Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts 23:22 - Aug 7 with 16731 viewsKeithHaynes

A young man who wants to play football.
Sunday evening supplement. From 5pm.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 00:04 - Aug 8 with 6152 viewsChief

Is he a young man who wants to go out on the pish too?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 00:09 - Aug 8 with 6132 viewsmax936

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 00:04 - Aug 8 by Chief

Is he a young man who wants to go out on the pish too?

When did he go out on the piss is question that needs answering, he should have asked the question or permission at least though. Silly boy considering he's just arrived at the club though.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 17:59]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 00:27 - Aug 8 with 6107 viewsChief

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 00:09 - Aug 8 by max936

When did he go out on the piss is question that needs answering, he should have asked the question or permission at least though. Silly boy considering he's just arrived at the club though.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 17:59]

If indeed he did at all

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:31 - Aug 8 with 5609 viewsmax936

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 00:27 - Aug 8 by Chief

If indeed he did at all

Of course.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 17:15 - Aug 8 with 5232 viewsKeithHaynes

Need to run this past a few eyes tomorrow before publishing. Difficult thing to do in a Sunday.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 17:43 - Aug 8 with 5177 viewsDJack

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 17:15 - Aug 8 by KeithHaynes

Need to run this past a few eyes tomorrow before publishing. Difficult thing to do in a Sunday.

So you are teasing us.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 18:25 - Aug 8 with 5104 viewsKeithHaynes

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 17:43 - Aug 8 by DJack

So you are teasing us.

Sometimes things need forming up mate, can’t do that on a Sunday afternoon, should be ok for tomorrow ish.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 18:58 - Aug 8 with 5049 viewsDJack

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 18:25 - Aug 8 by KeithHaynes

Sometimes things need forming up mate, can’t do that on a Sunday afternoon, should be ok for tomorrow ish.

I know mate...I was teasing you.

Enjoy your day.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 18:59 - Aug 8 with 5047 viewsKeithHaynes

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 18:58 - Aug 8 by DJack

I know mate...I was teasing you.

Enjoy your day.

Actually it was click bait 😂

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 19:45 - Aug 8 with 5000 viewsBadlands

What do we make of this?
Joel Piroe

When asked why the summer signing missed the loss to Blackburn, Martin commented: “No reason. I had a good chat with Joel about it yesterday [Friday]. I have to pick a squad and a team that I feel is best suited to the game in hand.

“We don’t know each other so we’re still getting to know each other.

“He’ll be involved on Tuesday. He’ll have an opportunity to take his chance, as will a few others on Tuesday I’m sure, so it’s up to him to take it.”

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 21:52 - Aug 8 with 4845 viewsmax936

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 19:45 - Aug 8 by Badlands

What do we make of this?
Joel Piroe

When asked why the summer signing missed the loss to Blackburn, Martin commented: “No reason. I had a good chat with Joel about it yesterday [Friday]. I have to pick a squad and a team that I feel is best suited to the game in hand.

“We don’t know each other so we’re still getting to know each other.

“He’ll be involved on Tuesday. He’ll have an opportunity to take his chance, as will a few others on Tuesday I’m sure, so it’s up to him to take it.”

Going by that, it doesn't seem like he was sent home then, he surely wouldn't have been there if he wasn't even in the Squad, I'd have thought.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 01:30 - Aug 9 with 4744 viewsDJack

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 18:59 - Aug 8 by KeithHaynes

Actually it was click bait 😂

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:00 - Aug 9 with 4479 viewsjackrmee

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 21:52 - Aug 8 by max936

Going by that, it doesn't seem like he was sent home then, he surely wouldn't have been there if he wasn't even in the Squad, I'd have thought.

I agree.

What was click bait?
He wasn't actually sent home?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:29 - Aug 9 with 4419 viewsKeithHaynes

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:00 - Aug 9 by jackrmee

I agree.

What was click bait?
He wasn't actually sent home?

