Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
36 games won in the last 120. 15:29 - Oct 2 with 3600 viewsbarry_sanchez

That tells you all you need to know about why we're getting low attendances, if you don't invest why should the fans, at the very core of this game its deeply cynical, why shouldn't the fans also be like that?
Why should they go when the club only wants to scrape the tv money and survive?
Genuinely hope we go down as were be in a league were we have some chance to compete, not this turkey shoot.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:21 - Oct 2 with 2817 viewsTripleNiemi

God help us if we get relegated........

Gao can't shift the club as it is.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 17:23]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:27 - Oct 2 with 2796 viewsbarry_sanchez

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:21 - Oct 2 by TripleNiemi

God help us if we get relegated........

Gao can't shift the club as it is.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 17:23]

Well he'll have to, League One and the Championship was fun, I'm serious what is the point of us being in the top league, we can't look up as its a glass ceiling so all we can hope for is the odd upset and to tread water, is that it? Is that sport? Is that as good as it gets for a club nowadays?

That's shite isn't it? Its not sport.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:43 - Oct 2 with 2782 viewsTripleNiemi

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:27 - Oct 2 by barry_sanchez

Well he'll have to, League One and the Championship was fun, I'm serious what is the point of us being in the top league, we can't look up as its a glass ceiling so all we can hope for is the odd upset and to tread water, is that it? Is that sport? Is that as good as it gets for a club nowadays?

Hey, not disagreeing with you on this PL mallarchy just that we could be in for fun times financially (again) if we drop.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:51 - Oct 2 with 2766 viewsbarry_sanchez

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:43 - Oct 2 by TripleNiemi

Hey, not disagreeing with you on this PL mallarchy just that we could be in for fun times financially (again) if we drop.

There'll always be a SFC in whatever format, this isn't sport its a turkey shoot for the big 4 to get into Europe.

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:58 - Oct 2 with 2748 viewsSaintsforeverj

Go down and Gao will sell all the players. We would go down again.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

36 games won in the last 120. on 18:26 - Oct 2 with 2703 viewsSadoldgit

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:27 - Oct 2 by barry_sanchez

Makes you wonder why we bothered turning up against City, United and West Ham.
36 games won in the last 120. on 16:39 - Oct 3 with 2467 viewsbarry_sanchez

It does.

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:22 - Oct 3 with 2424 viewsI_would

There are quite a few on here who are very happy with the manager, very happy with the players performances and are enjoying the games. That's one of SFC's big problems, ignorant and blase fan base. Just encourages the management to carry on with their shite year after year.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:33 - Oct 3 with 2412 viewssaint68

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:22 - Oct 3 by I_would

There are quite a few on here who are very happy with the manager, very happy with the players performances and are enjoying the games. That's one of SFC's big problems, ignorant and blase fan base. Just encourages the management to carry on with their shite year after year.

The type that think a meal at Brewers fayre is a treat

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

36 games won in the last 120. on 19:02 - Oct 3 with 2365 viewsSadoldgit

36 games won in the last 120. on 17:22 - Oct 3 by I_would

Who is very happy with the manager? Who is very happy with the players performances? You seem to confuse a lack of bed wetting and constant whinging by most of us for happiness. I doubt very much if there is one single person supporting Saints who is very happy about the situation. I doubt very much that anyone with anything to do within the club is very happy either. If bed wetting and constant whinging changed anything we would be in the top four but it doesn’t. It won’t change the number of points on the board or the amount of money in the bank. So people can either accept what they can’t change and support the club in their efforts to turn things around or spend their days in abject misery, moaning about things they have no control over. I think we know what you will do.
36 games won in the last 120. on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 2331 viewsI_would

36 games won in the last 120. on 19:02 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

Who is very happy with the manager? Who is very happy with the players performances? You seem to confuse a lack of bed wetting and constant whinging by most of us for happiness. I doubt very much if there is one single person supporting Saints who is very happy about the situation. I doubt very much that anyone with anything to do within the club is very happy either. If bed wetting and constant whinging changed anything we would be in the top four but it doesn’t. It won’t change the number of points on the board or the amount of money in the bank. So people can either accept what they can’t change and support the club in their efforts to turn things around or spend their days in abject misery, moaning about things they have no control over. I think we know what you will do.

