Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City bid 100 million for Grealish 09:36 - Jul 31 with 5346 views1teeminants

Obscene and money is ruining the game. Yes as a Saints fan I’m jealous they have that money to spend I don’t mind admitting it but money ruined the game a few years back and it’ll get worse.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:38 - Aug 1 with 958 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 12:04 - Aug 1 by TripleNiemi

Come off it, what's really changed apart from the levels of cash involved? Blackburn bought the league years back and United have been spūnking obscene amounts on titles for years. New kids on the block that's all.

I would love the big 6 to do one but anyone thinking that is going to solve anything is utterly deluded. Big 6 go, then the newly formed Domestic league would just end up with a new big two or three players. Whatever goes, Saints will never be big players regardless.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 12:56]

Absolutely this. The £ amounts have just got bigger and bigger. Blackburn bought the league and I remember everyone saying so at the time, but that was fine as it was the old man who'd been a fan his whole life, totally hypocritical.

Man Utd and Liverpool have had f**ks loads of money for decades and constantly bought the best players. Everyone must remember the mid-90s when it was a race to spend the most on a player, Shearer, Cole, Collymore, Keane etc - each time the amount got bigger and bigger and everyone said "wow". Even Newcastle had a go.

What about Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough, spunking money left right and centre on Robson who brought in Juninho, Emerson, Ravenelli etc. Again a local boy so it was fine him spending so much on his team.

Now the £ signs are bigger, the owners are "foreign", so only now is it obscene. It's been broken and money driven for f**king years.

Mind you, the players are much less likeable now, utter helmets.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 22:39]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:44 - Aug 1 with 945 viewsBlue

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 17:59 - Aug 1 by saint68

And so begins your fall from grace and humility, you were always a decent and level headed poster..but you've descended into another selfish consumer of success at any cost...

Success and grace never marry well..you've just highlighted that perfectly..

Enjoy your extremely ridiculous financial advantage..its beautiful to see once grounded decent supporters become cravers of success at any cost.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 18:26]

One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on here.

So just because I support another side that is 'cash rich' at present, I lack grace and humility? I suggest you ask Pat about that.

I was responding to a guy that suggested if we didn't have our owner, we would be two divisions lower, despite only ever being in said division for one single year in our entire existence, is that so hard for you to believe? ffs you are a tad sensitive

Still stood in the Kippax

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:46 - Aug 1 with 942 viewsBlue

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 18:12 - Aug 1 by saint68

But Blue would just say you're Jealous...Fathom that.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 18:15]

No I wouldn't. What do you say now?

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:54 - Aug 1 with 929 viewsBlue

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:16 - Aug 1 by saintwizzler

I must be as stupid as I look because I can’t understand that.
Enjoy the 6 points off us on the way to another league title.
I won’t be attending the Man City away match at whatever it’s called these days Stadium.
Not doing the top six away grounds this time with the rest of the tourists.
I’ll save my minimum wage as a clown for Norwich, Burnley etc with some atmosphere.
I won’t put you on ignore as I do enjoy your posts about your travels in the Champions League and wish you all the best in that competition with £100m Grealish and £150m Kane.
Hopefully some of that money filters down to clubs that need it. The cannon fodder of EPL.
Anyway goodnight hun x

How strange.

And if we get 6 points off you this coming season, we will have done better than last season, when you deservedly beat us at your place.

Don't blame you not going to the 'top 6' away games, as so-called 'lesser teams' rarely do well at them, something I know all too well.

Agree with you that Norwich away is class, but Burnley? Not for me is that a top atmosphere unless a night game.

Got nothing against you wizz, but I think your hatred of City is a bit misguided.

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:59 - Aug 1 with 901 viewsSaintNick

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:54 - Aug 1 by Blue

How strange.

And if we get 6 points off you this coming season, we will have done better than last season, when you deservedly beat us at your place.

Don't blame you not going to the 'top 6' away games, as so-called 'lesser teams' rarely do well at them, something I know all too well.

Agree with you that Norwich away is class, but Burnley? Not for me is that a top atmosphere unless a night game.

Got nothing against you wizz, but I think your hatred of City is a bit misguided.

We lost to you twice last season, it was the one before that we won 1-0.

I have no issue with City of any of the big teams spending their money, I just think it is time to let them go to a European Super League and let the rest of us go back to actually standing a chance of winning something.

