Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CB? Gary Lyneco? 15:17 - Aug 20 with 5426 viewssaints__fan__73

Seems about our level of signing. Squad player for a team who finished 17th in La Liga last season. Was dropped from the first team, came back in for his team's 7-0 thrashing and then was dropped again for the remainder of the season.

I guess at least he's got some experience of embarrassing defeats.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:23 - Aug 20 with 3448 viewsButty101

Sweet Jesus not what we need

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:38 - Aug 20 with 3398 viewsgeezershoong1

Cheap, late panic buy. Another cast off.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:43 - Aug 20 with 3382 viewsSaintsforeverj

The 24 year old leader from Forest will cost far more than 12 million I suspect. They probably want 20 at least. So here we go, trying to do it on the cheap.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:50 - Aug 20 with 3372 viewsBicester_North

If this happens we still must have £15M floating about to sign the Forest lad as well

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:51 - Aug 20 with 3369 viewsdirk_doone

If it is true that we can't afford a Championship regular player so we are getting a squad player from a team near the bottom of Serie A, then I'm not sure we'll even be able to compete in the Championship on our budget. It's now getting to be a bit like trying to compete in a Formula 1 race in an old Formula 2 car because that's all you can afford. You are inevitably going to finish last.

I wonder how we'll get a work permit for him? He's not got a full international cap and even though he's got Portuguese roots, we're no longer in the EU so that won't help.

The one glimmer of hope is that he's got recent U23 caps for Brazil, which suggests he might be a prospect.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 15:59]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:58 - Aug 20 with 3337 viewsNumber_58

We have massive debts. That huge loan has to be paid back at some point. I'm not sure why more fans haven't realised this.
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:59 - Aug 20 with 3327 viewsdirk_doone

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:58 - Aug 20 by Number_58

We have massive debts. That huge loan has to be paid back at some point. I'm not sure why more fans haven't realised this.

I think we have. That's where most of the money we receive from transfer fees will be going. But, it still means we can no longer afford to be competitive in the top flight.

Some of the Torino fans' tweets are hilarious. I don't think I've ever seen a set of fans so deliriously happy to get rid of a player. They'll be devastated if he fails the medical:

"Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more"

[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:25]

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:28 - Aug 20 with 3231 viewsSadoldgit

Has anyone actually seen him kick a football? Not that it is a particularly useful yardstick, but Watford were close to signing him apparently.
Login to get fewer ads

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:33 - Aug 20 with 3213 viewscocklebreath

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:28 - Aug 20 by Sadoldgit

Has anyone actually seen him kick a football? Not that it is a particularly useful yardstick, but Watford were close to signing him apparently.

The response of his current clubs fans tell you all you need to know. Bargain basement, I can’t believe there aren’t any gems in Scandinavian leagues.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:33 - Aug 20 with 3211 viewssaints__fan__73

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:59 - Aug 20 by dirk_doone

I think we have. That's where most of the money we receive from transfer fees will be going. But, it still means we can no longer afford to be competitive in the top flight.

Some of the Torino fans' tweets are hilarious. I don't think I've ever seen a set of fans so deliriously happy to get rid of a player. They'll be devastated if he fails the medical:

"Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more"

[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:25]

Now is that true Dirk?

Can it really beat the pure joy that came from Monaco fans when they realised we had taken Carrillo off of their hands?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:35 - Aug 20 with 3207 viewssaints__fan__73

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:58 - Aug 20 by Number_58

If we get relegated we lose 80% of our revenue overnight and may as well just put the club into admin straight away.

I'm not sure why the owners haven't realised this.

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:36 - Aug 20 with 3199 viewsdirk_doone

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:28 - Aug 20 by Sadoldgit

Watford obviously have now then. The inevitable highlights video. He's # 4:

[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:46]

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:50 - Aug 20 with 3151 viewssaints__fan__73

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:36 - Aug 20 by dirk_doone

Watford obviously have now then. The inevitable highlights video. He's # 4:

[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:46]

The Brazilian Roger Johnson?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:51 - Aug 20 with 3150 viewsSadoldgit

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:33 - Aug 20 by cocklebreath

The response of his current clubs fans tell you all you need to know. Bargain basement, I can’t believe there aren’t any gems in Scandinavian leagues.

