Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic fuel buying 13:02 - Sep 24 with 13088 viewsSadoldgit

So it’s started already. Queues at forecourts and some garages closing. If there is one way to guarantee panic buying it is to appeal for calm!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:47]
Panic fuel buying on 13:49 - Sep 24 with 2966 viewsSalisburySaint

following on from HMV returning thread

maybe we need an HGV drivers return thread
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:49]
Panic fuel buying on 13:58 - Sep 24 with 2954 viewssaintwizzler

Plenty of red diesel up here.
Call me.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Panic fuel buying on 14:53 - Sep 24 with 2921 viewsgeezershoong1

The media - c*nts.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Panic fuel buying on 15:19 - Sep 24 with 2904 viewsHeisenberg

Government to look at issuing temporary visas to European drivers to deliver fuel from the refineries. Welcome to Brexit Britain.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Panic fuel buying on 15:50 - Sep 24 with 2889 viewsSadoldgit

Just went to the supermarket. Couldn’t get anywhere near Tescos for the queue to get petrol. Had to park in a side street! Hardly anyone in Tescos!
Panic fuel buying on 15:56 - Sep 24 with 2885 viewsA1079

This crisis is purely one of the BBC and wider media making. Yesterday there were just 6 BP garages that had supply issues. BBC reported it as a wider supply issue and linked it to all the other issues. There is not a petrol shortage but don't let that stop the BBC from generating another crisis to add to their agenda, whatever their agenda is. This has been down to irresponsible and crass reporting of the highest stupidity. They knew what would happen once they put those first reports out and nothing the government or retailers did or say was going to be able to stop the end result.
Panic fuel buying on 16:00 - Sep 24 with 2880 viewssaint22

Panic fuel buying on 15:19 - Sep 24 by Heisenberg

Government to look at issuing temporary visas to European drivers to deliver fuel from the refineries. Welcome to Brexit Britain.

But Brexit is best for the country
The Tories never raise taxes
welcome to little britain
Panic fuel buying on 16:05 - Sep 24 with 2870 views1885_SFC

Panic fuel buying on 15:56 - Sep 24 by A1079

This crisis is purely one of the BBC and wider media making. Yesterday there were just 6 BP garages that had supply issues. BBC reported it as a wider supply issue and linked it to all the other issues. There is not a petrol shortage but don't let that stop the BBC from generating another crisis to add to their agenda, whatever their agenda is. This has been down to irresponsible and crass reporting of the highest stupidity. They knew what would happen once they put those first reports out and nothing the government or retailers did or say was going to be able to stop the end result.

This 100%. Media w@nkers.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Panic fuel buying on 16:14 - Sep 24 with 2862 viewsDorsetIan

The country isn't ready yet to be honest about Brexit. The govt won't acknowledge any Brexit downsides and the people who voted for Brexit are happy to be lied to.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Panic fuel buying on 16:25 - Sep 24 with 2848 viewsSadoldgit

On the plus side for those with digestive issues there are plenty of loo rolls on the shelves!
Why blame the BBC? We have been told that there is no need to panic, as with loo rolls, but the Great British public panic anyway. We are a country of selfish idiots who don’t listen and react as if it is the end of the world if there is a slight hiccup in our daily routine. If you want Brits to do something in their thousands just tell them not to do it.
Panic fuel buying on 16:35 - Sep 24 with 2840 viewsdwayne_dibley

Panic fuel buying on 16:25 - Sep 24 by Sadoldgit

On the plus side for those with digestive issues there are plenty of loo rolls on the shelves!
Why blame the BBC? We have been told that there is no need to panic, as with loo rolls, but the Great British public panic anyway. We are a country of selfish idiots who don’t listen and react as if it is the end of the world if there is a slight hiccup in our daily routine. If you want Brits to do something in their thousands just tell them not to do it.

Please do not stop breathing or breeding

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Panic fuel buying on 16:36 - Sep 24 with 2836 viewscocklebreath

Panic fuel buying on 16:25 - Sep 24 by Sadoldgit

Did someone tell you not to be a c&nt?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Panic fuel buying on 16:38 - Sep 24 with 2825 viewskingslandstand1

Panic fuel buying on 15:56 - Sep 24 by A1079

"just 6 BP garages that had supply issues"

Well I must have been in one of those yesterday in Dorking area as that was all taped off for no apparent reason so did my panic buying elsewhere!
Panic fuel buying on 16:47 - Sep 24 with 2820 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 16:36 - Sep 24 by cocklebreath

Did someone tell you not to be a c&nt?

If I were you Cockle I would sue the charm school. Used up your stockpile of loo rolls from last year yet?
Perhaps you should save your invective for the people who are filling up their tanks right now when there is no need to do so.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 17:02]
Panic fuel buying on 18:01 - Sep 24 with 2764 views1885_SFC

There are just as many media tossers out there saying buy now for Christmas because the shelves will be empty. We're being conned.

