Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The clown 19:35 - Oct 5 with 16346 viewssaint22

Just watched BoJo interviewed on C4 news
Good god could anyone be anymore unconvincing!?
Contradicting himself, stumbling and humbling answers and banging on about people want a government that performs for them! As if they haven’t been in power for 11 years
How the hell do people fall for his ineptitude
Oh and there is no labour shortage at all that’s just due to lack of investment
Ffs
The clown on 06:10 - Dec 14 with 2202 viewsbarry_sanchez

The clown on 10:47 - Dec 13 by Bridders2

Oh come on, racist Jezzer with incompetent Diane Abbot as Home Secretary????????

Racist? Go on, I bet I can find a few in the tory party who're genuinely racist or have tendencies that way.
Abbot is a has been and of no relevance, she wasn't liked by many outside London, using that as an attempt to strengthen your argument is silly, we hold the Government to account and not some pub well what if bollocks, you're a tory, your always be a tory, thats it, don't disguise it own it, you voted for the bastards.
Saying the others would have been worse is conjecture, deflection and frankly codshite.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

The clown on 09:56 - Dec 14 with 2160 viewsBridders2

The clown on 06:10 - Dec 14 by barry_sanchez

Racist? Go on, I bet I can find a few in the tory party who're genuinely racist or have tendencies that way.
Abbot is a has been and of no relevance, she wasn't liked by many outside London, using that as an attempt to strengthen your argument is silly, we hold the Government to account and not some pub well what if bollocks, you're a tory, your always be a tory, thats it, don't disguise it own it, you voted for the bastards.
Saying the others would have been worse is conjecture, deflection and frankly codshite.

Corbyn oversaw a culture in the Labour Party that was deeply racist towards Jews and did nothing about it, and actually encouraged it. Scratch the surface and that culture still exists.
You say Abbott is of no relevance, but Corbyn/ Abbott was the choice at the last election. Labour supporters couldn't vote for them and Boris got in. Now I was sceptical about Boris, and his latest misdemeanours have come to be his downfall. Most conservatives want reliability, efficiency and pragmatism and are appalled at Johnson's lying and cheating. He might pull a trick out of the bag and survive, we'll see, but I doubt it, but this government has 3 years to find a worthy replacement.
And as for being a tory, research proves people start voting Conservative when they reach 39 on average because they see a more rounded view of the world, that obviously hasn't happened to you.
The clown on 10:11 - Dec 14 with 2146 viewsgrumpy

The clown on 09:56 - Dec 14 by Bridders2

Corbyn oversaw a culture in the Labour Party that was deeply racist towards Jews and did nothing about it, and actually encouraged it. Scratch the surface and that culture still exists.
You say Abbott is of no relevance, but Corbyn/ Abbott was the choice at the last election. Labour supporters couldn't vote for them and Boris got in. Now I was sceptical about Boris, and his latest misdemeanours have come to be his downfall. Most conservatives want reliability, efficiency and pragmatism and are appalled at Johnson's lying and cheating. He might pull a trick out of the bag and survive, we'll see, but I doubt it, but this government has 3 years to find a worthy replacement.
And as for being a tory, research proves people start voting Conservative when they reach 39 on average because they see a more rounded view of the world, that obviously hasn't happened to you.

'. Most conservatives want reliability, efficiency and pragmatism and are appalled at Johnson's lying and cheating'

How come so many voted for the Owen Paterson amendment?
The clown on 12:14 - Dec 14 with 2101 viewssaint901

It is an unfortunate fact that politics, rather like football, has become a tribal issue.

It no longer seems to matter what policies are in manifestos or whether a particular politician is thought to have integrity or not, because we layer on our own prejudices and cherry pick our own take on the worst or the best stories about individuals and parties to suit our tastes.

Blame for a large element of this situation lays at the feet of politicians who have routinely abused their privileged positions for their own gain and in so doing have destroyed trust in them and the system.

Add in a seeming inability to say sorry when caught with their hand in the cash register or prostituting themselves to big business or punting arrogant and discredited prejudices and its little wonder we don't respect them or what they represent.

However, we also need to look inward. We are a generation that is uniquely gifted an ability to access and consider information that goes way beyond the carefully packaged image that political PR companies want to present us. We can examine and analyse and critique and deconstruct party political and personal political positions. We are no longer passive recipients of whatever is deemed to be on message.

