Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever 13:42 - Sep 23 with 1496 viewsA1079

I have just heard that the Villa game has been moved to Friday.

So I decided to purchase tickets for Leeds and Villa because they went on sale. Booked a long weekend to travel down south. Organised an evening for Friday 5th with former work colleagues who I have not seen for a while, booked a premier inn in Southampton for Saturday night only to now find the date has now changed for the game.

Why? why sell tickets that far in advance if there is a chance that the date may be changed or why not say to Sky it is too late to change as we have already committed to Saturday 6th and we have sold tickets on that basis. Is the club at fault for selling the tickets too early? Whoever is at fault I am pi**ed off. It will make me think twice about purchasing tickets that far in advance.

Nick will go on about supporting the club but what about the club supporting their supporters?
Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 13:47 - Sep 23 with 1484 viewsSonicBoom

You'll find that he who pays the piper calls the tune. In other words, the clubs do exactly what Sky tells them.
That's modern football for you.
Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 13:54 - Sep 23 with 1468 viewsSaintNick

Im not sticking up for the club here or for that matter anybody, the problem has been for the last 30 years since Sky & the premier League have been involved is that we all know the games are subject to change with as little as a few weeks notice.

The club will refund the tickets as the game has changed, when i book away game hotels in advance if the game is likely to be changed i always make sure i can cancel for free

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 14:01 - Sep 23 with 1458 viewsBLEEDRED

I thought everyone knew by now that Sky dictate kick off times, any game can be moved at short notice.
Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 14:03 - Sep 23 with 1454 viewsA1079

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 13:54 - Sep 23 by SaintNick

Im not sticking up for the club here or for that matter anybody, the problem has been for the last 30 years since Sky & the premier League have been involved is that we all know the games are subject to change with as little as a few weeks notice.

The club will refund the tickets as the game has changed, when i book away game hotels in advance if the game is likely to be changed i always make sure i can cancel for free

I have understood for a long time that the fans do not matter (at least not in the PL) and that TV calls the tune but that does not excuse the fact that clearly SFC jumped the gun by placing tickets on sale for a November game in September (I must admit, I did think it seemed a bit early). You assume that when you state that tickets are on sale that the game is set for that date (unless of course there is a last minute emergency or reason for changing it e.g adverse weather, outbreak of covid, etc). I am afraid personally I cannot defend the club on this.

I respect that my feelings do not really matter and neither the club, Sky or anyone else is going to be bothered. I am just pi**ed off. I was looking forward to a good weekend. I won't be going now and neither will my brother, so that is 2 people less attending that originally were. More empty seats to be seen on TV.

I am not bothered about cancelling the hotel, that is fine in itself, it is the changing of the whole weekend. I realise that in the scheme of world events it is just an annoyance to me and no one has died or anything but that is not the point.

End of rant. Apologies to everyone but just needed to get it off my chest.
Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 14:24 - Sep 23 with 1436 viewsSaintNick

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 14:03 - Sep 23 by A1079

I have understood for a long time that the fans do not matter (at least not in the PL) and that TV calls the tune but that does not excuse the fact that clearly SFC jumped the gun by placing tickets on sale for a November game in September (I must admit, I did think it seemed a bit early). You assume that when you state that tickets are on sale that the game is set for that date (unless of course there is a last minute emergency or reason for changing it e.g adverse weather, outbreak of covid, etc). I am afraid personally I cannot defend the club on this.

I respect that my feelings do not really matter and neither the club, Sky or anyone else is going to be bothered. I am just pi**ed off. I was looking forward to a good weekend. I won't be going now and neither will my brother, so that is 2 people less attending that originally were. More empty seats to be seen on TV.

I am not bothered about cancelling the hotel, that is fine in itself, it is the changing of the whole weekend. I realise that in the scheme of world events it is just an annoyance to me and no one has died or anything but that is not the point.

End of rant. Apologies to everyone but just needed to get it off my chest.

I do sympathise with your plight, but I think the issue here is frustration.

It is not a question of whether fans matter or not, 30 years ago clubs not just in the Premier league started to sign up to TV deals and dates will change its no different to most other leagues across the world in sports other than football.

Yes Saints have jumped the gun by selling tickets in advance for a game, but I don't see what the problem is in selling tickets long in advance, those buying know the date could be moved, so do so knowing there is a likelihood of change.

TV and sky etc is part and parcel of the game now, it has been over 30 years since anyone could look at a fixture list and say with certainty this fixture will be played at 3pm on that date.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 15:14 - Sep 23 with 1392 viewsstmichael

We have all been watching Premier League long enough to know this is likely to happen..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 17:48 - Sep 23 with 1292 viewsdirk_doone

I know it's bloody annoying for you but surely your colleagues would understand if you swapped your Friday and Saturday plans? Booking the hotel for Friday night instead shouldn't be a problem. You've still got a few weeks. Give it a try.

Season ticket holders at all clubs are used to this. I think the club is doing non-season ticket holders a favour by enabling them to book their favourite seats for all of the games they want to go to this season. Also, of course, at a time when they are short of money it helps them to get as much ticket money in advance as they can and you can't blame them for that.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 18:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 21:26 - Sep 23 with 1141 viewsSalisburySaint

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 17:48 - Sep 23 by dirk_doone

I know it's bloody annoying for you but surely your colleagues would understand if you swapped your Friday and Saturday plans? Booking the hotel for Friday night instead shouldn't be a problem. You've still got a few weeks. Give it a try.

Season ticket holders at all clubs are used to this. I think the club is doing non-season ticket holders a favour by enabling them to book their favourite seats for all of the games they want to go to this season. Also, of course, at a time when they are short of money it helps them to get as much ticket money in advance as they can and you can't blame them for that.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 18:00]

I never booked plan anything until TV games confirmed, only once been caught out at Man City Away a-few years ago when game charged due to Spurs new ground not being ready andtheir game with City being rearranged late

As for Villa game works out we’ll for me and a few of my mates as we are going to see New Order at O2 in London so less Hassle than going up after game
Login to get fewer ads

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 21:44 - Sep 23 with 1119 viewssaintwizzler

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 21:26 - Sep 23 by SalisburySaint

I never booked plan anything until TV games confirmed, only once been caught out at Man City Away a-few years ago when game charged due to Spurs new ground not being ready andtheir game with City being rearranged late

As for Villa game works out we’ll for me and a few of my mates as we are going to see New Order at O2 in London so less Hassle than going up after game

It’s a learning curve.
The only thing that pîsses you off is that the November changes were supposedly meant to be announced last Friday.

Don’t bite the hand that feeds though, sod the fans, sorry Customers.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 22:17 - Sep 23 with 1093 viewsA1079

I am over it now. Got rid of my little childish "paddy" and accepted it. Been a cr*p day at work so it just kind of added to it. Move on to the next day.

I am sure a Saints win on Sunday will be just the right medicine.
Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 08:41 - Sep 24 with 966 viewsBison

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 22:17 - Sep 23 by A1079

I am over it now. Got rid of my little childish "paddy" and accepted it. Been a cr*p day at work so it just kind of added to it. Move on to the next day.

I am sure a Saints win on Sunday will be just the right medicine.

Not just you Yorky , Villa fans not happy either

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/aston-villa-news/aston-villa-fans-react-t

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 16:36 - Sep 24 with 863 viewsdwayne_dibley

Angry with SFC/Sky or whoever on 08:41 - Sep 24 by Bison

Not just you Yorky , Villa fans not happy either

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/aston-villa-news/aston-villa-fans-react-t

Angry / sad - Sky do not care

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024