke?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 15:36 - Aug 3 with 1051 viewsButty101

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 14:17 - Aug 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

OK,

Who are the most successful club in, say Germany?

It must be Dortmund right? ie all those massive attendances, as according to you, that is what success is, right?

I must of missed your answer in all the noise that you wrote.

So have Pompey had a home attendance over 21k this century?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:17 - Aug 3 with 1016 viewsBerber

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:15 - Aug 2 by City_boy

Yes, he would.

But Blackburn had Kenny Dalgleish as manager, a proven winner at all levels. In my view, that puts a whole different perspective on it compared to Brentford.
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 18:50 - Aug 3 with 960 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 15:36 - Aug 3 by Butty101

I must of missed your answer in all the noise that you wrote.

So have Pompey had a home attendance over 21k this century?

Have Soton ever had an attendance over 32.5k?

https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/nav/attnengtot.htm

I'm glad that you are so far ahead of us, how many extra years have you had?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 19:40 - Aug 3 with 910 viewsPatfromPoole

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 14:25 - Aug 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Wigan and Pompey are a bit like Soton and Celtic, where some players go to the smaller club to earn more money - but the club they leave have a much richer history

Wallace and Webster?

No idea who either of them are.

I presume you have gone completely deranged and are just quoting random estate agents from the digital Yellow Pages equivalent.

How many promotions did Jackett get you?

His most notable achievement was only losing by 4 goals in your Cup Final.

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:05 - Aug 3 with 880 viewskernow

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 14:25 - Aug 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

By my reckoning Wigan have won 6 trophies in 43 years and will probably be competing strongly with your lot for promotion from the third tier where they found themselves after administration.
Demotion is something you somehow undeservedly managed to avoid, with far greater debts.
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 21:06 - Aug 3 with 816 viewsPatfromPoole

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:05 - Aug 3 by kernow

By my reckoning Wigan have won 6 trophies in 43 years and will probably be competing strongly with your lot for promotion from the third tier where they found themselves after administration.
Demotion is something you somehow undeservedly managed to avoid, with far greater debts.

There are a number of bigger clubs than Portsmouth in Division 3 this season:-

Sunderland
Sheff Wed
Ipswich
Charlton
Bolton
Wigan

The Paupers will be doing well to finish higher than 12th.

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 19:10 - Aug 4 with 657 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 19:40 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

Wallace and Webster?

No idea who either of them are.

I presume you have gone completely deranged and are just quoting random estate agents from the digital Yellow Pages equivalent.

How many promotions did Jackett get you?

His most notable achievement was only losing by 4 goals in your Cup Final.

One went to Brighton ie PL, and the other Millwall

Not much of a football fan are you?

Jackett's win percentage is higher. it's that simple. His stats are very similar to your Alan Pardew, possibly the second most successful manager in your entire history.

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 19:13 - Aug 4 with 646 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 21:06 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

There are a number of bigger clubs than Portsmouth in Division 3 this season:-

Sunderland
Sheff Wed
Ipswich
Charlton
Bolton
Wigan

The Paupers will be doing well to finish higher than 12th.

Just checked the facts, as I know you find them quite hard to find, but we are the 3rd biggest on that list - going by the last set of numbers registered.

of course, we will be well down this season, due to ongoing stadium work thereby reducing the capacity. I'm sure you will enjoy that fact.

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 19:20 - Aug 4 with 640 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:05 - Aug 3 by kernow

What a record Wigan have, I think we only have registered 5 trophies in that time.

How have Soton done in that time. Is it 1 or 2 trophies, I can't remember

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 19:26 - Aug 4 with 633 viewsCity_boy

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:04 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

Yet some people do. I have no doubt that some people are happy to put aside ambition for cash, but you can’t tar everybody with the same brush. I don’t believe for one minute that players of the quality of Ings and JWP, both with International ambitions, would leave us for a club more likely not to be in the PL next season.

May be not go to a team that will unlikely be in the premiership next year, but willing to go to a club that only finished 11th last year and 4 places above Saints..

Please don't tell me Ings move to Villa was anything else than about money !
Ward-Prowse will be no different if they offer him shed loads of money.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 19:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024