Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets 20:49 - Aug 22 with 2146 viewsD_Alien

Just checked, and it sounds like an exciting game today, finished 34-34 v Hunslet (a proper traditional RL outfit)

In this time of rapprochement, i think we should be pleased to have our COA-sharing Rochdale outfit putting on a show for their fans

I've no doubt they'd have been sunk had the MH shit-fit succeeded, so perhaps it's time to put old disputes aside with them (on here) as i'm sure there's very good relations with our new board. They're Dale, like we are

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets on 21:14 - Aug 22 with 2071 viewsEllDale

I alerted Hornets weeks ago to the machinations of Jarvis and Bottomley and the silence was deafening.
Hornets on 21:33 - Aug 22 with 2028 viewsjudd

Hornets on 21:14 - Aug 22 by EllDale

I alerted Hornets weeks ago to the machinations of Jarvis and Bottomley and the silence was deafening.

I think Hornets Chief Exec and our disgraced ex had a good working relationship, so those taken in by his bullcrap are probably feeling awkward

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets on 21:48 - Aug 22 with 1983 viewsD_Alien

Hornets on 21:14 - Aug 22 by EllDale

Didn't know that, but it comes as no surprise

As judd says, they're probably keeping a low profile. But in more general terms, i think the days of the blazer brigade are gone. Apart from anything else, Simon Gauge has a posher accent than they could dream of

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets on 00:00 - Aug 23 with 1844 viewsSandyman

By numerous accounts, Hornets top men Steve Kerr and Andy Mazey seem to be doing a good job and running the club sensibly. Nice to hear about.
Hornets on 07:48 - Aug 23 with 1672 viewsDalenet

With their fan base even older than ours they have been doing some good stuff to create a new emerging fan base. To double their gates over the first few games of the season shows it can be done. Of course it needs to be sustainable. But if you are renting a 10,000 seat stadium you might as well try and fill as many seats as you can
Hornets on 09:26 - Aug 23 with 1551 viewspioneer

Hornets on 07:48 - Aug 23 by Dalenet

With their fan base even older than ours they have been doing some good stuff to create a new emerging fan base. To double their gates over the first few games of the season shows it can be done. Of course it needs to be sustainable. But if you are renting a 10,000 seat stadium you might as well try and fill as many seats as you can

free tickets given to local amateur rugby clubs. Not saying anything wrong with that…but it isnt based on paying customers.
Hornets on 09:29 - Aug 23 with 1540 viewsIOMDale

Hornets on 09:26 - Aug 23 by pioneer

free tickets given to local amateur rugby clubs. Not saying anything wrong with that…but it isnt based on paying customers.

True, though paying customers aren't turning up in droves of their own accord so no harm in writing off a few games as free entries with the hope that it's entertaining enough to entice people to return and pay for the privilege of watching again - especially the younger generation. Get them hooked early and as most of us on here know, you've got them hooked for life.

UTDNFS

Hornets on 10:17 - Aug 23 with 1454 viewsDalenet

Hornets on 09:29 - Aug 23 by IOMDale

True, though paying customers aren't turning up in droves of their own accord so no harm in writing off a few games as free entries with the hope that it's entertaining enough to entice people to return and pay for the privilege of watching again - especially the younger generation. Get them hooked early and as most of us on here know, you've got them hooked for life.

Yep, with the new database capability there is no harm. The away stand will rarely fill one block this season. Offer 1000 free tickets to each game initially, follow up with £5 deals for next 3 games blah blah blah. Then offer then a half season card deal at Christmas. We have to try as we have lost at least 500 fans since last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on 11:51 - Aug 23 with 1324 viewsMoonyDale

Hornets on 10:17 - Aug 23 by Dalenet

Yep, with the new database capability there is no harm. The away stand will rarely fill one block this season. Offer 1000 free tickets to each game initially, follow up with £5 deals for next 3 games blah blah blah. Then offer then a half season card deal at Christmas. We have to try as we have lost at least 500 fans since last season.

Plus the food and drink said fans will consume, profit is profit no matter where it comes from, I for one would love to see something done throughout the season...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hornets on 19:27 - Aug 23 with 1135 viewsblackdogblue

Hornets on 11:51 - Aug 23 by MoonyDale

Plus the food and drink said fans will consume, profit is profit no matter where it comes from, I for one would love to see something done throughout the season...

Whilst I would not cross the road to watch a Rugby match… personal preference on sports although I hope they do well as they are Dale…

Just interested if they have the same catering deal as we have 🤷‍♂️?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Hornets on 19:32 - Aug 23 with 1128 viewsEllDale

I would have thought that any catering deal for the kiosks would be for whoever is playing at the COA on a particular day irregardless of the code.
I seem to remember that it was actually Hornets who introduced the Flying Horse/Quirky Food Co to Spotland when they got them in to cater for their hospitality customers.
Hornets on 20:02 - Aug 23 with 1084 viewsArthurDaley

Did somewhat of a Dale, winning right up to the last few seconds, and then gave a penalty away right on the hooter.

A large VAT Dave

Hornets on 21:51 - Aug 23 with 980 viewsboromat

It would be great to see more cross club promotion. Not reason why both clubs shouldn't promote each other.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024