The problem is greed, they didnt want to go to a European Super League unless they could hang on to the Premier League money as well.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 23:01 - Aug 1 with 900 viewsBlue

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:38 - Aug 1 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely this. The £ amounts have just got bigger and bigger. Blackburn bought the league and I remember everyone saying so at the time, but that was fine as it was the old man who'd been a fan his whole life, totally hypocritical.

Man Utd and Liverpool have had f**ks loads of money for decades and constantly bought the best players. Everyone must remember the mid-90s when it was a race to spend the most on a player, Shearer, Cole, Collymore, Keane etc - each time the amount got bigger and bigger and everyone said "wow". Even Newcastle had a go.

What about Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough, spunking money left right and centre on Robson who brought in Juninho, Emerson, Ravenelli etc. Again a local boy so it was fine him spending so much on his team.

Now the £ signs are bigger, the owners are "foreign", so only now is it obscene. It's been broken and money driven for f**king years.

Mind you, the players are much less likeable now, utter helmets.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 22:39]

Love this. Exactly right.

I remember Roy Keane becoming the first 50k pw footballer, wasn't a great deal of moaning about that. Not long after, he scored an own goal that helped knock united out of the CL, cue the song from the City faithful:

Who's that tw@t they call the keano,
Who's that cvnt they all adore,
He cost 50 thousand quid
And he scored for Real Madrid
And you're not in Europe any more.....

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 23:06 - Aug 1 with 895 viewsBlue

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:59 - Aug 1 by SaintNick

We lost to you twice last season, it was the one before that we won 1-0.

I have no issue with City of any of the big teams spending their money, I just think it is time to let them go to a European Super League and let the rest of us go back to actually standing a chance of winning something.

The problem is greed, they didnt want to go to a European Super League unless they could hang on to the Premier League money as well.

It's late, I'm tired, you're probably right.

But cut the bullsh1t about your chances of winning something.

Just look at the teams that have been in finals recently to see Saints could have done. You deserved to win the league cup final against united ffs.

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 23:30 - Aug 1 with 870 viewssaintwizzler

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:54 - Aug 1 by Blue

How strange.

Blue, I don’t hate City. I prefer them over MU any day.
It’s the way that FFP seems to count for shît these days.

Chelsea started it.
And those fookers ain’t started yet this summer.
It’s absolutely killing the game.
We’ve been raped & pillaged for so many years now that it’s become tradition!

Something has to give at some point, it’s becoming boring.

Jack Stephens is available btw, £75m…
No returns.
👍👍

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 23:46 - Aug 1 with 852 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 23:30 - Aug 1 by saintwizzler

Chelsea started it.

No returns.
👍👍

F**k off, Stephens is a shiny, he's worth John Stones + £50m. No returns.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 00:12 - Aug 2 with 844 viewshedgeend61

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 14:08 - Aug 1 by Blue

Imagine thinking City fans give a toss about united or liverpool fans taking the piss.....one a club that's only finished above us once in the last decade, and the other with one title in the last 30 years.

Ask a group of City supporters, and you'll find 85% prefer to win domestic titles, and while we would like to win the CL, we're not really that @rsed about it.

Regardless of your classification, City ARE a top club presently, whether you like it or not.

You can tell the City fans aren't really fussed about the CL by the amount of empty seats for the home group stage matches.

Are the players really @rsed?, as they (or the manager) seem to bottle it whenever they play a half decent side in Europe?
Wouldn't class Chelsea as a top side last season, but they won the final easy.

But why?, Only having to knock over 2 or 3 dominos serious to win the PL each season should be pretty much a given with the money spent. Going to see the allstars knock 5 or 6 past us, Burnley, Et Al must get pretty boring, and the atmosphere is pretty morgue like.

Do you really think the Sheikhs brief to Pep these last few seasons is, Oh the PL and LC will do us, don't worry about the Big Fish, 85% of the fans don't give a monkeys about it.. Because I don't, and if you don't win it in the next few seasons, you'll probably be looking for a manager who can.

If the Sheiks had rocked up at SMS and bankrolled us I'd rather take one PL title and One CL rather than 5 PL titles.

You're right you are a top club atm, but still only the second biggest in Manchester, and until you win 4 Champions Leagues, always will be.
City bid 100 million for Grealish on 07:58 - Aug 2 with 781 viewssaint68

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:44 - Aug 1 by Blue

One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on here.

So just because I support another side that is 'cash rich' at present, I lack grace and humility? I suggest you ask Pat about that.