Old School is Cool

Panic fuel buying on 18:02 - Sep 24 with 2759 viewsSalisburySaint

They had signs saying they’d sold out of diesel when I went shopping in Salisbury Tesco
Panic fuel buying on 18:04 - Sep 24 with 2751 viewskingslandstand1

Panic fuel buying on 18:01 - Sep 24 by 1885_SFC

There are just as many media tossers out there saying buy now for Christmas because the shelves will be empty. We're being conned.

Apparently the turkeys are going to have a quiet Christmas as we are being told there won't be enough to go round so we're all going to order something different this year!

Either that or it's going to be nut roast all round!
Panic fuel buying on 19:50 - Sep 24 with 2677 viewsdirk_doone

Panic fuel buying on 16:14 - Sep 24 by DorsetIan

The country isn't ready yet to be honest about Brexit. The govt won't acknowledge any Brexit downsides and the people who voted for Brexit are happy to be lied to.

As you say, almost no one dares mention it as half the country voted for it and they don't want to hear they made a mistake:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/24/food-petrol-shortages-brex
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 19:52]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Panic fuel buying on 19:51 - Sep 24 with 2670 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 18:01 - Sep 24 by 1885_SFC

Just like the good old days. I’m sure many of us remember the three day week and previous petrol shortages. It’s good for the kids of today to get a taste of what we went through!
Panic fuel buying on 20:43 - Sep 24 with 2628 viewsBazza

Panic fuel buying on 19:51 - Sep 24 by Sadoldgit

Just like the good old days. I’m sure many of us remember the three day week and previous petrol shortages. It’s good for the kids of today to get a taste of what we went through!

Do you really hate this country, any problem then you and blinkers Ian lick your lips with delight. Anything I suppose to deflect from continuing mess in the other parties. Boy we’re lucky not to have commie Corbyn , bitter Lammy and gobby Rayner trying to run the show with the unions and extreme left pulling the strings. For Gods sake live in the present and try to be a tiny bit positive please.
Panic fuel buying on 21:07 - Sep 24 with 2611 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 19:50 - Sep 24 by dirk_doone

As you say, almost no one dares mention it as half the country voted for it and they don't want to hear they made a mistake:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/24/food-petrol-shortages-brex
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 19:52]

Yep, good analysis.

But personally think Labour are right not to bang on about Brexit. It wouldn’t go down well with leave voters.

No, I think that it’s best just let the consequences of Brexit unravel, so that one by one the leave voters accept some measure of reality.

Already...

1. The government is not imposing any checks on incoming goods. When that happens, the border problems are going to get worse. (Or they’ll keep postponing the introduction of checks, which will tell its own story and keep us at a permanent disadvantage while we are treated as s third country in relation to our outgoing goods).

2. The NI protocol is creaking at the seams. Lord Frost is saying it must be reformed, but it’s already the result of a long negotiation (by him) so good luck with that.

3. The govt are about to backtrack on immigration rules for lorry drivers. Again, all we need to know.

The truth will out, as they say.

Panic fuel buying on 21:16 - Sep 24 with 2605 viewsDorsetIan

Panic fuel buying on 20:43 - Sep 24 by Bazza

Do you really hate this country, any problem then you and blinkers Ian lick your lips with delight. Anything I suppose to deflect from continuing mess in the other parties. Boy we’re lucky not to have commie Corbyn , bitter Lammy and gobby Rayner trying to run the show with the unions and extreme left pulling the strings. For Gods sake live in the present and try to be a tiny bit positive please.

The only people who have demonstrated contempt for this country are the f@ckers who have dishonestly brought this sh1tshow upon us.

To a man and woman, they were only interested in their own personal advancement or in satisfying their own anti-EU obsessions.

They’ve willingly sold everyone down the river. They never gave a flying f@ck about the well-being of the UK or it’s people. Still don’t.

Panic fuel buying on 21:23 - Sep 24 with 2596 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 20:43 - Sep 24 by Bazza

But they aren’t running the show are they and to pretend that things would be worse under them is deflection of the highest order. No I don’t hate this country but I despair at the selfish people who with no thought for others are happy to sort themselves out (and yes, that includes this PM and his cabinet).
Panic fuel buying on 21:42 - Sep 24 with 2582 viewsthissceptredsaint

I have to say, given the Conservatives claimed in the last election that Corbyn would put us back in the 1970s, they clearly were secret admirers as they have done just that.
Panic fuel buying on 22:14 - Sep 24 with 2559 viewsSalisburySaint

Panic fuel buying on 18:02 - Sep 24 by SalisburySaint

They had signs saying they’d sold out of diesel when I went shopping in Salisbury Tesco

Just come home from meal out tonight, there are queues to get into one garage and the BP one up the road has sold out of fuel

I really despair at people in this country sometimes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024