People such as yourself SOG.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

36 games won in the last 120. on 22:59 - Oct 3 with 2270 viewsstmichael

It was only fun because we were successful.
Otherwise it’s fooling miserable..
Ask pompey

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

36 games won in the last 120. on 23:22 - Oct 3 with 2263 viewsSadoldgit

36 games won in the last 120. on 19:48 - Oct 3 by I_would

People such as yourself SOG.

Fair point. I whinge about Johnson but who knows, perhaps one or two posters might vote another way in the next election through critical posts. Nothing is going to change at SFC through anything posted here, ever. I’ve had the same exchanges with Barry Sanchez for years. All he does is whinge about the club on social media. It changes and will change nothing.
36 games won in the last 120. on 07:48 - Oct 4 with 2187 viewsHeisenberg

I hate to say it but Barry is right. The Premier League is total shite. Have a quick scan over the old league tables. When I was a kid loads of teams challenged. I remember seeing Ipswich, Derby, Forest ,QPR, Watford, WBA and loads of teams in the top 3. Even we finished second. Those days are gone. It’s the same clubs backed by foreign money dominating. The same clubs who a year ago showed their contempt for the league by indicating they wished to leave it. I honestly couldn’t give a shite if we are in the Premier league. We are just fodder for the super rich clubs followed by glory seeking twots wearing shirts of clubs they have absolutely no allegiance to or have never even visited the city of the club they claim to support.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

36 games won in the last 120. on 08:45 - Oct 4 with 2157 viewssolent_toffee

36 games won in the last 120. on 07:48 - Oct 4 by Heisenberg

I hate to say it but Barry is right. The Premier League is total shite. Have a quick scan over the old league tables. When I was a kid loads of teams challenged. I remember seeing Ipswich, Derby, Forest ,QPR, Watford, WBA and loads of teams in the top 3. Even we finished second. Those days are gone. It’s the same clubs backed by foreign money dominating. The same clubs who a year ago showed their contempt for the league by indicating they wished to leave it. I honestly couldn’t give a shite if we are in the Premier league. We are just fodder for the super rich clubs followed by glory seeking twots wearing shirts of clubs they have absolutely no allegiance to or have never even visited the city of the club they claim to support.

The same teams that were a disgrace a few months ago have gone back to getting 99% of the media coverage, 99% positive. This in the week when they have successfully challenged to not pay their fines to UEFA, the fine that was meant to go towards grassroots football. They just don’t give a shit, neither do their ‘fans’ and neither do the media.

Yesterday’s game highlighted this. How many other clubs have the build up to to the game shown in full as though they were showing the last night at the prom.

And the game was just as biased. How Milner wasn’t sent off is incredible. As VAR Mike Dean could not wait to get involved and send JWP off. Liverpool haven’t had an outfield player sent off since 2018.

Sending a Liverpool player off, especially at Anfield, would be akin to sending a popular contestant home on Strictly, I’m a Celebrity, the bake off etc. It would upset the telly viewers so they do all they can to help them out.

Hideous stuff and as has been said before on here if it wasn’t for the day out with my brothers and mates, I would jib it.
36 games won in the last 120. on 09:33 - Oct 4 with 2106 views1885_SFC

36 games won in the last 120. on 08:45 - Oct 4 by solent_toffee

The same teams that were a disgrace a few months ago have gone back to getting 99% of the media coverage, 99% positive. This in the week when they have successfully challenged to not pay their fines to UEFA, the fine that was meant to go towards grassroots football. They just don’t give a shit, neither do their ‘fans’ and neither do the media.

Yesterday’s game highlighted this. How many other clubs have the build up to to the game shown in full as though they were showing the last night at the prom.

And the game was just as biased. How Milner wasn’t sent off is incredible. As VAR Mike Dean could not wait to get involved and send JWP off. Liverpool haven’t had an outfield player sent off since 2018.

Sending a Liverpool player off, especially at Anfield, would be akin to sending a popular contestant home on Strictly, I’m a Celebrity, the bake off etc. It would upset the telly viewers so they do all they can to help them out.

Hideous stuff and as has been said before on here if it wasn’t for the day out with my brothers and mates, I would jib it.

Indeed Toffs. Aye to all of that.

