Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
65 years a Rochdale fan 19:36 - Aug 13 with 18665 viewsjokerthief

Am I right in thinking that if you do not have a mobile phone you cannot go watch the team you have watched for decades anymore? Now living 20 miles away, I do not want to travel just to buy a ticket on a Friday, I just want to drive to the ground arrive there about 2.30 pm and watch the match. I do not have, or want a mobile phone. maybe elderly people are not welcomed anymore.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:44 - Aug 13 with 8975 viewsJames1980

Can you not print the ticket off online?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:46 - Aug 13 with 8967 viewsTVOS1907

Go to the ground tomorrow, buy a ticket from the ticket office and scan it at the turnstiles.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:47 - Aug 13 with 8957 viewsTVOS1907

65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:44 - Aug 13 by James1980

Can you not print the ticket off online?

He doesn't need to, James.

65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:52 - Aug 13 with 8927 views49thseason

If you get there a little bit earlier than usual , I would think you could get a ticket for the game , (you might need a debit or credit card), alternatively ring them up in the morning and just call in to pick your ticket up ( you will also need a credit card).

If you have a PC with a printer you can print off a ticket but you will again need a credit card.

I have to say, i think its poor that there isnt a cash turnstile or ticket shed simply to sell matchday tickets for cash, I dont think you are alone in your lack of desire to own a mobile phone.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:14 - Aug 13 with 8836 viewsEllDale

I sympathise entirely.
I understand the reasons behind cashless turnstiles but don’t leave loyal fans feeling unable to attend.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:18 - Aug 13 with 8824 viewsMoonyDale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:46 - Aug 13 by TVOS1907

Go to the ground tomorrow, buy a ticket from the ticket office and scan it at the turnstiles.

I just read on the official facebook page that there are no ticket sales from the ticket office on matchdays, only online sales up to kick off..
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 20:21]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:36 - Aug 13 with 8759 viewsMoonyDale

This is the text from the article from Facebook, this seems very strange and is a huge own goal if correct.

Supporters can purchase tickets for the game right up until kick-off via our online ticketing site.

"Simply buy online and scan the ticket, which will be emailed to you, at the turnstiles upon arrival!

Please note, there will be no sales from the Ticket Office on matchday. There are also no cash turnstiles at the Crown Oil Arena, due to the ground now having automatic turnstiles.

The turnstiles will be open from 2pm."
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 20:37]

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:41 - Aug 13 with 8721 viewssince58

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:36 - Aug 13 by MoonyDale

This is the text from the article from Facebook, this seems very strange and is a huge own goal if correct.

Supporters can purchase tickets for the game right up until kick-off via our online ticketing site.

"Simply buy online and scan the ticket, which will be emailed to you, at the turnstiles upon arrival!

Please note, there will be no sales from the Ticket Office on matchday. There are also no cash turnstiles at the Crown Oil Arena, due to the ground now having automatic turnstiles.

Tick tock tick tock ha ha.
Login to get fewer ads

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:47 - Aug 13 with 8673 viewskel

The players are still taking the knee so no need to attend the soccer anyway.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:52 - Aug 13 with 8645 viewsmikehunt

Yes. This is poorly done thought out. Anyone wanting to go to one of our games on the he spur of the moment are stuffed. I think of the odd occasion when a coach load of supporters got diverted to our ground because their match is postponed: that’s business we’ll miss.
Does the same apply to evening games? No tickets on the day?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:14 - Aug 13 with 8527 viewsTVOS1907

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:18 - Aug 13 by MoonyDale

I just read on the official facebook page that there are no ticket sales from the ticket office on matchdays, only online sales up to kick off..

Fair enough. That's changed from something I read a week or so ago. Doesn't sound like the best idea to me.

All I would say is that if jokerthief can post on here, then he has the technology to buy a ticket online.