Regardless, many of us harbour deep set prejudices against the Red or the Blue and often go out of our way to find stories that bolster those negative positions. Yes it is terrible that in 2018/19 discrimination against parts of our multi cultural society were allowed - even encouraged - to be present. Yes it is terrible that MPs will value increasing their bank accounts at the expense of their (and our) integrity.

This happens and will continue happening because nobody with political power wants it to change.

We, the electorate, are no longer faced with voting for a person who we have judged and consider worthy of our vote. We've not been able to do that for perhaps 250 years. Instead we are asked to pick a "Party" and often that is a choice of "least worst".

We do however have the ability to do our own research and to use our vote based on our own conscience and not to vote for Red or Blue just because that's what our parents did or because of where we live or work. Sadly most of us will not do that because politics is "boring" or "my vote will make no difference" or "I'd rather be spoon fed" or "Red/Blue seems like a nice person".

And that is our fault.

It's our fault that people like Boris occupy the position he is in. His Party will not oust him until its obvious he will lose them the next election - two years minimum until that happens. Starmer will not force a vote of no confidence because he knows Labour's best shot at winning a GE is if Boris is still leader of the Tories.There is no sign of any third force arising to challenge.

Reading back the above, I do not imply any personal criticism of posters here. By "your" I mean us as in the general electorate of which I am part. I'm not seeking to pick out any individual. Please don't read it that way.
The clown on 19:44 - Dec 15 with 1984 viewsbarry_sanchez

The clown on 09:56 - Dec 14 by Bridders2

No and it won't because I'm not a selfish bastard, I love this Country (how did they steal that ground on that when tories hate the nation state and love free market enterprise?) so I care for all not just my tribe or my own.
Corbyn isn't racist, some of his followers are, like Rees-Mogg isn't racist....hold on.........

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

The clown on 07:35 - Dec 16 with 1910 viewsPaleRider

The clown on 12:14 - Dec 14 by saint901

It is an unfortunate fact that politics, rather like football, has become a tribal issue.

It no longer seems to matter what policies are in manifestos or whether a particular politician is thought to have integrity or not, because we layer on our own prejudices and cherry pick our own take on the worst or the best stories about individuals and parties to suit our tastes.

Blame for a large element of this situation lays at the feet of politicians who have routinely abused their privileged positions for their own gain and in so doing have destroyed trust in them and the system.

Add in a seeming inability to say sorry when caught with their hand in the cash register or prostituting themselves to big business or punting arrogant and discredited prejudices and its little wonder we don't respect them or what they represent.

However, we also need to look inward. We are a generation that is uniquely gifted an ability to access and consider information that goes way beyond the carefully packaged image that political PR companies want to present us. We can examine and analyse and critique and deconstruct party political and personal political positions. We are no longer passive recipients of whatever is deemed to be on message.

Regardless, many of us harbour deep set prejudices against the Red or the Blue and often go out of our way to find stories that bolster those negative positions. Yes it is terrible that in 2018/19 discrimination against parts of our multi cultural society were allowed - even encouraged - to be present. Yes it is terrible that MPs will value increasing their bank accounts at the expense of their (and our) integrity.

This happens and will continue happening because nobody with political power wants it to change.

We, the electorate, are no longer faced with voting for a person who we have judged and consider worthy of our vote. We've not been able to do that for perhaps 250 years. Instead we are asked to pick a "Party" and often that is a choice of "least worst".

We do however have the ability to do our own research and to use our vote based on our own conscience and not to vote for Red or Blue just because that's what our parents did or because of where we live or work. Sadly most of us will not do that because politics is "boring" or "my vote will make no difference" or "I'd rather be spoon fed" or "Red/Blue seems like a nice person".

And that is our fault.

It's our fault that people like Boris occupy the position he is in. His Party will not oust him until its obvious he will lose them the next election - two years minimum until that happens. Starmer will not force a vote of no confidence because he knows Labour's best shot at winning a GE is if Boris is still leader of the Tories.There is no sign of any third force arising to challenge.

Reading back the above, I do not imply any personal criticism of posters here. By "your" I mean us as in the general electorate of which I am part. I'm not seeking to pick out any individual. Please don't read it that way.

Bridders - from your post I expect you are over 39, regard yourself as well rounded and vote tory!