Just look at the top 4 clubs in the table this morning. Same old same old same old borefest.....

Old School is Cool

36 games won in the last 120. on 09:57 - Oct 4 with 2079 viewsdirk_doone

36 games won in the last 120. on 09:33 - Oct 4 by 1885_SFC

Indeed Toffs. Aye to all of that.

Just look at the top 4 clubs in the table this morning. Same old same old same old borefest.....

5,6 & 7, Everton, Brighton and Brentford, are interesting. If we were in one of those places, we would be finding this season exciting, as I'm sure Brighton and Brentford's fans are. The joy of Brentord's fans to finally escape from the lower leagues is there for all to see.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 10:03]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

36 games won in the last 120. on 10:08 - Oct 4 with 2060 views1885_SFC

36 games won in the last 120. on 09:57 - Oct 4 by dirk_doone

5,6 & 7, Everton, Brighton and Brentford, are interesting. If we were in one of those places, we would be finding this season exciting, as I'm sure Brighton and Brentford's fans are. The joy of Brentord's fans to finally escape from the lower leagues is there for all to see.

All of the clubs that wanted to break away should have had points deducted - but didn't - due to the PL being corrupt and SKY having the PL by the gonads.

Only then would the PL table have been 'interesting' dirk - for a change.

Old School is Cool

36 games won in the last 120. on 10:21 - Oct 4 with 2028 viewsdirk_doone

It's natural to blame our own club's malaise on external factors but the fact of the matter is we were all as happy as Larry with the PL at the end of last year. I can also remember how depressed we were in the Championship at the end of 2008:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/06/southampton-newcastle-premier-l

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

36 games won in the last 120. on 10:31 - Oct 4 with 2009 viewsSadoldgit

36 games won in the last 120. on 09:57 - Oct 4 by dirk_doone

It was wonderful to see Leicester break the cartel too. Smaller clubs can make a dent in the EPL but as we found out, it isn’t easy to sustain it. The ability for the rich clubs to dominate comes from being able to afford and attract top quality squads in depth. The Brentford’s and Brighton’s will be back in the relegation zone in the not too distant future, but other clubs will take their place and that at least keeps things interesting outside the top 4.
36 games won in the last 120. on 10:33 - Oct 4 with 2006 viewsMessysaints

36 games won in the last 120. on 10:08 - Oct 4 by 1885_SFC

All of the clubs that wanted to break away should have had points deducted - but didn't - due to the PL being corrupt and SKY having the PL by the gonads.

Only then would the PL table have been 'interesting' dirk - for a change.

i thought the lack of punishment was down to the spanish courts? so i am finding it hard how you can blame the EPL and SKY for some thing the Spanish courts overruled?
36 games won in the last 120. on 10:46 - Oct 4 with 1982 viewsSaintsforeverj

36 games won in the last 120. on 08:45 - Oct 4 by solent_toffee

Not sending off Milner yesterday was a total disgrace. They went to VAR at Chelsea to send off Ward Prowse , probably rightly so, but didn't bother with Milner yesterday. They can't send off a Liverpool player can they, let alone at Anfield. So what is indeed is the point? You can tackle badly unpunished at some clubs, but not at others.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 10:47]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

36 games won in the last 120. on 10:53 - Oct 4 with 1960 views1885_SFC

36 games won in the last 120. on 10:33 - Oct 4 by Messysaints

i thought the lack of punishment was down to the spanish courts? so i am finding it hard how you can blame the EPL and SKY for some thing the Spanish courts overruled?

I think you'll find it's called collusion.

Old School is Cool

36 games won in the last 120. on 11:01 - Oct 4 with 1944 viewsMessysaints

36 games won in the last 120. on 10:53 - Oct 4 by 1885_SFC

I think you'll find it's called collusion.

So the EPL and Sky went with Barca and Real to the Spanish courts to fight being punished by uafa for trying to form their own invite only league?.. Ok.
36 games won in the last 120. on 11:26 - Oct 4 with 1911 views1885_SFC

36 games won in the last 120. on 11:01 - Oct 4 by Messysaints

So the EPL and Sky went with Barca and Real to the Spanish courts to fight being punished by uafa for trying to form their own invite only league?.. Ok.

In a roundabout sort of way - yes.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/sep/27/super-league-still-poses-existe

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024