Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict 09:50 - Sep 13 with 1191 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55733/southampton-v-west

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 11:40 - Sep 13 with 1122 viewsButty101

On paper our toughest game yet. Everton away and Man U at home look tougher to me.

No mention of the superb defensive performance by Mccarthy and Stehpens. No Mention of the mis firing attack that’s scored 4 goals in 4 games.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 11:58 - Sep 13 with 1105 viewsSaintNick

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 11:40 - Sep 13 by Butty101

On paper our toughest game yet. Everton away and Man U at home look tougher to me.

No mention of the superb defensive performance by Mccarthy and Stehpens. No Mention of the mis firing attack that’s scored 4 goals in 4 games.

I said "on paper" when we went to Everton we were playing a side who finished 10th last season, I agree with you United could have been our toughest, but again they had played only one game before here against a Leeds side who aren't great.

Whereas West Ham had destroyed Newcastle & Palace and were 2nd in the League when they arrived

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 12:48 - Sep 13 with 1070 viewsBicester_North

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 11:58 - Sep 13 by SaintNick

I said "on paper" when we went to Everton we were playing a side who finished 10th last season, I agree with you United could have been our toughest, but again they had played only one game before here against a Leeds side who aren't great.

Whereas West Ham had destroyed Newcastle & Palace and were 2nd in the League when they arrived

They destroyed Palace 2-2!

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 15:29 - Sep 13 with 985 viewsButty101

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 11:58 - Sep 13 by SaintNick

But we never get anything at Everton - so that must be one of our toughest tests

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 17:40 - Sep 13 with 927 viewsSaintNick

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 15:29 - Sep 13 by Butty101

But we never get anything at Everton - so that must be one of our toughest tests

I dont base tough tests on the results history of the club we are playing, our poor record at Everton these days is nothing to do with games against them in the 1990's.

For me West Ham were tougher because they are a better team than Everton at the moment

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 20:28 - Sep 13 with 861 viewsWestEndBoy

Anyone notice you are not allowed to take food into ground anymore as of Saturday? Had to finish my burger before they would let me in. ….ffs
Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 21:30 - Sep 13 with 818 viewsdirk_doone

Four games into the season, we now have more points than all of the bottom 3 teams combined.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 21:45 - Sep 13 with 794 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 20:28 - Sep 13 by WestEndBoy

Anyone notice you are not allowed to take food into ground anymore as of Saturday? Had to finish my burger before they would let me in. ….ffs

GAO OUT!!!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 21:59 - Sep 13 with 779 viewsDorsetIan

And they remove the caps from the drink bottles.

Is this so that when you stow the bottle under your seat, stand up and knock them over, you will buy another one?

Or is a lot of damage done by flying plastic caps?

Does anyone know what‘s the furthest row anyone has been able to reach the pitch with one of these. There’s not a lot of weight in them%. Difficult to get much distance.

I’ll be outside the club shop at the next home game selling individual caps for £1 each, so you can safely store your drinks. It might seem a bit pricey but they will all be Covid safe and if you’re careful they are guaranteed for a full season.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 22:00 - Sep 13 with 775 viewsdirk_doone

I saw an attractive young blonde bring a pint of beer to her seat and was surprised as she looked more like a shots girl.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 22:54 - Sep 13 with 735 viewsSaintNick

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 21:59 - Sep 13 by DorsetIan

And they remove the caps from the drink bottles.

Is this so that when you stow the bottle under your seat, stand up and knock them over, you will buy another one?

Or is a lot of damage done by flying plastic caps?

Does anyone know what‘s the furthest row anyone has been able to reach the pitch with one of these. There’s not a lot of weight in them%. Difficult to get much distance.

I’ll be outside the club shop at the next home game selling individual caps for £1 each, so you can safely store your drinks. It might seem a bit pricey but they will all be Covid safe and if you’re careful they are guaranteed for a full season.

They have always removed caps from bottles as long as I can remember, its probably about throwing the bottle with the cap on will retain weight and potentially do more damage, whereas a bottle with the cap off will lose its contents and be quite light when it hits someone

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 22:54 - Sep 13 with 735 viewscocklebreath

My 2 kids were told they couldn’t take their plastic bottles of water into the ground by security, I stuck them in my coat pocket and went in with them, obviously they wanted me to spend £6 on water inside the ground, bunch of fookers.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 23:00 - Sep 13 with 730 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 22:54 - Sep 13 by cocklebreath

My 2 kids were told they couldn’t take their plastic bottles of water into the ground by security, I stuck them in my coat pocket and went in with them, obviously they wanted me to spend £6 on water inside the ground, bunch of fookers.

The control over us all, across society is certainly getting on people's nerves. It's another reason why people don't go anymore.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 23:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 23:09 - Sep 13 with 710 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 21:30 - Sep 13 by dirk_doone

Four games into the season, we now have more points than all of the bottom 3 teams combined.

And top of the draw league
Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 23:23 - Sep 13 with 697 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 22:54 - Sep 13 by SaintNick

They have always removed caps from bottles as long as I can remember, its probably about throwing the bottle with the cap on will retain weight and potentially do more damage, whereas a bottle with the cap off will lose its contents and be quite light when it hits someone

That makes a bit more sense!

I will take my own caps, but will desist from my sales idea in case they fall into the wrong hands.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 07:08 - Sep 14 with 646 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 22:54 - Sep 13 by cocklebreath

Before moving from The Kingsland Stand due to padded seat tax (£262 extra per season) I used to take a Thermos flask of tea, tin of travel sweets and my SFC tartan blanket.
Not once in ten years was I challenged about removing the lid of my flask.

Maybe it is just a rule with cold drinks?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 07:21 - Sep 14 with 640 viewscocklebreath

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 07:08 - Sep 14 by saintwizzler

Before moving from The Kingsland Stand due to padded seat tax (£262 extra per season) I used to take a Thermos flask of tea, tin of travel sweets and my SFC tartan blanket.
Not once in ten years was I challenged about removing the lid of my flask.

Maybe it is just a rule with cold drinks?

Who know mr whizz but as Nick said above I have had lids taken off bottles but not been told not to take plastic bottle in.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 07:33 - Sep 14 with 631 viewsTripleNiemi

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 07:21 - Sep 14 by cocklebreath

Who know mr whizz but as Nick said above I have had lids taken off bottles but not been told not to take plastic bottle in.

Can i still take my rattle and Vuvuzela into the ground or must i purchase a Sammy Saint branded version each game?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 08:33 - Sep 14 with 606 viewssaint22

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 07:33 - Sep 14 by TripleNiemi

Can i still take my rattle and Vuvuzela into the ground or must i purchase a Sammy Saint branded version each game?

What has happened to the cardboard clappers we got every week?
Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 08:59 - Sep 14 with 588 viewsRon11

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 23:00 - Sep 13 by Saintsforeverj

The control over us all, across society is certainly getting on people's nerves. It's another reason why people don't go anymore.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 23:00]

On more than one occasion at St Mary's a 'steward' has threatened to have me thrown out because I asked them to remove themselves from my line of view of the game.
Some of them are utter jobsworth pricks.
Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 17:16 - Sep 14 with 483 viewsBerber

Southampton V West Ham United The Verdict on 07:33 - Sep 14 by TripleNiemi

You can take in your Vuvuzela madam, but it may be inspected for banned objects.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024