You are correct that people over 39 tend to vote tory. However, that is usually down to the fact that older people are more fiscally and socially conservative and this tens to equate to the tory party.

It has nothing to do with being well rounded. For example, a couple of friends are in senior executive roles with major global financial institutions. Both are therefore highly successful and have lived and worked in a number of countries, speak foreign languages and contribute to the arts. I have other friends who are very successful in their fields, have global reputations and work across cultures and borders (often again being multi-lingual - they too don't vote tory. However, neither would dream of voting conservative - not because they are not well rounded but because they don't believe that the conservative party is equitable. I also have friends who are somewhat narrow minded and insular - they do vote tory.
The clown on 09:26 - Dec 16 with 1861 viewsBridders2

The clown on 07:35 - Dec 16 by PaleRider

Bridders - from your post I expect you are over 39, regard yourself as well rounded and vote tory!

You are correct that people over 39 tend to vote tory. However, that is usually down to the fact that older people are more fiscally and socially conservative and this tens to equate to the tory party.

It has nothing to do with being well rounded. For example, a couple of friends are in senior executive roles with major global financial institutions. Both are therefore highly successful and have lived and worked in a number of countries, speak foreign languages and contribute to the arts. I have other friends who are very successful in their fields, have global reputations and work across cultures and borders (often again being multi-lingual - they too don't vote tory. However, neither would dream of voting conservative - not because they are not well rounded but because they don't believe that the conservative party is equitable. I also have friends who are somewhat narrow minded and insular - they do vote tory.

The amount of money the conservatives are spending on the NHS and new hospital building is very equitable. Drug rehabilitation wanted £400m but are getting £750m, the Tories are stealing Labour's clothes in being a big spending party. And some prominent business people will support Labour as you say, but three times as many support the Conservatives polls reveal.
39 is actually quite young and a time when people have more responsibilities, ie kids, careers, mortgages etc and take a more pragmatic view of the world.
The clown on 09:48 - Dec 17 with 1786 viewsSadoldgit

Wonderful by election result in North Shropshire last night and hopefully this is the beginning of the end for Johnson and his useless government. No doubt he will just bat it off as mid term malaise but people are finally seeing the emperor and his new clothes for what they are and the bloke has never been more exposed. Good to see the LibDems also finding their feet again, but they will need to find a more dynamic leader than Ed Davey if they want to mount a stronger challenge at the next election. Starmer must be praying that the Tories keep faith with Johnson until the next election. He has now become a liability to them though and if they have any sense they will ditch him sooner rather than later.
Login to get fewer ads

The clown on 10:29 - Dec 17 with 1766 viewsbarry_sanchez

The clown on 09:26 - Dec 16 by Bridders2

The amount of money the conservatives are spending on the NHS and new hospital building is very equitable. Drug rehabilitation wanted £400m but are getting £750m, the Tories are stealing Labour's clothes in being a big spending party. And some prominent business people will support Labour as you say, but three times as many support the Conservatives polls reveal.
39 is actually quite young and a time when people have more responsibilities, ie kids, careers, mortgages etc and take a more pragmatic view of the world.

My wife is in this bracket, multi lingual, works in various countries, wouldn't dream of voting tory, would never vote tory, I've met good tories but they've always use the word I, me and tax a lot. I look at them as people who simply want to hold onto capital at all costs, the guise of communism, Corbyn and many other things is crap (whether they are conscious of this or not as most are politically illiterate), they simply are selfish.

The clown on 19:35 - Dec 17 with 1707 viewsdirk_doone

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/politics/north-shropshire-by-election/2021/1
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 19:38]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The clown on 15:41 - Jan 11 with 1489 viewsdirk_doone

The clown on 19:35 - Dec 17 by dirk_doone

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/politics/north-shropshire-by-election/2021/1
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 19:38]

Drunk at work again.

It looks like he's sleeping it off today as he hasn't turned up.

Get Rishi Sunak in now. The clown has got his Brexit done. Now we need someone capable of running the country.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 15:48]

The clown on 16:08 - Jan 11 with 1441 viewsCity_boy

As a lifelong Tory voter, even I am getting fed up with Boris and his attitude, treating us all like mugs.

Time for a change and get Rishi in there.
The clown on 16:27 - Jan 11 with 1427 viewsPaleRider

The clown on 16:08 - Jan 11 by City_boy

As a lifelong Tory voter, even I am getting fed up with Boris and his attitude, treating us all like mugs.

