Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business 22:10 - Aug 7 with 5420 viewsMattFinish

Last season we started like an express train and faded badly. IMO that was due to lack of depth in the squad and when players couldn't be rotated and we picked up crucial injuries and suspensions it fell apart. Ralph identified the problem when he said he wanted 2 players for every position and by that he obviously meant that the back up would be of similar quality to the first choice.
So this transfer window has seen us sell, release or loan out 21 players including our first choice striker and right back and bring in 4 players, two of whom are 19 year olds. Diallo and Salisu are inexperienced youngsters and should be back ups but will probably be first choice.
We have two keepers who are probably the worse in the PL and the fact that Ralph doesn't fancy either says it all.
We're likely to lose Vestergaard which will leave Bednarek, Salisu and Stephens as our only CBs.
Valery and Livramento are our back up full backs. Lavrimento is a kid and we tried to get rid of Valery who is just not good enough.
JWP is likely to leave so we have Romeu and Armstrong as the only experienced midfielders unless you count Redmond who goes off the boil for 70% of the season. Otherwise you have Diallo, Smallbone and Djnepo who has not lived up to his early few games for us.
I've counted Walcott and Tella as strikers to make it look like we've got some. Tella could well be our star this season but is young and inexperienced. Walcott is inconsistent and injury prone.
The out and out strikers are Adams, Long and Obafemi. I think we'll be lucky to get 12 goals out of them.
So how the hell is this good transfer business other than for Goa and Kat?
We will be most likely missing four of our best performers last season with inferior replacements and a vastly reduced squad which was too thin last season
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 22:18 - Aug 7 with 2470 viewsBison

Totally agree Matttttt.

Nick will you please stop doing your daytime job and get Saints to win a game.

BUTat same time , please dont piss us poor fans off by supporting the management we have. ITS 90% AGAINST THE REGIME , why you supporting it. Even in the eastern bloc they knew the game was up,

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 23:04 - Aug 7 with 2402 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gao out. Ralph is being let down. The fans are being let down.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 23:54]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 23:16 - Aug 7 with 2373 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

It's not been great. A couple of potentials that may be great, good, or sh*t and now an urgent requirement to find a decent striker. Add in the '6' and extra centre back (of proven quality) and I'd agree it has been terrible so far.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 23:38 - Aug 7 with 2339 viewsMattFinish

The fact that it's been clear for half a season that Ings was not going to sign a new contract and has now gone and we haven't even identified a striker to replace him, let alone sign one shows that the owner has completely lost interest
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 23:55 - Aug 7 with 2309 viewsSadoldgit

We started last season poorly not like an express train.Don’t you remember the Brentford game? Livramento looks like a class player already and some said he was MotM today. There are still weeks left in the transfer window. Perhaps save the meltdown for the end of August depending on what happens between now and then?
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 23:56 - Aug 7 with 2308 viewsRon11

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 23:38 - Aug 7 by MattFinish

The fact that it's been clear for half a season that Ings was not going to sign a new contract and has now gone and we haven't even identified a striker to replace him, let alone sign one shows that the owner has completely lost interest

Has no interest in the club, but loves the 28 million brought in for Ings?
Barring a miracle, sad days ahead.
As posted elsewhere on here, with two 9-0 thrashings on his CV, but still continuing to give McCarthy game time (because he has to because Forster needs a back up) and that showing today, it would be no surprise if he walked before his reputation is damaged further - he's not getting much support is he?
Saints have been a roller coaster ride since I first had a season ticket 2003-2004, but this Gao/Liebherr situation is starting to smell bad and is a complete insult to the thousands of loyal supporters of this football club which has great traditions and history but is slowly become a bigger laughing stock day by day.
Let's hope a real football person or group buys the club before it's too late.
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 06:25 - Aug 8 with 2189 views1teeminants

Ralph has said many times we need players and was almost pleading yesterday for something to be done about Ings replacement. He also said we need to buy 2 to 4 players this week . I agree it’s not looking great as sit stands but let’s see what happens this week. I think Vestergaard may be off as he has trained with us but no sign of him in friendlies. Let’s see.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 07:20 - Aug 8 with 2146 viewsPatfromPoole

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 06:25 - Aug 8 by 1teeminants

Ralph has said many times we need players and was almost pleading yesterday for something to be done about Ings replacement. He also said we need to buy 2 to 4 players this week . I agree it’s not looking great as sit stands but let’s see what happens this week. I think Vestergaard may be off as he has trained with us but no sign of him in friendlies. Let’s see.

