Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another new board member 13:39 - Sep 23 with 2358 viewsboromat

Anyone know anything about them?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Another new board member on 13:41 - Sep 23 with 2335 viewsleedsdale

I’ve known Chris for 20 years - Dale through and through
Another new board member on 13:44 - Sep 23 with 2302 viewsSuddenLad

Strong local connections, excellent knowledge of the financial world, with a long history of supporting Dale. Good appointment.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Another new board member on 13:56 - Sep 23 with 2237 viewsjudd

When did he get out of Strangeways?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Another new board member on 13:56 - Sep 23 with 2237 viewsSandyman

Known Chris a long time as a Dale fan and he was superb on the famous AGM / EGM evening. A great appointment for the club.
Another new board member on 14:51 - Sep 23 with 2063 viewsjacko_dale

Probably a simple question but can someone explain the difference between an executive and non-executive director?
Another new board member on 15:35 - Sep 23 with 1968 viewsnordenblue

Another new board member on 14:51 - Sep 23 by jacko_dale

Probably a simple question but can someone explain the difference between an executive and non-executive director?

I know, I know.... one's executive the others not
Another new board member on 15:38 - Sep 23 with 1963 viewsDale92

Another new board member on 15:35 - Sep 23 by nordenblue

I know, I know.... one's executive the others not

i believe that non executives cant vote on board matters, maybe really wrong though

This is the One, I've waited for

Another new board member on 15:48 - Sep 23 with 1934 viewsDalenet

Another new board member on 15:38 - Sep 23 by Dale92

i believe that non executives cant vote on board matters, maybe really wrong though

An Executive Director is somebody paid by the organisation to run it. Often the CEO, FD, COO etc. Non Executive Directors hold the Executive to account but don't run the business. It is usual for a Board to be split say 1/3rd Exec and 2/3rd non exec.

All Board members are equally accountable on Board related matters. So normally all have a vote. There will be matters approved below Board level or at sub committee level. But all members of the Board are accountable to shareholders.

A non exec can be recompensed for their time and expenses, but as I understand it, that isn't true at Rochdale. The Executive can be replaced by the wider board and can be removed from the Board (but still hold senior management roles) by the wider Board.

There may be some specifics in our Articles about how the Board split is made and who has voting rights etc
Login to get fewer ads

Another new board member on 16:13 - Sep 23 with 1863 viewsjacko_dale

Another new board member on 15:48 - Sep 23 by Dalenet

An Executive Director is somebody paid by the organisation to run it. Often the CEO, FD, COO etc. Non Executive Directors hold the Executive to account but don't run the business. It is usual for a Board to be split say 1/3rd Exec and 2/3rd non exec.

All Board members are equally accountable on Board related matters. So normally all have a vote. There will be matters approved below Board level or at sub committee level. But all members of the Board are accountable to shareholders.

A non exec can be recompensed for their time and expenses, but as I understand it, that isn't true at Rochdale. The Executive can be replaced by the wider board and can be removed from the Board (but still hold senior management roles) by the wider Board.

There may be some specifics in our Articles about how the Board split is made and who has voting rights etc

Cheers mate, much appreciated. Seems a good appointment either way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024