Time for a change and get Rishi in there.

Good chancellors don't necessarily make good PM's - however, I think he would be the best bet.
The clown on 17:12 - Jan 11 with 1397 viewsCity_boy

The clown on 16:27 - Jan 11 by PaleRider

Good chancellors don't necessarily make good PM's - however, I think he would be the best bet.

Agree.

I think they need to steady the ship with a safe bet. Rishi would provide this and someone most would trust. (I wouldn't be averse to Jeremy Hunt, but draw the line at Esther McVey or Ledsom if they start to get aspirations above their station again !).

I think Boris has now become too 'toxic' and a liability. He will be gone in weeks. It will make for an interesting PMQ's tomorrow.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 18:12]
The clown on 18:39 - Jan 11 with 1341 viewsgrumpy

The clown on 09:26 - Dec 16 by Bridders2

'three times as many support the Conservatives polls reveal'

Show us where you got that figure from, please.
The clown on 18:58 - Jan 11 with 1326 viewsSadoldgit

If he had a shred of integrity and honour he would resign now. However he hasn’t and he will think that he hasn’t done anything wrong and will cling on with others taking the fall for him. His problem now is that his own people are finally seeing him for what he is and are turning on him. The opposition parties must be hoping that he stays on because he is now an electoral liability.
The clown on 18:44 - Jan 12 with 1247 viewskernow

I think he's doing great! 😎
The clown on 20:55 - Jan 12 with 1192 viewsSadoldgit

The clown on 18:44 - Jan 12 by kernow

I think he's doing great! 😎

Isn’t he just! His non apologetic apology was pure Johnson at his Teflon best. Unfortunately for him, his attempt to pass the latest party off as “technically” not breaking the rules might be a blag too far. His MP’s are crapping themselves that their seats are at risk because of him. As one said, he is now a dead man walking.
The clown on 21:14 - Jan 12 with 1179 viewskentsouthampton

The clown on 00:03 - Jan 13 with 1110 viewskentsouthampton

The clown on 13:48 - Jan 13 with 1012 viewsSadoldgit

The clown on 00:03 - Jan 13 by kentsouthampton

Gave me a chuckle. It was like the bloke on the news last night. He said he hadn’t been badly affected by the pandemic and as Johnson had apologised it was now ok by him. What a “piglet” I thought.
The clown on 15:05 - Jan 13 with 977 viewsPaleRider

The clown on 00:03 - Jan 13 by kentsouthampton

Made my day!
The clown on 15:27 - Jan 13 with 966 viewsSadoldgit

Not great from the very magazine he used to edit.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-unfathomable-inadequacy-of-boris-johnson
The clown on 15:35 - Jan 13 with 965 viewsPaleRider

The clown on 15:27 - Jan 13 by Sadoldgit

Not great from the very magazine he used to edit.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-unfathomable-inadequacy-of-boris-johnson

SOGs - the simple, sad truth is that Boris is a con-man pure and simple. The only PM who has come close is "Sir" war criminal and even he wasn't in Boris's league. The contrast in the article to other PM's is a staggering indictment of how far we, as a country, have fallen.

The only people who still defend him are those whose pride cannot allow them to admit to having been conned. I wonder if I can persuade any Boris supporters to let me have their bank account details
The clown on 16:02 - Jan 13 with 961 viewsdirk_doone

The clown on 15:35 - Jan 13 by PaleRider

SOGs - the simple, sad truth is that Boris is a con-man pure and simple. The only PM who has come close is "Sir" war criminal and even he wasn't in Boris's league. The contrast in the article to other PM's is a staggering indictment of how far we, as a country, have fallen.

The only people who still defend him are those whose pride cannot allow them to admit to having been conned. I wonder if I can persuade any Boris supporters to let me have their bank account details

Telling the truth about anything is the absolute last resort for Boris. He was the same when he was a making up stories about straight bananas or, as a poiitican, talking about made up numbers on the side of a bus.

He is a charming con man: an Old Etonian version of Del Boy and that appealed to the voters. Even though Del Boy was a rogue, the British public loved him. Throw in the fact that a lot of English people 'like to be ruled by a tof' and Boris had the perfect formula to win their votes.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 16:03]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024