There is more chance of saintwizzler turning up at the BBC News studios and having a threesome with Fiona Bruce and the lovely Sophie Raworth, than there is of Saints signing 4 players this week.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 07:44 - Aug 8 with 2117 viewssaintwizzler

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 07:20 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

There is more chance of saintwizzler turning up at the BBC News studios and having a threesome with Fiona Bruce and the lovely Sophie Raworth, than there is of Saints signing 4 players this week.

Chuck Victoria Fritz and Naga in and we’re talking hon!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 09:12 - Aug 8 with 2026 views1teeminants

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 07:44 - Aug 8 by saintwizzler

Chuck Victoria Fritz and Naga in and we’re talking hon!

Chuck Lucy Verasamy the weather girl from the other side in and I’ll join you .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 09:27 - Aug 8 with 2004 viewsSonicBoom

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 23:04 - Aug 7 by Saintsforeverj

Gao out. Ralph is being let down. The fans are being let down.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 23:54]

You know the club is for sale right?
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 09:33 - Aug 8 with 1991 viewsPatfromPoole

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 09:27 - Aug 8 by SonicBoom

You know the club is for sale right?

Gao needs to drop his price.

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 09:50 - Aug 8 with 1967 viewsMattFinish

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 09:33 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

Gao needs to drop his price.

Effectively that's what he's doing if we get relegated.
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 10:06 - Aug 8 with 1955 viewsSaintNick

Is the transfer widow closed ?

No so why not wait till any business we do or don't do is concluded when the transfer window is shut.

Until then what is the point in ranting about something that may or not happen.

When the transfer window closes we can then discuss the points with clarity

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 10:16 - Aug 8 with 1939 viewsPatfromPoole

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 10:06 - Aug 8 by SaintNick

No so why not wait till any business we do or don't do is concluded when the transfer window is shut.

But we if don’t replace Ings, the club will be guilty of gross negligence in letting him go and effectively condemning us to relegation.

There is every chance of that, given that clubs know we are increasingly desperate, and we have said we are looking at players with a £10 million limit.

Call me a bed wetter if you will, but as each day goes by, I can see it being a couple of last-minute loan deals, and the majority of the Ings cash is kept unused in the bank account.

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 10:24 - Aug 8 with 1926 viewsSaintNick

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 10:16 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

But we if don’t replace Ings, the club will be guilty of gross negligence in letting him go and effectively condemning us to relegation.

There is every chance of that, given that clubs know we are increasingly desperate, and we have said we are looking at players with a £10 million limit.

Call me a bed wetter if you will, but as each day goes by, I can see it being a couple of last-minute loan deals, and the majority of the Ings cash is kept unused in the bank account.

As I said what is the point in moaning about something that has not yet happened and might not happen, as you said in a previous post, 3 big meltdown's in Saints history all turned out ok in the end.

Lots of the posts is see here and elsewhere are just rants and put out misinformation that gets passed around and soon is claimed as fact.

Saying that this transfer window will just be beneficial for Kat Liebherr and Gao is just plain untrue, neither have taken a penny out of the club and indeed if Kat hadn't come back and loaned the club money in 2014 then we could well have gone into financial difficulties again.

To accuse her would make Markus turn in his grave, yet people still do.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 10:33 - Aug 8 with 1914 viewsTripleNiemi

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 10:16 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

There are a few posters on this forum that i consider to have a measured and reflective philosophy to which i place you in that bracket Pat so no, i would not consider you as one of the 'bedwetters', actually far from it. I think the fact that you have voiced a few concerns this week and posts that include whether the stadium / facilities should be improved over using said funds for a striker speaks volumes of where this club is at. Let's give the hierachy the benefit of doubt (again) and wait with baited breath to see what they pull from the hat and at least try to prevent Ralph from calling time on the club.

Anyone getting wound up or frustrated over Saints these days really should take a step back and consider whether it would be better to take up knitting. I am in the camp where i renewed my ST but it was an easy decision as i had cash tied up in the club following missed games / Covid. Next year could certainly be different though if Gao has not moved on.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 10:35]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 10:52 - Aug 8 with 1880 viewsPatfromPoole

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 10:24 - Aug 8 by SaintNick

As I said what is the point in moaning about something that has not yet happened and might not happen, as you said in a previous post, 3 big meltdown's in Saints history all turned out ok in the end.