I was responding to a guy that suggested if we didn't have our owner, we would be two divisions lower, despite only ever being in said division for one single year in our entire existence, is that so hard for you to believe? ffs you are a tad sensitive

Hit a nerve there obviously.

Condescending, arrogant and aloof..traits I'd never associate with a Man City supporter, but you've managed to adopt all 3 of late.

Crack on Champ 🏆

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 08:00 - Aug 2 with 780 viewssaint68

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 22:46 - Aug 1 by Blue

No I wouldn't. What do you say now?

Yeh, Sure

You've changed...thats clear for anyone but you to see.

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 09:08 - Aug 2 with 749 viewsSaintNick

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 23:06 - Aug 1 by Blue

It's late, I'm tired, you're probably right.

But cut the bullsh1t about your chances of winning something.

Just look at the teams that have been in finals recently to see Saints could have done. You deserved to win the league cup final against united ffs.

You are right teams like Saints have got to the finals of cups but they rarely win them.

In the last 20 years, only Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Swansea have won it outside of the big clubs, in the last 13 season it has been won by Man City 6 times, Manchester united 3 times, Chelsea & Liverpool once with only Swansea 8 years ago and Birmingham 10 getting a look in.

Same as the FA Cup, Leicester was a breath of fresh air last season , but go back the previous 12 seasons and only Wigan have got a look in, usually its been Arsenal & Chelsea contesting it.

In the past 10 years football has changed dramatically, indeed more than that, perhaps the last 5.

So you may say cut the bullsh*t about other teams not getting a chance, but the stats say differently, the likes of City and the rest don't give too much bother about the domestic cups till the final stages and then they take it seriously and steamroller the little clubs in the final.

Look at Watford two years ago destroyed in the final 6-0

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 09:45 - Aug 2 with 729 viewsIanSouthstander

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 23:30 - Aug 1 by saintwizzler

Chelsea started it.

No returns.
👍👍

I don't agree that we've been raped and pillaged over the years. We're adults and i'd say it was consensual. In fact i'd go further and say that we were the party encouraging it a lot of the time.

I'm sick and tired of this always the victim tag.
City bid 100 million for Grealish on 11:00 - Aug 2 with 699 viewsChesham_Saint

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 09:45 - Aug 2 by IanSouthstander

I don't agree that we've been raped and pillaged over the years. We're adults and i'd say it was consensual. In fact i'd go further and say that we were the party encouraging it a lot of the time.

True, we’re not always the victim but we do seem to fold a lot easier than our so called peers do, ie Say Everton through to the bottom when it comes to ‘losing’ players.

Anyway, I suspect that 95% of fans of any club would bury their indignation should a suitable billionaire rock up. And, FWIW why shouldn’t they revel in success after a lifetime of support following a club with little or no success?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 11:35 - Aug 2 with 683 viewssaintwizzler

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 09:45 - Aug 2 by IanSouthstander

Soz bae x

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 06:16 - Aug 8 with 527 viewsdirk_doone

It's quite ironic that at Wembley yesterday City's squad lacked the depth to cope with Leicester. They didn't even have a striker available.

By the way, what a joy it was to see Leicester's owner on the pitch after the game celebrating with his team. He deserves all the success he gets. They've now completed a set of trophies that they never had before: Premier League, FA Cup and Charity Shield. Until the Srivaddhanaprabhas took over, they'd only ever won the League Cup.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 06:28 - Aug 8 with 513 views1teeminants

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 06:16 - Aug 8 by dirk_doone

It's quite ironic that at Wembley yesterday City's squad lacked the depth to cope with Leicester. They didn't even have a striker available.

By the way, what a joy it was to see Leicester's owner on the pitch after the game celebrating with his team. He deserves all the success he gets. They've now completed a set of trophies that they never had before: Premier League, FA Cup and Charity Shield. Until the Srivaddhanaprabhas took over, they'd only ever won the League Cup.

Yes fair play to Leicester. It shows you don’t have to be a big club to achieve success.

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 08:59 - Aug 8 with 474 viewssaint68

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 06:28 - Aug 8 by 1teeminants

Yes fair play to Leicester. It shows you don’t have to be a big club to achieve success.

I see Guardiola is already moaning about not having a striker...difficult times at the Etihad 😥😥

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 09:16 - Aug 8 with 457 views1teeminants

City bid 100 million for Grealish on 08:59 - Aug 8 by saint68

I see Guardiola is already moaning about not having a striker...difficult times at the Etihad 😥😥

Yep my heart bleeds for him. I wonder how he would get on at Saints with not a pot to piss in .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024