It doesn’t mean to say he can’t play. I have been happy to see the back of players who weren’t poor. He may well be rubbish but perhaps we should wait until we see him in action before we slag him off?
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:56 - Aug 20 with 3128 viewsSaintsforeverj

They said they would reinvest any money brought in. So we have about 25 million to spend. Why don't they just buy the highly rated player at Forest for 20 million plus? Or someone like that, a decent proven centre back. We all know the reason. They want to do it on the cheap, yet our fans are charged up to £89 pounds a match.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:56]

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:02 - Aug 20 with 3099 viewsBison

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:51 - Aug 20 by Sadoldgit

It doesn’t mean to say he can’t play. I have been happy to see the back of players who weren’t poor. He may well be rubbish but perhaps we should wait until we see him in action before we slag him off?

So buy him and give him a 4 year contract then see if he can play ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:27 - Aug 20 with 3042 viewsNumber_58

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:35 - Aug 20 by saints__fan__73

If we get relegated we lose 80% of our revenue overnight and may as well just put the club into admin straight away.

I'm not sure why the owners haven't realised this.

If the bank managers start getting twitchy there's not a lot the club can do other than gamble on cut price players with no Premier League experience. Or we could take out another massive loan. Problem is, the more debt you build up the less likelihood there is of a new owner coming in.
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:41 - Aug 20 with 3008 viewsSadoldgit

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:02 - Aug 20 by Bison

So buy him and give him a 4 year contract then see if he can play ?

I’m assuming that the club see something in him of value. They probably have a better idea about him than a bunch of blokes who hadn’t heard of him until an hour ago.
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:46 - Aug 20 with 2997 views1885_SFC

Have we learnt nothing with our previous South American flops?

Old School is Cool

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:49 - Aug 20 with 2985 viewsSouthamptonfan

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:46 - Aug 20 by 1885_SFC

Have we learnt nothing with our previous South American flops?

Very underwhelming signing. Another Danso I expect. It's a massive risk to bring in a Brazilian who has been playing in Italy and never played in the PL. Is he supposed to be the player that sorts out our defence that so desperately needs sorting out? A player that couldn't get in the Torino team for 6 million?

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:51 - Aug 20 with 2981 viewsdirk_doone

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:41 - Aug 20 by Sadoldgit

I’m assuming that the club see something in him of value. They probably have a better idea about him than a bunch of blokes who hadn’t heard of him until an hour ago.

To be fair, I doubt they'd heard of him either until his agent contacted them and told them how cheap he was. In fact, with the Covid restrictions in Italy, how could they even have seen him play?

But you only have to look at video footage of his games, to see he is just a poor man's Wesley Hoedt. He tends to stand back and watch a lot. For some reason, he seems to love picking the ball out of the back of his own net when his team is being thrashed. His team mates must hate him for it.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 17:57]

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:55 - Aug 20 with 2953 viewsSaintsforeverj

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:51 - Aug 20 by dirk_doone

To be fair, I doubt they'd heard of him either until his agent contacted them and told them how cheap he was. In fact, with the Covid restrictions in Italy, how could they even have seen him play?

But you only have to look at video footage of his games, to see he is just a poor man's Wesley Hoedt. He tends to stand back and watch a lot. For some reason, he seems to love picking the ball out of the back of his own net when his team is being thrashed. His team mates must hate him for it.

He will fit in well here then, if he loves picking the ball out of his own net! I know Torino let in loads of goals!

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 18:28 - Aug 20 with 2880 viewsBicester_North

How many games til he gets an ironic cheer when he wins a header?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 18:37 - Aug 20 with 2849 viewsBerber

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:51 - Aug 20 by dirk_doone

He seems to be nowhere near the play most of the time. Once or twice jogging back a la Stephens after the goal is scored. Not to worry, RH won't pick him until after Christmas anyway.
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 19:28 - Aug 20 with 2770 viewscocklebreath

You have an almost childlike trust in the hierarchy, for an old bugger that’s very sweet

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024