Lots of the posts is see here and elsewhere are just rants and put out misinformation that gets passed around and soon is claimed as fact.

Saying that this transfer window will just be beneficial for Kat Liebherr and Gao is just plain untrue, neither have taken a penny out of the club and indeed if Kat hadn't come back and loaned the club money in 2014 then we could well have gone into financial difficulties again.

I’m not accusing anybody of taking money out of the club.

I just think we have taken a pretty high-risk strategy here.

Normally when we sell a player, we have the replacement lined up and announced pretty soon afterwards. Maybe that was the intention here, and then a potential new recruit changed their mind. No idea.

Either way, Everton away could actually have been a real chance to start the season well, given the number of players Everton appear to have unavailable. But we’re not half making it difficult for ourselves.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 10:53]

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 11:09 - Aug 8 with 1839 viewsButty101

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 10:24 - Aug 8 by SaintNick

How do you know he is not turning in his grave as she sold out to a shyster that premiership thought wasn’t fit and proper

You remind me of this saying, “ And if you can keep your head when everybody round you is losing his, then it is very probable that you don’t understand the situation”

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 12:09 - Aug 8 with 1792 viewsSadoldgit

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 11:09 - Aug 8 by Butty101

How do you know he is not turning in his grave as she sold out to a shyster that premiership thought wasn’t fit and proper

You remind me of this saying, “ And if you can keep your head when everybody round you is losing his, then it is very probable that you don’t understand the situation”

How do you know that she didn’t believe his claims that he would take us to the next level? You may recall that we did better under Kat than we did her father. If China hadn’t changed their policy about putting money into Football here perhaps things would be different. We shall never know. But to assume that Kat sold us down the river is based on nothing but ignorance and a blind assumption.
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 15:07 - Aug 8 with 1674 viewsDorsetIan

How come you get to start a thread that says transfer business so far has been good but when someone else suggests it’s been sh1t, then they’ve jumped the gun?

Surely you’re both entitled to your views on where things currently stand.

I agree that we’re not going to get a full picture until the window closes, but we know who’s left already, we knew that we needed to fill big gaps in the squad even before those departures, we’ve been very disappointed in recent windows and we know that the experienced incomings have not exactly been flying in.

I think it’s fair enough to be underwhelmed so far. (Although less so having watched Livramento play yesterday!)

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 15:27 - Aug 8 with 1652 viewsButty101

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 12:09 - Aug 8 by Sadoldgit

How do you know that she didn’t believe his claims that he would take us to the next level? You may recall that we did better under Kat than we did her father. If China hadn’t changed their policy about putting money into Football here perhaps things would be different. We shall never know. But to assume that Kat sold us down the river is based on nothing but ignorance and a blind assumption.

He was never putting money in the club. There’s plenty of quotes directly from Gao about he won’t be fattening the pig, or he is treating the club like a child that must stand on its own 2 feet.
This guy should not have been allowed anywhere near the club. The fact premiership didn’t want him and changed their rules accordingly says more than enough.

That’s a whole new level of desperation claiming Kat regime was more successful than her fathers.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 16:15 - Aug 8 with 1598 viewsSadoldgit

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 15:27 - Aug 8 by Butty101

He was never putting money in the club. There’s plenty of quotes directly from Gao about he won’t be fattening the pig, or he is treating the club like a child that must stand on its own 2 feet.
This guy should not have been allowed anywhere near the club. The fact premiership didn’t want him and changed their rules accordingly says more than enough.

That’s a whole new level of desperation claiming Kat regime was more successful than her fathers.

It is still true.
How many owners do you know put their own money into clubs?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 16:16]
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 16:33 - Aug 8 with 1571 viewsgrumpy

'When the transfer window closes we can then discuss the points with clarity'

Too late then is it not?

I would like to see more fan representation at the club is discuss the concerns of the fans NOW.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 16:34]
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 16:36 - Aug 8 with 1567 viewsRon11

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 16:15 - Aug 8 by Sadoldgit

It is still true.
How many owners do you know put their own money into clubs?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 16:16]

How many owners don't even turn up in the UK, never mind at the stadium?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024