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:21 - Aug 13 with 8492 viewsMoonyDale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:14 - Aug 13 by TVOS1907

Fair enough. That's changed from something I read a week or so ago. Doesn't sound like the best idea to me.

All I would say is that if jokerthief can post on here, then he has the technology to buy a ticket online.

Maybe it's just a one off as they expect to be busy with season card pick ups? it does seem a strange one for sure...

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:22 - Aug 13 with 8488 viewsfermin

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:14 - Aug 13 by TVOS1907

Not if he doesn't have a printer.

I don't understand the club's problem. Other clubs have had cashless turnstiles for years and at away games you go to a kiosk and get a ticket with a barcode to get you in. They need to rethink this as it will cost much needed income.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:26 - Aug 13 with 8464 viewsncfc_chalky

It's something that needs to be tweaked, Notts have cashless turnstiles but you can buy a paper ticket from the club on the day to get you in

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:43 - Aug 13 with 8385 viewsDorkingDale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:18 - Aug 13 by MoonyDale

That's strange because when I visited the office a few weeks ago I questioned this & was told that I just needed to go to there on match day to buy a ticket......
65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:56 - Aug 13 with 8326 viewsTVOS1907

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:22 - Aug 13 by fermin

Not if he doesn't have a printer.

I don't understand the club's problem. Other clubs have had cashless turnstiles for years and at away games you go to a kiosk and get a ticket with a barcode to get you in. They need to rethink this as it will cost much needed income.

Yep, agree with that.

65 years a Rochdale fan on 22:18 - Aug 13 with 8225 viewsD_Alien

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:43 - Aug 13 by DorkingDale

That's strange because when I visited the office a few weeks ago I questioned this & was told that I just needed to go to there on match day to buy a ticket......

Let's hope the club have this sorted for the rest of the season

Suspect the issue tomorrow will be the lengthy queues for SC cards, which must naturally take priority, and a one-off

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

65 years a Rochdale fan on 22:23 - Aug 13 with 8199 viewsboromat

65 years a Rochdale fan on 22:18 - Aug 13 by D_Alien

Let's hope the club have this sorted for the rest of the season

Suspect the issue tomorrow will be the lengthy queues for SC cards, which must naturally take priority, and a one-off

In hindsight maybe it should have been the other way round and cards picked up before the day of the first game or posted out.

Then they'd be free to sell tickets for the game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:05 - Aug 14 with 7760 viewsTVOS1907

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:36 - Aug 13 by MoonyDale

And yet...

65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:14 - Aug 14 with 7732 viewsborodale

Oh dear, Bottomley strikes again. This is a massive own goal regarding casual supporters.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:21 - Aug 16 with 7259 viewsdiver

65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:14 - Aug 14 by borodale

Oh dear, Bottomley strikes again. This is a massive own goal regarding casual supporters.

I object to the hectoring style from public announcing regarding racism and knee bending.We do not need it in the 50 years of following Dale I have never heard any racist outbursts from fans and I do not want to be constantly told not to do something I have never done!!
65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:38 - Aug 16 with 7183 viewsBainesy15

65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:21 - Aug 16 by diver

I object to the hectoring style from public announcing regarding racism and knee bending.We do not need it in the 50 years of following Dale I have never heard any racist outbursts from fans and I do not want to be constantly told not to do something I have never done!!

Ah, the old "I've never heard racial abuse so it doesn't exist" - a true classic
65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:27 - Aug 16 with 7065 viewssxdale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:21 - Aug 16 by diver

I take it from that, that you never attended the Sandy in the 70's or 80's where racist chanting happened every home game then, either that or your hearing aids were malfunctioning
65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:55 - Aug 16 with 6969 viewsfunkkk

65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:05 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

And yet...

Any idea what the final away attendance was, TVOS? The overall figure was very disappointing.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 14:06 - Aug 16 with 6953 viewsTVOS1907

65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:55 - Aug 16 by funkkk

Any idea what the final away attendance was, TVOS? The overall figure was very disappointing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024