Don’t think he travelled, click bait thing was a bit of tongue in cheek.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:44 - Aug 9 with 4389 viewsone_upmanship

“We don’t know each other so we’re still getting to know each other.“

Thought that was a strange comment.
Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 14:01 - Aug 9 with 4355 viewsBadlands

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:44 - Aug 9 by one_upmanship

That's what I thought.
In management speak that come across as we've clashed and I'm showing him who's boss.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 14:11 - Aug 9 with 4349 viewsjack247

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:44 - Aug 9 by one_upmanship

Agree. One thing to make that comment if an existing manager was speaking about a new player. Coming from someone who presumably only knew a handful of our squad a week ago, it did sound odd.
Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 15:04 - Aug 9 with 4312 viewsone_upmanship

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 14:01 - Aug 9 by Badlands

That's what I thought.
In management speak that come across as we've clashed and I'm showing him who's boss.

To clash with your new manager after a few days is good going. Especially when you haven’t played in a competitive match for the club.
Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 15:35 - Aug 9 with 4268 viewsDr_Parnassus

I’m not writing him off by any means, but this signing (as I said at the time) had some pretty large question marks for me. Something just seemed a little off about it.

Whilst I understand JVZ is a bit of a clown and the rivalry in Holland with PSV, the remarks he made were pretty cutting of his ability specifically.

His record was poor, without question. PSV didn’t seem to haggle over our bid and considering they were shipping him out on loan or shoving him in their reserves whenever they could (that also didn’t really make him an obvious starter in either the Dutch first or second division), seemed more than willing to let him go for what is a pretty big sum of money for someone who isn’t featuring much for anyone he plays for.

I hope my doubts are proven wrong, as that’s all they are. But recent developments haven’t eased any of the doubts I raised when he was first linked.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:54 - Aug 10 with 4009 viewsjackrmee

Safe to say JP has played himself into his managers plans for Saturday...

“We said to the guys at half-time that we needed to give Joel a chance to score because of the hard work he was putting in for the team.

“In the end he ended up having two or three, one of which he created himself brilliantly. I was really pleased with him.

“I felt Saturday (at Blackburn) was a different game and I had to judge it based on what I had seen in training, because that is all we had to judge things on, and he has reacted brilliantly to the chat we had.

"Tonight, he has put himself right into the frame, he took the ball in well, he led the line well, he pressed well and took his goal brilliantly. I am pleased for him."

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:58 - Aug 10 with 4002 viewsmax936

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:54 - Aug 10 by jackrmee

Safe to say JP has played himself into his managers plans for Saturday...

“We said to the guys at half-time that we needed to give Joel a chance to score because of the hard work he was putting in for the team.

“In the end he ended up having two or three, one of which he created himself brilliantly. I was really pleased with him.

“I felt Saturday (at Blackburn) was a different game and I had to judge it based on what I had seen in training, because that is all we had to judge things on, and he has reacted brilliantly to the chat we had.

"Tonight, he has put himself right into the frame, he took the ball in well, he led the line well, he pressed well and took his goal brilliantly. I am pleased for him."

Where did you pick that snippet from?

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 23:00 - Aug 10 with 3994 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 15:35 - Aug 9 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not writing him off by any means, but this signing (as I said at the time) had some pretty large question marks for me. Something just seemed a little off about it.

Whilst I understand JVZ is a bit of a clown and the rivalry in Holland with PSV, the remarks he made were pretty cutting of his ability specifically.

His record was poor, without question. PSV didn’t seem to haggle over our bid and considering they were shipping him out on loan or shoving him in their reserves whenever they could (that also didn’t really make him an obvious starter in either the Dutch first or second division), seemed more than willing to let him go for what is a pretty big sum of money for someone who isn’t featuring much for anyone he plays for.

I hope my doubts are proven wrong, as that’s all they are. But recent developments haven’t eased any of the doubts I raised when he was first linked.

Well it looks like my doubts in terms of his ability may have been misplaced.

From the snippets I’ve seen he certainly has ability.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 23:08 - Aug 10 with 3973 viewsjackrmee

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:58 - Aug 10 by max936

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-boss-martin-praises-debutants

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 23:11 - Aug 10 with 3968 viewsjackrmee

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:58 - Aug 10 by max936

Here's the full video

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/russell-martin-theres-more-do-we-have-made-prog

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 06:56 - Aug 11 with 3887 viewsDr_Winston

Certainly seems like at some point there has been a "teachable moment" there. Credit to both Martin for making his point but not doing what Cooper would have done and ignoring the existence of Piroe for months, and credit to Piroe for taking it on board and grabbing his next opportunity with both hands.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 6:57]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024